JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: meast "It means, that anybody is welcome to come to a meeting and hear what people say but they also trust that some of the more sensitive stuff and personal thoughts are kept away from social media etc.

You wouldn't expect an evening with, say, a famous person to be broadcast to the wider public, imagine if you had paid for the privilege of hearing someone's thoughts and sensitive stuff, you wouldn't then expect everyone to have access to what was said, that's basically what happens, people ask for things not to be broadcast to the wider public, but anyone is able to come and see and hear the speakers.

n is for, to all ends and purposes.'"

Fair enough meast, I do understand what you are trying to say, I have to say it still makes no sense to me whatever, except that as you say, I couldn't expect to hear the stuff that other people had payed to hear, for free.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Some people see themselves as entitled to know everything that goes on in other people's lives just because they are a "fan" of the club, and yet continue to be negative and pull everything and everyone down, that's not aimed at you specifically JJ but just generally.
I wouldn't expect to know everything that happens inside the club and people's personal and private thoughts just because i support the team,
__________________________________________________________________________________________

I have no idea what this section is about at all. I know it is not " aimed at me specifically " although i am the only person you mention in it.

I am interested to hear why you class people as bitching whining moaners because they post their opinions on the forum.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1480No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Apr 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
26718_1373547596.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_26718.jpg

Quote: brearley84 "is connor still going?! last statement from the club was from thewlis saying their would be hell on if it went ahead or to words of that affect ... gone quiet
Still going Brearley

www.hullfc.com/news/2016-10-08-p ... ake-connor
Quote: brearley84 "is connor still going?! last statement from the club was from thewlis saying their would be hell on if it went ahead or to words of that affect ... gone quiet
Still going Brearley

www.hullfc.com/news/2016-10-08-p ... ake-connor

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4913
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"[color=#800000]Huddersfield[/color] -[color=#FF8000]The Birthplace of Rugby League[/color]" [color=#FF8000]They couldnt beat us[/color] -[color=#800000]so they joined[/color] !:

then heres a scenario to give all posters in this argument food for thought............

A newcomer applies to become a member and submits his form and a fiver
As one more on the membership roster, he lives locally , has suitable credentials and is enthusiastically "welcomed on board"

He then regularly attends the regular question and answer sessions , and regularly plays golf /enjoys a drink/was best man(?) and is a close friend of or actually is an employee of the rugby league press or media ...................?

Hypothetical scenario I know, but bearing in mind todays press not totally unimagineable!

Playing devils advocate for a moment, it occurs to me , that,despite every effort to maintain close relations with our club fan base (which would be highly commendable in a perfect world ), the club , management and Ken would be very naive to allow sensitive / confidential information to be disclosed to all and sundry , and even press releases will be carefully edited and worded ( do you agree / or not - depending on your particular viewpoint.)..........?
Answers (on a postcard to)................ icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5417-2890lipst1ck_d0rk-msnicons.jpg
If i was to marry, i dont know if i ought to, if i would, if i should , i'd marry a Prop's daughter, she'd go down, i'd go down, we'd all go down together, we'd be alright in the middle of the night going down together!!:icons42da_files/5417-2890lipst1ck_d0rk-msnicons.jpg

Im a little lost as to what this has to do with Stone or coaching or am i missing something?

Is there a topic hiding somewhere titled fans getting on each others t*ts that has all our Ricks coaching abilities been discussed and the two have got mixed up?

On a brighter note looking forward to next season and getting my season ticket and hopefully see some movement in and out of the club to freshen things up

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner736No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6243.gif
This will be our year......................................................Hopefully! But maybe not with child running amock.:6243.gif

Quote: HuddsRL5 "Still going Brearley

Yes Jake is deffo still going.
I pay my £5 to the HGSA but always seem to have other commitments when the meetings are on so don't get to hear whats said, but I do know the facts re Jake Connor.
Jake signed a contract with Hull FC while Baloo was here as Jake had been told he was not wanted by Baloo. Jake signed what he believed was a pre contract with FC and thought he would be signing the full contract after his birthday, this month. Baloo left and Jake actually signed a contract with the Giants to stay with us. When this was registered with the RFL we were informed that he had a contract with FC already in place. The Giants contacted FC who said they wanted a transfer fee to release Jake from the contract which we refused, don't blame the club why should we pay a fee for a player who has come through our academy? I don't know how the hell that contract worked but it's so obviously a loop hole which needs closing to stop clubs from being ripped off like we were.
So as it stands Jake is looking forward to the next stage of his career and playing for FC but is also genuinely sad to be leaving the Giants.
Now why couldn't the club come out with these facts? We do seem to be a bit lax when it comes to communication with the fans.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????:disney/00004.gif

