FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wigan Warriors > Super League - a solution ???
32 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1568
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33521_1264522771.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33521.jpg

Ive had quite in depth conversations over the last few days with fans from many clubs, some bigger clubs, some struggling clubs and the root cause of the decline of Rugby League in this country. You listen to fans of big clubs like ourselves and we bemoan the salary cap preventing growth, the fact we cant keep the cream of talent because the cap will never increase as smaller clubs can barely afford to survive as it is. The small clubs bemoan the fact that big clubs sign all the top amateur talent all over the country meaning they are left with scraps, cannot catch up because the big teams hoover up all the potential worldbeaters. Its a double edge sword. The big teams cant grow as theyd like, the small teams cannot survive or even compete with the bigger clubs leaving us with a major problem.

Well I started thinking about long term solutions from grassroots up to preserve the game because the RFL are clearly a clueless organisation.

Firstly, Catchment areas are introduced locally, similar to school catchment areas. Strict boundaries of amateur teams that fall within these boundaries supply a feeder club with amateur player signing for this feeder club if they fall within a specific area.

Secondly, A feeder club league similar to the NRL is introduced who in turn supply their respective professional team with players that have been nurtured through the catchment area, into a feeder club and then into professional ranks.

Thirdly, Laws are written into the game to prevent tapping up and transfer of players whilst coming through the catchment area, feeder club system and transfers occurr only at first grade level where the professional club will receive substantial finacial recompence to buy out of contract.

Forthly - A two tier super league system is put in place, 10 teams per league with relegation and promotion between the two tiers. Fixtures from both tiers receiving televison coverage and exposure etc. A variety of playoff systems could be discussed but ultimately a top 4 system I feel would be better to decide the champion. A similar system could be in place to decide promotion to the top tier.

The above points Ive put across in as basic a priciple as possible without going into intricate detail but you get the drift of the idea. Its a long term thing that protects all clubs and encourages local development at grass roots level. IE wigan would have links with St Pats etc, Whitehaven with Kells, Cas with lock lane, Wakey with Normy knights etc etc. It stops all locally produced talent just being shipped out elsewhere, promotes home grown talent, helps all teams develop at an equal rate, producing a more competitive league which will go from strength to strength rather than teh current catch 22 situation we currently have.

RankPostsTeam
International Star23No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
65375_1334845859.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_65375.jpg

The soloution was there before the RFL Changed it, its was called town team rugby. This was run as schools but the talent was realistically drawn from local clubs. If you did not go to school in Wigan you was not on the Wigan Town Team.

With the introduction of Scholorships came the offer to sign lads from outside the district, this just ripped the heart out of the pro clubs who lost their best talent at the age of 15. Some would argue that the old system didnt allow for people who did not have a strong hot bed of rugby, i.e. Bolton but i believe that was a lame excuse, its not hard to nominate alternative areas to cover the pick up. ie.e Bolton share with Leigh

There is one particular person in the community game pushing madly to get the links system working as you suggest i just hope some people listen because you are right that will help grow other clubs that have been struggling to keep/grow their own talent

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6307
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10873_1262551258.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10873.jpg

The game needs a massive overhaul.

I think there should be 2 x 9 team leagues, all playing each other home and away and then playing each of the teams from the lower league / super league 1 away once. This would provide a 24 game season. At the end of the season Promotion and relegation between the two leagues could take place

IMAGINE LEAGUE MAKE UP

Super league 1

Wigan
Wire
Saints
Leeds
Hudds
Hull
Hull KR
Bulls
Catalan

Super league 2

Salford
Widnes
London
Cas
Wakey
Leigh
Fax
Fev
Sheffield

Salary cap between the two league could differ slightly i:e £1.2m in League 2 and £1.6m in league 1 but at least there would be full time clubs in two leagues and the leagues would be very competitive.

Thoughts

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2284
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jan 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35892_1286104184.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35892.jpg

Quote: Tricky Dicky "The game needs a massive overhaul.

