JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cherry_Warrior "Yeah Hurrell's contract extension. Good of them to add another turnstile for the Derby match.'"

on a serious note, it will be interesting to see who Saints sign this off season

they've lost Makinson, Dodd and not renewed Matautia and Blake (god i bet the saints fans are glad he's gone - one of their worst ever signings i'd say), plus a couple of fringe/ squad lads gone

so i think they still have some quota space free, to bring in an overseas star or 2? but must also be looking at the props as Walmsley isnt getting any younger, and need a bit more depth there.

Their backline may look very different come the start of the season with the 2 Ozzies already signed Sailor / Feldt, so could that see Welsby playing 6 with Lomax, and Sailor at FB. Feldt to replace Makinson. So for me still weak on the other wing with Bennison / Ritson, plus another centre unless they stick with Hurrell for another season

RankPostsTeam
International Star3844
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60223_1310112970.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60223.jpg

Quote: Mark_P1973 "on a serious note, it will be interesting to see who Saints sign this off season

they've lost Makinson, Dodd and not renewed Matautia and Blake (god i bet the saints fans are glad he's gone - one of their worst ever signings i'd say), plus a couple of fringe/ squad lads gone

so i think they still have some quota space free, to bring in an overseas star or 2? but must also be looking at the props as Walmsley isnt getting any younger, and need a bit more depth there.

Their backline may look very different come the start of the season with the 2 Ozzies already signed Sailor / Feldt, so could that see Welsby playing 6 with Lomax, and Sailor at FB. Feldt to replace Makinson. So for me still weak on the other wing with Bennison / Ritson, plus another centre unless they stick with Hurrell for another season'"

We've signed Lewis Murphy to play on the other wing.

We will have 1 quota space free if we release Hurrell but none left if he stays on for another year, which is looking likely.

So if we replace Matautia it would have to be someone who isn't non-fed trained.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player1201
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mark_P1973 "on a serious note, it will be interesting to see who Saints sign this off season

Their backline may look very different come the start of the season with the 2 Ozzies already signed Sailor / Feldt, so could that see Welsby playing 6 with Lomax, and Sailor at FB. Feldt to replace Makinson. So for me still weak on the other wing with Bennison / Ritson, plus another centre unless they stick with Hurrell for another season'"

Lewis Murphy has been signed for the other wing. If he stays injury free he'll go well.

We are in desparate need for a centre and I agree with you, we need at least 1 if not 2 props. Its going to be interesting to see if we do sign a centre. Last season we only signed Blake in the January which apart from him being god awful also meant he missed most of pre-season and arrived unfit.

I'm at least happy with the two Assistants. Its a proper shake up with them having no affiliation to the club (Briers obviously played as a kid but that was a long time ago)

It seems that O Carroll is highly rated as a coach so it does seem as though we are willing to embrace new ideas next season.

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player124
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Yellow Giraffe "We've signed Lewis Murphy to play on the other wing.

We will have 1 quota space free if we release Hurrell but none left if he stays on for another year, which is looking likely.

So if we replace Matautia it would have to be someone who isn't non-fed trained.'"

i'd seen you were rumoured with Murphy, but had missed you'd signed him. Certainly strengthens the other wing position

Do you think Robertson, Vaughan and Stephens will get more game time too this year? If they do, it will certainly help their development if your 1st team stays relatively fit, and they arent playing in a patched up side

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player124
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Stu M "Lewis Murphy has been signed for the other wing. If he stays injury free he'll go well.

We are in desparate need for a centre and I agree with you, we need at least 1 if not 2 props. Its going to be interesting to see if we do sign a centre. Last season we only signed Blake in the January which apart from him being god awful also meant he missed most of pre-season and arrived unfit.

I'm at least happy with the two Assistants. Its a proper shake up with them having no affiliation to the club (Briers obviously played as a kid but that was a long time ago)

It seems that O Carroll is highly rated as a coach so it does seem as though we are willing to embrace new ideas next season.'"

Agree re Briers, it was very noticeable his influence in his short time at Wigan, and his time in Oz will only have helped is development as a coach

O Carroll has gone under the radar with me but i think the noises of disappointment that have come out of Bradford in the last week or so are telling, so looks like another promising signing as assistant coach

re props i'd posted on the Leeds forum a few weeks back as they were rumoured to be interested in Liam Byrne. I'd said at the time, with Leeds and yourselves potentially looking for props, it would be interesting to see who either of you signed, and it the market would become slightly inflated. I know we laughed at ourselves last year signing a prop / week, but its proven to have been good business this year and enabled us to maintain intensity for the full 80 minutes

2995 posts in 201 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
2995 posts in 201 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

38.21533203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
IMG scores
PopTart
4m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Theeaststand
7m