JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Just reflecting on saints win last night and the differences in their squad vs ours.

We will have just 4 survivors from our 2018 Grand Final win at the start of next season (1 of those left and came back - bateman) plus Farrell, Powell and Leuleui. Saints on the other hand still have 9 players from the team that narrowly lost the semi to wire in the same year.

Compare our 2013 grand final win with the team that won in 2018 - and again only 4 survivors....a huge reason why we underachieved for the team we had built 2010 onwards, which should really have been a group which won 6/7 out of 10 grand finals like Leeds did..instead we only returned 4

We are generally turning over a full team every 4 years or so....meaning every two years is half a different team.
If we want to compete again we need to rebuild this squad and reduce the rate which we hemorrhage players

RankPostsTeam
International Star531No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50494_1274104673.jpg
[quote="wearethewire":3otazmtq]expect nothing, anything more is better[/quote:3otazmtq] [quote="Wires71":3otazmtq]And there is the Warrington motto in a nutshell. No wonder we were dog dirt for 20 years [/quote:3otazmtq] [quote="madoggy":3otazmtq]hope saints win it, if wigan dont win another league title for 100 years they would still have more than everyone :wink:[/quote:3otazmtq]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50494.jpg

Brilliant post, completely agree.
Wigan have done brilliantly the last decade and with Leeds are one of the 2 most successful teams in that period.
That said I am sure we can all agree that with a young squad the feeling walking away from the 2010 grand final was that we were going to dominate.
However we have done well but underachieved.

I think rads intention from what he said at the seminar was to build a successful era around our young forward which to me sounds sensible .

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29441
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10919.jpg

We’ve gone all in on developing our own young players now, so we’ve got to keep them and make sure we feel the benefit of their prime years and not an NRL side, Catalans or Warrington. The club can’t say we are close to the cap because we pay the youngsters a good wage and then lose them before they reach their best.

As an example if we look at a kid like Havard, he’s been up and down in his time in the first team but there is clearly a lot of talent there. We have given him a couple of years worth of experience and stuck with him through the ups and downs. Say he decides to play out next season and go to the NRL, what was the point?! We may as well have gone out and got an experienced prop, who Havard himself may end up being twice as good as but isn’t currently and if Havard is going to be twice the player but is playing In the NRL, we’ve gained very little.

I back the clubs commitment to the youngsters but they have to work out a way of keeping more players long term.

RankPostsTeam
International Star531No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50494_1274104673.jpg
[quote="wearethewire":3otazmtq]expect nothing, anything more is better[/quote:3otazmtq] [quote="Wires71":3otazmtq]And there is the Warrington motto in a nutshell. No wonder we were dog dirt for 20 years [/quote:3otazmtq] [quote="madoggy":3otazmtq]hope saints win it, if wigan dont win another league title for 100 years they would still have more than everyone :wink:[/quote:3otazmtq]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50494.jpg

All about the contracts then. Additional years in the clubs favour.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29441
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg

Not sure on the answer tbh. I appreciate we’ll always lose some but we shouldn’t be losing as many as we are IMO. Look at that Saints side last night, they can keep the majority of their club produced players, so it’s not an impossible task.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20349
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[b:3rwwi1cz][color=#800000:3rwwi1cz]WIGAN RLFC - SL ERA WORLD CLUB CHAMPIONS 2017 & 2024 SUPER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1998, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2018 & 2023 CHALLENGE CUP FINAL WINNERS 2002, 2011, 2013, 2022 & 2024 LEAGUE LEADERS CHAMPIONS 2010, 2012, 2020 & 2023 ACADEMY GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 & 2019 WOMEN’S GRAND FINAL WINNERS 2018 BEST SUPPORTED CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010, 2011 & 2012 CLUB OF THE YEAR 2010 & 2012 [/color:3rwwi1cz][/b:3rwwi1cz]:

Quote: NickyKiss "Look at that Saints side last night, they can keep the majority of their club produced players, so it’s not an impossible task.'"