I think there should be 2 x 9 team leagues, all playing each other home and away and then playing each of the teams from the lower league / super league 1 away once. This would provide a 24 game season. At the end of the season Promotion and relegation between the two leagues could take place

IMAGINE LEAGUE MAKE UP

Super league 1

Wigan
Wire
Saints
Leeds
Hudds
Hull
Hull KR
Bulls
Catalan

Super league 2

Salford
Widnes
London
Cas
Wakey
Leigh
Fax
Fev
Sheffield

Salary cap between the two league could differ slightly i
It's all about the TV deal to accompany the two leagues if that can be put into place then great I think many people are championing the two tier league but it's such a radical step forward it's up to some one at the RFL to put their necks out and push this forward and get Sky/Premier Sports/ESPN on board with it otherwise it'll just remain a theory on internet forums and newspaper columns.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman8119No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Lothlorian,
What would stop the hoovering up of talent would be a player rating system.
Each club has a first team match day ratings of 100 points
Whereby a player coming through the local ranks (club trained) get minimal points on the rating. So even Internationals such as Sam, Roby and Danny McGuire would get a max of 4 points. So if effect you could have a 17 man team of Internationals provided they were produced locally.

Those who were poached from ourside that local area (federation trained) get a premium of 10 points plus their ability and experience points. So the likes of Hansen, Hardaker and Burrow would be 14 team point players as they are Internationals and came from Salford, Featherstone and Castleford respectively.

Overseas players (Non Federation Trained) would have a premium of 14 points plus their ability points. So Monaghan and Hohaia, both Internationals, would be 18 point players.

It would be surprising to see how few 14 or 18 point players you could get in a match day 17 with 100 points as the maximum number.
That would stop the poaching of quality players from bottom end clubs like Cas, Wakey and HKR.
This would be a transparent sytem understood by all with minimal administration.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1885No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60432_1309989471.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60432.gif

Decline of rugby league in this country, you say?
Huh?
Attendances growing year on year.
England team rapidly improving. (just compare to the woeful 2008 WC team)
All it needs is another Frenchy team to replace one of the flatcap armies and we're flying.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach331
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45340.jpg
:45340.jpg

IMAGINE LEAGUE MAKE UP

Super league 1

Wigan
Wire
Saints
Leeds
Hudds
Hull
Hull KR
Bulls
Catalan

Super league 2

Salford
Widnes
London
Cas
Wakey
Leigh
Fax
Fev
Sheffield

surely thats a 25 game season and how can you run a club on just 8 home games a season/ why does the higher division get punished with that, it just wouldn't work, you'd need to play the lower division home and away on some sort of rota or draw, other than that it's a good idea!!

RankPostsTeam
International Star3441
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Oct 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53430_1391854791.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53430.gif

- Change SL to 12 tier League
- Bring back Promotion and Relegation
- Someone else in charge of refs
- Have an actual sponsor in super league that will pump a bit of money into clubs

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach331
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45340.jpg
:45340.jpg

Quote: FIOS "- Change SL to 12 tier League
- Bring back Promotion and Relegation
- Someone else in charge of refs
- Have an actual sponsor in super league that will pump a bit of money into clubs'"

add to that, put someone in charge at the red hall who has a clue and bingo!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

Whilst the idea in theory is sound, I think in practise it would run into the law. Something about restraint of trade not allowing a youth player to sign outside of their area. The points system suggested would bypass this as it's not stopping an individual but a club and the club would have to sign up to this rule to compete a bit like the cap at the moment.

In a way though the player drain is not the cause of the problem just a symptom. The real issue is revenues and how they have fallen compared to our competitors. People have said that the RFL have pushed the stadia issue too far, forcing clubs to develop stadia they cannot afford. But if you look at those clubs who have managed to develop new stadia this on the whole has managed to bring in more fans for SL clubs and a more secure financial future.

I don't think there is a silver bullet for the problem of revenues as this is down to how each club manages it's finances. In terms of a league structure I would favour 2 equal leagues. It does not resolve the money issue but it would resolve some of the competitive issues.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8991
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47035_1386433761.gif
We can be bold enough to make a stand and do battle for our views and beliefs. But we must strive to be mature enough not to resort to unnecessary personal attacks upon people with opposing views.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47035.gif

Wigan, Saints, Warrington, Salford, Widnes, Wrexham, Catalan, Another French team (Toulouse)

Leeds, Bradford, Hull, Hull KR, Huddersfield, Cas, Wakey, London.

