JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We understand things did not work in Twickenham for whatever reason, so to admit when something has gone wrong and to try a new location with new staff could be something that is needed I reckon.

The facilities at The Hive are some of the best even than some SL clubs have which has been said by Matt Cook in a recent video; @1:10 www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDQ4RUgEMyE

Plus there seems like a natural curiosity from the local community www.times-series.co.uk/sport/110 ... ommunity_/ which we need to hit hard and welcome in by being positive to a fresh start.

With TK getting more and more interested into the game (he was erudite and down to earth on the Forum Day) perhaps his business acumen advice could be a much needed boost to our future, something that would not have happened had we stayed at The Stoop.

The Sky involvement is true in the part of Football's rise. But talking about Chelsea specifically being a World Class jugganaut after having zero history beforehand is largely due to the Russian Oligarch, which saw mass increases in fans - worldwide. Who knows if someone sees potential in us in the future especially with our great location.

TOSHIBA may have a local division, but it is still TOSHIBA emblazoned over the Barnet shirts at the moment and TOSHIBA who are going give investment for a Medical Imaging Centre at The Hive; www.times-series.co.uk/news/1101 ... ll_ground/ You can dismiss that achievment as much as you want, but I believe that is massive, for a conference club. Think what could be done with Broncos if we can convince companies of the untapped RL market right infront of them in this prime location.

Re:the RLWC, it was immense. So was the Olympics! But see how the media have forgotton about that also, and that was 10x more successful in terms of Super Saturday etc...The RLWC impacted a lot of curious fans, just by that ONE game I feel, considering Challenge Cups and everything else RL related that has been on the BBC for years. However, that Tuivasa-Shek epic skill on the sideline and Shauny Johnson drama at the end along with the heart in mouth moments of Ryan Hall and the jugganaut match ups of Burgess against SBW struck a chord in neutrals/indifferent sports fans, and we need to utilize this interest.

As you said, Rolling Stones said it best "but if you TRY sometimes, you get what you need"...and right now, we need to support the team and show others this fresh start with immense facilities and a Landlord who is genuinely interested in us succeeding for his pocket (and maybe his love of the game one day - he fell in love with Barnet FC, as he could have left at any time. Maybe the same with LBRL one day) is a base we can see the London Broncos settle with firm foundations in North West London.

Misguided maybe, but aiming to speculate to accumulate? Definately. We really have been given a second chance after surviving from the abyss. Lets make this work GF. I know you want it to work, and by accentuating the positives than dwelling on the negatives will help. Lets do this Broncos! #RelentlessPositivty
We understand things did not work in Twickenham for whatever reason, so to admit when something has gone wrong and to try a new location with new staff could be something that is needed I reckon.

The facilities at The Hive are some of the best even than some SL clubs have which has been said by Matt Cook in a recent video; @1:10 www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDQ4RUgEMyE

Plus there seems like a natural curiosity from the local community www.times-series.co.uk/sport/110 ... ommunity_/ which we need to hit hard and welcome in by being positive to a fresh start.

With TK getting more and more interested into the game (he was erudite and down to earth on the Forum Day) perhaps his business acumen advice could be a much needed boost to our future, something that would not have happened had we stayed at The Stoop.

The Sky involvement is true in the part of Football's rise. But talking about Chelsea specifically being a World Class jugganaut after having zero history beforehand is largely due to the Russian Oligarch, which saw mass increases in fans - worldwide. Who knows if someone sees potential in us in the future especially with our great location.

TOSHIBA may have a local division, but it is still TOSHIBA emblazoned over the Barnet shirts at the moment and TOSHIBA who are going give investment for a Medical Imaging Centre at The Hive; www.times-series.co.uk/news/1101 ... ll_ground/ You can dismiss that achievment as much as you want, but I believe that is massive, for a conference club. Think what could be done with Broncos if we can convince companies of the untapped RL market right infront of them in this prime location.

Re:the RLWC, it was immense. So was the Olympics! But see how the media have forgotton about that also, and that was 10x more successful in terms of Super Saturday etc...The RLWC impacted a lot of curious fans, just by that ONE game I feel, considering Challenge Cups and everything else RL related that has been on the BBC for years. However, that Tuivasa-Shek epic skill on the sideline and Shauny Johnson drama at the end along with the heart in mouth moments of Ryan Hall and the jugganaut match ups of Burgess against SBW struck a chord in neutrals/indifferent sports fans, and we need to utilize this interest.

As you said, Rolling Stones said it best "but if you TRY sometimes, you get what you need"...and right now, we need to support the team and show others this fresh start with immense facilities and a Landlord who is genuinely interested in us succeeding for his pocket (and maybe his love of the game one day - he fell in love with Barnet FC, as he could have left at any time. Maybe the same with LBRL one day) is a base we can see the London Broncos settle with firm foundations in North West London.

