FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > London Broncos > Jobs for Mr Lister and Gutterfax?
27 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4991No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jun 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/PDT19.gif
[i:11q0q8vi]Follow me on Twitter: broncoskolar@twitter.com[/i:11q0q8vi] THE KING OF BRILLIANCE- JAMES LOMAS available from: //WWW.LLPSHOP.CO.UK The UK's leading RL book publishers.:simpsons/PDT19.gif

Jobs for the boys?

www.londonbroncosrl.com/news/477 ... RD_0W8mjy8

The timing is strange but it is a move in the right direction
Jobs for the boys?

www.londonbroncosrl.com/news/477 ... RD_0W8mjy8

The timing is strange but it is a move in the right direction

RankPostsTeam
International Star1512No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66844_1330776218.jpg
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HxV65bn0Zw/url:20fxvvo4]Selco, answer our prayers![/url:20fxvvo4] David Hughes - The Gerald Ratner of Rugby League? Discuss. Or not as the case may be.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66844.jpg

Like the bit in the JD about chasing up lapsed season ticket holders.

That'll be circa 800 phone calls if Chatham Drongos comes to pass.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: poplar panther "but it is a move in the right direction'"

is it?

1 Week after we get turned over by a team we should have beaten in front of a below average crowd.....and it's not even a full time role?

Quote: poplar panther "This position is offered on a 3 month contract with an option to extend based on results'"
..... icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif
Experienced Telesales needed on a part time basis.... icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

I can see the standard of applicant being outstanding, with "exerienced" telesales executives handing in their notices for the chance to take up this role.....

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman7155No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: gutterfax "I can see the standard of applicant being outstanding, with "exerienced" telesales executives handing in their notices for the chance to take up this role.....'"

You've got no formal marketing qualifications and are a salesman. Go for it.

Irony being that things are happening, they are trying something, yet you still find the time to have a dig. Even though it's also things you've suggested should be happening.

Go figure.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: Rooster Booster "You've got no formal marketing qualifications and are a sales man. Go for it.'"

Wrong.
I now have a degree in Marketing (Massey University Wellington)and am doing my masters (Victoria University Wellington).....the company I set up here is a direct marketing company.....We process about 1,400,000 items of DM a month.

BTW, on the salesman bit....you pay peanuts, what do you get?

I suspect the 18k (generous guess) a year (pro rata) on offer will attract the level of experience that will ensure that the successful applicants will be back out looking for work by mid May.

12 weeks of 2 people on 9 quid an hour will cost about 8,500 + Employers contributions etc.....let's call it 11k.........so at 20 notes profit a 40 quid ticket, 550 sales (4.5 each a day) will get you your money back....not allowing for data costs TPS checking, telephone costs, desks, light etc.... I reckon 60 outbound dials a day, 30 connects, 10 warms with a 60% conversion rate is needed to have any chance of wiping your face............good luck with that guys.....because if I had a staff member converting 60% I wouldn't be getting him for just 18k a year!!!

BTW, if I am wrong and Gus is offering say, 25k a year, then 7 closes a day each would be needed to break even.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: Rooster Booster " Even though it's also things you've suggested should be happening.'"

1. I suggested it in SEPTEMBER 2008 IIRC.......they start it after the season has begun 2013?
2. Gus has said this is the last year at the stoop.....too little too late
3. Why Now? Why not interview in December....start them off in January....why leave it until any new corporate prospect or for that matter, lapsed ST holder can research last weeks shambles of an attendance?
4. Lapsed ST holders........these people should have been marketed to heavily from October last year onwards...not called up as alast resort......BTW.....those he called himself were promised free ticketsto the widnes game....free tickets that in some instances failed toshow up.

Sorry RB, Gus MacKay is making it up as he goes along....defend him all you like, but in My Honest Opinion, he will be the death of this club if permitted to continue down this route icon_twisted.gif

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: gutterfax "1. I suggested it in SEPTEMBER 2008 IIRC.......they start it after the season has begun 2013?
2. Gus has said this is the last year at the stoop.....too little too late
3. Why Now? Why not interview in December....start them off in January....why leave it until any new corporate prospect or for that matter, lapsed ST holder can research last weeks shambles of an attendance?
4. Lapsed ST holders........these people should have been marketed to heavily from October last year onwards...not called up as alast resort......BTW.....those he called himself were promised free ticketsto the widnes game....free tickets that in some instances failed toshow up.