If everyone plays home and away in their own league, that's 14 games. This should ensure the smaller clubs get their big payday's as the derbies are still in place. At the moment there is no viable option for a London Derby, but if there was then I would introduce it. It also solves the intensity issue as the big clubs only play a smaller number of 'low intensity' games. ie Wigan would only play Salford, Widnes, Wrexham and Toulouse as opposed to (Salford, Widnes, Cas, Wakey, London, Hull K.R, (Huddersfield depending))

I know 14 games is not enough, so at this point in the season cross divisional games come into play. The top 4 from each division play each other home and away. The bottom 4 play each other home and away. 6 more games. This leads to 20 games per club. It throws some bias into the system too, meaning the lower placed team get an oppertunity to close the gap and make the playoffs.

After the cross divisional games. The leagues come back together for the last set of fixtures, the top 4 playing each other once more and the bottom 4 playing each other once more. Repeat fixtures I know, but we can't avoid this without more teams at present and 16 teams is pushing it with the players available.

This gives clubs 23 games if more are needed the the number of repeat fixture would need expanding, maybe home and away in the last set of games giving 26 games. Then the playoffs kick in.

Top 4 from each division 1v4, 2v3, 3v2, 4v1
Straight knockout comp.

This means finishing higher gives a distinct advantage to the top teams, but the cross divisional games means that a lower placed team may sneak in on the odd occasion.

The leagues would not be closed off, but a new team joining would have to meet minimum standards. In a way I'm not concerned about a salary cap, but I would suggest that a 3 year licence have some kind of break even clause, so a club cannot buy success through debt, but it does not stop money men gifting money to clubs, it just stops them leaving clubs with debts they cannot afford to repay over the long term.

The leagues long term could expand infinatley, with 20 teams you can have 2 leagues of 10. Even if just one club could be added, it does not matter so much that the leagues are uneven in size as the playoffs would decide the eventual champion so an even league is not required.

I can't see the current proposed 10 league suggestion catching on as whilst it puts teams against one another on a more competitive level, it's taking money from TV away from the likes of Cas, Salford, London and it's taking away the big payday derbies that generate revenue. Leigh Cas is never going to replace Leeds Cas, no matter how competitive the game is.

It means a bigger spread of the TV monies, but the big clubs get their derby paydays and more fixtures against bigger clubs more often, which may compensate for less TV money and hopefully get more fans in to watch more competitive games.

RankPostsTeam
International Star137No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2014Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JonB95 "Decline of rugby league in this country, you say?
Huh?
Attendances growing year on year.
England team rapidly improving. (just compare to the woeful 2008 WC team)
All it needs is another Frenchy team to replace one of the flatcap armies and we're flying.'"

I think that you will start to see the decline this year. If you look at Wigan for example our team next year will be far weaker than this year. Going forward we will continue to lose our top talent to either RU or the NRL. Some clubs will be affected whilst others less so. For example if you look at Wire most of their top players are the wrong side of 30 so are of no real interest. Forwards cant really play in like for like positions in RU so I was always comforted with many of ours being contracted. NRL clubs rarely paid transfer fees but this is changing so everyone is now fair game. The only up side of this is money coming into our game in the form of transfer fees but this is short term. Agents will be advising thier clients to sign shorter contracts.

I dont really know what the answer is. The only real way of keeping players in our game is to pay them more. However how many clubs are actually able to afford to pay up to the limit as it stands now? For the ones that can then the issue is the level of the cap.

So many of my fellow supporters are not renewing next year. Lower crowds will mean less money coming in. As the top players move on then the standard of the game naturally declines. The lower the standard then the less money the RFL can command in sponsorship and TV rights. The less that comes in the worse the situation gets. Its a vicious circle.

We are staging the next world cup for both RL and RU in the next 3 years. Which competition would exite you most in terms of crowds etc? RL doesnt have this problem in Australia as their club game has thrived for years.

I can honestly say tha IMO our club game will be semi pro within 5 years and who knows where we will be after that.

I take your point about the England team but what difference will it really make if none of them play over here.