Why is this? They've got away with losing significant numbers of homegrown youngsters season after season despite being successful. We've been less successful but still seeing this happen (with Gildart leaving).

So why is this happening to us and not them? Is it that NRL clubs can't see past our young players? I don't think it's this?

Is it the club being too soft to the point where we almost encourage our young players to leave us for shores new? Well it's been going on for years starting with Sam, then Sarginson....

Is it the fact that the first to leave of this new group was Mossop who has made a success out of it over there? Close mates with Gildart, Bateman, Williams I believe. They see the life he's having over in Sydney and they wanted the same? This seems the most likely scenario I think.

Will the exodus stop for a few seasons now, I'm thinking so cause we've been diluted that much there's not much left worthy of a chance over there these days.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach531
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: MattyB "Why is this? They've got away with losing significant numbers of homegrown youngsters season after season despite being successful. We've been less successful but still seeing this happen (with Gildart leaving).

So why is this happening to us and not them? Is it that NRL clubs can't see past our young players? I don't think it's this?

Is it the club being too soft to the point where we almost encourage our young players to leave us for shores new? Well it's been going on for years starting with Sam, then Sarginson....

Is it the fact that the first to leave of this new group was Mossop who has made a success out of it over there? Close mates with Gildart, Bateman, Williams I believe. They see the life he's having over in Sydney and they wanted the same? This seems the most likely scenario I think.

Will the exodus stop for a few seasons now, I'm thinking so cause we've been diluted that much there's not much left worthy of a chance over there these days.'"

it would be interesting to see why other clubs players arent going to the NRL. If you look at the last few years Wigan have lost several to NRL (and RU), Leeds for their period of success lost 1 or 2 that i can recall, but in the main kept the nucleus of the side together, Saints have lost 2 that i can think off (1 NRL and 1 RU) and Wire have had a couple i can think of.

On the other hand we seem to have a conveyor belt of players wanting to go over to Oz / RU to play, and we have even lost 1 player before he has made a 1st team appearance to the NRL

whilst you cant knock the players for wanting to test themselves in the best league in the world, and i would assume getting a better salary than playing at Wigan, you then start to question why it feels like we are the only club losing players on a regular basis. Are we really producing better players than all the other clubs? i would say that we have a fantastic setup as demonstrated with the academy success over the years, but the real success should be how many make regular 1st team players, as opposed to winning academy GF. Does this start with the club as players know they can sign a good long term contract with Wigan, but they know if the NRL comes knocking they will be allowed to leave (with the safety blanket of a return gig at Wigan)? is it purely down to management of contracts etc

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29441
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg

There are a few factors to it IMO and they do include the fact that Wigan is seen as a rugby league production factory across both codes and that comes from the success of the 80’s and 90’s and then the success of guys like Robinson, Edwards and Farrell in their varying Union roles and then from Down under I think they look at the Wigan academy and see the fact there is no money in the game here and it’s easy pickings.

In saying that though we have to stop being such an easy touch. At the various fans forums over the years Lenagan has spoken about NRL teams coming for our players as some sort of badge of honour. It really isn’t anymore and the George Williams situation should be a line in the sand for the strategy of letting them go because they’ll come back down the track. How you hold them I don’t know but it clearly can be done. Nobody can tell me Makinson, Percival and Walmsley where just easier to keep than guys like Burgess, Sarginson and Sutton. If we look at somebody like Jack Welsby, I hear no talk of the NRL. Why is that? I can guarantee if he was at Wigan we’d already be hearing talk that clubs down there had eyes on him. Have we just produced that environment of us being a stepping stone? I think we have tbh and that’s then tough to turn around.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11376
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2960.jpg
:2960.jpg

Maybe there is a cultural difference between the clubs which makes it easier to hold on to players at Saints? Probably my (impossible to set aside) bias, but rightly or wrongly I see the most recent incarnation of Saints as a club/side that place character and likelihood of contributing to ethic/culture as right at the top of the agenda (players and coaches). Maybe that creates an environment where players want to be and stay?

Amongst other considerations, Wigan haven't always appeared like that to me recently. As I say, I might be miles off.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player125No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: MattyB "
Quote: MattyB "Look at that Saints side last night, they can keep the majority of their club produced players, so it’s not an impossible task.'"

Why is this? They've got away with losing significant numbers of homegrown youngsters season after season despite being successful. We've been less successful but still seeing this happen (with Gildart leaving).

Will the exodus stop for a few seasons now, I'm thinking so cause we've been diluted that much there's not much left worthy of a chance over there these days.'"

IMO it’s a mix of issues as pointed out;
i) that NRL and other clubs seem to target our players more than other teams
ii) that we don't seem to have a culture like leeds and saints...where players see wigan as the top and are desperate for success here, rather than chasing it elsewhere
iii) but personally I think your point in bold is the big one…we have been much too much a soft touch on players leaving, and that drives point ii) above – as they see their colleagues going off to big deals in Aus, Catalans or Wire etc and chase it themselves.

Point iii. drives point ii. IMO which is why I’m glad we’ve played hardball with Hardaker (especially when the reasons are tenuous), and think we need to do more of that to keep players here.

BUT the big one for me the club should really look at is partnering with an NRL club and building it into contracts, rather than having players chase them and breach contracts mid-way though a contracted period at wigan.
This leads to the unsettled nature of our squad, high turnover and difficulties we have building momentum.

Say instead, we partnered with West Tigers (for argument sake).
- Every Big 5 year deal offered to our young star players could have a contractual release option for year 3, to play for Wests if the player and WT wish to take up. This would provide an extra year option (in the 4th year), to enhance the value of their 5 year deal.
- Players would have the opportunity of NRL with the security of an agreed contact at wigan to return to if it didn’t work out (ie/ George Williams), but the option of a 2nd year if it did (ie/ Sam Tomkins).
- THEN the player would return to wigan as a much better player (with terms already agreed for the 5th year…to stop the nonsense of greedy players being lured by wire/ catalans outbidding us with their elastic caps etc). If they wanted them upon their return they would need to pay the relevant fee.
- Alternatively, if the player is a huge success and wants to stay in Aus for the rest of their career (ie / Sam Burgess), the aussie club pay a fee at the end of year 4.
- This would lead to not only more players returning and not being lost to rivals, but also critically continue the connection and cultural link to the club…they are still wigan players etc.

Of course, there’s ways this could be exploited, but its better than the current situation of every aussie club plus our rivals taking the mick out of us…..you could almost make a combined wigan team of catalans and wire players who are much better than what we have left at the club….could you imagine saying that about leeds or saints!!
The important part of this option is it retains the wigan link and connections to the club, plus hopefully desire of returning…..gives players a safety net to try the NRL but return to wigan (like we’ve seen with so many it often doesn’t work out), stops every NRL club vulturing off us…if we do a partnership deal with one, its much more likely to be accepted by others that they don’t chase our players as wigan players go to wests etc, and is less likely to have their head turned by wire or catalan etc on their return. If they do, then we get a fee out of our rivals (which limits their ability to keep doing it), rather than off an NRL club which has no impact.

Such a deal could also see us take those players in exchange who have yet to make NRL grade….ie/ when Lachlan lam was 17/18, he could have done a year here to give him game time and get a break in the NRL. They could effectively ‘fill the position’ for us, until our player returned, and be part of the contract negotiation if the wigan player wanted to remain in the NRL (we agree it, but would take an option for another 1-2 years to delay the return of a top aussie player….similar to the hastings arrangement).

Got to be better than the current mess we have, and I struggle to see how this wouldn’t have a positive effect on turnover.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

There has been too much emphesis at Wigan in the last three seasons or so of players from the Academy and not enough on the signing of better top quallity experienced players from both within our own game and also from down under.

St Helens have got it right where the blending of Academy and outside experience players is concerned as shown by the comings and goings during the same period which has led in their regular success on the fiel

RankPostsTeam
International Star4469
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69704_1656949802.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69704.jpg

Quote: Ruddy Duck "There has been too much emphesis at Wigan in the last three seasons or so of players from the Academy and not enough on the signing of better top quallity experienced players from both within our own game and also from down under.

St Helens have got it right where the blending of Academy and outside experience players is concerned as shown by the comings and goings during the same period which has led in their regular success on the fiel'"

Blending academy players in is easy when you have a pretty much fully fit side and can literally drip feed them in.

Our problem has been that they have had far too many minutes in recent years. It works on one hand and doesn't on the other.

I still stand by my belief that our squad depth is better than anybody else in SL and the fact we managed to play all 25 games when we were missing 8,9,10 and even one week 13 players shows that. Was it three side this year that failed to raise a team? Not only did we raise a team, it went on to win the game more often that not.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach531
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: FearTheVee "Maybe there is a cultural difference between the clubs which makes it easier to hold on to players at Saints? Probably my (impossible to set aside) bias, but rightly or wrongly I see the most recent incarnation of Saints as a club/side that place character and likelihood of contributing to ethic/culture as right at the top of the agenda (players and coaches). Maybe that creates an environment where players want to be and stay?

Amongst other considerations, Wigan haven't always appeared like that to me recently. As I say, I might be miles off.'"

You could be right, but culture is a difficult thing to measure, unless you start doing the corporate thing and asking everyone do they like it here etc etc (sorry i work in an organisation where we get these twice a year icon_smile.gif ), and then that way you could compare how the staff feel playing for wigan v saints etc

however, there is something in your point and what i was sort of alluding to / trying to get to in my earlier post. When i look at Leeds and Saints, there doesnt seem to be a clamour to leave and play in Oz / RU. yes, both clubs have lost the odd player, but in the main have managed to retain a consistent squad / balanced squad with homegrown and planned overseas players (and i know you dont always get it right, but that applies to every club).

So what are Saints now & Leeds previously, doing differently to Wigan at this moment in time? We seem to have it year on year, where a player (s) want to test their hands in Oz. At the end of the day we all have the same salary cap to play with, so all clubs have the same challenges of balancing overseas and young player promotion etc.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13936
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30366_1604259384.jpg
[color=#000000:3fno8grb]Rugby Union: When entertainment just isn't your thing. [/color:3fno8grb]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_30366.jpg

This year we've lost Jackson Hastings and Oliver Gildart.
Last year Sean Oloughlin.
Year before George Williams
Year before that Sam Tomkins and John Bateman
Year before that Mike McIlorum and Joel Tomkins (albeit disciplinary)
Year before that lost Josh Charnley and Dan Sarginson
Year before that Joe Burgess and Scott Taylor

That is essentially your spine that has gone in Tomkins, Williams, McIlorum and Lockers + now a 36? Year old Leuluai who would be 37 if he goes round again. It is the heart beat of the team.

By comparison the only top talent Saints have lost in that time has been Luke Thompson.

Why do so many players seem to want to leave Wigan, but not St.Helens?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain71No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Smalls "Brilliant post, completely agree.
Wigan have done brilliantly the last decade and with Leeds are one of the 2 most successful teams in that period..'"

The decade has been and gone much faster than you might have thought……

In SuperLeague there’s now clear daylight between Saints and Leeds/Wigan over the last decade. The last 10 seasons (lifted straight off “a.n.other” forum…)

2012 LLS Wigan GF Champions Leeds

2013 LLS Huddersfield GF Champions Wigan

2014 LLS Saints GF Champions Saints

2015 LLS Leeds GF Champions Leeds

2016 LLS Wire GF Champions Wigan

2017 LLS Castleford GF Champions Leeds

2018 LLS Saints GF Champions Wigan

2019 LLS Saints GF Champions Saints

2020 LLS Wigan GF Champions Saints

2021 LLS Catalans GF Champions Saints

Sport is cyclical, but Leeds dominance wasn’t really in the last decade it was 2007-11, however their treble in 15 was a fantastic achievement.

