JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: gardener "An elaspsed season ticket holder who did not go to the game as working i just searched London Broncos yesterday on twitter yesterday just to see what it was like on social media.
One person on twitter who was a developer at Google in London said he enjoyed his first game even though he had no idea of the rules.Like others have said surely even an eight page handout with squad profiles and rules would have been ideal for the first game.It could even have included a discount voucher for the next game.At the next game do it again including a discount voucher and continue for the season.'"

In a hand out they could of included the ref's signals to show the new fans why scrums or penalties are awarded. They always had a ref's page in the previous programs.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5100
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1428_1727693289.png
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae-HziERgfk:p2kbb0c5]Gus Mackay we salute you!![/url:p2kbb0c5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1428.png

Quote: Smithers99 "I still agree that financially it's a stretch, but I don't think the per match costs are quite as bad as being suggested. Put it this way, if they were then it is a guaranteed loss per match and even from what I've learnt about the Broncos, I don't think they'd get that so badly wrong. '"
You might be giving Broncos management too much credit here. I suspect a guaranteed loss per match has been the norm.

RfE
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1012
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20187 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76569_1517914522.png
Rise like Lions after slumber In unvanquishable number-- Shake your chains to earth like dew Which in sleep had fallen on you-- Ye are many -- they are few.' Percy Bysshe Shelley - 'The Mask of Anarchy' ' ITS OVER' - Roy Orbison:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76569.png

Quote: wantawin "In a hand out they could of included the ref's signals to show the new fans why scrums or penalties are awarded. They always had a ref's page in the previous programs.'"

They could have left a copy in the ref's dressing room, he looked like he needed it at times.......

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player316No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jbuzza "You might be giving Broncos management too much credit here. I suspect a guaranteed loss per match has been the norm.'"

Ha Ha. From what I read in the last few months, perhaps I'm being a little generous!

I was partly referring to this generally held view that I don't believe to be correct.

"The club need a 750 average paying the full £22.00 a game to pay just the rent at Plough Lane."

750 spectators paying top price does indeed cover a 200K/13. Of course not everybody will pay top price even with zero offers due to concessions, children, memberships, away fans cheaper seating etc. Certainly sub £20.

So yes we can roughly calculate ticket sales revenue, but I'm very dubious with the belief that 750 is the break even to directly cover the rent. I think the rent figure assumes 2,000 spectators. And probably it's a percentage of ticket revenue so yesterday won't require a circa 15K rent charge.

That was why I'm interested what the Broncos themselves stated about the rent because I'm pretty certain it's not a flat 200K for 13 matches.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player316No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: wantawin "In a hand out they could of included the ref's signals to show the new fans why scrums or penalties are awarded. They always had a ref's page in the previous programs.'"

Absolutely. I thought I'd easily count the number of tackles, but I was losing count (concentration really as I looked elsewhere such as trying to work out where players were lining up). Then remembered that the referee will signal the fifth tackle which mitigated me expecting a kick when there was no need yet. But that's based on a small exposure to the sport over the years. For many they wouldn't have had a clue to the real reason for a kick, and of course you don't have to kick after the fifth tackle nor do you have to wait until then too kick.

If you could only tell a new spectator one thing, I'd mention the tackle rule and the associated referees signal. Gives the first basic insight to what is happening out on the pitch.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain48No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Here is where the 200K figure came from: https://thedonstrust.org/files/London-B ... ion-QA.pdf

As you can see from this....

'The deal would be worth between £200,000 and £500,000 per year - a
wide variance largely depending on whether the London Broncos play in
the Championship or the Super League. They are currently in the
Championship but ambitiously seeking to return to the Super League. This
figure will be made up from guaranteed ground rental fees as well
as additional commission on matchday income such as tickets and
beverages'

....the 200K figure represents the potential value to Wimbledon of the groundshare. We do not in fact know the guaranteed rent.
Here is where the 200K figure came from: https://thedonstrust.org/files/London-B ... ion-QA.pdf

As you can see from this....

'The deal would be worth between £200,000 and £500,000 per year - a
wide variance largely depending on whether the London Broncos play in
the Championship or the Super League. They are currently in the
Championship but ambitiously seeking to return to the Super League. This
figure will be made up from guaranteed ground rental fees as well
as additional commission on matchday income such as tickets and
beverages'

....the 200K figure represents the potential value to Wimbledon of the groundshare. We do not in fact know the guaranteed rent.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player316No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mash Tun "Here is where the 200K figure came from:
Thanks Mush Tun. Do we think that is the only source of the figures rather than something in addition from the Broncos directly? There are two key attendance figures that are associated with the Broncos, 2,000 and 5,000. Which I suggest directly equates to those two rent levels.