Misguided maybe, but aiming to speculate to accumulate? Definately. We really have been given a second chance after surviving from the abyss. Lets make this work GF. I know you want it to work, and by accentuating the positives than dwelling on the negatives will help. Lets do this Broncos! #RelentlessPositivty

RankPostsTeam
International Star249No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: poplar panther "I just paid for my ticket on-line and printed it off on my printer!'"

Exactly. Same here!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: RLLDN "We understand things did not work in Twickenham for whatever reason, '"

Here is the problem I face when dealing with you lovely chaps in the optimism camp. I have no issue with your devotion and faith, but I do get riled when you make sweeping statements like this.
The rest of your post is fairly valid by the way, with Toshiba getting the shirts in exchange for the imaging units etc, although I am sure the likes of Peter Ozgood etc were household names whilst the Russian was in short pants.

Point is, the Twickenham era failed for a number of reasons, the biggest one being out of our control when the myopic RFL pulled the rug from under us...the rug being Ian Lenegan. If he'd have been allowed stay involved, the rest of the problems I am about to point out would either not have existed, or if they had, been far less of a problem than they became.

David Hughes and the RFL are not happy bedfellows. Hughes, rightly in my opinion, felt that the RFL should offer more support to him, as it is he who is essentially bankrolling THEIR expansion. That said, he does not always act with the games best interest at heart and neither does he have the business acumen as someone like Lenegan, so he will make mistakes. He is a salesman and a successful one at that, so taking advice isn't always his thing. As such.....he has employed successive CEO's who have run the business into the ground.
The residents of Twickenham were never told we had move in. Simply put, we did nothing in the way of "local" marketing, but instead made viral videos to be shown in walkabouts and handed out oyster card holders in Canary Wharf....then we offered free entry to a game in return for Facebook likes (giving us hundreds of fans in Castleford and Huddersfield) and also belatedly placed adverts with little editorial coverage in the local free sheets.

I could continue with the failings of the club at TW2, but you get the picture.....

Now, to your Brave New Dawn with hopes of attracting new fans and the potential investment they attract.

We've all heard it before......We've all seen it before and the only difference this time is that Gus has somehow managed to remove any onus of responsibility from himself, but instead, managed to get the RFL to pay the Landlord to do all the work for him. The results thus far are that the RFL seconded media guy has found the password to the website and facebook pages, but must have gone home for the weekend because it's been a tad quiet since we got murdered by the chemics and the local paper have given us some column inches.

The new landlord invests nothing, nil, nada in Barnet FC which he insists is self funding and demands that if regular fans want to save money, they subscribe to HIS way of doing things......resulting in less than spectacular sales to date.

Suddenly, blocks of 300+ seats at the Hive have become unavailable, which points to either making room for the selco banner, segregation from the 5 dozen or so salfordians, or a bulk giveaway......but I suspect that we could be looking at a very small crowd on Saturday, either way.

Nothing has changed at the club. The people charged with the important stuff are not qualified and not motivated. there is a reward available to them should they do their job, but no consequence to them if they don't.....so they won't try too hard and won't be bothered if it doesn't work......it is a recipe for failure.....failure which I am afraid to say, has become acceptable at the club.

As for on the pitch? Salford by 40!

good luck with the optimism and don't ever let b'stards like me get you down, but whatever you do, try not to look too surprised when it all turns to custard!
COYB!!!

RankPostsTeam
International Star249No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Lol, fair enough. It's through learning from our mistakes that we should progress further, and hearing the team members trying to get into the local Community and doing things which we didn't before is great to hear, as seen from that local article.

I do hope you catch a game at The Hive one day, as it would be great to reignite your passion for Broncos, which you quite clearly have. I suppose from the abyss and previous learnings, we can only get stronger. COYBs indeed pal! Lets do this!....To Hivefinity and beyond.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: RLLDN "I do hope you catch a game at The Hive one day, '"

The plan is to be there for the last game this year.....v Bradford.

RankPostsTeam
International Star249No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: gutterfax "The plan is to be there for the last game this year.....v Bradford.'"

Great stuff! Possible relegation decider :/ But keep the faith, still. Tis a funny ol' game aye.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4906No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4438_1358277234.jpg
Didn't gat an answer when I asked Radford how much he paid Stokes to save his job.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4438.jpg

Quote: RLLDN "Lol, fair enough. It's through learning from our mistakes that we should progress further, and hearing the team members trying to get into the local Community and doing things which we didn't before is great to hear, as seen from that local article.

I do hope you catch a game at The Hive one day, as it would be great to reignite your passion for Broncos, which you quite clearly have. I suppose from the abyss and previous learnings, we can only get stronger. COYBs indeed pal! Lets do this!....To Hivefinity and beyond.'"

you what?.?????. countless examples of players going into local community in the past through the organisation of Baxter, Quinny et Al - and they have been thrown out with the bath water.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: Paddock Punter "you what?.?????. countless examples of players going into local community in the past through the organisation of Baxter, Quinny et Al - and they have been thrown out with the bath water.'"

It's all a NEW DAWN........never been done before

RankPostsTeam
International Star398No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"People use statistics the way a drunk uses a lamp post - for support not illumination":

Quote: gutterfax "Suddenly, blocks of 300+ seats at the Hive have become unavailable, which points to either making room for the selco banner, segregation from the 5 dozen or so salfordians, or a bulk giveaway......but I suspect that we could be looking at a very small crowd on Saturday, either way.'"

I've seen this before for friendly games. I think your guesses are not far off.

There will be no segregation, I suspect the group in block E are those tickets sent to Salford.

The whole of block D disappearing from sale is likely to be for three reasons.
1. Enough people have bought tickets in the block to make it look reasonably full so TK wants us to buy seats online elsewhere in the ground to spread the crowd.
2. Reserve a few seats for late uptake of membership, These seats will be available for general sale on the day.
3. Ensure premium seats are available to buy on the gate.

Before Block D was taken off general sale I think around 250 had been sold in that block.

RankPostsTeam
International Star248No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Neville Davies "Hello Rascal Bongo Stork. Great Name! Yes we have a few D--- H---- But please pass on my thanks to your brother for this great inspiration for the game due to his view's on Salford.'"

don't take it out on the poor Broncos. They were the words of an Oldhamer icon_smile.gif
Enjoy your trip and your two points!

RankPostsTeam
International Star249No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: gutterfax "It's all a NEW DAWN........never been done before'"

NEVER SAID it wasn't done before, but to do it so early at our new home bodes well. Keep the positivity going lads.

RankPostsTeam
International Star249No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Paddock Punter "you what?.?????. countless examples of players going into local community in the past through the organisation of Baxter, Quinny et Al - and they have been thrown out with the bath water.'"

You what??? Was it done within a week without even having a full squad after a possible administration? #GlassHalfFull

TMF
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach633
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17719.jpg
:17719.jpg

Quote: RLLDN "
Quote: RLLDN "you what?.?????. countless examples of players going into local community in the past through the organisation of Baxter, Quinny et Al - and they have been thrown out with the bath water.'"

You what??? Was it done within a week without even having a full squad after a possible administration? #GlassHalfFull'"

Are you joking? The article says that the players can't get food at Underhill so walk to the local butty shop to get a feed.

The Foundation, may it rest in peace, was the biggest provider of curricular and extra-curricular sports in Richmond, Kingston and north Surrey and second only to the Football League Trust-funded Brentford FC in Hounslow. The schools programme was the biggest outside West Yorkshire, the staff and the programmes won numerous awards and the results of the schools and community club system fed through into the academy which a load of local kids play Super League. Every school in the London Borough of Richmond played Rugby League. They coached RL to about 40k kids a year, ran women & girls programmes, learning difficulties, young offenders, holiday camps and got the first southern winners of a national Rugby League schools competition.

(They also had data on and routes into all these people, passed on to the club who then did absolutely nothing about getting them to games as paying customers as Gus didn't believe in it).

The article you linked to says that some players bought some sandwiches and were asked who they were. How on earth are you comparing the two? What was disbanded in West London will take 5-10 years to rebuild in Barnet. That's a lot of buying sandwiches.

RankPostsTeam
International Star249No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: TMF "Are you joking? The article says that the players can't get food at Underhill so walk to the local butty shop to get a feed.

The Foundation, may it rest in peace, was the biggest provider of curricular and extra-curricular sports in Richmond, Kingston and north Surrey and second only to the Football League Trust-funded Brentford FC in Hounslow. The schools programme was the biggest outside West Yorkshire, the staff and the programmes won numerous awards and the results of the schools and community club system fed through into the academy which a load of local kids play Super League. Every school in the London Borough of Richmond played Rugby League. They coached RL to about 40k kids a year, ran women & girls programmes, learning difficulties, young offenders, holiday camps and got the first southern winners of a national Rugby League schools competition.

(They also had data on and routes into all these people, passed on to the club who then did absolutely nothing about getting them to games as paying customers as Gus didn't believe in it).

The article you linked to says that some players bought some sandwiches and were asked who they were. How on earth are you comparing the two? What was disbanded in West London will take 5-10 years to rebuild in Barnet. That's a lot of buying sandwiches.'"

Are YOU joking? Of course they''re not comparable. This is nothing to do with foundation visits or setting up school visits. This is merely talking about the players mingling with the public, not on designated school visits but your average joe on the street who couldn't give a rats about RL. It's all Arsenal,Spurs, Chelsea,Watford,Barnet and QPR around North West London. So to see a set of pro players go for the average butty, is the tiniest of indications that the players are getting out there WHILST the foundation is being set up. Jheeze, we need to think forward, not constantly sniping at every opportunity.

TMF
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach633
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2017Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17719.jpg
:17719.jpg

OK. I thought you were in some way suggesting that we had a new and effective community development programme rather than just talking about player appearances.

I still, however, fail to share your optimism around how players buying a butty in the high street constitutes 'getting out there'. God forbid their wives might start to make their sandwiches. We'd be back to being invisible.

100 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
100 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.44384765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
WHO IS NEXT
Once were Lo
26m
This site is crap
ALAW
26m