Its all very depressing icon_sad.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star576No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="headhunter":lnxdgxk2]Union people are idiots. They almost universally accept that league is a better, faster game played by better athletes, yet for some reason they continue to disregard and belittle it. That game is tedious as hell from start to finish. If he'd ever played or even bothered to give more than a fleeting chance to league he would realise that the game is far more 'technical' than Union ever could be. Booting the ball into touch, scrummaging and forming rucks and mauls aren't areas that involve any skill, technique or mental capacity whatsoever. These are clumsy, outdated facets of the game that are also extremely uninteresting to watch and thus have to be defended in some way by people who are too prejudiced to see the truth.[/quote:lnxdgxk2]:

IMAGINE LEAGUE MAKE UP

Super league 1

Wigan
Wire
Saints
Leeds
Hudds
Hull
Hull KR
Bulls
Catalan

Super league 2

Salford
Widnes
London
Cas
Wakey
Leigh
Fax
Fev
Sheffield

Hey…You pretty much nicked my Idea! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

The only problem with your idea is too little home games for SL1 teams to break even - We would need a third round of fixtures against each other (half teams in league home / half away – on rotation) and then half the division up, with only 5 games away to SL2 opposition IMO.

This would then be the perfect solution IMO- as I put in another forum (See my post in another thread which expands a little further viewtopic.php?f=2&t=539609&tsmp=1352035110&start=60).

Cross pollination of fixtures ensures it is all one league (and not a re-branded championship), leads to less blow out boring games as more are evenly matched, and in the games which are SL2 v SL1 fixtures, given there are only a handfull of key fixtures for the SL2 teams to get up for, and they are at home, this should increase the chances of upset and ensure they are competitive for a handfull of games they can raise for, where they would not be as competitve week in week out (see featherstone in the cup last year).

IMAGINE LEAGUE MAKE UP

Super league 1

Wigan
Wire
Saints
Leeds
Hudds
Hull
Hull KR
Bulls
Catalan

Super league 2

Salford
Widnes
London
Cas
Wakey
Leigh
Fax
Fev
Sheffield

Hey…You pretty much nicked my Idea! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

The only problem with your idea is too little home games for SL1 teams to break even - We would need a third round of fixtures against each other (half teams in league home / half away – on rotation) and then half the division up, with only 5 games away to SL2 opposition IMO.

This would then be the perfect solution IMO- as I put in another forum (See my post in another thread which expands a little further viewtopic.php?f=2&t=539609&tsmp=1352035110&start=60).

Cross pollination of fixtures ensures it is all one league (and not a re-branded championship), leads to less blow out boring games as more are evenly matched, and in the games which are SL2 v SL1 fixtures, given there are only a handfull of key fixtures for the SL2 teams to get up for, and they are at home, this should increase the chances of upset and ensure they are competitive for a handfull of games they can raise for, where they would not be as competitve week in week out (see featherstone in the cup last year).

RankPostsTeam
International Star1789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: mr ree "surely thats a 25 game season and how can you run a club on just 8 home games a season/ why does the higher division get punished with that, it just wouldn't work, you'd need to play the lower division home and away on some sort of rota or draw, other than that it's a good idea!!'"

Many years ago in the 50s and early 60s there was only one division which consisted of 30 clubs and to get away from having to play 58 matches they used the following method.
There where 15 clubs in Yorkshire and 13 in Lancashire at the time (Barrow was in Lancashire) Workington and Whitehaven where then included in the Lancashire side of things,which meant 15 from Lanc's and 15 from York;s.
This meant you had 28 fixtures when you played each team home and away from your County and to beef the fixtures up to the 36 matches it was at that time, all the Lancashire Clubs played 4 teams from Yorkshire home and away and the Yorkshire did the same (they played 4 teams from Lancashire)
The 4 teams you played from the opposite County I think was based on the previous seasons placings.
Having checked the 1954/55 season the 4 Yorkshire teams Wigan (who had finished 4th) played finished 1st,4th, 8th and 12th the previous season in a 30 team league.
This system seemed to work quite well for a few years.

So putting something like this into the previous suggestion of the poster who said 9 teams in each division could be worked on, 16 matches against teams from your own league and 8 matches against the other league.
How you picked the 4 teams from the other league would be open to debate,it could be based on previous league placings or more on a regional basis which would give some cracking local derbys.
It is only a very basic idea and I could see a lot of obstruction from Sky and fitting promotion and relegation into it may be a problem,but it can't be any dafter that the present playoff system.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator14395No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26.jpg
Last league derby at Central Park 5/9/1999: Wigan 28 St. Helens 20 Last league derby at Knowsley Road 2/4/2010: St. Helens 10 Wigan 18:26.jpg

Quote: bewareshadows "Whilst the idea in theory is sound, I think in practise it would run into the law. Something about restraint of trade not allowing a youth player to sign outside of their area. The points system suggested would bypass this as it's not stopping an individual but a club and the club would have to sign up to this rule to compete a bit like the cap at the moment.'"

I think this hits the nail on the head about possible problems with the initial idea. Any kind of restriction that would force youngsters in Leigh to sign with Leigh as juniors and be paid a low wage compared to signing with Wire for much higher wages will never work. There has to be little to no financial disadvantage to restricting who junior players can sign for for it to work.

Quote: bewareshadows "In a way though the player drain is not the cause of the problem just a symptom. The real issue is revenues and how they have fallen compared to our competitors. '"

This is THE issue. Had the RFL got the nous to get a £38m a-season TV deal out of a broadcaster as the RU Premiership has just got out of BT Vision we could have a far better structure than we do now and pay players enough to remove the financial consideration from the question of moving to RU or the NRL.

As it is there is barely enough money to run a 12 team super league on so called professional lines. Any idea of a two division super league with more teams in it than 12 is a complete non-starter unless there is a lot more money to distribute to all the teams involved. Any form of promotion and relegation between any kind of league structure is only feasible if financially it isn't a complete disaster to get relegated (and equally doesn't require clubs to secure a huge increase in revenue to compete once promoted).

The fact RU have got this TV deal when their viewing figures on Sky are worse than for Super League leaves me pointing the finger at the RFL for their abject failure to secure more revenues for the game.

As I have said on another thread despite the so called time of austerity we live in, RU has just got this £38m a year deal while we are supposed to accept giving away free sponsorship to Stobart's is all we can hope for.

