Dec 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53919_1700999426.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53919.jpg

Quote: BigTime "Anyone else noticed since we signed the dual reg with Wigan the loanees stopped coming. What’s that about?'"

You're looking at it the wrong way around BT. Hughes & Lenagan have it on a month by month rotation. This month Wigan have decided they don't need our players. icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player234No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: BigTime "Anyone else noticed since we signed the dual reg with Wigan the loanees stopped coming. What’s that about?'"

I think Peet said they were looking for development opportunities for some of their fringe first team a couple of weeks ago. Leigh and Wakey have already taken some on short term loans, so my guess is they are maybe waiting for other SL opportunities to open up before they make any available to us.

Harvie Hill has joined Toulouse today however, speaks volumes of how seriously our partnership is playing out.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/03/ ... e-on-loan/

I think Peet said they were looking for development opportunities for some of their fringe first team a couple of weeks ago. Leigh and Wakey have already taken some on short term loans, so my guess is they are maybe waiting for other SL opportunities to open up before they make any available to us.

Harvie Hill has joined Toulouse today however, speaks volumes of how seriously our partnership is playing out.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2023/03/ ... e-on-loan/

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player1941
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Knocker_White "I think Peet said they were looking for development opportunities for some of their fringe first team a couple of weeks ago. Leigh and Wakey have already taken some on short term loans, so my guess is they are maybe waiting for other SL opportunities to open up before they make any available to us.

Quite. I recall they loaned someone to Haven as well. Basically we’re behind pretty much everyone else when it comes to DR. Underlining the benefits of a less relaxed recruitment policy. On the plus side our new recruits al appear available and all appear to be decent quality. If we do pick up knocks though we depend on the kids or someone we used to have getting tired of warming the bench at another club and condescending to come back to the Capital for a few weeks. I had thought Rob Butler might be a case in point but not so sure now. Doesn’t feel as effective a model as that adopted by some of our competitors but it is what it is and I’m fairly confident it’s better than the whole scale plundering of bottom end L1 sides that we thought would do the trick last season.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player1941
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Deadcowboys1 "You're looking at it the wrong way around BT. Hughes & Lenagan have it on a month by month rotation. This month Wigan have decided they don't need our players. Ahh like last years DR with Skolars they loan us players, some time we loan them back. That worked well on all sides.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player1941
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Knocker_White "I think Peet said they were looking for development opportunities for some of their fringe first team a couple of weeks ago. Leigh and Wakey have already taken some on short term loans, so my guess is they are maybe waiting for other SL opportunities to open up before they make any available to us.

Now Eckersley to Widnes on a month’s loan! Are there any Champ clubs they aren’t in DR with? At least they’re even handed but will be interesting to see if this DR bares any more fruit or if it’s simply a way of saying ‘we’ve loaned you Silva for the season’ which is gratefully received by the way but if we aren’t signing anyone then a few more loanees might be useful especially if all the other clubs are getting in on the act.

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player234No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: BigTime "Now Eckersley to Widnes on a month’s loan! Are there any Champ clubs they aren’t in DR with? At least they’re even handed but will be interesting to see if this DR bares any more fruit or if it’s simply a way of saying ‘we’ve loaned you Silva for the season’ which is gratefully received by the way but if we aren’t signing anyone then a few more loanees might be useful especially if all the other clubs are getting in on the act.'"

It's strange and bit concerning that we appear to be getting overlooked. On current evidence I'm not sure how reliant upon Wigan we can be, if we suddenly find ourselves in need of some emergency cover, as will no doubt happen at some point. Silva and Hill aside, the majority of the players Wigan look to have available are outside backs and hookers/half backs, not positions that we are really in great need of currently. I would be happy if we were able to keep Silva for the remainder of the season as you say. I doubt we will see much more of Miski now that Jai Field is out for a couple of months and he's played well for them when called upon.

I wonder how much geography is playing into some of the decision making and whether we have the same issue in attracting DR players as we do permanent signings from up north i.e. are players willing to take themselves away from home to come down for a part time spell and how attractive a proposition are we making it? If we can't offer a full time environment, then what else do we really have?

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player1941
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

To all intents and purposes this season looks like a bit of a write off off field wise. It’s not easy to see quite where they can have a push to get interest going again. I wonder if they should make efforts to advertise the July2 game against Newcastle together with some work on the ground in the immediate environs of PL. if I’m right Football will not have started yet, the schools/scouts etc will still be on and available for free tickets and holiday season not started. Maybe that is the opportunity to make some noise. On the plus side there is a game at home the next week to gather momentum. On the negative it’s Toulouse and on a Saturday breaking the Sunday afternoon slot vibe. Neither side will bring many supporters with them but if we don’t make a push then there is only realistically the run of 3 home games in Sept to grow an audience and encourage sponsors of the value of supporting the team although I would have thought late in the season is a bad time to advertise the club.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member5082
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1428_1671282854.png
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae-HziERgfk:p2kbb0c5]Gus Mackay we salute you!![/url:p2kbb0c5]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1428.png

It seems obvious from the squads assembled that Hughes has written off all the seasons leading upto the IMG restucturing. By showing no ambition to get promoted on the field Hughes shows contempt for longstanding fans and limits the ability to attract new ones. London needs a competitive side to stand any chance of growing the fan base.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player307No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: BigTime "To all intents and purposes this season looks like a bit of a write off off field wise. It’s not easy to see quite where they can have a push to get interest going again. I wonder if they should make efforts to advertise the July2 game against Newcastle together with some work on the ground in the immediate environs of PL. if I’m right Football will not have started yet, the schools/scouts etc will still be on and available for free tickets and holiday season not started. Maybe that is the opportunity to make some noise. On the plus side there is a game at home the next week to gather momentum. On the negative it’s Toulouse and on a Saturday breaking the Sunday afternoon slot vibe. Neither side will bring many supporters with them but if we don’t make a push then there is only realistically the run of 3 home games in Sept to grow an audience and encourage sponsors of the value of supporting the team although I would have thought late in the season is a bad time to advertise the club.'"

Newcastle and Toulouse will be played at Ebbsfleet as Plough Lane doesn't appear to have been made available to the Broncos in the first half of July.

There is a (final?) opportunity to get momentum at Plough Lane. A nine weeks period as follows
- 6th August - Away
- 12th August - Wembley Final ! (it is realistically possible)
- 20th August - Halifax
- 27th August - Whitehaven
- 3rd September - Away
- 10th September - Widnes
- 17th September - Bradford
- 24th September - Keighley

6 matches in 9 weeks. A good set of opposition, no obvious stuffings. Two or three teams with good away followings. Nice time of year weather wise. A mix of school holiday and term time.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player656
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jbuzza "It seems obvious from the squads assembled that Hughes has written off all the seasons leading upto the IMG restucturing. By showing no ambition to get promoted on the field Hughes shows contempt for longstanding fans and limits the ability to attract new ones. London needs a competitive side to stand any chance of growing the fan base.'"

The club moves to PL, goes part time and puts out the weakest Broncos team I have seen and suffer a series of defeats.
Their stated aim of growing the crowd to 5K was and is a delusion. As jbuzza says, to grow the fan base, the club needs a very competitive team and also, proper promotion. hell, they cannot even do decent Social Media at the moment.
It is a sad state of affairs. With very little possibility as I see it, of it ever improving.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player1941
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Smithers99 "Newcastle and Toulouse will be played at Ebbsfleet as Plough Lane doesn't appear to have been made available to the Broncos in the first half of July.

