FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > London Broncos > Message from David Hughes..
121 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
International Star249No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cowgirl Nostalgist "Do you really believe that?

Tell you what I'll put it to the test with an experiment.

I hereby declare a moratorium on my Gus bashing for the forseeable.'"

Of course we can't think that any of our whinings could ever influence another Adult's decision.

However, people listen and take notice of negative info and remember that than the positives I found over the years. It's like hearing about a business by word of mouth. One bad review amongst a few positives, and punters tend to listen to the negatives, often making it a self fulfilling prophecy.

However, your reeling in of Gus bashing would be most welcome, especially as he is most likely to not have a major role now....with a focus on the positives and a much needed support from you and other supporters....Great that you are getting to The Hive Cowgirl. Keep it up and spread the joy!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4958No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1649_1338292262.jpg
I have followed the LONDON CLUB since I was in my teensl even though born in St Helens and still live nearby and went to the first game at Fulham, also Big West Ham Supporter:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1649.jpg

Quote: meliferra "I thought my post was clear.'"

meliferra, I was not disagreeing with you, in any way, just saying the concession is in fact for Over 64's, it's only a small point.

RankPostsTeam
International Star382No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: markrammond "It is indisputable that David Hughes has taken us to the brink twice in the past five years.

The first time was when he wanted shut of Lenagan as a non-investing majority shareholder. I don't remember anyone claiming it was Paul Blanchard's fault and I don't remember David getting dog's abuse either.

The second time was when he wanted shut of us being based at Harlequins Rugby Union Club.

This time round there was sustained criticism from several supporters which started with the mention of Gillingham and re-emerged time and time again as the season went on. But this time the criticism manifested from concern to what I would describe as snide remarks to downright bullying and trolling.

Gus has taken more abuse than anyone has a right to give and this has spread to anyone whose posts included anything positive. It is of no surprise that this has led to the opposite of what was wanted e.g. less communication rather than more, less fans forums, less different posters on the board rather than more etc.

I have lost count of the number of posts which are merely a cut and paste of comments with a lot of derogatory statements and statistical "facts" under them.

I do not want us to lose either David Hughes and I do not want the ill will to be read as representative of London Broncos as a whole. I would call on the moderators to consider a final warning appropriate for trolls with a permanent ban to follow. We must drive away the malignant if they are not to spread.'"

I am correct in saying that if posters do not agree with your views on the way the club is run that they should be banned from this forum

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach577No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47232_1397587565.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47232.png

I am calling for the moderators to create specific 'sticky' threads on 'Gus', 'Marketing', 'Attendances' and a '100% negativity and trolling' thread in which all posters understand that personal insults will be randomly added and repeated.

I don't want to read this lot in every and all threads regardless of topic.

I don't care whether or not people agree with what I write or whether they think I am a gibbering gibbon, but I do care about antagonistic people whose behaviour is frankly shameful and who disrupt the forum with an anti London Broncos agenda.

RankPostsTeam
International Star382No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: markrammond "I am calling for the moderators to create specific 'sticky' threads on 'Gus', 'Marketing', 'Attendances' and a '100% negativity and trolling' thread in which all posters understand that personal insults will be randomly added and repeated.

I don't want to read this lot in every and all threads regardless of topic.

I don't care whether or not people agree with what I write or whether they think I am a gibbering gibbon, but I do care about antagonistic people whose behaviour is frankly shameful and who disrupt the forum with an anti London Broncos agenda.'"

That is your opinion and you are welcome to it, but other posters have their own opinion and if they are not allowed their opinions in the same way you do it makes a nonsense of the word forum really.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: markrammond "It is indisputable that David Hughes has taken us to the brink twice in the past five years.'"

Not a lot gets past you does it?

Quote: markrammond "The first time was when he wanted shut of Lenagan as a non-investing majority shareholder. I don't remember anyone claiming it was Paul Blanchard's fault and I don't remember David getting dog's abuse either.'"

Actually, Blanchard wasn't with us long enough to be responsible for that farce, Hughes used the issue to try and muster financial assistance from the RFL and I blamed both him and the short sightedness of the RFL decision to make Lenegan step back in the first place. Hughes did NOTHING, NADA, LESS THAN NIL to attract NEW investors once Lenegans were given up and as a result, he dropped more an more money into the club with absolutely no idea of how to use this "investment" to build for the future. I said as much at the time!

Quote: markrammond "The second time was when he wanted shut of us being based at Harlequins Rugby Union Club. '"

I have seen the company accounts in full for the seasons 2008-2012 and I know how much the Stoop was costing us. The "cost"of the stoop is a red herring as it was a public statement from MacKay/Hughes that said the local residents weren't interested in us........you can imagine my response to that lie.

Quote: markrammond "This time round there was sustained criticism from several supporters which started with the mention of Gillingham and re-emerged time and time again as the season went on. But this time the criticism manifested from concern to what I would describe as snide remarks to downright bullying and trolling.'"

Absolute rubbish. This is a public forum and is moderated by its owners, who would cut off any sign of bullying immediately if it occurred. What happened was that a great deal of fans on here, other boards and Facebook made it abundantly clear that Gillingham was a non starter for them. One poster from the Gillingham area was gobsmacked at the arrogance of the club when dealing with the situation in Kent. Remember Mark, this was 6 months after the rebrand which had failed miserably...Gus, who had form before he joined us, Now had UBER FORM with us.

Quote: markrammond "Gus has taken more abuse than anyone has a right to give and this has spread to anyone whose posts included anything positive. It is of no surprise that this has led to the opposite of what was wanted e.g. less communication rather than more, less fans forums, less different posters on the board rather than more etc.'"

Insanity icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: jaybs "here at RLFans when the London forum was started there was a real warm united feeling '"

Back when we had a club that we felt part of you mean?
Can I suggest you chip in with the Journo Mark and buy your own servers, set upon your own, invite me then ban me.....but until then, do one!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach991No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It's amazing that the club, and its staff, can behave the way they have to fans over the past five years and some people not only eat it up but criticise those who won't.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: markrammond " but I do care about antagonistic people whose behaviour is frankly shameful and who disrupt the forum with an anti London Broncos agenda.'"

I could convincingly argue that your very presence at games is indicative of an Anti-London Broncos stance, given you are giving support to a regime that has by it's own admission made many mistakes across the board that have resulted in the denigration of the team, club and Business and whom by their current actions are continuing to destroy the club and business (the team is already destroyed beyond recognition of a SL outfit).

But I don't.

I don't consider myself qualified enough to advise people where to go, how to spend their money, what to think or where to convey their thoughts. I certainly don't have the audacity or arrogance to demand that other peoples opinions be quashed or censored by forum moderators.

No doubt you will be one of the happy band who will follow the club no matter where they play or what division they are in and Good on You for that eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif .....unfortunately, as the attendance at Salford showed, you are an ever decreasing group who the club really doesn't give a tuppeny about, as you no longer fund them by your attendance, there aren't enough of you to interest an investor and as you've already brought every mate you have to games over the last 18 seasons, you're not much good to them for marketing either!

Enjoy your season and stick me on ignore, but keep your fascist ideals about what is and isn't permitted on here to yourself!

RankPostsTeam
International Star128
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well said Mr Rammond, shameful fascist reference.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6035No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11371.gif
:11371.gif

Quote: gutterfax "I could convincingly argue that your very presence at games is indicative of an Anti-London Broncos stance, given you are giving support to a regime that has by it's own admission made many mistakes across the board that have resulted in the denigration of the team, club and Business and whom by their current actions are continuing to destroy the club and business (the team is already destroyed beyond recognition of a SL outfit).

But I don't.

I don't consider myself qualified enough to advise people where to go, how to spend their money, what to think or where to convey their thoughts. I certainly don't have the audacity or arrogance to demand that other peoples opinions be quashed or censored by forum moderators.

No doubt you will be one of the happy band who will follow the club no matter where they play or what division they are in and Good on You for that
So you hate the club, fans and management and dont condone supporting the team......so wtf are you doing on here every day?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: Tre Cool "So you hate the club, fans and management and dont condone supporting the team......so wtf are you doing on here every day?'"

where did I say that?

....I simply said that everyone is entitled to follow the team in any way they desire and it is not mine or anyone else right to impose their ways on others nor is it valid to try to silence posters who you don't agree with.

I have not suggested anyone steer clear of the Hive.....nor have I said that people shouldn't support the club. No matter how many times you allude to this, it still won't make this fact any less factual!

Personally, rather than sit back as we are driven over a cliff, I prefer to scream at the driver......stick your fingers in your ears if you don't like the noise!

RankPostsTeam
International Star41No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: gutterfax "where did I say that?

....I simply said that everyone is entitled to follow the team in any way they desire and it is not mine or anyone else right to impose their ways on others nor is it valid to try to silence posters who you don't agree with.

I have not suggested anyone steer clear of the Hive.....nor have I said that people shouldn't support the club. No matter how many times you allude to this, it still won't make this fact any less factual!

Personally, rather than sit back as we are driven over a cliff, I prefer to scream at the driver......stick your fingers in your ears if you don't like the noise!'"

A slap stops people screaming.
Better than fingers in ears

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: Thecranewife "Well said Mr Rammond, '"

Insightful as ever....as well as non-contributory as usual.

Quote: Thecranewife "shameful fascist reference.'"
...actually, a very valid comparison. You, being an avid follower of mine, will note that I do not take it upon myself to deem what is worthy of being posted here and what is not. I am a great believer in free speech. The request for censor from Mr Rammond to the moderators is a form of fascism.....if I'd referred to a particular type of fascism or a date perhaps, then maybe you could take offence, but as fascism is a political doctrine, to compare someone's stance to it is not shameful at all.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1512No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66844_1330776218.jpg
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HxV65bn0Zw/url:20fxvvo4]Selco, answer our prayers![/url:20fxvvo4] David Hughes - The Gerald Ratner of Rugby League? Discuss. Or not as the case may be.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66844.jpg

Quote: gutterfax "fascism is a political doctrine'"

As noted former footballer & office wrecker Paolo Di Canio attests.

121 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
121 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.06787109375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
Recent
Questions for Ste Mills
Jacko1500mm
FORUM