JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1649_1338292262.jpg
I have followed the LONDON CLUB since I was in my teensl even though born in St Helens and still live nearby and went to the first game at Fulham, also Big West Ham Supporter:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1649.jpg

Disappointing game after that first match against Wakefield, we looked like schoolboys in size with the forwards, as others have said Castleford were far too fast at the play the ball for us, also it did not help that hardly did we ever move up as they played the ball, while Cas were on top of us before we even started to move after we played the ball

I was told Alex had damaged his fingers as he did in The Million Pound game, that was a big loss, we need to recruit if we are going to move on.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach808
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45114.jpg
:45114.jpg

I’ve just got home from an enjoyable night away in Ealing. I think that ground has potential if you can stay in SL, which is going to be a big ask. You played the right game plan trying to move the ball as you will not compete with any other SL side down the middle. Your pack is just far too small and not physically strong enough to cope. The score line flattered us a little I think, but we did have several players out injured. If we put Gale, McMeeken, Foster, Olly Holmes, Roberts, Clarke, back into that side then yesterday would have looked very ugly I think. We are fairly lucky that we can put out as strong 17 as we did yesterday with the injury list we have. I don’t know how many you had out, but I think you need to recruit some size and strength in the middle. All that said, your lads never gave up and tried till the end. Fair play to them for coming across to acknowledge us Cas fans after the game, that showed some class amongst them in my opinion. I have a lot of time for Wardy, and I wish you all the best for the rest of the season. Look forward to seeing you at our place.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1025No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Squad is not good enough. Still baffles me why the club worked so hard to gain promotion, and then are not doing what they need to stay up. Its clear we are not strong enough, and that is without the inevitable injuries that will come our way. We have not recruited enough SL quality players, the squad lacks power and depth. It comes down to what do the club want. Do they want to be a SL club or are they happy to be a Champ club with the odd season in SL?? People are not going to flood back each week to see a team getting beaten. How true I do not know but, I have heard from two separate people the Ward wants/wanted to bring in more but DH has put the block on it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach991No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Agree with the consensus that we're lightweight up front. Richards has been completely anonymous both times I've seen us play, and Mason not much better - Battye and Ioane are still our best props and they need help. Lovell doesn't run anywhere near his size (he stops moving his legs after making contact and just looks to go to ground) and I've no idea why Hindmarsh hasn't had a look yet after playing almost all of last season.

Cunningham at 7 is a waste of a damn good hooker, we'd be much better off with him at 9 and Fozzard (who I also like) coming off the bench to support him. Either give Smith a chance at 7 or see if we can get Richardson from Sts. Obviously missed Walker at FB, have to hope he's not out for too long.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2813No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Honkytonk.
What we need to do this season is survive the drop. We are going to be on the of a couple of hidings, we have to accept that, we will hopefully pick up enough wins to not finish bottom. The squad we have is light, nobody denies that, but the squad we do have can play some entertaining rugby.
The problem with spending big is if it does not work then we become the next Widnes!
2000 is nowhere near enough, but with the help of away supporters if we can slowly build the numbers and keep the interest going in the press, the much needed new investment might appear.
So what to do, keep faith with a bunch of lads who earned the promotion supplemented by the likes of Yates etc or spend money we don’t have and import a team?
I reckon easter into mid season we may see a couple come in.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member5087
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1428_1671282854.png
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae-HziERgfk:p2kbb0c5]Gus Mackay we salute you!![/url:p2kbb0c5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1428.png

On a positive, the stand under construction looked pretty decent.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1025No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: northernbloke "Honkytonk.
What we need to do this season is survive the drop. We are going to be on the of a couple of hidings, we have to accept that, we will hopefully pick up enough wins to not finish bottom. The squad we have is light, nobody denies that, but the squad we do have can play some entertaining rugby.
The problem with spending big is if it does not work then we become the next Widnes!
2000 is nowhere near enough, but with the help of away supporters if we can slowly build the numbers and keep the interest going in the press, the much needed new investment might appear.
So what to do, keep faith with a bunch of lads who earned the promotion supplemented by the likes of Yates etc or spend money we don’t have and import a team?
I reckon easter into mid season we may see a couple come in.'"

I get that, and I am not knocking the effort of the players we have. We need to survive, so give yourself the best chance. In reality, is the squad that much stronger than last season??? If Hughes wants us to stay up, maybe this season we (he) needed to dig deep and fund a couple more SL quality players, maybe then next season some of the younger players will be in a better position to make an impact in the first team, the squad will be better established Will bringing players in mid season be too late, why not before the season started.

RfE
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain981
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20187 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76569_1517914522.png
Rise like Lions after slumber In unvanquishable number-- Shake your chains to earth like dew Which in sleep had fallen on you-- Ye are many -- they are few.' Percy Bysshe Shelley - 'The Mask of Anarchy' ' ITS OVER' - Roy Orbison:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76569.png

Quote: Honkytonk "I get that, and I am not knocking the effort of the players we have. We need to survive, so give yourself the best chance. In reality, is the squad that much stronger than last season??? If Hughes wants us to stay up, maybe this season we (he) needed to dig deep and fund a couple more SL quality players, maybe then next season some of the younger players will be in a better position to make an impact in the first team, the squad will be better established Will bringing players in mid season be too late, why not before the season started.'"

This sounds very much like my thoughts.
If there were one position where I feel Hughes NEEDED to spend was on a replacement for Sammut. Didn't make Saturday's game but Walker seemed a big loss. Sounds like a bit of square pegs into round holes is going on - would Dixon have been a better bet at FB, having played there earlier in his career? Why play a great hooker in Cunningham as a half back?
Our squad is small and little changed from last season - one thing I felt from last year's 8s was that we didn't look to have the speed with the ball or the speed of thought of some of the SL teams, although we did beat a couple of them.
I'm not advocating wholesale changes but surely Wardy has to change the 19 a bit for next weekend?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1771No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons1949_files/4276-1634ferrari-msnicons.jpg
:icons1949_files/4276-1634ferrari-msnicons.jpg

I haven't been to a game in ages due to family and personal reasons. so im not in a postion unlike others to comment here on changes to the team for the Wigan game.
But reading here on what others are saying and from what I have seen of the games played so far, those that go to the games know what they are looking at and can see what is working and what aint, (even the guys on the radio seen to feel some positional changes are needed).
I agree with everyone Cunningham is no SH and needs to get put back in the position that earned him an England Knights call up and lets be honest what other clubs were sniffing about for the back end of last season. Hes far more effective at Hooker and has more impact on our go forward from there, along with Fozard would work much better then Fozard/Pelisser combination is at the moment.
I'm no expert but maybe its best to try changes now early in the season rather then later when it might to late to do it. We brought Morgan Smith from Warrington who plays in this position and who's fans rated highly, so try him now why we can and have games to play with this early. The two new forwards don't seem to be working I saw that for myself on TV(may sound silly but I think you get an idea of how well they are doing by the times the commentators mention their names, all I heard was Battye's name all night). As for Lovell he needs some one on one lessons with Jamie Langley on how to go into a tackle or even hit a line at speed. Try Hindmarsh the guy was playing brilliant last season and he looks like hes bulked up a bit too. It was shame that Adebyi went off early it would have been nice to see what he could have added as the game went along.
If Walker is still out for the Wigan game is it worth giving Gideon Boafo a run out at Fb as this is his team position. Could it not hurt trying these guys out before we all stay asking the club to spend money on players.

Does anyone know what has happened to Butler and Hellewell, are they carrying injuries.

Btw on Danny Richardson, yes he would be brillant for us and as a SL player is going to waste at Leigh (no disrespect meant there.), i did read that Holbrook wasnt happy or prepared to allow him to go to another SL club.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member5087
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1428_1671282854.png
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae-HziERgfk:p2kbb0c5]Gus Mackay we salute you!![/url:p2kbb0c5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1428.png

I'm also surprised Hindmarsh has not played but perhaps he is injured.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1025No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think Hindmarsh, Boafo and Meadows played for Coventry yesterday.

Its great saying changes for next week but in reality what do we do?? We are not exactly blessed with great depth. Cunningham to hooker is not a conversation we should be having, he should be playing there any way. Smith then replaces him in the backs. Hindmarsh comes in for ??

We have quite a few players on 1 year deals. We go down this season we lose a few players, need to rebuild a bit again and returned to playing in front of 800 odd people. Thats not progress. I was really excited about the prospect of SL this season, a real chance for the club to make a statement on and off the pitch. As it stands I am pretty underwhelmed with both. The "Marketing", well lets face it, this is the bare minimum that a SL club should be doing, we haven't exactly re invented the wheel.

Anyway, on to Wigan and lets hope the boys can pull a rabbit out

RankPostsTeam
International Star1025No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Actually, having had a look

Meadows, Butler and Davis played for Coventry
Hindmarsh and Boafo played for Skolars

RankPostsTeam
International Star382No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: RfE "This sounds very much like my thoughts.
If there were one position where I feel Hughes NEEDED to spend was on a replacement for Sammut. Didn't make Saturday's game but Walker seemed a big loss. Sounds like a bit of square pegs into round holes is going on - would Dixon have been a better bet at FB, having played there earlier in his career? Why play a great hooker in Cunningham as a half back?
Our squad is small and little changed from last season - one thing I felt from last year's 8s was that we didn't look to have the speed with the ball or the speed of thought of some of the SL teams, although we did beat a couple of them.
I'm not advocating wholesale changes but surely Wardy has to change the 19 a bit for next weekend?'"

Can you tell me who was available to sign as a halfback when Sammut said he was not staying with London. Most of the good players had been signed by the time we won the million pound.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1025No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

There is always someone available. Behind the scenes players are always available, just because the fans do not know who they are does not mean they are not there.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain675
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

And you would know because ?????

39 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
39 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

1.9970703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Arthur In
Trebor1
13m
Shopping list for 2025
mwindass
18m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Trebor1
38m
Film game
Boss Hog
42m
New Home for Hull FC
DarksideDave
52m
Barrow A
Bullseye
Recent
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
RAPIDO
Recent
Ellis Lingard
Dr Dreadnoug
Recent
Dewsbury away
Dr Dreadnoug
Recent
Lockie Lam
mwindass
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Trebor1
1m
New Home for Hull FC
DarksideDave
2m
Recruitment rumours and links
easyWire
2m
Barrow A
Bullseye
3m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
3m
Dewsbury away
Dr Dreadnoug
4m
Wakefield Trinity Heritage Podcast - Season 3
wakeytrin
5m
Film game
Boss Hog
5m
Ellis Lingard
Dr Dreadnoug
6m
Prediction Competition Week 21 plus rearranged game
BRK
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
New Home for Hull FC
DarksideDave
TODAY
Ellis Lingard
Dr Dreadnoug
TODAY
Myler Ellis
Blackandwhit
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Borough Bonus
Mr Snoodle
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition London Away
Mr Snoodle
TODAY
Kicking Game
Douglas Blac
TODAY
London Broncos Victorious Over Off-Colour Catalans Dragons
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squads - Warriors v Leopards
LeythIg
TODAY
Lockie Lam
mwindass
TODAY
Leigh h pt 2
Stu M
TODAY
Weve never had it so good
MjM
TODAY
Leigh Away
The games af
TODAY
Dual Reg & Loans The Rules Explained
faxcar
TODAY
Salford Win the Mid Table Battle Over The Rhinos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Saints Back To Winning Ways With Big Win Over Hull FC
RLFANS News
TODAY
Hull KR Top of the League With Stunning Win Over Warrington
RLFANS News
TODAY
York at home
WT_Midlander
TODAY
cats
BigTime
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
London Broncos Victorious Over..
Salford Win the Mid Table Batt..
Saints Back To Winning Ways Wi..
Hull KR Top of the League With..
Wakefield Trinity Back to Winn..
Catalans Dragons Defeat Hull F..
Salford Move Closer To Play Of..
Warrington Wolves Humiliate Wi..
Bill Arthur Rest In Peace..
Rhinos Comfortably Win Scrappy..
Battling Tigers Beat The Drago..
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headin..
Twelve Man Warrington Stun Sai..
2024 State of Origin - Game 3 ..
Wakefield March On With Win Ov..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.61M 3,003 80,09314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R2
20:00
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Thu 8th Aug
     National Rugby League 2024-R23
10:50
Souths
v
Melbourne
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R21
St.Helens
v
Salford
 Fri 9th Aug
09:00
Gold Coast
v
Cronulla
11:00
Parramatta
v
Penrith
     Womens Super League 2024-R11
17:30
LeedsW
v
WiganW
Huddersfield
v
Catalans
Hull KR
v
Castleford
       Championship 2024-R21
Wakefield
v
Sheffield
 Sat 10th Aug
06:00
Canberra
v
Manly
08:30
NQL Cowboys
v
Brisbane
10:35
St.George
v
Canterbury
12:00
St.HelensW
v
FeatherstoneW
       League One 2024-R19
13:00
Cornwall
v
Hunslet
14:00
BarrowW
v
Wire W
15:00
Leeds
v
Wigan
       Championship 2024-R21
18:00
Doncaster
v
Toulouse
 Sun 11th Aug
05:00
Dolphins
v
NZ Warriors
07:05
Newcastle
v
Wests
12:00
York V
v
Hudds W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 8th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Salford
Fri 9th Aug
SL
Huddersfield-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Castleford
Sat 10th Aug
SL
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 11th Aug
SL
Leigh-Hull FC
SL
LondonB-Warrington
Sat 17th Aug
SL
19:30
Warrington-Leeds
SL
17:00
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
14:30
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:30
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:30
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 23rd Aug
SL
Castleford-Warrington
SL
Leeds-Catalans
Sat 24th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Hull KR
SL
14:00
Salford-Huddersfield
Sun 25th Aug
SL
LondonB-Leigh
SL
Wigan-Hull FC
Fri 30th Aug
SL
Hull KR-Salford
SL
Leigh-Warrington
Sun 4th Aug
SL 20 LondonB12-10Catalans
WSL2024 10 FeatherstoneW6-68LeedsW
WSL2024 10 BarrowW6-64St.HelensW
WSL2024 10 Wire W0-61York V
WSL2024 10 WiganW70-0Hudds W
L1 18 Keighley72-12Newcastle
L1 18 Oldham32-0Midlands
L1 18 Rochdale46-32Cornwall
L1 18 Workington24-28Crusaders
CH 20 Barrow24-24Bradford
CH 20 Dewsbury16-42Wakefield
CH 20 Featherstone24-16Batley
CH 20 Halifax38-18York
CH 20 Sheffield22-20Doncaster
CH 20 Whitehaven12-24Widnes
NRL 22 Penrith22-14Newcastle
NRL 22 Canterbury22-18Canberra
Sat 3rd Aug
SL 20 Hull FC6-46St.Helens
SL 20 Salford22-16Leeds
CH 20 Swinton4-48Toulouse
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 20 503 259 244 30
Wigan 19 495 258 237 30
Warrington 20 502 267 235 28
Salford 20 377 382 -5 26
St.Helens 20 501 262 239 24
Catalans 20 376 286 90 24

Leeds 20 371 364 7 20
Leigh 19 392 286 106 19
Huddersfield 20 350 453 -103 14
Castleford 20 336 523 -187 13
Hull FC 20 274 612 -338 6
LondonB 20 210 735 -525 4
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 18 626 222 404 34
Sheffield 18 510 303 207 26
Toulouse 17 516 224 292 25
Widnes 18 434 319 115 23
Bradford 18 421 321 100 22
Featherstone 18 464 375 89 18

Doncaster 18 338 432 -94 17
York 19 446 383 63 16
Batley 18 300 390 -90 16
Halifax 18 356 477 -121 14