It could have been better written because the 200K is not guaranteed. Rather it's an expected minimum related to expected attendances. I'm making an assumption that 2,000 is the minimum expected attendance, based on some other expectations rather than just a random number.

I'd assume there is indeed a minimum rent, Broncos won't get the ground for a couple of pounds if one man and his dog attended. In the event of a lockdown I think Broncos would play elsewhere due to that minimum clause.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain48No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Smithers99 "Thanks Mush Tun. Do we think that is the only source of the figures rather than something in addition from the Broncos directly? There are two key attendance figures that are associated with the Broncos, 2,000 and 5,000. Which I suggest directly equates to those two rent levels.

It could have been better written because the 200K is not guaranteed. Rather it's an expected minimum related to expected attendances. I'm making an assumption that 2,000 is the minimum expected attendance, based on some other expectations rather than just a random number.

I'd assume there is indeed a minimum rent, Broncos won't get the ground for a couple of pounds if one man and his dog attended. In the event of a lockdown I think Broncos would play elsewhere due to that minimum clause.'"

That's the only source.

The £200,0000 figure is not guaranteed, correct, but there is a break clause in the groundshare agreement.

I think you might be right to assume the £200-500K figures correlate to 2000 and 5000 crowd figures, as 5000 is the Broncos' stated target within three years.

But the claim made on this thread that the Broncos are paying £200,000 rent is clearly erroneous. It's a revenue-share model - the higher the ticket/food/drink sales, the more Broncos pay on top of the undisclosed minimum rent - and vice versa.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1689No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
78489_1618348897.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_78489.png

Has anyone asked doddery Dave where the magical 5,000 fan figure came from? curtain.gif Its ringing bells.....
In terms of the rent.....the figure quoted says between 200k and 500k.....if I was asking what something costs and was told that, is assuredly know that 200k was the cheapest option. For that reason, I'll take 15 grand from 750 fans as being enough to pay the rent to the dons, with doddery propping up the clubs other grounds, wages, expences etc ....

Wimbledon is a vanity project. It's like the thousands who live below the poverty line in the UK but who can afford to drink, smoke and 2atch sky on their smart TV's a026.gif

Ealing as a part time club, Wimbledon as a SL club, but not some hybrid efo trip from our clueless owner

RankPostsTeam
International Star1025No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Went over to the club twitter to see if there were any highlights etc.......found myself blocked!!! Guess the few home truths I posted hit a nerve.

Ironic thing is, I was going to head over to the next home game. End my self imposed exile and have a nose of the new ground. Well they can go whistle now.
I'm not even bothering checking the scores now. Club dead to me.

Enjoy chaps

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1689No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
78489_1618348897.png

Quote: Honkytonk "Went over to the club twitter to see if there were any highlights etc.......found myself blocked!!! Guess the few home truths I posted hit a nerve.

Ironic thing is, I was going to head over to the next home game. End my self imposed exile and have a nose of the new ground. Well they can go whistle now.

Enjoy chaps'"

In a nutshell........the above post sums up the rewards being reaped after 15 years stewardship from an enthusiastic amateur.

Harlequins Rugby League 2007 is what he inherited. 4,500 fans in a purpose built Rugby Stadium, with office space for £225,000 year and a top tier place.
London Broncos 2022. 750 fans rattling around a soccer stadium with no office space for £200,000 a year and in a semi-pro comp.

Shame on him, shame on the RFL and shame on lenagan.......

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1428_1727693289.png
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae-HziERgfk:p2kbb0c5]Gus Mackay we salute you!![/url:p2kbb0c5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1428.png

Quote: Honkytonk "Went over to the club twitter to see if there were any highlights etc.......found myself blocked!!! Guess the few home truths I posted hit a nerve.

Enjoy chaps'"

Me too, I will not attend while blocked. If they want to be petty, I can do it too.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1428_1727693289.png

Quote: orangeman "Shame on him, shame on the RFL and shame on lenagan.......'"

Not Lenegan's fault. He got the chance to own his home town club. Hughes has to take the blame for the demise.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player1689No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20214 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
78489_1618348897.png

Quote: jbuzza "Not Lenegan's fault. He got the chance to own his home town club. Hughes has to take the blame for the demise.'"

I'm not defending Hughes, but all three should have sought a better solution. As usual, small minded clubs blocked lenegan from remaining in an attempt to cover their own s....15 years on and some of those clubs are still blocking progress whilst playing in slums.
That said. Nobody will buy London Broncos from Hughes. If I had a the money, I'd buy skolars and pat Hughes on the head as we overtook the broncos in all aspects inside 5 years.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player316No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: orangeman "In a nutshell........the above post sums up the rewards being reaped after 15 years stewardship from an enthusiastic amateur.

