JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013Oct 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I personally wouldn't call him spineless, the same as I wouldn't boo my own team regardless of how pathetic they are going. Thats just my opinion but I suppose when your employement is in professional sport then you are putting yourself in the firing line.

I have, however, lost any respect that I had for Powell, but not because he wont resign. We have been getting smashed week in week out and the only real change that he has made was putting Dorn on the bench and then dropping him the last few weeks, along with Sarginson for one week. Now I know Dorn has been very ordinary and I have no problems with him being dropped but we appear to have no structure in defence or attack and Powells answer is to drop the fullback.

That is until Dave Hughes announces a review into the whole set up and the very next week Powell makes the most changes he has to the team all year. Again no problems with him making changes, but it appears that he has only done that now that his neck is on the line,,,,rather than back in round 5, 6 or 7 when we may have still had some chance of salvaging the season (to a degree) and I think that's disgraceful.

Powell has put himself into the position where he deserves nothing better than to be shown the door as soon as possible.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman4799No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2021Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif
Freedom for supporters of the government, only for members of one party - however numerous they may be - is no freedom at all. freedom is always and exclusively for one who thinks differently. Rosa Luxemburg, 'Die russiche Revolution'.:Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif

Quote: Simon M "It was Lister, the drinking man's Baldrick.'"

icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach707No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/g24.gif
:Others/g24.gif

What is frustrating is that he can't see the problem.. at no point that I can recap has Powell come out and stated his plan. We're like a plastic bag in the wind......going where ever the breeze takes us. There is no structure or greater plan...what is our target finish this season? What is the next step of progression?

Watching the Cats game just wound me up. I love London and of course will continue to support them....but we just don't seem to have any patterns. It's one out football....but even worse than that...we don't even offer a support runner. The attacking structure is just plain awful. It is just so sad that we dont' seem to have any tactical pattern.

Powell needs support from an experienced mentor very quickly...his track record is proof he isn't up to it alone.

I just wish he'd come out and state what the greater plan is....so we can at least try and buy into it!

We're like Harlequins RU 4 or so years ago....rubbish and at the foot of the table (probably would get relegated if it was still there)....I can see we're giving youth a chance so hopefully this will benefit us in 4/5 years time....but without a strong manager with a game plan...I fear we'll just be saying the same thing then!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach707No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/g24.gif
:Others/g24.gif

Oh and tackling and the speed of our game is just depressing....at no point in the Cats game did we create an overlap...I think that says it all.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2259No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59709_1306485067.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59709.jpg

We tried to spread the ball at times and run out of players and ending up turning back inside-It was comical watching them try and put a backs move on.

We are utter rubbish and he is useless as a coach.

I just cannot imagine him trying to motivate trg sessions, make them interesting, raise the intensity of training, communicate plans, improve small areas in sessions- nothing

He sits high up in the stand emotionless-Im bamboozled by what he brings to the club.

Sargeson, Channing and Caro one side of Defence. Who the hell is helping them out with experience. Why not drop Robertons in to centre to lead the right quartet and put Dorn in at fullback or something like that, or put an experience back rower over there.

The rotation of Hooker-Witt for 36 mins til he misses touch from a penalty then whipped of, Randall for 44 mins - hmmmm

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: Hear Ye! "We're like Harlequins RU 4 or so years ago....rubbish and at the foot of the table (probably would get relegated if it was still there)....I can see we're giving youth a chance so hopefully this will benefit us in 4/5 years time....but without a strong manager with a game plan...I fear we'll just be saying the same thing then!'"

2 Words for you......

[sizeDEAN RICHARDS[/size
Like him or loathe him, players that I have met who played with and for him, say that he is a true leader.

The same can't be said about the current Head Coach at London Broncos RLFC icon_biggrin.gifEPRESSED:

Quins Unon have gone from the basement with crowds of 3,000 to the top with gates of 14,800 in the same time that we have;

PLAYED 178
WON 58
DRAWN 5
LOST 114
SCORED 3539
CONCEDED 5197
DIFFERENCE -1658
Gone from 4,917 fans to 2,878 icon_rolleyes.gif

One club saw the benefit of promotion and marketing as well as actively networking and re-establishing links with the City of London........the other has stumbled from farce to fiasco..........can you guess which one is which?

53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.224609375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
Wanderer
15m
Call for funds
Listenup94
18m