The comp needs a strong Wigan and Leeds otherwise it’s a race to the bottom. I expect a resurgence in effort this season from Wigan but it’s a period of rebuilding and getting rid of the dead wood in my opinion.

48 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
48 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.92724609375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leeds
the-bearded-
6m
WHO IS NEXT
ArthurClues
11m
TV Games - Not Hull
WIZEB
17m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
The Yellow G
29m
Accountability
Gazzagiant2
38m
Planning for next season
Lower Crease
57m
Round 16 London Home
chapylad
59m
Batley next
Start@1873
Recent
Other Championship Clubs
REDWHITEANDB
Recent
Batley Bulldogs H
FIL
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Leeds
the-bearded-
39s
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
The Yellow G
48s
Other Championship Clubs
REDWHITEANDB
57s
This site is crap
tad rhino
59s
IMG scores
FIL
1m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
1m
TV games not Wire
karetaker
1m
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
1m
Planning for next season
Lower Crease
1m
email
orangeman
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Accountability
Gazzagiant2
TODAY
email
orangeman
TODAY
This site is crap
tad rhino
TODAY
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win Over the Broncos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
TODAY
Vegas Baby
Jason65
TODAY
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights game v Giants
karetaker
TODAY
Free parking
Philth
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Start@1873
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
chapylad
TODAY
Leeds
the-bearded-
TODAY
Injuries and available cover
walter wall
TODAY
Problems with this Site continued
karetaker
TODAY
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
nkpom
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Pyrah123
TODAY
Batley Bulldogs H
FIL
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 3,322 ↑5180,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
 FT
Hover 
Canterbury
13-12
NZ Warriors
 FT
Hover 
Wests
28-40
Melbourne
 FT
Hover 
NQL Cowboys
20-22
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
 FT 
LeedsW
6-16
St.HelensW
 FT 
FeatherstoneW
0-50
WiganW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
 FT 
Leeds
17-16
LondonB
       Championship 2024-R14
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
17:30
Hull KR
v
Catalans
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
05:00
Sydney
v
St.George
07:05
Canberra
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:00
Wire W
v
Hudds W
12:00
York V
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
14:00
Newcastle
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Midlands
15:00
Salford
v
Hull FC
       Championship 2024-R14
Dewsbury
v
Doncaster
Featherstone
v
Whitehaven
Swinton
v
Widnes
Wakefield
v
Batley
York
v
Barrow
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 6th Jul
SL
Hull KR-Catalans
SL
Leeds17-16LondonB
Sun 7th Jul
SL
Salford-Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
20:00
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 6th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL
LIVE
Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL
LIVE
NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL
LIVE
Leeds17-16LondonB
WSL2024
LIVE
LeedsW6-16St.HelensW
WSL2024
LIVE
FeatherstoneW0-50WiganW
Fri 5th Jul
NRL 18 Cronulla16-20Gold Coast
NRL 18 Brisbane6-14Penrith
SL 16 St.Helens6-8Castleford
SL 16 Warrington48-0Huddersfield
SL 16 Wigan24-6Leigh
CH 14 Sheffield28-0Halifax
Thu 4th Jul
NRL 18 Parramatta16-32Souths
Sun 30th Jun
CH 13 Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH 13 Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH 13 Halifax38-18Whitehaven
CH 13 Widnes16-24Batley
CH 13 York10-18Sheffield
L1 13 Cornwall10-16Crusaders
L1 13 Newcastle10-44Midlands
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Warrington 16 406 213 193 22
Hull KR 15 383 201 182 22
Salford 15 295 288 7 20
Catalans 15 288 220 68 18

Leeds 16 291 286 5 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 13 341 218 123 18
Toulouse 12 332 174 158 16
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10