Harlequins Rugby League 2007 is what he inherited. 4,500 fans in a purpose built Rugby Stadium, with office space for £225,000 year and a top tier place.
London Broncos 2022. 750 fans rattling around a soccer stadium with no office space for £200,000 a year and in a semi-pro comp.

Shame on him, shame on the RFL and shame on lenagan.......'"

You keep quoting the figures you want rather than trying to find out what is actually correct. You did it with Portsmouth and again here. Your assuming 750 fans, your assuming it is 200K and your assuming no office space.

I haven't got a clue how many AFC Wimbledon fans attended and I was there. Where to you get 500 from? You also assumed everyone of them was paying a pound which I GUARANTEE wasn't true.

The rent is based on attendances and was based on what the Broncos were getting. As you appear to have the figures, what was the average attendances in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021? It's very relevant to the rent charge. I think I have a good idea, but I don't have a reliable source for that.

No permanent office space is correct, but what about occasional desk space? Not quite the same of course, but not everything is necessarily black and white.

As you are aware AFC Wimbledon is a fans owned club and as such requires majority (or greater) voting on key decisions by Dons Trust Members. Accepting the ground share with the Broncos went to a vote. Effectively you have a CEO responsible for running the club, but he is reliant on fans making logical decisions. AFC Wimbledon forums aren't dissimilar to this forum, both will have fans voting against anything. As a result some of the information shared by the club can have a spin. In the same way you choose to paint the worst financial picture for the Broncos and AFC Wimbledon, the AFC Wimbledon CEO is trying to paint a positive picture. For example, he doesn't want the ground share voted out just because fans don't want Broncos branding at their ground.

There was an SGM held in which the vote was made. What was said made it blatantly clear there wasn't a guaranteed 200K. It was dependent on crowds. Two people at that SGM (board level) both referred to the Rugby League season starting at the end of March by the way, implying only a month of a shared pitch pre-summer. Nothing I heard was a blatant lie by the way, including the start date (April start anyone?)

As Mash Tun mentioned, there is a breakpoint. It wasn't shared out of respect to the Broncos but was said to be perfectly reasonable, which suggests too me that will be after two (or one) years.

You appear to be a good ideas man, have some excellent knowledge, but I'm having trouble with the figures you draw into arguments using some very poor sources. I don't claim to have great sources, but I those I have are more accurate.

I'm not suggesting the strategy will work and suspect the marketing budget was badly spent. A week ago I couldn't see anyway the venture would succeed. But looking a bit closer at the numbers there is a chance. What they tell me is that offers can still be made to get fans in (I don't mean £1) especially if the club can maximise the secondary spend.

The Fans Zone offers that. As mentioned get permission for live music, with the beer flowing, food grilling and children's activities running into the summer evenings. Full price ticket with a free beer included for example. Buy one or two more in the sun (hopefully!) and you've probably repaid the discount and covered the beer at cost.

Are they showing signs of being able to do that? Initial thoughts are no, but the key is to improve. The football club have made ongoing changes to improve customer experience, which basically means more income. The Broncos need to build the foundations this year. They appear to have an owner who will initially cover the losses. It was obvious to me (before I saw the first match) that the quality in the squad will need to be improved to give any chance of long term stability. That improvement needs to be made gradually this season and continue next. With my limited experience the second half on Sunday was way better, so there has already been improvement albeit from a position they were never good enough to have a sniff of winning. Some key missing players will help when they return, and I'm guessing maybe one or two future signings if the crowd levels support it.

What I can't comment on is the overall costs to the Broncos. Match day staff, training grounds, player costs etc. I'd assume though that the latter has reduced significantly due to becoming part time. If I'm correct that the Broncos retain the majority of the ticket price, there is a good income per individual spectator. I assume Ealing had rent costs, presumably much smaller, but far greater player costs. Assuming the AFC Wimbledon model is based on ticket revenue, there will be a break point at which the Broncos run as a going concern (or at the same losses per season as at Ealing if income did not exceed expenditure). The key is to hit those numbers, and I accept there MAY be serious flaws in the organisation meaning that won't be achieved. But as an outsider it doesn't appear impossible.

120 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
120 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.4091796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
christopher
23m
Questions for Ste Mills
Wollo-Wollo-
31m
Grand final Tickets
Big Steve
32m
Season tickets
Hudd-Shay
37m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
39m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
40m
TV Games - Not Hull
ComeOnYouUll
40m
Film game
Boss Hog
49m
Leigh it is
WWste
60m
Recruitment rumours and links
Smiffy27
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
23s
TV games not Wire
Cherry_Warri
31s
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
37s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
46s
Leigh it is
WWste
1m
Championship Awards
FIL
1m
Rumours thread
PopTart
1m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
leedsbarmyar
1m
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
1m
SL CHAT THREAD OTHER TEAMS GAMES
Jack Burton
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
Big Steve
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Hudd-Shay
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,386 80,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22