FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > London Broncos > Wes Naiqama to London?
92 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: BroncOnIon "Wow! He must have spent a few quid at Companies House:

Nope.....I have a breakdown of where every penny was wasted at the club. How little was spent on Marketing....how much we received each year from the RFL, the incredible amount spent on "administration". I can assure you, the arrangement that Blake Solly thrashed out with AK to get us to fulfil our 2014 fixtures in SL was sweetened with a "marketing budget" and if you look carefully at the releases at the time, was rolled out as a 1 year deal with a 2nd year option....the option has not been taken by AK/The Hive and therefore the club is having to re-negotiate the deal. I admitted that my "homeless" comment in the thread about this earlier in the year was a "worst case" scenario, but chances are if we stay at the Hive we will be paying the same rent (or more) than we did at The Stoop.

A bribe/an incentive/a sweetner......call it what you want SR. The fact is it was used to get us into a home for 13 more games before the licence expired.

RankPostsTeam
International Star398No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"People use statistics the way a drunk uses a lamp post - for support not illumination":

If TK freely admitted to receiving a marketing budget then he didn't do a very good job of keeping the bribe a secret. Unless of cause it wasn't a bribe but a marketing budget.
The question is where is your evidence that this marketing budget is the reason for a possible renegotiation of Broncos stay because so far I've seen nothing to back this up. Don't you think poor attendances and relegation might have more to do with the relationship between Hive and Broncos?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: meliferra "If TK freely admitted to receiving a marketing budget then he didn't do a very good job of keeping the bribe a secret. Unless of cause it wasn't a bribe but a marketing budget. '"

Yep...because the other 13 stadiums owners all received the same "marketing budget" didn't they? icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif
I was the first to report the marketing budget on here.....what you soccer types knew isn't important.
2015's top 4 is dependant on a number of things........but if we start with the 900k to spend on players and not rent, then top 4. As for the end of 2015........unless a SL club implode and we are promoted, we are financially buggered!
I was right about Hughes being out of his depth. I was right about MacKay being useless. I was right about the exact rent at the stoop and the lack of need to move. I was right about the name change making no difference to either our average attendance or our attraction to investment. I was right about the club not having a clue how o market itself. I was right about Oyster card holders not being the best use of resource. I was right about relegation. I was right about points deficit/attendances. I was right (and first) to post on RL forums about the marketing sweetener bribey thing.....how vague do you want me to be? icon_lol.gif
If I am wrong about 2015's arrangements, then I will be the first to hold my hands up....see above for my track record as to being wrong! curtain.gif

I repeat.....the rental/landlord-tenant/administrative duties arrangement for 2014 is not the model moving into 2015. Jesus wept.......AK closed half the stadium after just 2 home games....he was appalled at the poor crowds back in March, but you carry on thinking that the Broncos will have a free home if it makes you feel better... d040.gif d040.gif d040.gif d040.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star128
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: gutterfax "Great Post.....
I am right
I was right......unlike some on here who though we stood a snowballs. As a soccer fan, you had no opinion back in Feb! HTH.
I was right until BMcD rested his entire pack and 6/7......and you fail to mention the points against
Drone

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: Thecranewife "Drone'"

To know that someone has gone to the trouble of creating a persona purely to follow me about, is I believe, the sincerest form of flattery......keep up the good work icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star398No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"People use statistics the way a drunk uses a lamp post - for support not illumination":

Thanks for the flattery, nice to know that you still think you are right because you say so and not due to
a. Changing story when more information available
b. Offering sufficient number of stories that one has to be right
c. Blatant fronting of unsupported claims

' you fail to mention the points against = lowest crowd?'
Why such pride in such an irrelevant stats amongst your many? Did that one give you more pleasure?, What about the other claims like sub 1000 crowd conveniently brushed under the carpet because you were wrong. I am only commenting on the points you claim to have got right and yet there are still gaps in your assessment of how right or wrong you are for all to see.

Love the 'What you soccer types knew wasn't important' as it just shows that you are so egotistical that you think you have a monopoly on being right. There is plenty in what you claim to be right I would still take issue with but it's clear you cant see another view of the world so I'd be wasting my breath (and fingers).

I think we have agreed that the model going forward will not be the model of 2014 and just show me where I have said Broncos have a free home? It's as invented as the claim that TK expects to receive MORE money that he received in 2014. What I think you should be saying is that if Broncos take ticketing in-house then TK will expect payment from Broncos instead of ticket revenue (But that's not quite as sensationalist as claiming TK wants a rent increase is it)

The point is you can't yet be wrong or right about 2015 because you haven't really said what it is. So far we have assumption from you because you have heard that 2015 is being renegotiated. I'm sure as the weeks pass then your story will evolve like the dropping of the claim that Broncos may not be staying at the Hive 2015 because it became blatantly obvious to all that this one was unsustainable.

So ignoring your dalek like screams that you are right, what do I have.

A poster who claims Broncos future at the Hive isn't secure
A Broncos general manager and TK who say it is.
A Poster who says TK will receive money from Broncos and Broncos will take ticketing in house.
A Broncos general manager who says they had no Admin staff in 2014 and relied on the Hive but are beginning to put a proper team together for 2015.

So what's the truth in all this. Based on what's available it's clear that Broncos have moved to a more independent footing as the manager has said, but I find it unlikely that they have uncoupled themselves completely from the Hive ticketing system and the Hive ticket office ( I just can't see any benefits to either party). The only way we will know the true ins and outs is whether tickets remain available through venuetoolbox, members are told their membership will not continue (as it's payable to the Hive) and whether the new season ticket (or whatever it may be ) is payable to London Broncos and not the Hive.

None of these things that I have asked for before believing the word of GF have yet come to fruition so I will not accept the unsupported word of one man.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I do believe in an earlier thread you stated we are homeless next year, now you are stating we are re negotiating next year at the Hive, make your mind up!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6809
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18302_1567366773.png
[b:1crbsr9w] Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021! Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022! [/b:1crbsr9w]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18302.png

Does anyone on this thread want to discuss Waisele Ligani Naiqama?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2359No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44227_1315514791.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44227.jpg

Quote: JEAN CAPDOUZE "Does anyone on this thread want to discuss Waisele Ligani Naiqama?'"

Ok, he's got a top notch missus icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: mickyb1234 "I do believe in an earlier thread you stated we are homeless next year, now you are stating we are re negotiating next year at the Hive, make your mind up!'"

The homeless comment was a worst case scenario. The club are still negotiating the 2015 arrangement and homelessness is still a possibility.

92 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
92 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1552734375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Reserves Grand Final
Stu M
0m
Whitehaven
BackSeatCoac
15m