JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Another false dawn, I am so bloody angry at the way we have given away yet another game (continuing our 08 and previous seasons tradition) that we should have won.

How can you control a game for approx 70% of the time, fail to score points and let a crap team like wigan (and thats what they are at the moment) walk away with the points. Have we become a charity for any hard up northern club that is not doing so well?....`hey come down to london, have a good time.....cheap seats, good entertainment and 2 points to take home`.

In terms of morale, Wigan were on their backsides and there was never a better time to beat them, but what do we do ....gift them the points. We seem to have learnt nothing about closing a game out.

Forget BM`s aspirations for top of the table table etc etc.......judging by todays failure, this season is going to be as disapointing as all those that have gone before.

Success on the pitch is what will bring the punters in, win your home games and you will get a decent crowd.........but we seem determined to shoot ourselves in the foot at every opportunity. I had high hopes for this year and once again swallowed all the pre season diatribe about `strong squad` `depth of squad` `steely determination` etc etc......but these are clearly just empty sound bites.

I have supported our team for many years, from Crusaders through to Quins, but I am seriously begining to question whether or not it is worth it any longer. Every time we loose (give away) yet another `should win` home game, it just puts another nail in the coffin of the future of rugby league in London.

Looks like the bookies have got us right again.....cannon fodder.....not worthy of anything more than 12th place in the table (if we can hang onto it come end of the year).

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach29622
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10919_1322084665.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10919.jpg

Quins were the best side in the first half but it take take an unbelieveable video refs call to get you your 10 points(you wouldn't have been in the position for the 2nd try if he'd not wrongly called the first).

After the break i thought we controlled the game really led by Sam Tomkins and would have been comfy-ish if we'd have managed to kick our goals. Granted it took a couple of late trys to get us the win but i thought it was the right result in the end.

Overall i thought it was a pretty good game between 2 teams likely to be around mid table come the end of the season. That wouldn't be a bad season for Quins imo.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1803No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp098.gif
Win Mac Win:simpsons/simp098.gif

Quote: NickyKiss "Quins were the best side in the first half but it take take an unbelieveable video refs call to get you your 10 points(you wouldn't have been in the position for the 2nd try if he'd not wrongly called the first).

After the break i thought we controlled the game really led by Sam Tomkins and would have been comfy-ish if we'd have managed to kick our goals. Granted it took a couple of late trys to get us the win but i thought it was the right result in the end.

Overall i thought it was a pretty good game between 2 teams likely to be around mid table come the end of the season. That wouldn't be a bad season for Quins imo.'"

Did you watch the same game as me?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4799No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2021Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif
Freedom for supporters of the government, only for members of one party - however numerous they may be - is no freedom at all. freedom is always and exclusively for one who thinks differently. Rosa Luxemburg, 'Die russiche Revolution'.:Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif

I saw a very entertaining game between two evenly matched sides that, on Friday's showing, will have little trouble in finishing well ahead of Wakey and Warrington at the end of the season. Which game were you watching?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4064No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2019Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15627.gif
:15627.gif

Quote: NickyKiss "Quins were the best side in the first half but it take take an unbelieveable video refs call to get you your 10 points(you wouldn't have been in the position for the 2nd try if he'd not wrongly called the first).

Overall i thought it was a pretty good game between 2 teams likely to be around mid table come the end of the season. That wouldn't be a bad season for Quins imo.'"

Well I hope you're right on the last count, be cause on the evidence of yesterdays's game it looked more like a match between two teams likely to finish around the bottom two!

Quins totally dominated the first half and should have been about twenty points in front by half time, and we've only got ourselves to blame for the fact that we weren't because we wasted some glorious chances.

Wigan were shocking in the first forty and could have been penalised for laying on at almost every tackle they made. I don't recall Wigan having the ball in hand inside the last twenty in the first half except for when they scored their try. I had a bad feeling about only leading 10-6 at the break as I couldn't believe Wigan would be so poor in the second half and they weren't. Even so, they scored from virtually every serious attack they had apart from one occasion when the man was held up on the line. giving away that interception try with less than five minutes on the clock when we were still four points in front was criminal.And as for the comment that it "would have been comfy-ish if we'd have managed to kick our goals", if we'd managed to kick our goals you'd have only got a draw.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator99993No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif
:Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif

As a neutral watching the game last night I have to say that Wigan were there for the taking but Quins forced the ball too often in the first half and coughed up possession. A bigger lead could have been built up.

When Quins led with only just over five minutes to play, an expansive game was unnecessary and the rush of blood from Chad Randall clearly cost them a game which they could and should have won despite Mr Alibert allowing a Wigan try which would have been disallowed for a double movement had it been referred upstairs.

