FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > London Broncos > How did the first game go?
55 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
LU2
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member585No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

How that ignorant idiot can post on this thread when he clearly didn't or have any intention of going is beyond me.

Still back to the thread. It took us a while to get going. Despite training and having played on it previously they weren't sure how the ball would bounce so it led to some hesitancy. The first half started well with some strong defense but we lost our way a little and throwing a number of forward passes didn't help. The ref only seemed to penalise us and not them. We tried to play the game at a fast tempo but it seemed to backfire.

We came out for the second half and played a lot more positively and eventually it became one way traffic. Clearly that is the way to play on this pitch and quite possibly we will blow some teams away as we get used to playing games on it. I'm guessing that training on it and playing a game are quite different. Having seen the videos of the guy from PNG I think it will suit him down to the ground.

As for the experience, there were clearly some teething troubles with people with tickets for unreserved seating sitting in reserved seats. I won't talk about the public address which made the announcer sound if he was doing his best Norman Collier impression. Also not sure how they will cope in the event of a larger away following than today. Only time will tell.

A five hour round trip for me stopping off in Ealing Broadway for lunch which means that I will be selective which games I attend when I have to use public transport.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1512No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66844_1330776218.jpg
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HxV65bn0Zw/url:20fxvvo4]Selco, answer our prayers![/url:20fxvvo4] David Hughes - The Gerald Ratner of Rugby League? Discuss. Or not as the case may be.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66844.jpg

Quote: LU2 "How that ignorant idiot can post on this thread when he clearly didn't or have any intention of going is beyond me.

'"

How you can read my posts when you've got me on ignore is beyond me.

& anyone else who isn't a hypocrite or got X ray vision.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member819
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I thought match admin was appalling, a desk under a gazebo to take/sell tickets with one person on it, will be interesting for a bigger crowd. Personally I would have given out info about the ground/facilities and a welcome message so you didn't have to guess where everything was. We never found the programme seller. Announcer was the worst I have heard, not even any explanation of who Mr Genders was just that he had died and there was to be a 1 minute silence. I've still no idea where my season ticket seat was/might be but as I had taken a guest we went elsewhere to sit (far side) and stand in the 2nd half. Work to do with the team but no suprise there. Heaven knows what it will be like with a bigger crowd - anyone know how much the car parking was?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1382
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB24.gif
Life is pretty simple: You do stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works.:cartoons/WB24.gif

Quote: Cowgirl Nostalgist "How you can read my posts when you've got me on ignore is beyond me.

& anyone else who isn't a hypocrite or got X ray vision.'"

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1382
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB24.gif
Life is pretty simple: You do stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works.:cartoons/WB24.gif

Quote: roger "I thought match admin was appalling, a desk under a gazebo to take/sell tickets with one person on it, will be interesting for a bigger crowd. Personally I would have given out info about the ground/facilities and a welcome message so you didn't have to guess where everything was. We never found the programme seller. Announcer was the worst I have heard, not even any explanation of who Mr Genders was just that he had died and there was to be a 1 minute silence. I've still no idea where my season ticket seat was/might be but as I had taken a guest we went elsewhere to sit (far side) and stand in the 2nd half. Work to do with the team but no suprise there. Heaven knows what it will be like with a bigger crowd - anyone know how much the car parking was?'"

There doesn't appear to be parking restrictions around the ground so easy to park on the street. I'd agree about the set up, as there is still a lot to address. Not sure a programme is being produced, more of a monthly publication which is complimentary. No nothing to clarify where or how you got hold of it. If you were lucky enough to go in the bar you might have found the right person.

Think the idea of setting out where things happen would help. Halifax should be an interesting challenge off the field as well as on.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1109No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

What was the view like in that stand behind the goal?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2370No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16679.jpg
Well f**k my hat, I didn't know that! Come all without, come all within, we're London Broncos not the H********s!:16679.jpg

Quote: Southern Reiver "Came out with the wrong attitude in the first half. Ref allowed a lot of forward passes and latitude at the play the ball. Second half we had clearly had the riot act read. Improved enough to get the win. I think quite a lot of work is still needed. More 1 man rugby than I would like to see and some need for clearer leadership.

If we play next week anything like that it'll be embarrassing.'"

Clearer leadership? Sounds like Hendo needs to get his boots on - like last season!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1294No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23122.gif
:23122.gif

Quote: roger "I thought match admin was appalling, a desk under a gazebo to take/sell tickets with one person on it, will be interesting for a bigger crowd. Personally I would have given out info about the ground/facilities and a welcome message so you didn't have to guess where everything was. We never found the programme seller. Announcer was the worst I have heard, not even any explanation of who Mr Genders was just that he had died and there was to be a 1 minute silence. I've still no idea where my season ticket seat was/might be but as I had taken a guest we went elsewhere to sit (far side) and stand in the 2nd half. Work to do with the team but no suprise there. Heaven knows what it will be like with a bigger crowd - anyone know how much the car parking was?'"

Tend to agree Roger, but the key is give the club feedback on all these points - if enough of us do, they may feel compelled to sort it out.

The entry was a little slicker that when I have been to union games there, but there is miles and miles or improvement required before Halifax arrive. That said I just waved my season ticket card at the steward and he let me through.

Decent atmosphere in the CCH bar which was well populated and I mooched over to hospitality, here again, well attended and very impressively laid out.

Decent atmosphere in the ground - once we started to win the arm wrestle !!!

Well done the LBSA for doing the Try Time draw, looked to be going great guns.

No idea what was going on at half time - some random entertainment on the pitch - I've said it before, invite local community clubs to play a game at half time, low effort involved, and does entertain rather than Scott Leatherbarrow kicking bombs to 2 kids to catch.

Announcer was hopeless, enough said.

Steward on the back access to the Grandstand Bar, stopping interlopers up there - well done ! Beer and toilet available in the Grandstand Bar, so thats very positive.

Seats very compact and have to say CN I would estimate 95+% full. Simlarly ther low level stand. I think 650 is pretty fair reflection of the crowd.

I stood in the second half and by goodness it was cold in the wind on the far side of the pitch. I had to offer the ref(Mr Bloem) my views on life to keep warm.

Knowing where everything was - needs to be sorted, no idea, the merchandise was going down a treat, but one person selling and based in the foyer, bit of a blockage for sales and coming and going punters.

Limited hot food availalbe at half time.

Players changing rooms were in the main Olympic Pavillion and this removed the shared toilet issue so a big plus point - and there were a decent spread of 'hi vis stewards' around, not sure what they were doing but ....

On to the game. We were hesitant, especially in the halves. We didnt manage the game in the first half, we were in control and let that control slip away, bot helped by in my opinion, inconsistent refereeing. We lost Stapleton early on so the balance of the team was effected, Foster to centre. Second half we seemed to be more fluid but again we made mistakes, bombed chances, at times seemed overwhelmed by Swintons endeavour, but we stuck with it and scored some late tries to make it look comfortable - it wasnt. I am sorry Mickyb but Bloem is the worst referee we have to witness, his inconsistency is beyond belief, his leaning towards the underdog, obvious.

I didnt stick around for post match as I had become and icicle.

Off pitch 5/10, on pitch 5.5/10

Good OP WQ, would be great to see you and your gang and the likes of PP back in the fold.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator1975No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Enjoyed it. No season ticket or tee-shirt. Car park, free, or it was for me!!!

