Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons5b08_files/4206-1575glibber-msnicons.jpg
:icons5b08_files/4206-1575glibber-msnicons.jpg

I'm a Wigan fan but London Broncos are my second team. I'm devastated by their present predicament and hope a Koukash can come in to save them. Wigan have a great history but were going nowhere under Maurice Lyndsey and Brian Noble until Lenigan and Michael Maguire came to the club.
London had a generous owner but needed a Michael Maguire. There aren't many around, mores the pity.
Let's hope London rise from the ashes.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

My view on this is the the CEO made a major mistake when before the start of last season he stated the Broncos would move from the Stoop which in my opinion blighted the whole season. Together with a team that were under performing, or was this their limit of performance, trying to grow a home crowd was always going to be difficult. Further the CEO has alienated supporters whether it is Broncos or local RL communities to the point where the Broncos as a club are in my opinion dead. It is easy to blame the RFL but the real culprit in this debacle is the CEO and DH who I find it difficult to have bank rolled the club yet put up with individual’s charged with running of the club.
If any one person should have left the club it is the CEO who I believe has been a complete disaster and how he has managed to keep his job is beyond my comprehension. Over the last couple of year since the CEO has been around, the club has moved further and further away from the paying punters, starting with scrapping of end of game awards on the grounds it upset the players, poor scheduling of off field events such as testimonial’s and of end of season awards. For example look at this year’s end of season awards which was a classic on non-communication when fans were informed by text from players that the awards has taken place with little if any general announcement.
We then have the long running saga of the ground, alienating support from Gillingham and totally blanking the Chairman of Gillingham FC and now the rumoured move to the Hive. In my humble opinion the Broncos have been totally screwed by poor management decisions at local level and in its present management structure deserves to die. What I find sickening here is the wreckage left behind and the side lining of long standing and recently recruited fans to the cause of RL in London. The game is too important to let London die but if it does then so be it, the youth section and regional teams such as Hemel and Skolars will be left to pick up the pieces. The sooner the CEO goes the better in my opinion since I generally believe should we manage to put a team out next year I have no confidence in either seeing a competitive team, nor any trust in the management of trying to grow interest in the Broncos.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4906No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4438_1358277234.jpg
Didn't gat an answer when I asked Radford how much he paid Stokes to save his job.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4438.jpg

Quote: daftdad "My view on this is the the CEO made a major mistake when before the start of last season he stated the Broncos would move from the Stoop which in my opinion blighted the whole season. Together with a team that were under performing, or was this their limit of performance, trying to grow a home crowd was always going to be difficult. Further the CEO has alienated supporters whether it is Broncos or local RL communities to the point where the Broncos as a club are in my opinion dead. It is easy to blame the RFL but the real culprit in this debacle is the CEO and DH who I find it difficult to have bank rolled the club yet put up with individual’s charged with running of the club.
If any one person should have left the club it is the CEO who I believe has been a complete disaster and how he has managed to keep his job is beyond my comprehension. Over the last couple of year since the CEO has been around, the club has moved further and further away from the paying punters, starting with scrapping of end of game awards on the grounds it upset the players, poor scheduling of off field events such as testimonial’s and of end of season awards. For example look at this year’s end of season awards which was a classic on non-communication when fans were informed by text from players that the awards has taken place with little if any general announcement.
We then have the long running saga of the ground, alienating support from Gillingham and totally blanking the Chairman of Gillingham FC and now the rumoured move to the Hive. In my humble opinion the Broncos have been totally screwed by poor management decisions at local level and in its present management structure deserves to die. What I find sickening here is the wreckage left behind and the side lining of long standing and recently recruited fans to the cause of RL in London. The game is too important to let London die but if it does then so be it, the youth section and regional teams such as Hemel and Skolars will be left to pick up the pieces. The sooner the CEO goes the better in my opinion since I generally believe should we manage to put a team out next year I have no confidence in either seeing a competitive team, nor any trust in the management of trying to grow interest in the Broncos.'"

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif
(But I'm told the curry was good)

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4991No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jun 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/PDT19.gif
[i:11q0q8vi]Follow me on Twitter: broncoskolar@twitter.com[/i:11q0q8vi] THE KING OF BRILLIANCE- JAMES LOMAS available from: //WWW.LLPSHOP.CO.UK The UK's leading RL book publishers.:simpsons/PDT19.gif

Is this the worst way to die, slowly and with no-one knowing? A quick departure would have at least given more time for something to be rescued from the ruins.

This club is not even good at suicide.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach445No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I suspect the club has been murdered, put in the boot of a car which is parked at Heathrow by someone who headed for home.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Daffdad, probably the best post on here in an age, think it has nailed it.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: mickyb1234 "Daffdad, probably the best post on here in an age, think it has nailed it.'"

Agreed

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner789
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The fans who wouldn't take no for an answer. rlhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24458891rl. We can rebuild it!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4799No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2021Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif
Freedom for supporters of the government, only for members of one party - however numerous they may be - is no freedom at all. freedom is always and exclusively for one who thinks differently. Rosa Luxemburg, 'Die russiche Revolution'.:Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif

The problem with a trust is the wide geographical spread of our support - for something like this to succeed you really need the bulk of the support within a fairly tight radius of the club's ground. This has always been the case to certain extent with us - at Chiswick you had the Supporters' Club chairman and his wife living in Dagenham (the Snares) and the Treasurer and her husband in Bromley (the Warrens) with the club owner in Maidenhead, but now I suspect that it's much greater. In many ways the slow death approach is ideal as far as the RFL's concerned as it'll minimise bad publicity when the corpse is finally dragged away - all there'll be in the media are short paragraphs and their broadcasting equivalents saying variations on 'as expected London Broncos have folded'.

RankPostsTeam
International Star96No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Earl%20Sinclair.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Earl%20Sinclair.gif

When a club is releasing the top end of a successful 19's team who are deemed by their peers to be the best crop through the system the alarm bells surely must be ringing.
Yes ok there may be a team playing next season, but really is there any long term view?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman7155No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Patience.

We'll all find out soon enough.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach637No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35010_1365937585.jpg
(Formerly Blazingsmoke Bronco):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35010.jpg

Quote: daftdad "My view on this is the the CEO made a major mistake when before the start of last season he stated the Broncos would move from the Stoop which in my opinion blighted the whole season. Together with a team that were under performing, or was this their limit of performance, trying to grow a home crowd was always going to be difficult. Further the CEO has alienated supporters whether it is Broncos or local RL communities to the point where the Broncos as a club are in my opinion dead. It is easy to blame the RFL but the real culprit in this debacle is the CEO and DH who I find it difficult to have bank rolled the club yet put up with individual’s charged with running of the club.
We then have the long running saga of the ground, alienating support from Gillingham and totally blanking the Chairman of Gillingham FC and now the rumoured move to the Hive. In my humble opinion the Broncos have been totally screwed by poor management decisions at local level and in its present management structure deserves to die. What I find sickening here is the wreckage left behind and the side lining of long standing and recently recruited fans to the cause of RL in London. The game is too important to let London die but if it does then so be it, the youth section and regional teams such as Hemel and Skolars will be left to pick up the pieces. The sooner the CEO goes the better in my opinion since I generally believe should we manage to put a team out next year I have no confidence in either seeing a competitive team, nor any trust in the management of trying to grow interest in the Broncos.'"

Spot on sir icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4991No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jun 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/PDT19.gif
[i:11q0q8vi]Follow me on Twitter: broncoskolar@twitter.com[/i:11q0q8vi] THE KING OF BRILLIANCE- JAMES LOMAS available from: //WWW.LLPSHOP.CO.UK The UK's leading RL book publishers.:simpsons/PDT19.gif

The club is not dead (yet) but the relationship with the fans is. Any resuscitation must also have a renewal of the fan-club relationship. Without that it will have become the soulless franchise so hated by all true sports fans. The club has survived a lot in its history but this is the biggest challenge.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4958No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1649_1338292262.jpg
I have followed the LONDON CLUB since I was in my teensl even though born in St Helens and still live nearby and went to the first game at Fulham, also Big West Ham Supporter:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1649.jpg

We can't have a re-birth until the ground and area is finally confirmed, then that area and a surrounding radius has to be blitzed, we have to get involved with someone like Capital FM, Smooth or Magic. BBC Radio London do a great job with coverage but I'm not convinced it will bring in the people we want.

RankPostsTeam
International Star493No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2015Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59557_1382007315.jpg
I always am and always ever will 100% Hull K.R:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59557.jpg

Quote: Blazingsmoke Blue "Spot on sir
Hi hull kr fan here In peace my heart does genuinely go out to you hull kr been through dark times ourselves. Can I ask a question who is your ceo please.

128 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
128 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.287109375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
Kevin Turvey
6m
Grand final Tickets
JIMMY MAGNET
10m