32 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
32 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.75732421875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh h pt 2
moto748
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Rumours thread
JINJER
11s
Rumours and signings v9
Zig
14s
Recruitment rumours and links
RobRiches
50s
Whitehaven H
Bullseye
1m
2024 l Academy Scholarship & Reserves News
Sir Gregory
1m
On to Barrow home
faxcar
1m
TV Games - Not Hull
Irregular Ho
3m
Sheffield Eagles home
Spookisback
6m
Wire part 2 of 2
nikos
7m
Is Lokie On His Way
pmarrow
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Sky Sports Plus shambles
gym bunny 1
TODAY
Catalans Squeeze Past The Giants And A Step Closer To The Play Offs
RLFANS News
TODAY
Wire
the-bearded-
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Hull Fc
Septimius Se
TODAY
Cumbrian RL
Keith Lard's
TODAY
Whitehaven H
Bullseye
TODAY
Squad for London
Or thane
TODAY
Saints Win Golden Point Thriller with Salford
RLFANS News
TODAY
Brisbane Broco signs for next season
Huddersfield
TODAY
Round 21 Wigan Home
Once were Lo
TODAY
Leeds a
Zig
TODAY
On to Barrow home
faxcar
TODAY
Sky sports
Or thane
TODAY
Matty Ashurst testimonial cricket match this Sunday
Trin e ti
TODAY
First Half Wigan Blitz Overcomes the Leigh Leopards
RLFANS News
TODAY
Sheffield Eagles home
Spookisback
TODAY
Etan Natoli to leave Broncos at seasons end
Benny Profan
TODAY
The Black and Whites have been loaned Wigan prop for the res
Huddersfield
TODAY
Belle Vue attendances
financialtim
TODAY
Lisa Nandy
moto748
TODAY
New Home for Hull FC
His Bobness
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Catalans Squeeze Past The Gian..
Saints Win Golden Point Thrill..
First Half Wigan Blitz Overcom..
London Broncos Victorious Over..
Salford Win the Mid Table Batt..
Saints Back To Winning Ways Wi..
Hull KR Top of the League With..
Wakefield Trinity Back to Winn..
Catalans Dragons Defeat Hull F..
Salford Move Closer To Play Of..
Warrington Wolves Humiliate Wi..
Bill Arthur Rest In Peace..
Rhinos Comfortably Win Scrappy..
Battling Tigers Beat The Drago..
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headin..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.62M 2,454 ↑1280,09414,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R23
06:00
Canberra
v
Manly
08:30
NQL Cowboys
v
Brisbane
10:35
St.George
v
Canterbury
     Womens Super League 2024-R11
12:00
St.HelensW
v
FeatherstoneW
       League One 2024-R19
13:00
Cornwall
v
Hunslet
14:00
BarrowW
v
Wire W
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R21
15:00
Leeds
v
Wigan
       Championship 2024-R21
18:00
Doncaster
v
Toulouse
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R23
05:00
Dolphins
v
NZ Warriors
07:05
Newcastle
v
Wests
12:00
York V
v
Hudds W
       League One 2024-R19
Midlands
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Keighley
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R21
Leigh
v
Hull FC
LondonB
v
Warrington
       League One 2024-R19
Oldham
v
Newcastle
       Championship 2024-R21
Batley
v
Swinton
Bradford
v
Whitehaven
Halifax
v
Barrow
Widnes
v
Featherstone
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 10th Aug
SL
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 11th Aug
SL
Leigh-Hull FC
SL
LondonB-Warrington
Sat 17th Aug
SL
19:30
Warrington-Leeds
SL
17:00
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
14:30
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:30
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:30
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 23rd Aug
SL
20:00
Castleford-Warrington
SL
Leeds-Catalans
Sat 24th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Hull KR
SL
Salford-Huddersfield
Sun 25th Aug
SL
LondonB-Leigh
SL
Wigan-Hull FC
Fri 30th Aug
SL
Hull KR-Salford
SL
Leigh-Warrington
Sat 31st Aug
SL
Hull FC-Castleford
SL
Catalans-Wigan
Sun 1st Sep
SL
Huddersfield-St.Helens
Fri 9th Aug
SL 21 Huddersfield22-23Catalans
SL 21 Hull KR36-6Castleford
WSL2024 11 LeedsW28-8WiganW
CH 21 Wakefield42-6Sheffield
NRL 23 Gold Coast0-44Cronulla
NRL 23 Parramatta34-36Penrith
Thu 8th Aug
SL 21 St.Helens17-16Salford
NRL 23 Souths16-28Melbourne
Tue 6th Aug
SL 2 Wigan28-6Leigh
Sun 4th Aug
SL 20 LondonB12-10Catalans
WSL2024 10 FeatherstoneW6-68LeedsW
WSL2024 10 BarrowW6-64St.HelensW
WSL2024 10 Wire W0-61York V
WSL2024 10 WiganW70-0Hudds W
L1 18 Keighley72-12Newcastle
L1 18 Oldham32-0Midlands
L1 18 Rochdale46-32Cornwall
L1 18 Workington24-28Crusaders
CH 20 Barrow24-24Bradford
CH 20 Dewsbury16-42Wakefield
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 21 539 265 274 32
Wigan 20 523 264 259 32
Warrington 20 502 267 235 28
St.Helens 21 518 278 240 26
Catalans 21 399 308 91 26
Salford 21 393 399 -6 26

Leeds 20 371 364 7 20
Leigh 20 398 314 84 19
Huddersfield 21 372 476 -104 14
Castleford 21 342 559 -217 13
Hull FC 20 274 612 -338 6
LondonB 20 210 735 -525 4
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 19 668 228 440 36
Sheffield 19 516 345 171 26
Toulouse 17 516 224 292 25
Widnes 18 434 319 115 23
Bradford 18 421 321 100 22
Featherstone 18 464 375 89 18

Doncaster 18 338 432 -94 17
York 19 446 383 63 16
Batley 18 300 390 -90 16
Halifax 18 356 477 -121 14