JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2010Sep 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Richards Vs Foster - The only way the ball should go is up up up.

If we can control Cuntingham, Graham, Roby interchanges, well be fine. The sheer mobility of our 3/4 line will be too much for Saints. Wouldnt be surprised if they came out to turn it into a forward slogging match which id be fine with, Fielden for HS Trophy.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2513No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50582_1268771718.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50582.jpg

Quote: Tartan Saint "I love the damsel in distress routine. You have now completely changed your argument as you simply have nothing to back it up with. When I state 'meaningless' it needs to be placed in context. Yes it is for the 2 points in the league but I think we all know that in knock out games, the best sides do raise their game, Leeds in particular. I never once stated they were 'non-competitive' and nor that Leeds would have won the knock out game either. My point is a very valid one and any sensible individual can see that. Leeds raise for big games and McGuire and Peacock are both huge parts of that. No way would they have [idefinitely[/i beaten Wigan with those two but they would certainly have stood a better chance.

Evidence to back up what assertion, that Leeds would have had a better chance of defeating Wigan had McGuire and Peacock not been injured. Honestly here Cruncher, I'd say that its pretty much common sense. I have watched Saints beat Leeds consistently in the league rounds and in qualifying Play Offs and I have then watched the same Leeds side beat us when it counts. Its pretty straight forward and I fail to see why you wish to make a big issue out of it.'"

Amos Roberts was the best player in the league before he got injured, if we had him playing at full fitness we could of won by more. Its all hypothetical though just like your point. We beat Leeds when it mattered and now we are in the final. You can say all the ifs and buts in the world but when it comes down to it its the result matters and nothing else.

RankPostsTeam
International Star366No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="Headingley Rhino"]Great win yesterday at our place, there is no denying you are probably the best team in SL as you have proved it all year so I think it's justice done that you have got to Old Trafford. I thought wigan was excellent in the second half and showed why you guys are top dogs this year.:

Quote: Tartan Saint "I love the damsel in distress routine. You have now completely changed your argument as you simply have nothing to back it up with. When I state 'meaningless' it needs to be placed in context. Yes it is for the 2 points in the league but I think we all know that in knock out games, the best sides do raise their game, Leeds in particular. I never once stated they were 'non-competitive' and nor that Leeds would have won the knock out game either. My point is a very valid one and any sensible individual can see that. Leeds raise for big games and McGuire and Peacock are both huge parts of that. No way would they have [idefinitely[/i beaten Wigan with those two but they would certainly have stood a better chance.

Evidence to back up what assertion, that Leeds would have had a better chance of defeating Wigan had McGuire and Peacock not been injured. Honestly here Cruncher, I'd say that its pretty much common sense. I have watched Saints beat Leeds consistently in the league rounds and in qualifying Play Offs and I have then watched the same Leeds side beat us when it counts. Its pretty straight forward and I fail to see why you wish to make a big issue out of it.'"

thing is you can only beat whats in front of you
whos to say if peacock and mcguir had been playin our lads wouldnt of picked it up even more you cant just guess possible outcomes
as first said you can only beat whats in front of you

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15233No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Tartan Saint "I love the damsel in distress routine. .'"

Can't you do better than that?

Presumably this is supposed to provoke me in some way. Not quite sure how or why, but similar silliness from Leeds fans didn't work last week, and it won't from you this week.

Quote: Tartan Saint "
You have now completely changed your argument as you simply have nothing to back it up with. When I state 'meaningless' it needs to be placed in context. Yes it is for the 2 points in the league but I think we all know that in knock out games, the best sides do raise their game, Leeds in particular. I never once stated they were 'non-competitive' and nor that Leeds would have won the knock out game either. My point is a very valid one and any sensible individual can see that. Leeds raise for big games and McGuire and Peacock are both huge parts of that. No way would they have [idefinitely[/i beaten Wigan with those two but they would certainly have stood a better chance.

Spin it any way you want. The fact remains that you dismissed Wigan's two league victories over Leeds as meaningless, preferrring to talk about the play-off victory, because that's the oen in which McGuire and Peacock were not playing. In other words, that's the one thats suits your argument.

And common sense, or not, you haven't got a crystal ball, mate ... so you don't know whether it would have made any difference if McGuire and Peacock were playing, any more than you know whether it would have made any difference had we fielded Amos Roberts in the sort of form he showed early season. It's all a bit pointless.

But hey ... just so that I can't be accused of making a big deal out of it, I'll let it drop there. I've made my point, and you've made yours. I'm right, and I'm content with that knowledge. So the conversation's over.

RankPostsTeam
International Star50No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2010Oct 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cruncher "Can't you do better than that?

Presumably this is supposed to provoke me in some way. Not quite sure how or why, but similar silliness from Leeds fans didn't work last week, and it won't from you this week.'"

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You seem to have taken some issue with a point I have made and I have no idea why.

Quote: Cruncher "Spin it any way you want. The fact remains that you dismissed Wigan's two league victories over Leeds as meaningless, preferrring to talk about the play-off victory, because that's the oen in which McGuire and Peacock were not playing. In other words, that's the one thats suits your argument.

And common sense, or not, you haven't got a crystal ball, mate ... so you don't know whether it would have made any difference if McGuire and Peacock were playing, any more than you know whether it would have made any difference had we fielded Amos Roberts in the sort of form he showed early season. It's all a bit pointless.

But hey ... just so that I can't be accused of making a big deal out of it, I'll let it drop there. I've made my point, and you've made yours. I'm right, and I'm content with that knowledge. So the conversation's over.'"

I have spoken very little about the Play Off game between Leeds and Wigan. I have also clearly stated that had McGuire and Peacock played then that in no way would have guaranteed a Leeds victory. I also find it absurdly arrogant and rude of you to state that your opinion is 'right'. Opinions are precisely as they are, opinions. Why you seem to have taken an issue with a simple point on a website is anybodies guess. I agree that this conversation is going nowhere and frankly I would rather not debate with such immaturity so I will no longer respond.

Good luck for Saturday.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16963No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44308_1279480467.gif
Mugwump mocking mental illness for a second time - "You are mentally ill and I can't indulge your madness any more" Utter disgusting abusive remark from a keyboard warrior:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44308.gif

Quote: post "How would you go about beating Saints if you were coach?

What are their strengths to watch out for and weaknesses to take advantage of?

For me they are pi55 poor in the backs, all their tries are either from forwards barging over the line from a few yards out or switches or inside balls to Wellens and Roby. We need to be on the ball in the middle of the park in defence becasue Puletua and Graham are both good ball players.

I think if we concentrate our attack to Foster/Eastmond/Smith and kick it to Meli/Foster I think we will get mistakes from them, for me Sam has to do the majority of the kicking or let Deacon do it, Leuluai is nowhere near good enough at kicking and in a GF we need to have a good kicking game.

When defending the markers will need to work overtime stopping Cunningham from running those 3/4 yards out of dummy half before he passes it stopping their momentum and when on our line our markers need to be ready for KFC barging over the line, same with Roby.'"

Do you not think having both our halfbacks out for most of the last 6 weeks has anything to do with us only scoring a yard out?

We are missing our halfbacks which means we just grind out wins and have to take our chances when we get on your try line, it's a case of win by playing to our strngth.

If i was to coach against saints, i'd kick and pin us down in our own half as we ain't got the players to score from in our half. I'd tell my players not give any pens away so we can't piggy back down the field from cheap pens.

Also, you have to target meli. If he's on the wing kick to him, if he's in the centre then attack his side.

Watch roby running from acting half.

In the main i think if you kick and pin us in our own half, you will win pretty easy imo.

82 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps
82 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, DaveO , Wigan6/Leeds1 Andy , Bilko , Pemps

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.583984375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Hudds
BigTime
4m
Hull live/Tomlinson
The Dentist
16m