Reference Prince of Denmark's comments on goal-kicking, if I recall correctly both sides missed three kicks so that was not the deciding factor in Wigans favour, the inability to play the right game in the closing stages was.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach456No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

We're not all Southern Softies:

Yet again, another chance to raise our profile as a successful Super League team that plays in London goes begging!!
We had all the right ingredients there.
T.V. cameras, a fair size crowd & good atmosphere & lots of Newbies.
Unfortunatley, the team seemed to be caught up in all the hype & failed to close down a game that should have been theirs after the first 40 minutes.
Lets hope that major lessons have been learnt from this match & that this defeat will spur the players on to winning ways in the future.
Hopefully, some of those that decided to try out the experience yesterday will have enjoyed it enough to return again.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7392No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20337_1416501684.jpg
Mac out!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_20337.jpg

Major lessons being learned. Such as, closing teams down when in front near the end and coming out of the changing rooms in the second half.

Time and time again we get these wrong. Why did Randall want us to score a 70 metre try when the game was won. Why did we let them score 2 tries back to back in the start of the second half. It was just like last year.

We were also toothless in the last 10 metres. Very disappointing to say the least.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12169No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10696_1330181301.jpg
london RL: scraping the barrel:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10696.jpg

Rather ironic really, since up until his suicide ball Chad Randall was comfortably the best player on the park, particularly in the second half he was killing Wigan up the middle.

Luke Dorn was utterly anonymous. All this guff about whether he's a strike player/organiser/better or worse than Scott Hill is going to be completely irrelevant if he doesn't step up on the bigger games. Personally I thought he was a passenger.

We seemed to lose a lot of impetus when Robinson went off, and I thought we missed a couple of very kickable conversions which mentally could have made a big difference.

As mentioned before - reasonable first 40 but coughed up too much posession. Second try was fortuitious to say the least. Second half was just pure self destruction. Wigan were poor, we were worse. Thought Melling and Wells were decent but aside from that everyone else needs to seriously work on their game because we didn't seem very cohesive for much of the match.

Oh, and I hate to harp on about it but [istill[/i clueless on the last tackle.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1803No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp098.gif
Win Mac Win:simpsons/simp098.gif

Did We once get the ball in the in goal area on the last tackle? If Big mac watches that game again he will see a few half cocked ideas on the last tackle and at a time when the pies were there for the taking IMO. icon_frustrated.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7392No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20337_1416501684.jpg

Another concern I have is our right side defence. It's been opened up repeatedly in the last 2 games.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40218.jpg

As a neutral I thought it was a good game to watch. Wigan was there fore the beating for most of the match inspite of them having a try gifted by the ref (boy was that a double movement!). So at worst it should have been a draw, had the ref had more brains on the night, but alas the real problem was Chad Randall. I don't know what the man was thinking of because he had been the hero until that point. Had he not passed the ball at that moment I think the game was yours. It certainly looked like it should have been.

I reckon, though, that the skill was all yours. The tries and that beautiful 40/20. Much better than what Wigan offered. Such a shame about that pass by Randall. He'll be kicking himself for a long time yet I should imagine. I hope he simply learns from it and doesn't let it get to him (other than to make sure he never does anything so daft again!).

But I wouldn't lose heart. There's no reason at all to believe that your season this year will be like last year's. None at all. Quins had grit, determination and skill out there. It was only your second league match and there is plenty of time to go.

And if the newbies in the stands enjoyed the match half as much as I did then they will be back, regardless of the fact that you lost this time.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach507
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2018Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36649.jpg
King Johns II wrote: 11th July 2018 2019 - Lam (Edwards part time in background) 2020 - Edwards Mr Lebron James replied with :CRAZY: King Johns II wrote: 11th July 2018 I am just letting you know what I have heard is happening the moral or professional aspects are not being discussed. Lam will be the main coach 2019 and Edwards will work along side but not in public view until 2020 maybe we will end up following the Leeds Rhinos director of rugby style. And Mr Lebron James replied with !!!!!! :DRUMMER: Lebron James wrote: Do you want to have a bet on that? I will bet whatever you want on it as long as there is a third party to hold the money. Regards - King James (Lebron) "THERE IS ONLY ONE KING..........JOHNS!":36649.jpg

I am on my way home from another good trip to London.
Thought chad randell was very good for u he organised the forwards and got them running onto the ball not like us.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12169No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10696_1330181301.jpg
london RL: scraping the barrel:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10696.jpg

Anyone know the attendance?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7392No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20337_1416501684.jpg

3882 I believe which is a concerns. 8000 last year for the Pies

108 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
108 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3662109375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC