FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Wigan Warriors > Sam selected for Barbarians?
643 posts in 44 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3525No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7007.jpg
[quote="Badwanger":3hoggrzp]IMO, Sculthorpe at his peak was better than Hanley was at his.[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="nickmanator":3hoggrzp]billy boston in todays game might pinch a spot bringin the cone on and that bein kind[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="robbierotten":3hoggrzp]Imo Sam Tomkins is a very poor mans Danny Brough he is just a average player getting bigged up by the idiots who comentate on sky.[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="Deano G":3hoggrzp]Jonathan Davies, who is his equal in [Super League] today?[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="Badwanger":3hoggrzp]Wellens[/quote:3hoggrzp]:7007.jpg

Let's be clear about this: I am very unhappy about Sam playing for the Barbarians, it isn't good for RL or the Wigan club, but the intervention from the Wakefield fan certainly has put things in perspective.

Wakefield to my mind now personify pretty much everything that is wrong with professional RL. The lack of investment and lack of ambition shown by them and others in SL is what ultimately will be the undoing of our sport as a professional game, not RU.

If RL continues the downward spiral on on player pay in real terms (by keeping the SC at the same figure) then RU will be the least of our worries, in 20 years time RL as a professional sport in Britain will not exist in the form it does today. It will be more like the French domestic RL championship.

Sadly I think that dismal future actually appeals to some of the "level playing field" nutters at the smaller clubs.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2797No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39978_1327618193.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39978.jpg

Sam is the only RL player to receive any votes for this years SPOTY awards, he got 3 votes but didnt make the shortlist. 3 golfers, 2 cricketers, 2 from athletics, a cyclist, a boxer and a tennis player make-up the 10 man shortlist.

news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_ ... 920702.stm

news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_ ... 895642.stm
Sam is the only RL player to receive any votes for this years SPOTY awards, he got 3 votes but didnt make the shortlist. 3 golfers, 2 cricketers, 2 from athletics, a cyclist, a boxer and a tennis player make-up the 10 man shortlist.

news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_ ... 920702.stm

news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/sports_ ... 895642.stm

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1466No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013Jun 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40493_1265331809.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40493.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "You're obviously well informed regarding our ground, i'm sorry that no effort has been made towards either improving our ground or indeed moving to a new stadium.
Over on the poor side of the pennines, we are all very humble and equally grateful to our "masters" over the other side.
We of course shouldn't be in SL because you deem us unworthy.
I had previously understood that we remained in SL "on merit" and although I dont deny that, but for the Crusaders demise we perhaps wouldn't be, we are still here fighting our corner and we will be somewhat stronger next seson. We may even have had the nod on a new ground, which would have been well on the way, but for some local government hassles.
Although you are slightly arrogant and a little dismissive towards other clubs, a league for one team has yet to be invented.
You could always speed up the transfer to union and join tha Rah Rah's.'"

I dont undertand why there is so much "hassle" for you to develop your ground? I support a football team called Crewe in League 2 of the football league. They overhauled one of their stands a few years back and it took them only 12 months from idea to completion! I realise that is only one stand but why can such a low down football team manage to do that but a supposedly top tier RL side be incapable? I agree completely with the sentiments that you are holding back SL. I actually tried to stick up for you on your own board last year and wished you all the best in attempting to get your new stadium off the ground and was attacked with a load of self righteous bile just because I was a Wigan fan tbh it was to the level which makes Leeds fans look humble and it wasn't by 1 it was by multiple fans. I no longer have time for your team holding back our League and would rather see the league drop to 10 teams and expand slowly over 10-20 years than see you, and to some small extent but nowhere near the level of you at the minute, castleford hold us back for the next 3 years.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3525No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7007.jpg
[quote="Badwanger":3hoggrzp]IMO, Sculthorpe at his peak was better than Hanley was at his.[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="nickmanator":3hoggrzp]billy boston in todays game might pinch a spot bringin the cone on and that bein kind[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="robbierotten":3hoggrzp]Imo Sam Tomkins is a very poor mans Danny Brough he is just a average player getting bigged up by the idiots who comentate on sky.[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="Deano G":3hoggrzp]Jonathan Davies, who is his equal in [Super League] today?[/quote:3hoggrzp] [quote="Badwanger":3hoggrzp]Wellens[/quote:3hoggrzp]:7007.jpg

Quote: WARRIORCRAIG "Sam is the only RL player to receive any votes for this years SPOTY awards, he got 3 votes but didnt make the shortlist. 3 golfers, 2 cricketers, 2 from athletics, a cyclist, a boxer and a tennis player make-up the 10 man shortlist.

icon_confused.gif:

I thought Rangi Chase was supposed to be the star of SL this year... icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star17938
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp006.gif
:simpsons/simp006.gif

Quote: hula89 "I dont undertand why there is so much "hassle" for you to develop your ground? I support a football team called Crewe in League 2 of the football league. They overhauled one of their stands a few years back and it took them only 12 months from idea to completion! I realise that is only one stand but why can such a low down football team manage to do that but a supposedly top tier RL side be incapable? I agree completely with the sentiments that you are holding back SL. I actually tried to stick up for you on your own board last year and wished you all the best in attempting to get your new stadium off the ground and was attacked with a load of self righteous bile just because I was a Wigan fan tbh it was to the level which makes Leeds fans look humble and it wasn't by 1 it was by multiple fans. I no longer have time for your team holding back our League and would rather see the league drop to 10 teams and expand slowly over 10-20 years than see you, and to some small extent but nowhere near the level of you at the minute, castleford hold us back for the next 3 years.'"

The sport is run democratically by the RFL with member clubs each receiving votes on how the game is governed.
Even our humble little club doesn't agree with everything, however, we abide by the decisions that are made by the majority.
10 clubs in the league, would mean playing each other 3 times, plus cup matches and play off games, I know that this happens to some extent with the magic weekend, but there is a limit to just how many times that clubs wish to play each other.
As stated in previous posts, I have no issue with your club, but it seems that anyone that doesnt share your opinion isn't entitled to an opinion ??
Therefore, I will bid you farewell and leave you to your collective back slapping and bullying icon_wave.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3525No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7007.jpg

Quote: wrencat1873 "The sport is run democratically by the RFL with member clubs each receiving votes on how the game is governed.
Even our humble little club doesn't agree with everything, however, we abide by the decisions that are made by the majority.
10 clubs in the league, would mean playing each other 3 times, plus cup matches and play off games, I know that this happens to some extent with the magic weekend, but there is a limit to just how many times that clubs wish to play each other.
As stated in previous posts, I have no issue with your club, but it seems that anyone that doesnt share your opinion isn't entitled to an opinion ??
Therefore, I will bid you farewell and leave you to your collective back slapping and bullying
Goodbye! icon_wave.gif

643 posts in 44 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
643 posts in 44 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.22705078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Saints h
CM Punk
3m
Round 17 Warrington Away
ploinerrhino
3m