FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > London Broncos > Still clapping the players off the field?
84 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach547
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Oct 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30416_1356373242.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_30416.gif

The world has changed. Union is now a professional monster with the top 1,000 rugby players in France, the next 1,000 in England, followed by next 500 in Australian Rugby League, and the next 500 in Northern clubs in SuperLeague (ignoring NZ, S Africa, Argentina and....) . Even when we were in SuperLeague it did not make any sense for us to have any world rugby players in the top 3,000.

I don't think the owner or management (or the colour of the shirt) has had much say in this. I do think Rugby League is the best spectator sport in the world and I will be applauding the team if they play above their potential win or lose. I wasn't clapping when the team looked disinterested as they did much of 2 years ago.

Fully understand why the decline would keep people away, but shouting at the captain of the boat to change the way the tide is going won't help.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2370No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16679.jpg
Well f**k my hat, I didn't know that! Come all without, come all within, we're London Broncos not the H********s!:16679.jpg

Quote: mickyb1234 "am quite interested that folk stopped going to watch the team because they changed the name!! did you stop watching rugby league full stop or did you go watch the Skolars?
If its the latter fine, if its the former then how sad! you could call the team Kevin for all i care, would not stop me watching em play. I never once uttered the words "come on the quins" I stuck to "come on London" but i kept going and kept supporting MY team!
If your way of protesting against how things are run is to not turn up then fine, but dont whinge abour dwindling crowds.'"

To be honest I was all set to knock it on the head with the Harlequins link up, went to the first game, could see it was still the same players more or less and decided to stick with it. Never bought any multi pastel tat, never chanted the H word or the Q word ( I must have sat somewhere near you as I used to hear another shout of 'come on London' on a regular basis ) , made a point of always wearing an old London shirt to games. Never expected the tie in to work, absolutely gutted about the collapse of the team and support since the Broncos relaunch. Will support the team til it ceases to exist, will applaud when it is deserved, will criticise when it is deserved ( Craig Gower copped it once at Gillingham!) - hoping they're wont be too many times it is so bad I either stay in the bar or bugger off with half an hour to go!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4799No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2021Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif
Freedom for supporters of the government, only for members of one party - however numerous they may be - is no freedom at all. freedom is always and exclusively for one who thinks differently. Rosa Luxemburg, 'Die russiche Revolution'.:Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif

Quote: atomic "I see your point,but originally when the likes of Roy Lester (personal friend by the way) set off to promote the game down South with Fulham.You were a new factor in the game and others got on board to that.You can't dispute you were handed a help all the way ticket.

How many years ago is that? So to see what was started, to see were it's at now,after that help in hand.Shows no progression.

Probably as stated too many hands in the pot..But couldn't you see that happening or were you just blind to it?'"

How is Roy these days? Put my own little tribute to him on Era of the Biff, as without his determination we would have folded in the summer of '84.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain675
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I would think the crowds are dwindling because for almost 5 seasons there has been nothing but total and utter dross on the pitch. The club is owned by a man who is too proud to ask for help in employing a decent coach and that is where the problem lies. He thinks he knows enough to employ coaches but he doesn't. You can have all the big name players or all the London players you want but without a good coach who knows what he wants, isn't afraid to rip into players when they are not producing the goods they are paid for or can coach a game then LB will never move forward. It starts with a really top level coach who can build a great team and put wins and excitement back on the pitch. Something to watch and enjoy will put bums on seats as it is not an expensive day our when compared to other sports.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1169
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1444_1283599199.jpg
Ealing here we come, onwards and downwards.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1444.jpg

Quote: itsmeagain "I would think the crowds are dwindling because for almost 5 seasons there has been nothing but total and utter dross on the pitch. The club is owned by a man who is too proud to ask for help in employing a decent coach and that is where the problem lies. He thinks he knows enough to employ coaches but he doesn't. You can have all the big name players or all the London players you want but without a good coach who knows what he wants, isn't afraid to rip into players when they are not producing the goods they are paid for or can coach a game then LB will never move forward. It starts with a really top level coach who can build a great team and put wins and excitement back on the pitch. Something to watch and enjoy will put bums on seats as it is not an expensive day our when compared to other sports.'"

Yep, this ^^^^^^^

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1169
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1444_1283599199.jpg
Ealing here we come, onwards and downwards.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1444.jpg

Quote: CrusaderPete "...And yes, the Skolars recieved my dollars.'"

He's a poet and he don't know it.
Sure you're not their copywriter?

84 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
84 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

7.02294921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Jayden Okunbor
Steve0
12m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
13m