Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11234_1367172126.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11234.jpeg

Quote: rosetintedspecs "Chris -dont judge people by standards you assume to be true. I resigned from my job because I knew I was no longer able to put in the hours and the mileage needed as it was all getting too much for me. I knew my standards were a lot higher than what I could carry on giving and felt it was not acceptable to take a large salary when the commitment could no longer be there. Illness prevented the total effort needed to carry on at that level. My employers were extremely reluctant to let me go but with negotiation on both sides common sense prevailed and I was released. I took a job with half the responsibility and half the wages and I still have a mortgage. I am not cash rich, I do still have family living at home, I do have another job becasue I went out and sought one where my abilities and energy would be better used. I did leave behind the possibility of a larger pension that I will now receive on retirement but I have pride and I would not want to be remembered as the person who got a salary for nothing. The hard work I had put in for over 30 years at work would not have been remembered only the failures would have been recalled. RP should be out there looking for another job as he cannot do the job he is paid to do.

And whoever said this is the worst recession in living memory has not lived very long, there has been far worse. Try the 1926 general strike, try the war years, try the early 50's when people were still on rationing after the war, try the early seventies when three day weeks and general strikes prevailed. Worst recession - I dont think so. Dont use this as an excuse for RP not getting out there and finding another job.

I doubt his arm was pushed firmly up his back when he accepted the job, he should have known he was not up to it and quit while he was ahead. I do not dislike the man, I do not wish him any harm, but I do object to him having a job he cannot do and getting a good salary for it. He is bringing the club down and it needs to stop.'"

Then I commend for you your actions, which were very brave and maybe not everyone is quite so brave.

You will surely have to accept that your actions would be a huge minority, possibly of one on here. I think calling a man spinless because he has not followed the path you chose to take is out of order.

Clearly you had a very strong spine to do wht you done but that doesnt't make the rest of us spineless because most of us would wait to be pushed and have their contract paid up rather than jump and get nothing. Those really are the facts of life aren't they

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach259No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

When did I call him spineless?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner180No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2015Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4951_1338756386.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4951.jpg

Quote: rosetintedspecs "When did I call him spineless?'"

You didn't mate. It was Lister, the drinking man's Baldrick.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach805No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11234_1367172126.jpeg

Quote: rosetintedspecs "When did I call him spineless?'"

When did I say that YOU did call him spineless ?

I said that I think calling a man spineless for not resigning was out of order. As you know you never did say that but Dave Lister did

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member20315No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2760_1608132744.jpg
[quote="king warrior":2yifc012]Dave do us a favour and gtfo you wopper[/quote:2yifc012]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2760.jpg

And when did I say that?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach805No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11234_1367172126.jpeg

Quote: Dave Lister "And when did I say that?'"

Thursday 24 May at 1.50pm on this very thread

Quote: Dave Lister "There is life beyond losing your job you know. And life outside Rugby League.

The bloke is spineless and there is a good chance he will go down in history as the man who dragged a club with 30 years of history into the abyss, upsetting a number of passionate supporters. Some won't just shrug their shoulders and go and watch London Skolars when their team is taken away from them. But hey, as long as Powell is collecting 9 months worth of salary, the clubs existence and its supporters are just a minor consideration.'"

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member20315No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2760_1608132744.jpg
[quote="king warrior":2yifc012]Dave do us a favour and gtfo you wopper[/quote:2yifc012]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2760.jpg

No, your post claimed that I had called him spineless for not resigning. I haven't posted anything of the sort.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach105No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013Oct 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I personally wouldn't call him spineless, the same as I wouldn't boo my own team regardless of how pathetic they are going. Thats just my opinion but I suppose when your employement is in professional sport then you are putting yourself in the firing line.

I have, however, lost any respect that I had for Powell, but not because he wont resign. We have been getting smashed week in week out and the only real change that he has made was putting Dorn on the bench and then dropping him the last few weeks, along with Sarginson for one week. Now I know Dorn has been very ordinary and I have no problems with him being dropped but we appear to have no structure in defence or attack and Powells answer is to drop the fullback.

That is until Dave Hughes announces a review into the whole set up and the very next week Powell makes the most changes he has to the team all year. Again no problems with him making changes, but it appears that he has only done that now that his neck is on the line,,,,rather than back in round 5, 6 or 7 when we may have still had some chance of salvaging the season (to a degree) and I think that's disgraceful.