In main stand, row two, view seemed fine. Bar good. Pitch good, though bounce seemed to cause us as much problems as them. We seemed to get very heavily penalised by very inconsistent referring. Should have been clear in first half, but bombed chances. Second half much better and comfortable win in the end.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4991No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jun 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/PDT19.gif
[i:11q0q8vi]Follow me on Twitter: broncoskolar@twitter.com[/i:11q0q8vi] THE KING OF BRILLIANCE- JAMES LOMAS available from: //WWW.LLPSHOP.CO.UK The UK's leading RL book publishers.:simpsons/PDT19.gif

Got there with 10 mins before KO - so I did not even try to claim my ST seat, opted for a seat behind goal. Great view. Very poor that there is no programme, disrespectful of the visiting team as no one could tell who their players were unless you have an idectic memory. Set up reminds me of a lower non-league football club or a Champ 1 side. On the plus side there is a chance to build relationships with the fans and the community that was lacking at Barnet. On the pitch, we were taken aback by the Swinton spirit and grunt and they barely made a mistake I the first half. Impressed with Walker, Foster and Iaone looks a good signing, if a bit small for a prop. Harrison had a bad day as Swinton seemed to target him. The PA was awful. Given that the Bulls and Sheffield have hit the ground running it could be quite a season.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1512No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66844_1330776218.jpg
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HxV65bn0Zw/url:20fxvvo4]Selco, answer our prayers![/url:20fxvvo4] David Hughes - The Gerald Ratner of Rugby League? Discuss. Or not as the case may be.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66844.jpg

Even non-league clubs (with similar low attendances) manage to issue programmes.

Broncos truly are a farce of a club.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1294No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23122.gif
:23122.gif

Quote: Cowgirl Nostalgist "Broncos truly are a farce of a club.'"

Comments like that make it all the more puzzling why you haven't washed your hands of this sorry affair of a club and moved on.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1512No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66844_1330776218.jpg

Maybe because I'm stunned that Hughes still has some people willing to go along for the ride.

I take it you think it's acceptable for a pro sports club to dispense with issuing programmes?

Like all of the other (un)acceptable things the club does.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2259No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

CN, you like free things, well having dispensed with the programme , which to be fair at the Hive was not all that. We now have a complimentary high quality monthly magazine, with plenty of advertising in it. Freely available in the foyer before the game.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2259No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Have to say that the PA needs sorting out urgently, the guy doing it was no Chris Warren.

55 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
55 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.20751953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tonights match v Saints
matt_wire
6m
TV Games - Not Hull
mwindass
10m
Leigh
RfE
10m
Round 17 Warrington Away
tad rhino
19m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 18
FoxyRhino
31m
Shopping list for 2025
Armavinit
38m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
39m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
48m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
LewCharnock
55m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
Uncle Rico
42s
TV Games - Not Hull
mwindass
53s
Is Lokie On His Way
WYSIWYG2
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
1m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 18
FoxyRhino
1m
Fax v Fev
FevGrinder
2m
TV games not Wire
karetaker
2m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
boardwalkemp
2m
New Challenge Cup format
Grimmy
3m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
LewCharnock
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Corey Hall re-Signed
PopTart
TODAY
Tonights match v Saints
matt_wire
TODAY
Kyle Eastmond
rubber ducki
TODAY
Film game
Wanderer
TODAY
Tonights game vs St Helens
ninearches
TODAY
AJ Wallace
Jemmo
TODAY
Halifax v Widnes
faxcar
TODAY
Round 18 Hull KR Home
KaeruJim
TODAY
Squad v Hull
NickyKiss
TODAY
York H
Bull Mania
TODAY
Cam Scott
dboy
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Broncos
LeythIg
TODAY
Leigh
RfE
TODAY
Play off chances
KaeruJim
TODAY
2024 State of Origin - Game 3 Contains Spoilers
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad for Saints
TF and the w
TODAY
Is Lokie On His Way
WYSIWYG2
TODAY
Semi Tadulala Interview
Bullseye
TODAY
Chambo to Hull Fc
WYSIWYG2
TODAY
Pies at home
Ellam
TODAY
Brad Arthur - new coach
Fartown58
TODAY
Womens RL page
Dave Gorman
TODAY
Green Cross cards
Jake the Peg
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition St Helens Away
Wanderer
TODAY
Recruitment for 2025 season
RfE
TODAY
Match Review Panel
Cokey
TODAY
Luke Yates
St Helens Wo
TODAY
Luke Yates In
Deus Dat Inc
TODAY
Recovery Room
wakeytrin
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
2024 State of Origin - Game 3 ..
Wakefield March On With Win Ov..
Catalans Dragons Swap Places W..
KR win the Hull Derby to Into ..
Wigan Warriors Extend League L..
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
Salford Hold On To Beat Unluck..
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.61M +13,570 ↑4380,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R20
 FT
Hover 
Canberra
20-18
NZ Warriors
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R18
 FT 
Huddersfield
16-8
Salford

