JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I can't really argue with comments on other threads that today's show was one of the worst ever (and I have been there week in week out since day one at Fulham) but I will try and leave all the emotion out.
In my view we have 3 key interlocking problems
1) The temporary ownership and management structure does no more than keep the ship afloat (just) and provides no foundation for real investment without which there can be no long term future.
2) We have a squad that even at full strength on paper is barely of Super League standard and pitiful when key players are out.
3) The crowds are the lowest in Super League and provide no financial basis for improvement either in terms of gate receipts or merchandise.

These problems must be solved in the order listed above if there is to be a future for Super League in London.

Ownership and investment
Would any sensible person buy into Quins RL as things are at the moment? It is difficult to see why anybody should, but unless they do, we can kiss goodbye to the club and the franchise.

Playing squad
The squad has obviously been assembled on a shoestring without sufficient quality or strength in depth to compete at this level. It is encouraging that so many young London-based players are involved, but you don't develop youngsters into stars by throwing them into a weak team and getting stuffed every game. It is no coincidence that the clubs with the best player development records have the strongest first team squads on which to build. Leeds are the most obvious example.
Unfortunately, we are unlikely to find the funds to strengthen the squad until the ownership and management issue has been resolved.

Crowds
The supporters are as demoralised as the team seems to be, down to the basic core and dwindling. Nobody but the most long-suffering supporter would pay to watch what we see now. You can criticise the marketing as much as you like, but there is just nothing to market at the moment. Every game is a disappointment at best and often a total embarrassment. There is no chance of improving attendances until we have a truly competitive squad and that can't happen until a settled ownership structure provides significant long-term investment.

Such a long post and no mention of the [icoach[/i yet ! I honestly think it is a side issue. Given the unsolved problems listed above, there isn't a coach in either hemisphere who could achieve suceess in the current climate with the present squad. I am not sure whether Brian McDermott is a good coach or not, but I am sure he is not the problem so getting rid of him can not be the solution.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1650No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: "Don't fret perry....the usual suspects will come out in defence of the club citing minor details as a distraction from the point of your post '"

Don’t come this [iusual suspect [/irubbish-Its interesting that your level of Rhetoric has risen at the same time the level of the fans discontent has risen.
[iLet’s take advantage of my opponents turned back and throw a cheap rabbit punch.[/i

Have you ever considered steadfast in adversity as an option rather than your current option of kick the man whilst he is down.

The trend is noted.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner20966No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6679_1399761959.png
[quote="dally messenger":1gysl9ow]was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have[/quote:1gysl9ow] [quote="eels fan":1gysl9ow]You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.[/quote:1gysl9ow]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6679.png

Quote: east stander "Don’t come this [iusual suspect [/irubbish-Its interesting that your level of Rhetoric has risen at the same time the level of the fans discontent has risen.
[iLet’s take advantage of my opponents turned back and throw a cheap rabbit punch.[/i

Have you ever considered steadfast in adversity as an option rather than your current option of kick the man whilst he is down.

The trend is noted.'"

As I have posted elsewhere.....6 games out of 59 at the stoop with a 5k+ gate. If anyone thinks that this is acceptable, please do tell...

As for rhetoric and rabbit punching....never had to throw a cheap shot. The club and most on here know who I am and I will back up any argument/debate face to face, by phone or video conference if need be

I don't give a flying one for the sensibilities of those that can't face facts.......I said the club needed more fans in 2003....and I will keep on saying it. I have never turned up the rhetorical (sic) volume to suit the mood.

From day #1 I have said the marketing of the club has been shi7e....from the days I met with a young lady in a porta-cabin at the stoop (great landlords quins were in those days) all the way to meetings with the RFL placed representative assisting the club last year.....the club fail to grasp that they have to fight for attention.

Trend noted? What the Fu(k? I have always been a gobby tw@....no trend there. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1294No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Dec 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23122.gif
:23122.gif

Quote: Perry "Just one observation from the KR game; O'Callaghan did some good stuff going forward but seemed to think he was attacking all game. I lost count of how many times he wasn't even looking at Kris Welham let alone marking him. KR could have scored 20 tries down that wing if they'd been sharp enough. And what makes it worse is that I didn't see the centre inside him pulling him up for it. That is the sort of basics that the coach can and should be dealing with. BTW I'm not suggesting that O'Callaghan was solely responsible for the debacle, it's just one example of where the team were just not doing the basics.'"
I totally agree, the boy looked out of his depth. BUT he is not helped by the joker on his inside. As an example, it is common practice to number off from the outside, so the winger picks his man (normally the opposite winger) and points him out, the centre takes the next man, etc. Too often O'C was pointing to his man and then there were 2 or 3 opposition blokes facing a gap before there was any sign of Clubb, goodness knows who he was pointing at ..... then there was no communication to resolve the issue. Lo and behold, 2 or 3 man overlap on a number of occassions and O'C looks like a fool as the winger saunters in unopposed. O'C needs a spell in the reserves getting his confidence back, Clubb needs to move into the pack where he belongs.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1169
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1444_1283599199.jpg
Ealing here we come, onwards and downwards.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1444.jpg

Quote: PC Plum "I totally agree, the boy looked out of his depth. BUT he is not helped by the joker on his inside. As an example, it is common practice to number off from the outside, so the winger picks his man (normally the opposite winger) and points him out, the centre takes the next man, etc. Too often O'C was pointing to his man and then there were 2 or 3 opposition blokes facing a gap before there was any sign of Clubb, goodness knows who he was pointing at ..... then there was no communication to resolve the issue. Lo and behold, 2 or 3 man overlap on a number of occassions and O'C looks like a fool as the winger saunters in unopposed. O'C needs a spell in the reserves getting his confidence back, Clubb needs to move into the pack where he belongs.'"

You're spot on. But again that is something the coach can look to address. Unfortunately the problems with the boardroom and the marketing are things hat he can't.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1169
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1444_1283599199.jpg
Ealing here we come, onwards and downwards.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1444.jpg

Quote: gutterfax "From day #1 I have said the marketing of the club has been shi7e....from the days I met with a young lady in a porta-cabin at the stoop (great landlords quins were in those days) all the way to meetings with the RFL placed representative assisting the club last year.....the club fail to grasp that they have to fight for attention.'"

I'd like to disagree, but I'm struggling to.

51 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
51 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.064453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Saints h
apollosghost
8m
Shopping list for 2025
Cuddleclub
16m