Sorry RB, Gus MacKay is making it up as he goes along....defend him all you like, but in My Honest Opinion, he will be the death of this club if permitted to continue down this route

In your mind you see it as me defend someone. I just point out your constant, never ending jibes.

Their doing stuff and still things are bad. The club can do no right, without you.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: gutterfax "Wrong.
I now have a degree in Marketing (Massey University Wellington)and am doing my masters (Victoria University Wellington).....the company I set up here is a direct marketing company.....We process about 1,400,000 items of DM a month.

BTW, on the salesman bit....you pay peanuts, what do you get?

I suspect the 18k (generous guess) a year (pro rata) on offer will attract the level of experience that will ensure that the successful applicants will be back out looking for work by mid May.

12 weeks of 2 people on 9 quid an hour will cost about 8,500 + Employers contributions etc.....let's call it 11k.........so at 20 notes profit a 40 quid ticket, 550 sales (4.5 each a day) will get you your money back....not allowing for data costs TPS checking, telephone costs, desks, light etc.... I reckon 60 outbound dials a day, 30 connects, 10 warms with a 60% conversion rate is needed to have any chance of wiping your face............good luck with that guys.....because if I had a staff member converting 60% I wouldn't be getting him for just 18k a year!!!

BTW, if I am wrong and Gus is offering say, 25k a year, then 7 closes a day each would be needed to break even.'"

Congratulations on your marketing degree. For years you spoke about marketing whilst having no formal qualification. Now you do.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: Rooster Booster "In your mind you see it as me defend someone. I just point out your constant, never ending jibes.

The club can do no right, without you.'"

The club can do no right.....period! They stumble from farce to fiasco and whilst you're prepared to sit back and watch this car crash, others aren't.

As for constant Jibes, the OP invited me into this debate.....I have given my opinion that this tactic is mistimed and badly thought out.......that's my professional opinion as a very successful sales person who has trained hundreds of telesales staff, as well as the Managing Director of an award winning DM company here in New Zealand....I rarely comment on areas I am not experienced to do so in, but the reality is whilst I don't have all the answers either RB, I can tell you now as sure as day follows night, the current CEO is killing this club stone dead. I will be happy to eat humble pie if I am proven wrong, but in 2 years he has delivered nothing of any substance to the club.

FWIW.......if they are adamant on going down this telemarketing route, then better pay a professonal agency 25 quid an hour on a day by day basis than employ, induct, train and provide for 2 employees that can call in sick, be late etc.....you'd know after 3 days and about a grand if it was going to work.....

that's advice BTW....not a Jibe!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1896No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36990.jpg
Dirty Old Town littlerich is a Viking!!:36990.jpg

Quote: gutterfax "is it?

1 Week after we get turned over by a team we should have beaten in front of a below average crowd'"

To be fair it can't exactly have been be far away from your average crowd. Certainly a vast rise on our visit last season so that maybe bids well for the future (the result won't have helped any mind).Yourself and a few others excepted (except for the above quote icon_wink.gif ) underestimated Widnes. We've got the experience of last season under our belts and also a full preseason behind us. That with the feel good factor generated by the Brown and Hock signings means we are up for this season.

I feel you really do need to increase your crowds and it can only be done by a sustained marketing initiative in schools and also price drops (even freebies) to entice people in the short term to show them what RL is all about. It won't be cheap or any sort of a cash generator in the short to medium term but it is about getting in a new generation of speccies.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: Rooster Booster "Congratulations on your marketing degree. For years you spoke about marketing whilst having no formal qualification. Now you do.'"

Whilst I enjoyed my coursework, I learnt little if anything more than I had already learnt from over 15 years previously delivering Direct marketing campaigns across the world......but you hang your hat on academics rather than experience if you must
Nope. Just merely pointing out that you, on paper, were very unqualified. It Maybe why the club didn't want you? Who knows.

Yes, let's talk about YOU and your 20 point plan. And the area of your mind that thinks I'm defending the CEO, because I point out your continual dig after dig. I used to supported you and think you had good points, now I feel more alienated from your cause. Just me. I'll take ownership of that.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: Rooster Booster "Nope. Just merely pointing out that you, on paper, were very unqualified. It Maybe why the club didn't want you? Who knows.'"

The RFL via Ian Lenegan offered me a role at the club......they couldn't get close to my salary...but don't let that get in the way of your little attempt at a wind up.....

Quote: Rooster Booster "Yes, let's talk about YOU and your 20 point plan. '"

You were using my lack of academic qualifications in Marketing (Sir Martin Sorrell, the most influential man in Marketing, has a non marketing degree...didn't seem to stop him), so I simply asked where that level of unqualification shone through in the 20 point plan.......and as I said before, I don't blame you for not addressing it as it shows up your petty jibe about qualifications as nothing other than a personal attack.

Quote: Rooster Booster "And the area of your mind that thinks I'm defending the CEO, because I point out your continual dig after dig. '"

If you thought I was right you wouldn't comment....you patently think I am wrong, but are not prepared to back up your assertion with anything other than inaccurate sweeping comments regarding my qualifications or lack of.......

Quote: Rooster Booster "I used to supported you and think you had good points, now I feel more alienated from your cause. Just me. I'll take ownership of that.'"

as I have told many on here over the years, this isn't a popularity contest, it's a public forum and I will air my opinion of the clusterf**k that is the current administration at the club if I see fit........ feel free to take ownership of that if you like too, but if you don't want to enter into a debate, then don't pop the occassional incorrect assertion in and hope I won't notice.......
To recap...
You were wrong I was offered a role, at the bequest of Ian Lenegan, by the RFL.....I turned it down due to the small salary.
You were Wrong I am qualified as a professional Marketer...and I also have in excess of 15 years experience of running marketing campaigns for people like Vodafone, British Airways, NZRL, Carlsberg, BMW, Marriott Hotels, The USA Democratic Party, the RFU and The IRB to name a few.

You don't believe I have the right to post my opinion that I believe the current administration at London Broncos is the worst in the clubs Superleague history.....a belief I base purely on the facts as they present themselves and all you do is counter with untruths........believe me, I want nothing more than Gus MacKay to prove me wrong, but ask yourself this, "on the evidence of his first 25 months in charge, can you see that happening"?

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: gutterfax "You don't believe I have the right to post my opinion that I believe the current administration at London Broncos is the worst in the clubs Superleague history.....a belief I base purely on the facts as they present themselves and all you do is counter with untruths........believe me, I want nothing more than Gus MacKay to prove me wrong, but ask yourself this, "on the evidence of his first 25 months in charge, can you see that happening"?'"

Utter nonsense. Again you've made it about you. You're now once again making things up by suggesting, that I don't believe you have a right. You have every right to post what you like. I have never suggested you can't. So please drop the victim line if you can. It's your continual dig after dig after dig is very tedious.

As I said earlier. Well done on getting your qualification.

We do it get it. Gus is crap.

Quote: gutterfax "If you thought I was right you wouldn't comment....you patently think I am wrong, but are not prepared to back up your assertion with anything other than inaccurate sweeping comments regarding my qualifications or lack of.......'"

Again utter nonsense, borne from the neural pathways in your grey matter. You've thought of something and come to the wrong conclusion. Again You have been told you're right. Even recently by myself. Or do you want people to massage your ego more?

I mean someone even had to start a thread saying not to mention Gus to prevent it from happening!!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png

Quote: Rooster Booster "I mean someone even had to start a thread saying not to mention Gus to prevent it from happening!!!'"

Fair do's....and after a good start, it's now dropped onto page 2 of the forum. icon_lol.gif

Why not pop in and add something to it to see if it "reignites" the positivity that was destroyed on a number of fronts on Sunday.

Negativity oozes from every pore of my being at the moment when it comes to the way the club is being run and at the danger of getting this thread back on topic, the belated search for cheap telephone labour to call around 300 or so ST holders that GUS has lost is a mistake....IMO that is!

27 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
27 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.29052734375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Squad for London
MorePlaymake
19m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
mwindass
22m