20:00
St.Helens
10-12
Warrington
Royle Try, Not Converted

20:05
Leigh
36-6
LondonB
UPDATE! Hughes Try, Not Converted
 TOMORROW
06:00
Souths
v
Wests
08:30
Newcastle
v
Brisbane
10:35
Melbourne
v
Sydney
     Womens Super League 2024-R9
12:00
York V
v
WiganW
14:00
St.HelensW
v
Wire W
Hull FC
v
Wigan
       Championship 2024-R18
15:00
Bradford
v
York
Halifax
v
Widnes
Swinton
v
Whitehaven
Leeds
v
Hull KR
       Championship 2024-R16
17:00
Toulouse
v
Wakefield
18:00
Featherstone
v
Doncaster
 Sun 21st Jul
05:00
Penrith
v
Dolphins
07:05
Manly
v
Gold Coast
09:15
NQL Cowboys
v
Canterbury
     Womens Super League 2024-R9
12:00
BarrowW
v
LeedsW
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 19th Jul
SL
19:45
Huddersfield16-8Salford
SL
20:00
St.Helens10-12Warrington
SL
20:05
Leigh36-6LondonB
Sat 20th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Wigan
SL
Leeds-Hull KR
Sun 21st Jul
SL
Castleford-Catalans
Sat 17th Aug
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Fri 19th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Canberra20-18NZ Warriors
SL
LIVE
Huddersfield16-8Salford
SL
LIVE
St.Helens10-12Warrington
SL
LIVE
Leigh36-6LondonB
Sun 14th Jul
NRL 19 Manly44-6Newcastle
CH 15 Batley22-2Barrow
CH 15 Bradford2-14Wakefield
CH 15 Halifax6-14Featherstone
CH 15 Sheffield22-34Swinton
CH 15 Widnes34-12Dewsbury
CH 15 York27-0Doncaster
L1 15 Newcastle16-42Hunslet
L1 15 Oldham32-6Crusaders
L1 15 Workington14-12Rochdale
WSL2024 8 York V62-0FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 8 Wire W4-50LeedsW
WSL2024 8 Hudds W4-18BarrowW
Sat 13th Jul
NRL 19 Gold Coast24-16Parramatta
NRL 19 Brisbane26-30St.George
SL 17 Hull FC10-24Hull KR
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 16 443 182 261 28
Warrington 18 448 237 211 26
Hull KR 17 421 227 194 24
Salford 18 325 336 -11 23
St.Helens 18 447 198 249 22
Catalans 17 324 234 90 22

Leeds 17 309 316 -7 18
Leigh 17 316 266 50 15
Huddersfield 18 322 393 -71 13
Castleford 17 280 455 -175 11
Hull FC 17 228 520 -292 4
LondonB 18 176 675 -499 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 15 534 156 378 30
Sheffield 15 404 251 153 22
Toulouse 14 378 210 168 19
Bradford 15 355 244 111 19
Widnes 15 361 281 80 17
Featherstone 15 410 289 121 16

York 16 366 305 61 14
Batley 15 239 322 -83 14
Doncaster 15 257 368 -111 13
Swinton 15 318 366 -48 12