JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45332.png
www.combatstress.org.uk - "They fight ours wars. We fight their battles":45332.png

[sizeIF[/size we are up creek without a home as "predicted" by some why have we continued with signing players???

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1382
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB24.gif
Life is pretty simple: You do stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works.:cartoons/WB24.gif

Quote: The Lambeth Bronco "[sizeIF[/size we are up poop creek without a home as "predicted" by some why have we continued with signing players???'"

Heretic

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: The Lambeth Bronco "[sizeIF[/size we are up poop creek without a home as "predicted" by some why have we continued with signing players???'"

........because we expect to be at the hive in 2015. Question is, why did we move from paying rent in south west London to paying rent in north west London? Was it simply to jettison 66% of our fans?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4958No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1649_1338292262.jpg
I have followed the LONDON CLUB since I was in my teensl even though born in St Helens and still live nearby and went to the first game at Fulham, also Big West Ham Supporter:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1649.jpg

Who started this thread back in June? - was it fact or Fiction? icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Ffs we left because we left, there is nothing that any of us can do about it, what is the point in harping on why did we do this why did we do that, it's done get over it.
question still there tho, why are we gonna be homeless in 2015, you stated it was gonna happen gutters

RankPostsTeam
International Star256No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

....... its going to look a bit awkward with London looking like a very good side for next year without a home....... providing the rumours (and lets face it they are just rumours) are true, which I doubt.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6035No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11371.gif
:11371.gif

Lots of positivity coming out of the club, and Id love to throw my support behind the club properly again like I did for the 10 years before this, but until I get a confirmation of a long term stadium deal I won't do it.

I don't mind us failing, or going bust again, as long as someone is trying to stop it happening and planning for us long term.

I'm not blindly following a club that stumbles from one stadium deal to another every couple of years with no basic plan in future.

And whatever anyone says we still don't have a long term stadium deal.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach451No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Happiness is like peeing in your pants. Everyone else can see it but only you can feel the warmth!:

There was a time that I felt so proud about this side. 2006 when we were rebranded quins rl, and had a home. That felt like a brand new dawn and felt tangable, the club wanted to achieve something.

From my view the move to the hive did not have that feeling, in fact it smacked of desperation. We have burnt our bridges with quins, they will never have us back, and that is a real shame.

At least esher might have us!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach451No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Happiness is like peeing in your pants. Everyone else can see it but only you can feel the warmth!:

And additionally for gutters, take a look on google for a certain cricket administrator who is now the EX CEO at my home town football club exeter city. As you are one for stats I think you might find an alarming stat that binds broncos and exeter perfectly. Cricket, its not cricket!!

RankPostsTeam
International Star1512No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66844_1330776218.jpg
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HxV65bn0Zw/url:20fxvvo4]Selco, answer our prayers![/url:20fxvvo4] David Hughes - The Gerald Ratner of Rugby League? Discuss. Or not as the case may be.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66844.jpg

Quote: someonehasmyname "We have burnt our bridges with quins, they will never have us back, and that is a real shame.

'"

Without full merger the Quins hook up was doomed to failure.

They were always the wrong RU club to get in bed with.

Much as it pains me to say it Saracens (with their history of razzmatazz & massaging crowd figures) would have been a better bet.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: mickyb1234 "Ffs we left because we left, there is nothing that any of us can do about it, what is the point in harping on why did we do this why did we do that, it's done get over it.
question still there tho, why are we gonna be homeless in 2015, you stated it was gonna happen gutters'"

He mike. If we stay at the hive it will be because we've had to pay top dollar to do so..........and the deal still isn't done yet.

By the way...here's a reminder of the first post in this thread.
Quote: mickyb1234 ".....the hive aren't interested in the year 2 option in regards to the broncos in 2015. Brave new dawn looking like another complete clusterfffffk!
.......this is not negativity for negativity's sake by the way. It's just what I've heard from a reliable source.'"

I freely admit the topic title was provocative......and it's certainly proven a popular thread/discussion as its one of only a handful to over 100 posts on the Broncos board in while.

How difficult would it be to announce the plans for 2015 home games to the ever decreasing number of fans that the club has left, or is the plan really to just have David Hughes as the only supporter left?

RankPostsTeam
International Star398No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"People use statistics the way a drunk uses a lamp post - for support not illumination":

Quote: Tre Cool "Lots of positivity coming out of the club, and Id love to throw my support behind the club properly again like I did for the 10 years before this, but until I get a confirmation of a long term stadium deal I won't do it.

I don't mind us failing, or going bust again, as long as someone is trying to stop it happening and planning for us long term.

I'm not blindly following a club that stumbles from one stadium deal to another every couple of years with no basic plan in future.

And whatever anyone says we still don't have a long term stadium deal.'"

Just this really. It says it all, fans don't want to know if Broncos are playing at the Hive or not 2015, they want to know they have somewhere long term and are looking to develop.

My understanding is that there is no reason to believe Broncos wont be at the Hive this season coming but there are negotiations for a new longer term deal that the Hive are very keen to switch to rather than a deal that ends in 12 months and is another last minute hash as to whether Broncos stay for another 1/2 years. I don't know the Broncos side of it so I can't say if they are keen on a new deal or not, I'd like to think they are but GFs tone suggests they are unhappy at TK wanting to renegotiate now and see it as a way of being screwed over, instead they would prefer the second year option on the existing deal.

The Hive stadium is far from complete and some of the decisions as to how it develops as a stadium will need to be taken in the next couple of months. TK wants a long term tenant and he wants Barnet FC to eventually move back to Barnet, he has made this extremely clear to me and has backed this up in public by devoting space to it in BFC match day programs. If Broncos stay then he has plans to lengthen the pitch and build a new north stand further back and in the same style as the west stand, if they go then he wont bother with the extra expense on what will be effectively a temporary stadium for Barnet and so will move the south stand from Underhill to replace the terrace. He also has plans to extend the west stand the length of the pitch, a new roof and balcony on the East stand and eventually to replace the South terrace.

I suspect one of the issues is as alluded to by GF and that is whether or not Broncos are still a championship side in 2016 and whether DH has decided to fund another year outside SL. I'm confused on this one, mainly due to my lack of RL knowledge, I'm being told that Broncos have no hope of getting back into SL as their players aren't good enough, I'm also being told that Broncos have signed these players for 2 years. Does this mean that even if by some miracle they get back into super league they will be lumbered with Champ quality players and if they don't make SL what then for these contracted players.

So my view is the same as TC, Broncos need to agree a long term deal somewhere and make it public. If it's not at the Hive then so be it, personally I will be disappointed as I've enjoyed my trips to games.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Mel mate, we are actually building a pretty decent squad for next year, so in reality there is no reason why this time next season we could not be sitting quite comfortable in decent position in the 8 and on our way back into the SL. What has historically happened over the many years of rugby league in this country, when a team go down, many of the quality players in that squad jump ship quite often to the team coming up. The worldhas not come to an end for london broncos as suggested. It is true we would benefit from a stable home for a decent length of time, tbh the Hive is at the moment the right size for us, attendence will improve when we start being competetive.
Other posters on here are just bitter and twisted and like to be the centre of attention with claims of this that and the other.
The arangement this season suited all parties, and in reality kept the club in one piece, or the number of pieces it's been in. However, IF the deal for us at the Hive is being re negotiated, fine by me, I just hope it'sa decent length deal. Despite all the pontificating the originator of this thread actually has no answer when asked what happens if DH walks as he seems to want!

For me yes ipreferred the stoop, I actually liked Brentford, but it's in the past, so pointless harping on. If TK gets to improve the facilities at the Hive, i hope we are sstill there to reap the benefits.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach477No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45332.png
www.combatstress.org.uk - "They fight ours wars. We fight their battles":45332.png

Quote: gutterfax "He mike. If [sizewe[/size stay at the hive it will be because we've had to pay top dollar to do so..........and the deal still isn't done yet.?'"
5.2275390625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
12m
Recruitment rumours and links
Fantastic Mr
17m
BORED The Band Name Game