FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > London Broncos > Travelling support for sunday........
59 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
LU2
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman585No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wilderspool memories "Well I am not arguing but you get 3,000 at home and 50 fans away for a club that under many different names is now 30 years old. Face facts. It isn't working fellas.
It clearly isn't but don't tell our benefactors at sky who no doubt have already noticed that one of the so called expansionist teams have headed back to the heartlands because if they find out it will almost certainly mean that the sport will regress to what it was, a semi professional sport served exclusively up to a small minority of flat capped Muppets along the M62 corridor rarely to be seen on TV again. My apologies to our friends in the south of France who incidentally wear flat caps too icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7392No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20337_1416501684.jpg
Mac out!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_20337.jpg

Quote: "Well I am not arguing but you get 3,000 at home and 50 fans away for a club that under many different names is now 30 years old. Face facts. It isn't working fellas.
'"

Ive stood in Wilderspool on many occasions with only 3000 other people there after 100 years-enjoy your luck of having Moran on board-without him the council would have seen you down the drain with the debts and derelict stadium

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: Wilderspool memories "Well I am not arguing but you get 3,000 at home and 50 fans away for a club that under many different names is now 30 years old. Face facts. It isn't working fellas. Define Working please.
If you mean home fans, I agree, not working.
Away fans, I disagree (you clock up 5,000+ miles and twice as many pounds following your team each season before you are qualified to speak on that one. Not relevant anyway as points aren't awarded for away fans.
Development ...sorry, but that is working with 2 cockney England Internationals and 5 cockneys on the park last Sunday.
Growth of the game.....Working. Rugby League is growing at a rapid rate down here....Londons Newest Club, the Phantoms have just started training near West Ham.
Stadium......one of the best places to watch Rugby of either code (not my words, but those of visiting fans) Working
Finances? Tough one this. Branson left us in the lurch and we almost paid the ultimate price in 2005, but we have Mr Hughes who is currently willing to bail us out, so we tick that box.....just!

Every time I answer one of these sweeping "it's not working posts" it would seem that the only argument against London RL would be our fans.......for which, we lose 2 licence points....unless I am missing something....

Anyway, how many Young, current England intrnationals do wire currently have...especially ones that are a product of your own regional system or academy? over 100 years and no current internationals? Have to say, it's not working fella icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach988No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5445-3661prettyflower-msnicons.jpg
Parry Gordon's passes,Les Boyd's strong runs,Mike Gregory's workrate,Des Drummond's tries,Jonathan Davies' sheer genius...........oh,and Alan Rathbone's punches! All memories of the legendary venue which was Wilderspool stadium. Gone maybe,but never,ever forgotten. Warrington 15,Australia 12.:icons077e_files/5445-3661prettyflower-msnicons.jpg

Quote: gutterfax "Define Working please.
If you mean home fans, I agree, not working.
Away fans, I disagree (you clock up 5,000+ miles and twice as many pounds following your team each season before you are qualified to speak on that one. Not relevant anyway as points aren't awarded for away fans.
Development ...sorry, but that is working with 2 cockney England Internationals and 5 cockneys on the park last Sunday.
Growth of the game.....Working. Rugby League is growing at a rapid rate down here....Londons Newest Club, the Phantoms have just started training near West Ham.
Stadium......one of the best places to watch Rugby of either code (not my words, but those of visiting fans) Working
Finances? Tough one this. Branson left us in the lurch and we almost paid the ultimate price in 2005, but we have Mr Hughes who is currently willing to bail us out, so we tick that box.....just!

Every time I answer one of these sweeping "it's not working posts" it would seem that the only argument against London RL would be our fans.......for which, we lose 2 licence points....unless I am missing something....

Anyway, how many Young, current England intrnationals do wire currently have...especially ones that are a product of your own regional system or academy? over 100 years and no current internationals? Have to say, it's not working fella So home fans you agree it's not working? Good.
Away fans. I travel to every away game Warrington play in and have also visited america and australia to watch them play. If your fans were truly intersted,the milage wouldn't matter,so that's that point put to bed. I wouldn't dream of missing a wires away game,if they were playing on the moon I would get there. The same can't be said for your fans......sorry.(So I am actually "qualified" to speak on that one!).
Ground. Yes a nice ground but lacks atmosphere. We had over 11,500 on sunday with only a handful of away support. Could you match that when we play at your place in september? I doubt it.
Finances. Okay like us you have someone who is putting his own cash in and will bail you out when the going gets tough. That's fine we are equal there then!
Youth and academy setup. Warrington's is one of the finest in the country and John Bastian and Peter Farrell do a sterling job,persuading many young players to join warrington despite interest from saints,leeds,wigan,etc. For full internationals,if you look at the number of full internationals we have produced over the last 20 years it's considerably more than your club has produced,so indeed this time it's you that is "not qualified" to comment on that one! Finally,if your club is doing as well as you claim across the board,why can't you attract larger crowds? One reason maybe is that you have always played in a union stronghold(london)where league is viewed as the enemy. In the north league and union exist side by side with no animosity from one code to the other. We no longer wear flat caps and are certainly not muppets as we have the willpower,ability and desire to respect a rival code of rugby in our area and realise that people have freedom of choice and may wish to support union as well as or instead of league. When I drank in the wetherspoons pub in Twickenham once and chatted with the locals I realised the feeling wasn't mutual. They were all football or union fans who loathed league with a passion. Tell someone in that pub you have played or are about to play harlequins and they talk union to you! Most of them don't even know the league side exists! Sorry if this makes unpleasant reading but it's very true in my opinion.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: Wilderspool memories "So home fans you agree it's not working? Good.
Away fans. I travel to every away game Warrington play in and have also visited america and australia to watch them play. If your fans were truly intersted,the milage wouldn't matter,so that's that point put to bed. I wouldn't dream of missing a wires away game,if they were playing on the moon I would get there. The same can't be said for your fans......sorry.(So I am actually "qualified" to speak on that one!)..'"

Oh dear....you missed the last bit...away fans don't count on the licence application. Oh, 5,000+ miles with 9 games away confirmed on Friday nights...so days off work as well as all the other logistical nightmares like trains all apparently being solar powered north of Watford.....ie...they stop running when the sun goes down

Quote: Wilderspool memories "Ground. Yes a nice ground but lacks atmosphere. We had over 11,500 on sunday with only a handful of away support. Could you match that when we play at your place in september? I doubt it.
Finances. Okay like us you have someone who is putting his own cash in and will bail you out when the going gets tough. That's fine we are equal there then!.'"

The point you were referring to was the ground, not the atmosphere or crowd numbers....please pay attention. As for finance, we are both in trouble if the sugar daddies get bored or burnt.

Quote: Wilderspool memories "Youth and academy setup. Warrington's is one of the finest in the country and John Bastian and Peter Farrell do a sterling job,persuading many young players to join warrington despite interest from saints,leeds,wigan,etc. For full internationals,if you look at the number of full internationals we have produced over the last 20 years it's considerably more than your club has produced,so indeed this time it's you that is "not qualified" to comment on that one!'"

CURRENT......means recent...you know, last 2 or 3 seasons. With 100+ years of history I would expect you to have loads of England international players...but a bit thin on the ground at the moment wouldn't you agree?

Quote: Wilderspool memories "Finally,if your club is doing as well as you claim across the board,why can't you attract larger crowds? One reason maybe is that you have always played in a union stronghold(london)where league is viewed as the enemy. In the north league and union exist side by side with no animosity from one code to the other. We no longer wear flat caps and are certainly not muppets as we have the willpower,ability and desire to respect a rival code of rugby in our area and realise that people have freedom of choice and may wish to support union as well as or instead of league. When I drank in the wetherspoons pub in Twickenham once and chatted with the locals I realised the feeling wasn't mutual. They were all football or union fans who loathed league with a passion. Tell someone in that pub you have played or are about to play harlequins and they talk union to you! Most of them don't even know the league side exists! Sorry if this makes unpleasant reading but it's very true in my opinion.'"

...and as I said, it ALWAYS comes down to fans......

Feel free to reply, but unless you are going to disprove my point, which you basically just endorsed with your first reply, I wouldn't bother.

Good luck for the rest of the season...I am sure this will be THE year icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach988No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Parry Gordon's passes,Les Boyd's strong runs,Mike Gregory's workrate,Des Drummond's tries,Jonathan Davies' sheer genius...........oh,and Alan Rathbone's punches! All memories of the legendary venue which was Wilderspool stadium. Gone maybe,but never,ever forgotten. Warrington 15,Australia 12.:icons077e_files/5445-3661prettyflower-msnicons.jpg

Quote: gutterfax "Oh dear....you missed the last bit...away fans don't count on the licence application. Oh, 5,000+ miles with 9 games away confirmed on Friday nights...so days off work as well as all the other logistical nightmares like trains all apparently being solar powered north of Watford.....ie...they stop running when the sun goes down

The point you were referring to was the ground, not the atmosphere or crowd numbers....please pay attention. As for finance, we are both in trouble if the sugar daddies get bored or burnt.

CURRENT......means recent...you know, last 2 or 3 seasons. With 100+ years of history I would expect you to have loads of England international players...but a bit thin on the ground at the moment wouldn't you agree?

...and as I said, it ALWAYS comes down to fans......

Feel free to reply, but unless you are going to disprove my point, which you basically just endorsed with your first reply, I wouldn't bother.

Good luck for the rest of the season...I am sure this will be THE year I'm not going to get involved in an argument on here so will leave you with your obviously very baised opinion. Yes,this could well be THE year for us. But if you took an interest in RL other than your own club then you will know that last year was THE year for us too! We are the current challenge cup holders remember? We could well finish as super league champions too........that's a realistic goal for Warrington and therefore I am "qualified" to make such a statement. If I were you however I would now be extremely grateful that there is no relegation this season. If there was your club would be a candidate to take the big drop for sure. Good luck for the rest of the season. Boy,are you going to need it! c020.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach988No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Wilderspool memories " One reason maybe is that you have always played in a union stronghold(london)where league is viewed as the enemy. In the north league and union exist side by side with no animosity from one code to the other. We no longer wear flat caps and are certainly not muppets as we have the willpower,ability and desire to respect a rival code of rugby in our area and realise that people have freedom of choice and may wish to support union as well as or instead of league. When I drank in the wetherspoons pub in Twickenham once and chatted with the locals I realised the feeling wasn't mutual. They were all football or union fans who loathed league with a passion. Tell someone in that pub you have played or are about to play harlequins and they talk union to you! Most of them don't even know the league side exists! Sorry if this makes unpleasant reading but it's very true in my opinion.'"

Just for the record,would you care to disprove the points made in this particular section of my post?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member20315No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Jan 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2760_1608132744.jpg
[quote="king warrior":2yifc012]Dave do us a favour and gtfo you wopper[/quote:2yifc012]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2760.jpg

Quote: Wilderspool memories "Just for the record,would you care to disprove the points made in this particular section of my post?'"

Your points are ridiculous and so far wide of the mark that they do not warrant a reply. I grew up in the South and played Rugby Union. I didn't come across a single person who "loathed" League. In fact, most really enjoyed it; my mates would always watch the games on the TV, and when training, we would often play modified League rules. When playing for Maidstone, there would be people strolling around the clubhouse wearing RL shirts. One of my mates who played at quite a high level for Kent RU played League in the summer. Some of Maidstone's players turned out for Kent Ravens (who are sadly no more).

There is a huge amount of animosity towards RU on these forums - e.g. only 1 thread in RU is allowed because a large proportion of the people on this site, based in the North, can't stand it. I know of RL fans on here who hate the sports too, for historical reasons and for the fact that it is awful.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4064No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15627.gif
:15627.gif

Quote: Wilderspool memories "Just for the record,would you care to disprove the points made in this particular section of my post?'"

I think you've disproved a couple of points yourself. Firstly you say Londoners "loathe rugby league with a passion", then you say most of them don't even know the team exists which suggests complete indifference, not passion.

Obviously the immediate area of Greater London in which Quins play is a union stroghold, but London isn't "a rugby union town" it's a football town. Maybe you were unlucky to encounter a few idiots in the Westherspoon's? I've drunk in there plenty of times myself; they've often had RL games live on the television in there, and union fans often ask about our team and how we did. The general feeling I get from union fans is of a passing interest without being keen enough to get hooked, which pretty much mirrors my own feelings towards union.

The only hostility I recall on a matchday came in a pub in Putney when a moronic Fulham FC fan made some snide remarks as a couple of us walked past him in quins shirts, but i suspect he'd mistaken us for union fans in any case.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach988No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Dave Lister "Your points are ridiculous and so far wide of the mark that they do not warrant a reply. I grew up in the South and played Rugby Union. I didn't come across a single person who "loathed" League. In fact, most really enjoyed it; my mates would always watch the games on the TV, and when training, we would often play modified League rules. When playing for Maidstone, there would be people strolling around the clubhouse wearing RL shirts. One of my mates who played at quite a high level for Kent RU played League in the summer. Some of Maidstone's players turned out for Kent Ravens (who are sadly no more).

There is a huge amount of animosity towards RU on these forums - e.g. only 1 thread in RU is allowed because a large proportion of the people on this site, based in the North, can't stand it. I know of RL fans on here who hate the sports too, for historical reasons and for the fact that it is awful.'"

I'm not arguing with a couple of geezers darn sarf. icon_wink.gif You say I don't warrant a reply but go on to give one? Face facts. Professional rugby league in london never has worked in the past,isn't working now and is highly unlikely to work in the future. The stoop should be packed to the rafters every home game to watch quins play the likes of leeds,saints,warrington,wigan..........but it isn't. So one of two things is happening. Either your marketing team is absolutely abysmal and should be sacked on the spot or(and this is much more likely)the people of london just are not interested. They have been brought up on rugby union and football and just as union would never be the main sport in warrington,league will never be the main sport in the london area.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach988No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Prince of Denmark "I think you've disproved a couple of points yourself. Firstly you say Londoners "loathe rugby league with a passion", then you say most of them don't even know the team exists which suggests complete indifference, not passion.

'"

Thank you for quoting me incorrectly. I did not say "londoners"(as in the whole of london) loathe league with a passion,I was making reference to the twickenham locals. Football and union fans who expressed a deep rooted dislike of RL,to myself,in person. Others as I have said earlier when told we were there for the harlequins V warrington match asked questions about quins RU. So they had no idea quins had a RL team,and were quite surprised when told that quins have a league side at the stoop too.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman8840
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Jan 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9_1538946624.jpg
Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_9.jpg

Quote: Wilderspool memories "or(and this is much more likely)the people of london just are not interested. They have been brought up on rugby union and football and just as union would never be the main sport in warrington,league will never be the main sport in the london area.'"

Almost certainly true, but so what? do we just give up then, and why is it an issue to you?

There is a growth of playing juniors now right across the South East that did not know the game existed 10 years ago, without some kind of Premier club [does not have to be QRL] playing the sport to act as an incentive, why will they bother in the future?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach988No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Homer "Almost certainly true, but so what? do we just give up then, and why is it an issue to you?

'"

It's not an issue to me and never will be. I would like to see you do well,but doubt it will happen. A couple on here dismissed my comments as wide of the mark but you partially agree with me,so is it you and I that are reading the situation wrongly or is it others who are choosing to ignore something that is basically whacking them in the face?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman8840
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Jan 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9_1538946624.jpg
Sarcasm helps keep you from telling people what you really think of them.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_9.jpg

Quote: Wilderspool memories "It's not an issue to me and never will be. I would like to see you do well,but doubt it will happen. A couple on here dismissed my comments as wide of the mark but you partially agree with me,so is it you and I that are reading the situation wrongly or is it others who are choosing to ignore something that is basically whacking them in the face?'"

Either or neither, your choice, point is that others may be trying to make is a simple one, in terms of how to market the sport [not the club] to a massively wide different cultured audience who do not have the sport in their collective psyche is always going to be a major challenge, but not one to give up on.

With direct regards to marketing to the transient Antipodean market it has been tried many times with various success and no doubt will continue to be tried to some extent, but the issue is that there is no one size fits all solution and that can only be one part of the strategy. A lot of Aussies simply will not travel out from Shepherds bush to Twickenham to see what in their eyes [those who even like league, not all do don't forget] is an inferior game to the one they know back home played by players they have either never heard of, or were in the Jim Beam cup last time they looked. Part of the whole only.

The only proven keys are [1] stability, which we are now beginning to get after the nomadic trawls around London [2] community spirit to mirror what the sport means to those areas up North which embrace it as part of their heritage [3] success in some measure, but at least a competitve spirit on the field to make those who are trying the water, want to come back for more.

And at the moment on point 3 we are failing miserably.

Any strategy to get people to come that first time has been tried and some need to be forgotten and others tried again, but whether it's "named" dancers or singers, Irish, Aussies, football supporters, tube travellers, Union supporters et al, we need to understand that if they don't know and love the game they will not come to love it unless they see the best there is on the field week in week out, and the ever decreasing circle is that without more bums on seats, paying more into the club to enable that outcome, we struggle to progress.

Still say though does that mean we should just give up?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Sack the marketing department? We've only just got one! icon_lol.gif

Crowds seem to be the only arguement that you keep on returning to.....(see my other posts). Apart from attendances we scored points for our licence and are in SL on merit.

Yes, we may well finish last this year, the first time that will of happened in the SL era and yes, we are thankful that there is no relegation, but you miss the point. We fielded 5 Cockneys against you....that's 5 guys who were knee high to a grasshopper when SL started. 5 guys who have made a decision to play the game rather than Union or soccer. Do you think that those 5 guys, or LMS sitting in the RFL naughty Chair would be playing League if Quins/London Pro RL didn't exist? The project that is london RL is working.....just no quickly enough for your liking.

And there lies the rub! We went down the journeyman aussie route and got blasted for that....now we have a more british squad than anyone else in the comp and because we aren't immediately competitive, we get blasted for that........I suspect we could win the double, the WCC and everything else with a team all born in Mile End Hospital and SOME POSTERS would still find fault with us icon_rolleyes.gif

59 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
59 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.11328125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
23m
Rumours thread
Khlav Kalash
31m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
chapylad
45m
Film game
karetaker
Recent
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
Recent
Planning for next season
Jack Gaskell
Recent
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Exeter Rhino
Recent
Leigh it is
Warrior Wing
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
1m
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
1m
Planning for next season
Jack Gaskell
1m
Squad 2024
faxcar
1m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
chapylad
1m
Cokey
2m
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
2m
Ground Improvements
imwakefieldt
3m
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
3m
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Chris71
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
karetaker
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
Warrior Wing
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
TODAY
Must do better
Wires71
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,507 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22