Quote: raceman "Yes Jake is deffo still going.
I pay my £5 to the HGSA but always seem to have other commitments when the meetings are on so don't get to hear whats said, but I do know the facts re Jake Connor.
Jake signed a contract with Hull FC while Baloo was here as Jake had been told he was not wanted by Baloo. Jake signed what he believed was a pre contract with FC and thought he would be signing the full contract after his birthday, this month. Baloo left and Jake actually signed a contract with the Giants to stay with us. When this was registered with the RFL we were informed that he had a contract with FC already in place. The Giants contacted FC who said they wanted a transfer fee to release Jake from the contract which we refused, don't blame the club why should we pay a fee for a player who has come through our academy? I don't know how the hell that contract worked but it's so obviously a loop hole which needs closing to stop clubs from being ripped off like we were.
So as it stands Jake is looking forward to the next stage of his career and playing for FC but is also genuinely sad to be leaving the Giants.
Now why couldn't the club come out with these facts? We do seem to be a bit lax when it comes to communication with the fans.'"

Two reasons why the club did not come out of the facts neither is prticualrly positive in my view.

If Baloo did not want him then that was a coaching decision. It is up to others to determine if that was a mistake or not. Bringing Latne Patrick back and letting Hughes go was a mistake. Was it because of the coach or was it because Wigan wanted Patrick and we demanded a fee. In the end we brought back a player who moved on very quickly. In my view that was a mistake. We could probably have kept Hughes if we had let Patrick go for nothing. They could not say it was Baloos decision at the time because he was under so much pressure and it would have added extra voices to those who said Baloo should go.

Now for those that are bemoaning Connor going are they the same ones who wanted Baloo to stay because either way they are wrong on at least one point.

The second scenario is that although we wanted to keep Connor we thought we could do it on the cheap. Offer him a deal and if he refused and went somewhere else we thought we would be entitled to compensation. In te end the management of Hull FC were a lot cleverer than hours and exploited a loophole which our management had not foreseen. Hence Thelis's bizarre and inncurate rant that if Hull wanted him then they would have to pay us.

The club tell the fans nothing because if they told the truth it would add to those who already raise questions about the management of the club.

RankPostsTeam
International Star10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60098_1402496159.jpg
the future's bright the future's [color=#800000:1p3f9jf7]claret [/color:1p3f9jf7] and [color=#FFFF40:1p3f9jf7]gold [/color:1p3f9jf7]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60098.jpg

Quote: Durham Giant "Two reasons why the club did not come out of the facts neither is prticualrly positive in my view.

If Baloo did not want him then that was a coaching decision. It is up to others to determine if that was a mistake or not. Bringing Latne Patrick back and letting Hughes go was a mistake. Was it because of the coach or was it because Wigan wanted Patrick and we demanded a fee. In the end we brought back a player who moved on very quickly. In my view that was a mistake. We could probably have kept Hughes if we had let Patrick go for nothing. They could not say it was Baloos decision at the time because he was under so much pressure and it would have added extra voices to those who said Baloo should go.

Now for those that are bemoaning Connor going are they the same ones who wanted Baloo to stay because either way they are wrong on at least one point.

The second scenario is that although we wanted to keep Connor we thought we could do it on the cheap. Offer him a deal and if he refused and went somewhere else we thought we would be entitled to compensation. In te end the management of Hull FC were a lot cleverer than hours and exploited a loophole which our management had not foreseen. Hence Thelis's bizarre and inncurate rant that if Hull wanted him then they would have to pay us.

The club tell the fans nothing because if they told the truth it would add to those who already raise questions about the management of the club.'"

How do you work out we could have kept Hughes if we had let Patrick go for nothing? Hughes was OOC at Wigan, Patrick still had a year left.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????:disney/00004.gif

Quote: jools "How do you work out we could have kept Hughes if we had let Patrick go for nothing? Hughes was OOC at Wigan, Patrick still had a year left.'"

Because Wigan said they wanted to keep him. Shaun Wane said in the press I want to keep him.

But They then said they were not prepared to pay a transfer fee that the Giants were asking. Go and look at the press reports at the time.

Because we would not let Patrick go for free we had less room on the SC.

I said at the time we should not bring back an unhappy player.

But no we brought him back it was clear he did not want to be here, damaged morales so we let him go to Cas on loan for NO MONEY to get rid. That was 3 months into the season when we were struggling with injuries and had little chance to bring anyone of quality in.

If we had let him go at the end of last season we could have done some better planning for the 2016 season.

If we had let Robbo retire when it was clear he was crocked we could have done some better planning for the 2016 season.

THIS IS NOT FOOKING ROCKET SCIENCE IT IS BASIC FOOKING MANAGEMENT DO YOU NOT GET THAT.

SOMETHING OUR CLUB SEEMS INCAPABLE OF DOING.

RankPostsTeam
International Star10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60098_1402496159.jpg
the future's bright the future's [color=#800000:1p3f9jf7]claret [/color:1p3f9jf7] and [color=#FFFF40:1p3f9jf7]gold [/color:1p3f9jf7]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60098.jpg

Quote: Durham Giant "Because Wigan said they wanted to keep him. Shaun Wane said in the press I want to keep him.

But They then said they were not prepared to pay a transfer fee that the Giants were asking. Go and look at the press reports at the time.

Because we would not let Patrick go for free we had less room on the SC.

I said at the time we should not bring back an unhappy player.

But no we brought him back it was clear he did not want to be here, damaged morales so we let him go to Cas on loan for NO MONEY to get rid. That was 3 months into the season when we were struggling with injuries and had little chance to bring anyone of quality in.

If we had let him go at the end of last season we could have done some better planning for the 2016 season.

If we had let Robbo retire when it was clear he was crocked we could have done some better planning for the 2016 season.

THIS IS NOT FOOKING ROCKET SCIENCE IT IS BASIC FOOKING MANAGEMENT DO YOU NOT GET THAT.

SOMETHING OUR CLUB SEEMS INCAPABLE OF DOING.'"

So if we had let a player go for nothing you wouldn't have moaned about that? You would rather Wigan bent us over and smacked our backside and had us as a mug? You've moaned about the wY they handled Connor getting nothing for him but you think Wigan should have been able to walk all over us. Yep that would stand us in good stead in future negotiations....
How do you know cas paid us nothing???? You don't. You are happy to believe the press when it's another club but not when it's us. You don't know what the club agreed with cas, and you do t know the negotiations that were discussed with Wigan either.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif

I never moaned about us gettin nothing for Connor. Personally I don't rate him except as a squad player. Maybe he will prove me wrong.

I moaned about us been to stupid to manage the situation properly

YES I SAID AT THE TIME WITH Patrick we should have got shut, his form had dipped he did not want to be here. Sometimes it is better to cut your losses to move on. If it was a choice of taking a hit on Patrick to get Hughes I would have kissed wanes to seal the deal.

Instead we bring him back when we did not want him and then let him go when it was clear he did not want to play for us.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner736No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6243.gif
This will be our year......................................................Hopefully! But maybe not with child running amock.:6243.gif

If I remember correctly we wanted to keep Hughes but he wanted to be nearer home for personal family reasons so went over t'other side of the hill.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif

Quote: raceman "If I remember correctly we wanted to keep Hughes but he wanted to be nearer home for personal family reasons so went over t'other side of the hill.'"

Even if that was the case it does not explain us bring Patrick back and waiting for that to explode in our face

RankPostsTeam
International Star10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60098_1402496159.jpg

Quote: Durham Giant "Even if that was the case it does not explain us bring Patrick back and waiting for that to explode in our face'"

You have no idea what the situation was with larne- you have no idea if Wigan actually made hudds an offer or whether they refused to pay a fee at all, you don't know whether they wanted him on the cheap or even made larne an offer at all- for all you know they may have made him an offer and he turned it down as it was less than he was on with the Giants! You have no idea whether we got anything for him when he went to cas either. you are saying it was a bad move- when you don't actually know what the move was!!!! It didn't explode in our face did it- it allowed us to move him off our salary cap and get ikahihifo in in his place.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14986
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Larne didn't want to stay at Wigan, he didn't feel accepted and that he fitted in, he felt like an outsider there, he wanted to come back here as he always felt at home here, Paul Anderson didn't have him in his plans and therefore made him look for another club.
Larne wanted to play here and wanted to get his career back on track but was left with no choice. Shame he was messed about as he was a cracking player for us in the past and still had a lot to offer.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1623
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: GIANT DAZ "Larne didn't want to stay at Wigan, he didn't feel accepted and that he fitted in, he felt like an outsider there, he wanted to come back here as he always felt at home here, Paul Anderson didn't have him in his plans and therefore made him look for another club.
Larne wanted to play here and wanted to get his career back on track but was left with no choice. Shame he was messed about as he was a cracking player for us in the past and still had a lot to offer.'"

You seem to know a lot more than Durham does, Daz

86 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant
86 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.11669921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
Wanderer
2m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
4m