JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2018May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: fartown since 1961 "Please you have to be kidding Warrington fans were moaning because of a slight under performance.

Huddersfield 2016 12th place one win from nine matches.

Warrington 2015 finished 6th I think certainly comfortably middle 8's and they got to the Challenge Cup semi Finals ??

Lot of difference there give me Warringtons 2015 finish now for us this season and I wouldn't be asking should the coach leave.

They are probably laughing because one of their great rivals season has gone down the toilet and there doesn't seem to be a plan to fix it!!'"

We won't know IF he can fix it unless he's given a chance. IF he has the dressing room still then he stays! Can't risk bringing anyone else in because it could go much worse.
There's plenty of season to go yet. 4-5 wins in a row and we are probably top 8 depending on other results.
We need to keep faith don't we or our players are going to be playing in front of a bunch of people who have given up.

RankPostsTeam
International Star10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60098_1402496159.jpg
the future's bright the future's [color=#800000:1p3f9jf7]claret [/color:1p3f9jf7] and [color=#FFFF40:1p3f9jf7]gold [/color:1p3f9jf7]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60098.jpg

I think that second sentence is key. If he has the dressing room. Jon sharp did not (that from a then ex player) I suspect NB lost it due to his will-he-won't-he antics.
If the players still respect PA then he will stay a while longer.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain42
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Hi,

Fartown Fan who has watched from the Murphy days here, i tried to log in with my old username (Hangerman) but the email address i used to register that account was deleted some time ago, so had to make this new one.

Anyhow! I read the boards a lot but don't post, but i feel i need to air my opinion on this important matter. Personally i feel that if the club has the same ambition as the other top clubs (which we were in the mix with up until last year) then we should have removed Anderson at the end of last year. I have a lot of respect for him as a man, and i'm sure he has many good qualities, but he has shown over the last three years that he does not have the coaching ability (through tactics or player selection/recruitment) to alter the underlying problem we have, which is capitulation in pressure situations. Our utterly lousy performance in play off games (worst of any team i believe) was not addressed over the last three years, when we have had good league finishes and then gone on to underperform in the pressure games. If we had the kind of ruthless ambition that the top teams have they would have parted company with him at that point.

Now we are at the other end of the league, and guess what, he still has not been able to change things between matches to alter our fortunes. As players have returned, and we have had a better squad than most of the teams we have played in the last few weeks (and i mean available squad) we still have been unable to cope when the pressure has been put on late in the game.

We need a coach who can affect a change in that mentality, whether one is available is entirely another matter , but it is clear that Anderson does not have that capability and we need to replace him before the challenge cup game. A good win in the challenge cup could be the catalyst for winning league games (even if against lower opposition) and i would like to see a new man in charge for that game.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1624
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Hangermans "Hi,

Fartown Fan who has watched from the Murphy days here, i tried to log in with my old username (Hangerman) but the email address i used to register that account was deleted some time ago, so had to make this new one.

Anyhow! I read the boards a lot but don't post, but i feel i need to air my opinion on this important matter. Personally i feel that if the club has the same ambition as the other top clubs (which we were in the mix with up until last year) then we should have removed Anderson at the end of last year. I have a lot of respect for him as a man, and i'm sure he has many good qualities, but he has shown over the last three years that he does not have the coaching ability (through tactics or player selection/recruitment) to alter the underlying problem we have, which is capitulation in pressure situations. Our utterly lousy performance in play off games (worst of any team i believe) was not addressed over the last three years, when we have had good league finishes and then gone on to underperform in the pressure games. If we had the kind of ruthless ambition that the top teams have they would have parted company with him at that point.

Now we are at the other end of the league, and guess what, he still has not been able to change things between matches to alter our fortunes. As players have returned, and we have had a better squad than most of the teams we have played in the last few weeks (and i mean available squad) we still have been unable to cope when the pressure has been put on late in the game.

We need a coach who can affect a change in that mentality, whether one is available is entirely another matter , but it is clear that Anderson does not have that capability and we need to replace him before the challenge cup game. A good win in the challenge cup could be the catalyst for winning league games (even if against lower opposition) and i would like to see a new man in charge for that game.'"

I agree with a lot of that post, I wish we had a Murphy now. He was in his coaching, as he was on the field, not interested in endless excuses for underperforming IMO.

I believe myself it is a mistake to compare where we are now with where the club were in the dark days, everything is on a different level, we should be comparing ourselves against the teams around us. We may well have won more games than any other team , as someone has said, but apart from the Hubcap who everyone regards as a second prize ( although myself I don't ) we have won nothing. We have celebrated getting to the CC final twice as though we had won team of the century, we lost both.

I just feel that while we are celebrating winning nothing, our players are going backwards , and Mr Davy's money is being squandered, I feel we are missing our big chance, The so called Big clubs do not hesitate to change things that are not right , or not working, we aspire to be one of these clubs. A change now could not make anything worse, but we have to have another T Smith or N Brown ( without the wobbles ) D Clark has done an excellent job since he started coaching, There will be more out there, especially in OZ, That's where I would be looking. Just MO

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain42
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jo Jumbuck "I agree with a lot of that post, I wish we had a Murphy now. He was in his coaching, as he was on the field, not interested in endless excuses for underperforming IMO.

I believe myself it is a mistake to compare where we are now with where the club were in the dark days, everything is on a different level, we should be comparing ourselves against the teams around us. We may well have won more games than any other team , as someone has said, but apart from the Hubcap who everyone regards as a second prize ( although myself I don't ) we have won nothing. We have celebrated getting to the CC final twice as though we had won team of the century, we lost both.

I just feel that while we are celebrating winning nothing, our players are going backwards , and Mr Davy's money is being squandered, I feel we are missing our big chance, The so called Big clubs do not hesitate to change things that are not right , or not working, we aspire to be one of these clubs. A change now could not make anything worse, but we have to have another T Smith or N Brown ( without the wobbles ) D Clark has done an excellent job since he started coaching, There will be more out there, especially in OZ, That's where I would be looking. Just MO'"

Absolutely true, we have often complained that commentators and fans of other clubs have not treated us with the respect we deserve due to our league placings and squad strength, when the truth is that we as supporters have been just as guilty. Even now we want to give Anderson more time 'because he won something' when the truth is that we have missed the opportunity of having a squad at least as good as the 'top teams' over the last few years, and have underperformed with it in terms of actually winning things. Because we aren't used to winning things we have been happy to celebrate the crumbs we have got such as the hubcap and good ratios of wins (in the regular season) against the top clubs when the reality is we should have at least one meaningful trophy to show for it. Is there another club who has positioned in the top four as we have over the last five years that has neither a superleague trophy or challenge cup to show for it?

I also agree that it also appears to only really be the Antipodean coaches who can transform a club into winners. Although there are many successful British coaches who have won things here, the transformational changes have only been brought about with aussie coaches. Brian Smith did it for Bradford, Tony Smith did it for Leeds and Warrington. Maybe this is because it is actually possible for a club in the NRL to come from nowhere and start winning things (South Sydney and the cowboys being obvious examples) whereas in this country we are conditioned to subconsciously accept that only the clubs who have a history of winning things can do so. We need a new coach, but we need the right coach, i hope the moves to find him is occuring as we speak.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14986
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Cas and Widnes have won nothing under their respective coaches but I doubt you would find one of their fans demanding they're sacked cos 'they haven't won anything'.
How long did it take Leeds to finally break the nearly men run ?? It didn't happen overnight it took years ...they built the club up till it was ready ...that is what we're trying to do.
Even Wigan had to taste relegation before they became the all conquering team everyone hated.
Maybe we shouldn't base our club models on them but like Bradford's ....spend money we don't have to win things then watch the club implode when it catches up with you !!.
We can't just sack every coach who doesn't win everything !!

Winning the LLS was a massive achievement for this club, we needed more fans more money to move on to the next level ..it hasn't happened yet and everyone is to blame not just 1 man !!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain42
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Again, why are we comparing ourselves with Cas and Widnes? We are a top four club based on our finishes from the last five seasons, they are not. The question was which of the other top four clubs have not won a challenge cup or superleague trophy. Winning the LLS was not a massive achievement for a team who has placed as we have at the end of the regular season as we have over the last five years, you are basing that assertion on our past record and not the strength of our squad over the last five years. The fact is that we have continually been unable to perform in high pressure situations which has led to our demise in every play off series we have entered and Anderson has had 3 good goes at improving this situation and has been unable to do so. Now we have the same pressure situation occuring at the other end of the league and we have the same result.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43854_1545310668.jpg
HUDDERSFIELD - THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43854.jpg

Quote: Durham Giant "Ken has also openly said that he waited too long to get rid of Brown and that was a mistake HTH'"

yeh but that was a mess all round as brown had signed to coach st helens so his position was unteniable

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1624
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: GIANT DAZ "Cas and Widnes have won nothing under their respective coaches but I doubt you would find one of their fans demanding they're sacked cos 'they haven't won anything'.
How long did it take Leeds to finally break the nearly men run ?? It didn't happen overnight it took years ...they built the club up till it was ready ...that is what we're trying to do.
Even Wigan had to taste relegation before they became the all conquering team everyone hated.
Maybe we shouldn't base our club models on them but like Bradford's ....spend money we don't have to win things then watch the club implode when it catches up with you !!.
We can't just sack every coach who doesn't win everything !!

Winning the LLS was a massive achievement for this club, we needed more fans more money to move on to the next level ..it hasn't happened yet and everyone is to blame not just 1 man !!'"

What do you think might be a way to get more fans coming then Daz, bearing in mind the numbers have fallen quite a lot during Mr Andersons tenure, That by the way is not a moan or a criticism just a fact. and this is despite winning the Hubcap.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????:disney/00004.gif

I have to say I find the parallels between the "loyal" fans on here with god squadders amazing.

" ye of little faith, you need to repent your sins and your disloyalty. You need to throw away your material hopes of success.
We have to believe and trust in our Lord Anderson, he will lead us to the promised land. But to reach the promised land you have to accept the hardship of the journey. You must pay your dues and then you too will reach heaven.

The unbelievers, the doubters those that deny the one true leader ( insert Anderson or Thewlis as you wish), should be cast away.

Only those who truly believe and trust in the word of anderson can be regarded as the righteous( or Loyal) ones".

This is the word of the Lord ( insert Daz, jools meast etc)

Amen

RankPostsTeam
International Star1331No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: AntonyGiant "We won't know IF he can fix it unless he's given a chance. IF he has the dressing room still then he stays! Can't risk bringing anyone else in because it could go much worse.
There's plenty of season to go yet. 4-5 wins in a row and we are probably top 8 depending on other results.
We need to keep faith don't we or our players are going to be playing in front of a bunch of people who have given up.'"

Plenty of season ?? the cut off is 23 we have played 9 that's more than a third already we have won 1from 9 which means we need to win at least 8/9 from the next 14 to miss the middle 8's. On current form with our next four matches being hard ones it's highly unlikely.

Given up ?? If I was giving up it would have been around 30 years ago when we had real problems.

The trouble is there's too many on here that want to have their say but are offended if someone else has a differing opinion. They hide behind being the true supporters which is a load of nonsense.

When you've been to Huyton, Borough Park Blackpool, Kent Invicta, Mansfield Marksmen etc etc been there with a couple of hundred at a dilapidated Fartown and are still here 30 years and more later you are a supporter but no more or less than one who started supporting last week.

The state of affairs at the moment is ripe for debate but it still doesn't stop me and many others supporting the team despite having our own opinion.

In any team sport the players, coaches etc are in a performance and result based arena and when that performance dips for a prolonged period questions need to be asked.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1624
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: fartown since 1961 "Plenty of season ?? the cut off is 23 we have played 9 that's more than a third already we have won 1from 9 which means we need to win at least 8/9 from the next 14 to miss the middle 8's. On current form with our next four matches being hard ones it's highly unlikely.

Given up ?? If I was giving up it would have been around 30 years ago when we had real problems.

The trouble is there's too many on here that want to have their say but are offended if someone else has a differing opinion. They hide behind being the true supporters which is a load of nonsense.

When you've been to Huyton, Borough Park Blackpool, Kent Invicta, Mansfield Marksmen etc etc been there with a couple of hundred at a dilapidated Fartown and are still here 30 years and more later you are a supporter but no more or less than one who started supporting last week.

The state of affairs at the moment is ripe for debate but it still doesn't stop me and many others supporting the team despite having our own opinion.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14986
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Bunch a weirdo's on here .....i'm off !!! eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1624
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: GIANT DAZ "Bunch a weirdo's on here .....i'm off !!!

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif Way to go DAZ

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4913
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"[color=#800000]Huddersfield[/color] -[color=#FF8000]The Birthplace of Rugby League[/color]" [color=#FF8000]They couldnt beat us[/color] -[color=#800000]so they joined[/color] !:

Here's a thought (as its the current trend) - and could make us all friends again

............. a 6 month loan swap - McDermot / Anderson

Two teams struggling that need a change of fortune ...… perhaps a new `face.....get back to where they should be ......and we start over!

Smiles all over. West Yorks!

104 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant
104 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.1748046875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Trojan Horse
5m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Irregular Ho
5m
Finn out Murrell in
Encouraged
6m
Realistic targets for 2025
Tarquin Fueg
13m
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 27
finglas
19m
Rumours thread
Kirmudgeonly
24m
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Bullseye
25m
Round 26 Wigan Away
christopher
33m
Accounts
faxcar
47m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
fuzzylogic22
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Planning for next season
mwindass
1m
Round 26 Wigan Away
christopher
1m
Toulouse away
Listenup94
1m
finglas
1m
Shopping list for 2025
DSJ1983
1m
Betting 2024
karetaker
2m
Tarquin Fueg
2m
York City Knights home
Trojan Horse
2m
Squad 2024
Listenup94
2m
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Finn out Murrell in
Encouraged
TODAY
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
TODAY
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Bullseye
TODAY
Shareholders Meeting
Trojan Horse
TODAY
James Clark
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Le Cats at home - Los Alomos Custers Last Stand
Hasbag
TODAY
Tarquin Fueg
TODAY
finglas
TODAY
Club Statement
UllFC
TODAY
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside York Knights Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Old FC when we knew how to play rugby
mk_fc
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition London Home
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Dons v Widnes - Sunday 15 September 2024
Kick and cha
TODAY
Catalans Keep Season Alive With Victory Over The Broncos
RLFANS News
TODAY
A new low
Jo Jumbuck
TODAY
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And Send Hull FC Bottom
RLFANS News
TODAY
Points difference
orangeman
TODAY
Toulouse away
Listenup94
TODAY
Todays game v Giants
Barbed Wire
TODAY
Staying or Not
batleyrhino
TODAY
Salford H Moved to Thursday
NickyKiss
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +13,434 80,11914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Thu 19th Sep
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R27
20:00
Huddersfield
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Salford
 Fri 20th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Cronulla
v
NQL Cowboys
       Championship 2024-R27
19:30
Sheffield
v
York
Hull KR
v
Leeds
Leigh
v
St.Helens
Warrington
v
LondonB
 Sat 21st Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Sydney
v
Manly
15:00
Hull FC
v
Catalans
       Championship 2024-R27
18:00
Featherstone
v
Dewsbury
18:00
Widnes
v
Toulouse
19:30
Wakefield
v
Barrow
 Sun 22nd Sep
       Championship 2024-R27
Batley
v
Swinton
Halifax
v
Bradford
Swinton
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R24
Hunslet
v
Midlands
Keighley
v
Rochdale
 Sat 28th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
17:00
Toulouse
v
Batley
 Sun 29th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
Barrow
v
Widnes
Bradford
v
Swinton
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 19th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Salford
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
Sat 21st Sep
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 15th Sep
WSL2024 14 FeatherstoneW6-32York V
WSL2024 14 Hudds W36-0Wire W
CH 26 Barrow34-14Whitehaven
CH 26 Bradford16-14Batley
CH 26 Dewsbury16-28Swinton
CH 26 Doncaster30-14Widnes
CH 26 Featherstone6-20Sheffield
CH 26 Wakefield20-4York
NRL 28 Canterbury22-24Manly
L1 23 Midlands24-22Workington
L1 23 Rochdale30-18Hunslet
Sat 14th Sep
SL 26 Hull FC4-58Salford
SL 26 Catalans12-8LondonB
SL 26 Huddersfield0-66Warrington
CH 26 Toulouse38-18Halifax
NRL 28 Melbourne37-10Cronulla
NRL 28 NQL Cowboys28-16Newcastle
Fri 13th Sep
SL 26 Leigh0-24Hull KR
SL 26 St.Helens40-4Castleford
SL 26 Wigan38-0Leeds
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 26 657 336 321 42
Hull KR 26 693 311 382 40
Warrington 26 684 319 365 38
Salford 26 550 483 67 32
St.Helens 26 584 370 214 30
Leigh 26 548 386 162 29

Leeds 26 514 462 52 28
Catalans 26 451 423 28 28
Huddersfield 26 434 648 -214 18
Castleford 26 415 701 -286 15
LondonB 26 317 862 -545 6
Hull FC 26 324 870 -546 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 24 892 256 636 46
Bradford 24 618 373 245 32
Toulouse 23 662 340 322 31
Sheffield 24 594 472 122 28
Widnes 24 513 433 80 27
York 25 613 439 174 26

Featherstone 24 566 472 94 26
Doncaster 24 470 527 -57 23
Batley 24 378 513 -135 20
Halifax 24 475 617 -142 20