Powell has put himself into the position where he deserves nothing better than to be shown the door as soon as possible.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach259No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Everyone on here who supports Powell for whatever their reasons are should stop and ask themselves do they have the same pity and feeling for the older players who will never get another job after this year, he has killed their earning potential - no one would ever want them. These people should ask themselves what is going to happen to the youngsters when none of the bigger teams will look at them, yes we want to keep them but they deserve a chance in the big time should opportunity come knocking. RP is responsible no matter how you look at it, he took a job he is not up to, he is sticking with the job instead of walking, he has killed the skills of older and younger players alike. The older players came with great references and proven results, the younger players left Phil Jones with amazing skills for such young kids, the ones in the middle are all the old crocks he should not have kept players who are past their best and injury prone like Randall and Karl Tamata (and I think Karl is one of the best blokes around but again he is too injury prone to have been kept). This is a business and there is no sentiment in buisiness. Does anyone truely have any respect for Powell when it would appear even the team have lost both face and faith

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach577No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47232_1397587565.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47232.png

The worse thing about having had McDermott-Powell and Powell-Tawhai is that they will have left behind very little to inherit for the next manager. There is a mixture of Tony Rea's overseas signings well past their best in their early 30s and still contracted for at least another year and a half, pension top-up players, injury prone British players and a lot of London trained players whose tackling is not up to Super League standard. I would suggest that Kaufusi, Robertson and Gower are real assets as are Dixon and Cook. There is also more talent within Sargy and Dorn than we are seeing and stalwarts like Chris Melling and Tony Clubb are good team men. There are also players like Lamont and Rob Thomas who have been banished but have a lot of heart. But I'd find it hard to agree with anyone who says that the majority of our overseas players are better than Louie, Will Sharp, Andy Ellis, Wilko, Luke Gale etc. The legacy left is a worse team than they started with. I wish we could start the rebuilding process which will take years but needs to start. I view Powell as a kind of demolition ball blundering at each step and I will stay away from all day trips to see the club away until the club respects supporters with a competent and professional coach. Sacking the commercial and marketing managers is not going to change the core product. But I see this review as a kind of fobbing off process which leaves everyone other than David Hughes, Gus and Powell as ok so I will loosen my support for now. Home games only till they act.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4799No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2021Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif
Freedom for supporters of the government, only for members of one party - however numerous they may be - is no freedom at all. freedom is always and exclusively for one who thinks differently. Rosa Luxemburg, 'Die russiche Revolution'.:Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif

Quote: Simon M "It was Lister, the drinking man's Baldrick.'"

icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach707No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/g24.gif
:Others/g24.gif

What is frustrating is that he can't see the problem.. at no point that I can recap has Powell come out and stated his plan. We're like a plastic bag in the wind......going where ever the breeze takes us. There is no structure or greater plan...what is our target finish this season? What is the next step of progression?

Watching the Cats game just wound me up. I love London and of course will continue to support them....but we just don't seem to have any patterns. It's one out football....but even worse than that...we don't even offer a support runner. The attacking structure is just plain awful. It is just so sad that we dont' seem to have any tactical pattern.

Powell needs support from an experienced mentor very quickly...his track record is proof he isn't up to it alone.

I just wish he'd come out and state what the greater plan is....so we can at least try and buy into it!

We're like Harlequins RU 4 or so years ago....rubbish and at the foot of the table (probably would get relegated if it was still there)....I can see we're giving youth a chance so hopefully this will benefit us in 4/5 years time....but without a strong manager with a game plan...I fear we'll just be saying the same thing then!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach707No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/g24.gif
:Others/g24.gif

Oh and tackling and the speed of our game is just depressing....at no point in the Cats game did we create an overlap...I think that says it all.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2259No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59709_1306485067.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59709.jpg

We tried to spread the ball at times and run out of players and ending up turning back inside-It was comical watching them try and put a backs move on.

We are utter rubbish and he is useless as a coach.

I just cannot imagine him trying to motivate trg sessions, make them interesting, raise the intensity of training, communicate plans, improve small areas in sessions- nothing

He sits high up in the stand emotionless-Im bamboozled by what he brings to the club.

Sargeson, Channing and Caro one side of Defence. Who the hell is helping them out with experience. Why not drop Robertons in to centre to lead the right quartet and put Dorn in at fullback or something like that, or put an experience back rower over there.

The rotation of Hooker-Witt for 36 mins til he misses touch from a penalty then whipped of, Randall for 44 mins - hmmmm

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: Hear Ye! "We're like Harlequins RU 4 or so years ago....rubbish and at the foot of the table (probably would get relegated if it was still there)....I can see we're giving youth a chance so hopefully this will benefit us in 4/5 years time....but without a strong manager with a game plan...I fear we'll just be saying the same thing then!'"

2 Words for you......

[sizeDEAN RICHARDS[/size
Like him or loathe him, players that I have met who played with and for him, say that he is a true leader.

The same can't be said about the current Head Coach at London Broncos RLFC icon_biggrin.gifEPRESSED:

Quins Unon have gone from the basement with crowds of 3,000 to the top with gates of 14,800 in the same time that we have;

PLAYED 178
WON 58
DRAWN 5
LOST 114
SCORED 3539
CONCEDED 5197
DIFFERENCE -1658
Gone from 4,917 fans to 2,878 icon_rolleyes.gif

One club saw the benefit of promotion and marketing as well as actively networking and re-establishing links with the City of London........the other has stumbled from farce to fiasco..........can you guess which one is which?

53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.11572265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
ComeOnYouUll
Recent
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM