JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: meliferra "I don't think guessing at ticket revenue and ignoring costs is really going to answer the question.'"

I didn't guess the cost of tickets, I simply used the plan of the stadium and then worked out how many members there were.

What I did do, was model a scenario where 70% of the PAYING attendees did so as adults at the lowest published price. I also factored in 36% of the attendees getting in for nothing.....but you roll out the kids and pensioners as some sort of magic number?

Basically put, if I take 100 of the 70% and crunch them as 50% discounted attendees, to go with the 36% on a freebie, then AK has still seen/will see in excess of £200,000 this year at the gate......not counting any residual income from beer and food sales or the shop, parking or any of the other tickets he clips. This also pays no heed to his marketing stipend that the RFL gave him, which he seems to have spent on travel cards for Buck and Dusty.

Hell.....I can actually take 200 and treat them as kids and pensioners, as well as 15% Hive member discounts and he's still up over £200,000........and he's still not happy.

Therefore.....if we stay at the Hive it will be as tenants and we will be paying a rent similar or greater to that which we faced at the Stoop.

RankPostsTeam
International Star398No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"People use statistics the way a drunk uses a lamp post - for support not illumination":

I didn't say you guessed the cost of tickets. I said I thought your ticket revenue of over £300k was way off, something you now seem to be appreciating.

TK will be concerning himself with next years forecast based on expected ticket sales/costs and not making a decision based on being happy or sad on the current year. The claim that this years ticket revenue determines how much Broncos will pay next year is false.

Your last line is without any foundation and none of the assumptions that precede it actually prove the conclusion.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3934No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

You know there is one thing i am going to look forward to next year.

being able to have a thread on here talking about the forthcoming game without the obligitory post from NZ quoting a bunch of pointless percentages, previous crowds, and revenue from the previous games against that club. Their will be no stats as most clubs we will not have played against

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: meliferra "I didn't say you guessed the cost of tickets. I said I thought your ticket revenue of over £300k was way off, something you now seem to be appreciating.'"

At a tenner a ticket he's taking £160,000 this year.....at £25 a pop he's taking £400,000. I reckon he's somewhere in the middle and as I have said, I've been doing this a long time with the Broncos and I am normally right within 5%.

Quote: meliferra "TK will be concerning himself with next years forecast based on expected ticket sales/costs and not making a decision based on being happy or sad on the current year. The claim that this years ticket revenue determines how much Broncos will pay next year is false.'"

The claim is that this years ticket revenue will dictate that the club WILL PAY RENT if they want to stay and if you think that AK will accept a rent lower than his income on the gate this year, then you need to get a grip.

Quote: meliferra "Your last line is without any foundation and none of the assumptions that precede it actually prove the conclusion.'"

Just for you....if we continue to average 1,250, then 16,250 will attend all season. We paid £222,244 in rent for the Stoop in 2012. Simple maths point to £13.68 as an average ticket price for the attendees generating the GATE revenue to cover that much "rent".

Tickets at The Hive for the cheapest member (adult non pensioner) work out at £16.61. Cheapest on the day ticket (adult-non pension/no code) is £20.00. Factor in the following....
16% (200) attendees are ST/Members paying a minimum of £13.68 = £2,736
32% (400) attendees are in for nothing.... = £0.00
26% (325) attendees are paying £20.00 = £6,500
10% (125) attendees are Kids paying £5 = £625
10% (125) attendees are pensioner paying £12 = £1,500
6% (75) attendees are Hive members who have accepted the 15% discount and pay £17 = £1,275.

Now.....remember, the above is based on cheap prices. It delivers £12,636 of match-day gate receipts or £164,268. It is based on 400 freebies per game and only 325 paying full price, so is skewed to suit the agenda that AK isn't coining it in. It takes no account of spend INSIDE his venue in HIS bars and food concessions or in HIS shop either. Nobody has parked a car in HIS car Park either......

AK was adamant at the start of the year that Freebies would be limited.......I have included 32% of this years crowds as freebies. If This figure was 16% freebies and the rest paying the cheapest price (£20), then AK's revenue is up by £52,000. If I'm out by the same numbers on Kids and pensioners? Wow....another £32,500. Bugger me......there's £250,000 in ticket revenue based on 200 Members, 125 kids/pensioners, 200 freebies per game and the rest paying to sit in the cheapest corner seats........not 1 person has paid for a premium ticket.......as I say, if I am 5% out as I have been in the past......well what do you know, you have a similar figure to that we used to pay in rent to the Stoop. icon_cool.gif

Next year the club will get an average of 500 fans paying £15 each to 11 regular season games, then maybe 750 to 4 ties against SL clubs with prices at £20. There's £142,500 on the gate for 15 games.....if it costs AK more than £9,500 to open said gates, he'll charge us rent.....and he has the added bonus of Knowing that we have £900,000 of funding burning a hole in our back pockets. Downside for him is that if we do pay rent, WE set the pricing for his stadium.......you wendyball fans won't be too impressed with that icon_cool.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: mickyb1234 "You know there is one thing i am going to look forward to next year.

being able to have a thread on here talking about the forthcoming game without the obligitory post from NZ quoting a bunch of pointless percentages, previous crowds, and revenue from the previous games against that club. Their will be no stats as most clubs we will not have played against'"

No Michael......we have played a good number of the clubs in the Championship over the years and there are stats to go with them.

Your attitude is, I have to say, indicative of why the club is in the mire.......the desire to discuss the football is fine, but your constant state of denial is alarming. 2015 will be fun Michael, but don't expect it to be any better than the last few years......same owner, same , different division.

RankPostsTeam
International Star398No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"People use statistics the way a drunk uses a lamp post - for support not illumination":

Sorry gf I dont have the time or inclination to read your tome. Can you turn off the verbose setting?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: meliferra "Sorry gf I dont have the time or inclination to read your tome. Can you turn off the verbose setting?'"

The short version?
AK was BRIBED by the RFL for 2014 and he now wants his cake and to eat it. Based on 2014's attendances, The numbers for 2015 will not add up, but he knows we have a few quid in a parachute payment, so he'll try to squeeze a few bob extra out of us in 2015......and thanks to the mess created by Hughes and his gimp, we'll probably fork out 30% of our central funding to stay where we are.

Welcome to the wonderful world of London Broncos sports administration......... d040.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star398No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

So you are claiming that Broncos will pay more in rent than the Stoop but have nothing to support the claim. I got that bit.

The only part we agree on is with the Hive doing the admin then ticket revenue alone probably wont be enough for TK to see next year as viable.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: meliferra "So you are claiming that Broncos will pay more in rent than the Stoop but have nothing to support the claim. I got that bit.'"

Nope.....I've shown how much AK could have taken on the gate this year with an 1,250 average including 200 Members, 63 Kids, 62 OAP's, 75 Discounted Hive members, 650 in the cheap seats and 200 freebies per game...it was close to £250,000......my track record in this arena of London Broncos finances shows I am usually within 5%.......but nobody is forcing you to believe me.

Quote: meliferra "The only part we agree on is with the Hive doing the admin then ticket revenue alone probably wont be enough for TK to see next year as viable.'"

Nope......but he is in the box seat with regard to negotiations, as in Hughes and his gimp alienated every other landlord in the region with their insane posturing over 2 years.

By the way, the marketing and administration costs that London Broncos posted in their 2012 accounts came to £750,000. Not sure about the cost of booking a coach to take players to games, sorting out pay-roll or buying a travel card for Buck and Dusty, but I reckon AK's not spent 10% of that this year....... icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star398No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

You're right nothing is forcing me to believe you have a grip on the finances at the Hive. Your obsession with revenue while ignoring costs while at the same time admitting that Broncos have wiped out a large chunk of their admin costs along the way shows me this. The bottom line for this move to the Hive has always been Hughes looking to cut his burden.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: meliferra "You're right nothing is forcing me to believe you have a grip on the finances at the Hive. Your obsession with revenue while ignoring costs while at the same time admitting that Broncos have wiped out a large chunk of their admin costs along the way shows me this. The bottom line for this move to the Hive has always been Hughes looking to cut his burden.'"

1. Not ignoring costs at all. AK knows how much it costs to open the gates.....I have simply shown a scenario where he's taken 250k.
2. Hughes cut his costs alright.........as with most things he touches, he's ed that up too. He's killed the club stone dead.......he's removed any chance of a legacy for his 15 million investment. A fool and his money are easily parted they say and in this case, it would seem so!

RankPostsTeam
International Star398No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

So far you have shown many scenarios. Initially over 300k which I described as excessive.

Whatever the figure, it is irrelevant. What matters is what TK expects it to be next year and whether after the cost of hosting the Broncos he thinks the deal is worthwhile.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: meliferra "So far you have shown many scenarios. Initially over 300k which I described as excessive.

Whatever the figure, it is irrelevant. What matters is what TK expects it to be next year and whether after the cost of hosting the Broncos he thinks the deal is worthwhile.'"

23k a game on the gate per game delivers 300k. That's at 18.40 a ticket.......I don't see that as excessive at all, but have instead skewed the scenarios to a more realistic 250k/15 quid a fan. AK apparently thinks that based on 2014's numbers, 2015 on the same model isn't for him, which points to us having to pay the man rent.........if 15 quid a ticket average, where the range of prices (other than pensioners and kids) is 16-25 notes a pop isn't enough for him, then it points to the club having a similar if not greater rent bill than they had in 2012.

RankPostsTeam
International Star398No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: gutterfax " AK apparently thinks that based on 2014's numbers, 2015 on the same model isn't for him, which points to us having to pay the man rent.'"

Yes I think we've got that bit. TK appears to have decided that in 2015 ticket revenue less costs is insufficient to make it worth his while if stories are to be believed and so an alternative will need to be arranged.

Quote: gutterfax " then it points to the club having a similar if not greater rent bill than they had in 2012.'"

No it doesn't.
It's an argument you'd like to be true but the figures you supply prove nothing with regards to how much benefit the Hive will derive from having the Broncos stay next season and how much revenue TK has determined is necessary to make it worthwhile. imo you are just repeating an unsupported assumption and constantly repeating it does not make it true.
It's a broken record that the Stoop rent + admin costs & marketing - ticket revenue made a loss and contributed ZERO to the playing budget so to now claim that Broncos not paying rent, admin costs or marketing and forfeiting the ticket revenue in exchange is a poor deal is a joke. On multiple occasions you have compared the ticket revenue at the hive to the rent at the stoop while choosing to ignore the costs broncos no longer pay and the Hive now cover out of that revenue, it is a completely false argument.

44 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
44 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.06640625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
32m
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
35m
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
59m
TV Games - Not Hull
bishops fing
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
micktheleyth
Recent
Wigan win academy final
Simba16
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
Tonights match v HKR
RobRiches
Recent
Betting 2024
karetaker
Recent
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
leedsbarmyar
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
RobRiches
32s
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
35s
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
1m
TV Games - Not Hull
bishops fing
2m
Championship Awards
FIL
2m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
leedsbarmyar
2m
TV games not Wire
Cherry_Warri
3m
Film game
Boss Hog
3m
Wigan win academy final
Simba16
3m
Fev H Play Off
Bully_Boxer
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
PopTart
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
RobRiches
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
micktheleyth
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M +13,462 80,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
       Championship 2024-R29
 FT 
York
27-10
Widnes
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
 FT 
Wigan
38-0
Leigh
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan38-0Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH
LIVE
York27-10Widnes
SL
LIVE
Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22