There is a (final?) opportunity to get momentum at Plough Lane. A nine weeks period as follows
- 6th August - Away
- 12th August - Wembley Final ! (it is realistically possible)
- 20th August - Halifax
- 27th August - Whitehaven
- 3rd September - Away
- 10th September - Widnes
- 17th September - Bradford
- 24th September - Keighley

6 matches in 9 weeks. A good set of opposition, no obvious stuffings. Two or three teams with good away followings. Nice time of year weather wise. A mix of school holiday and term time.'"

Ah yes I had forgotten we are off to Kent. It seems to me then that the gap between York game and the rest is a bit too big unless we get to Wembley. If we do they summon what resources they have and really push. If not Halifax is the game to target - they will bring fans especially if we liaise the and explain where people can park etc. It is however a difficult game. If we mess it up we are back to zero again.

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player234No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Interesting contrast between our two PNG internationals against Fev. I thought Emmanuel ran his blood to water and for a big bloke he certainly got battered around. Came up with some errors, but mostly from trying hard to impact the game, so I can accept that. Came off injured at the end so fingers crossed nothing serious, as we need his presence.

Wellington on the other hand, I'm not sure we have really seen the best of so far this season. For somebody whose strength is supposed to be his offloading, he's making some really poor decisions. I wouldn't say he is even our most impactful forward at the minute either, Marcus, Jordan and Lewis are all playing more consistently.

A bit unfair to single him out perhaps and there were plenty who made errors yesterday, but as one of our overseas signings and I assume one of our bigger earners, he needs to have more impact. Not sure I would look to extend him and he seems to have maybe mentally ticked the 'heading back down under' box.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player1941
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Knocker_White "Interesting contrast between our two PNG internationals against Fev. I thought Emmanuel ran his blood to water and for a big bloke he certainly got battered around. Came up with some errors, but mostly from trying hard to impact the game, so I can accept that. Came off injured at the end so fingers crossed nothing serious, as we need his presence.

Wellington on the other hand, I'm not sure we have really seen the best of so far this season. For somebody whose strength is supposed to be his offloading, he's making some really poor decisions. I wouldn't say he is even our most impactful forward at the minute either, Marcus, Jordan and Lewis are all playing more consistently.

A bit unfair to single him out perhaps and there were plenty who made errors yesterday, but as one of our overseas signings and I assume one of our bigger earners, he needs to have more impact. Not sure I would look to extend him and he seems to have maybe mentally ticked the 'heading back down under' box.'"

Yes I agree. I had thought it was henry that picked up a knock but agreed Wayne worked hard. I’m not sure Albert is doing big minutes and when he is on I’m not sure he’s pulling up trees either. Some one was making some pretty dodgy offload decision, not sure who it was Albert or Waine. The problem is we are a bit one dimensional so I wouldn’t want to discourage the practice but the execution needs to be better. We coughed up too much ball. And the there was our ‘attempts’ to stop the long distance second try. Very poor that.

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player234No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Whilst our Elite 1 recruitment wasn't necessarily the most successful last season, possibly still a cheap and easy way of bolstering our squad once players become available at the end of May. I doubt any of those named, outside the Catalans players, will be in with a shout of a Super League deal.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/fr ... ague-moves
Whilst our Elite 1 recruitment wasn't necessarily the most successful last season, possibly still a cheap and easy way of bolstering our squad once players become available at the end of May. I doubt any of those named, outside the Catalans players, will be in with a shout of a Super League deal.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/fr ... ague-moves

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player1941
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Knocker_White "Whilst our Elite 1 recruitment wasn't necessarily the most successful last season, possibly still a cheap and easy way of bolstering our squad once players become available at the end of May. I doubt any of those named, outside the Catalans players, will be in with a shout of a Super League deal.

Would make sense and fit with our anyone but from the North policy. However, I suspect we may just not bother. Remember we have to find a new ground and one thing at a time is the way we like to do things. Let’s leave recruitment to one minute before next season starts.

164 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
164 posts in 12 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.09033203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
WHO IS NEXT
Once were Lo
47m
This site is crap
ALAW
47m