JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1649_1338292262.jpg
I have followed the LONDON CLUB since I was in my teensl even though born in St Helens and still live nearby and went to the first game at Fulham, also Big West Ham Supporter:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1649.jpg

Quote: Homer "Same old persecution complex as ever eh, you've peddled that line since your 'appy 'ammers were actually a succesful football team........nobody is actually throwing dummies, if you could but recognise it you would see that you are contributing to one side of a debate with some support, and others are on the opposing side, doesn't make them a clique or a gang anymore than those supporing your point makes you a crew leader.'"

The difference is I accept other opinions Homer, there any many thing said I do not even comment on even though I disagree, but I would never feel the need to stoop low to attack anyone personally because I don't agree with them.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4958No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1649_1338292262.jpg
I have followed the LONDON CLUB since I was in my teensl even though born in St Helens and still live nearby and went to the first game at Fulham, also Big West Ham Supporter:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1649.jpg

Quote: Dan Stains woz God "
It's fair to say that there are a few anti-league QRU supporters, but no more than the idiots we have on board that hate everything RU related. ('"

Why do people who don't like RU have to be idiots? it is just a personal taste, I have nothing against rugby union myself I think it is now run much more professionally than League and I used to take knocks for being a member at Orrell RUFC for many years and each time I came up in the draw for Twickenham England match tickets I grabbed them as it takes some beating the atmosphere in such a full stadium for an international. In the north the dislike for union is more still class based as it is not seen as a working mans game as League is.

I did feel when decided to take up the name of the Harlequins it would do us good, I felt their name would assist us in the world of sponsorship and corporate business, yes I agree we had to show them what we could offer, but sadly which is more important they seemed to bring nothing to the table.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4958No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1649_1338292262.jpg

Quote: BroncOnIon "Not sure how much of the above you are saying that I said. Certainly not the bit about dummies and prams.'"

Apologies if I did make it clear, I was agreeing with you about whatever decision was made by the club I would fully accept it and move on, but that does not seem the opinion here. I just hope when the announcement is finally made we can move on!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach577No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47232_1397587565.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47232.png

There is a guy running the Quinssa stuff called 'the Prof' whom heads the organization I think and I have been forwarded on the disparaging comments about RL by people like Paul Roberts in the past when he worked in the Post room and had a bit of spare time on his hands.

I will see if Paul has the emails still, he sent them to my old work account, but you'd be surprised how rude in a semi-offical capacity the stuff was - I know a few of us got one email, Nigel, Mike Wreford etc.

I don't need to evidence everything I write, though if someone will forward on a link to the emails they send I'd pick them out pretty easily... the stuff I'm thinking about was one in particular about the vulgarity of our supporters at RU for cheering and shouting and not following the unwritten social code but I've seen a fair few divisive comments, funnily enough he didn't want to know when I wrote to him!

There is a big difference between someone like Wire Quin or myself moutihng off on a forum and an anti-RL supporter who is clearly influential heading up the RU association and being openly critical towards RL. Please send on the links to the Quinssa emails before you say it is imagination again. I don't mind the Union club at all - I just think they were much less committed to true partnership than was believed and they could have stepped in to buy Lenagan out as the agreement was.

As for us being more successful, that to me is relative.

I would suggest that if Super League were to break down into two leagues of ten that we would be very lucky indeed to get a place at the top table and yet only a few years back we were in the top ten every year. The Union club could have invested then - and perhaps we could be as strong as teams like Catalans and Huddersfield. No investment was made when we needed it.

With respect, you would have to be silly to think we would have done any better v St Helens in the opening game... they had SL legends like Wellens, Lyon, Long, Cunningham, Roby & Sculthorpe plus top players like Albert, Talau, Gilmour, P Anderson and V Anderson in the squad, it was the nucleus of a squad that won everything... league, cup, grand final, world club challenge, team of the year etc.

Where things went wrong in my view was our inability to take down the likes of Wakefield, Salford and Castleford in the following weeks, meaning that most floating supporters drifted away seemingly forever.

The Quins experiment is nearly over now, I'm glad it is over, perhaps it could have worked but the Doctor Frankenstein's like Lenagan, Evans etc have all gone leaving us with the abomination.

Cheers
Mark

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2742No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/017.jpg
Welcome Quins Kitties born 02.04.09 - Purdo - Determined, loveable with a "can-do" attitude. A born leader. Louie - Big, white and fluffy. A very noisy prop forward. Harley- Cute and gorgeous (just like our no.9) Well, I couldn't call her Chad, could I? Update on Quins Mogs :- Purdo - deffo leader amongst Mogs. The Capo. Louie - turned out to be more like Louie Spence than LMS. Re-named Judas. Harley - Cute but not as gorgeous as our no.9. Oh well, at least I haven't got a Willy.:simpsons/017.jpg

jaybs, I didn't mean that people that dislike RU are idiots (I'm not mad keen myself) I think that people that come on here knocking other peoples sports are daft.

Each to their own in sports and everything else come to that (as long as it's law abiding).

Mark - I've met the Prof and I would be very surprised if he was the author of any RL hate mails. Mate, you've got it wrong. There are a few people that don't want us at the Stoop but for the most part, they couldn't care less about us unless we are being a nuisance.

I think we should all back off having a go at our landlords and their fans who for the most part, don't deserve it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2742No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/017.jpg
Welcome Quins Kitties born 02.04.09 - Purdo - Determined, loveable with a "can-do" attitude. A born leader. Louie - Big, white and fluffy. A very noisy prop forward. Harley- Cute and gorgeous (just like our no.9) Well, I couldn't call her Chad, could I? Update on Quins Mogs :- Purdo - deffo leader amongst Mogs. The Capo. Louie - turned out to be more like Louie Spence than LMS. Re-named Judas. Harley - Cute but not as gorgeous as our no.9. Oh well, at least I haven't got a Willy.:simpsons/017.jpg

Mods - can someone lock this thread before anybody says anything further that might entail them getting their arsses sued?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach477No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45332.png
www.combatstress.org.uk - "They fight ours wars. We fight their battles":45332.png

Quote: jaybs ".................. Sadly it only Sky that is propping up out game and each and every club is living well beyond their means! I have said it for a long time but are we only a semi professional game?'"

Not unique to League despite what the "flat-earthers" would have us believe.

Now call me a heretic but I think that this "re-branding" consultation a red herring, designed to divert attention away from poor on the field performance toward on off the field drama of a few "Quins" brand is killing RL in London ranters. I reckon it's worked. Some times this forum has resembled the letters pages of League Express.

The "Quins" brand isn't killing RL in London, having a e team, lack of leadership on day to day issues and falling for the "flat-earthers" obsession regarding attendances has done us more harm than good.

Finally, we appear to have solved the lack of leadership issue in the appointment of Gus Mackay as Chief Executive.

He has shown that working with a media partner the numbers of bums on seats can be driven up via low cost methods ie promotions. Secondly, get some quality players in, which appears finally to be be happening, driven it appears by a differing recruitment ethos by the current coach to that of the previous incumbant.

Now in 2012 put the 2 together and with the rub of the green and a bit more extensive locallised marketing to "recruit" some more locals and you have the making of a potentially half decent season, buy our standards.

In fact I'd go as far to say that this time next year we could be expecting to be fighting at the business end of the season for a play off berth rather than indulging in yet another woodspoon avoidence exercise.

Keep the faith..............

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach577No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47232_1397587565.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47232.png

... the point is Loyal Londoner, that we were taken on as a "partner" but the Quins supporters associations doesn't even acknowledge a Rugby League team exists on the home page or anywhere else on the site that could have been helpful.. are we Quins or not?

They have made no effort and the supporters are disparaging, this is the general state of snide remarks made: www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read ... 0,12530725

This club were never really open to the concept of a dual club

Now that we have got fed up with the lethargy and decided we may as well be our own this is also seen as a bad move

I cannot see any negatives from having our own identity again, it is not as if there are thousands of RU supporters who will somehow cast us off, they are just entirely indifferent bar a couple of hundred at most

I agree we are arguing about the colours of the deckchairs on the Titanic when there have been three years of stagnation, but at last the iceberg seems to be melting
... the point is Loyal Londoner, that we were taken on as a "partner" but the Quins supporters associations doesn't even acknowledge a Rugby League team exists on the home page or anywhere else on the site that could have been helpful.. are we Quins or not?

They have made no effort and the supporters are disparaging, this is the general state of snide remarks made: www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read ... 0,12530725

This club were never really open to the concept of a dual club

Now that we have got fed up with the lethargy and decided we may as well be our own this is also seen as a bad move

I cannot see any negatives from having our own identity again, it is not as if there are thousands of RU supporters who will somehow cast us off, they are just entirely indifferent bar a couple of hundred at most

I agree we are arguing about the colours of the deckchairs on the Titanic when there have been three years of stagnation, but at last the iceberg seems to be melting

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5087
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1428_1671282854.png
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae-HziERgfk:p2kbb0c5]Gus Mackay we salute you!![/url:p2kbb0c5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1428.png

Quote: markrammond "... the point is Loyal Londoner, that we were taken on as a "partner" but the Quins supporters associations doesn't even acknowledge a Rugby League team exists on the home page or anywhere else on the site that could have been helpful.. are we Quins or not?

They have made no effort and the supporters are disparaging, this is the general state of snide remarks made:
Wow, is that the best you could find to back your story up !!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member7631
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1718.jpg
:1718.jpg

Quote: markrammond "
With respect, you would have to be silly to think we would have done any better v St Helens in the opening game... they had SL legends like Wellens, Lyon, Long, Cunningham, Roby & Sculthorpe plus top players like Albert, Talau, Gilmour, P Anderson and V Anderson in the squad, it was the nucleus of a squad that won everything... league, cup, grand final, world club challenge, team of the year etc.
'"
I wrote it and it wasn't silly. Sure Saints were a good team and we couldn't have expected to beat them. Problem was that our team wasn't of a standard that could compete with them at all. To get the QuinsRL venture off to a good start, we had to compete. We weren't capable of that and should have known it. I'm sure that fixture was chosen to give the new venture a bumper send-off. Back-fired totally. Next season, let's start with a home game against Widnes, Wakefield or Bradford [
Erm, I actually wasted some of my time reading that, and seems like a load of mainly reasonable people being mainly reasonable. What's your beef?

Maybe the Union club could have done more, but they're not a charity. Fact is as usual we royally stuffed this one up alone - no attempt at marketing beyond the sporadic half ars*d, and appalling performances on the field. We needed different outcomes in those two facets of the business, and might have had a chance.

Any new name will also fail unless both are addressed (and we'll waste yet more time/resources starting from scratch yet again...). Brand has never been the main issue for this company, it's a massive straw man - it is, and has always been, poor execution.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

161 games played as Harlequins Rugby League, 100 of these were losses with 56 wins and 5 draws. Points difference of
-1,417 and a seasons average of 19.5 competition points are all factors in why the club have failed to pack'em in since 2006. I doubt very much that our jersey or name had as bigger influence than the depressing stats above icon_rolleyes.gif

74 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
74 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.47119140625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC