JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43854_1545310668.jpg
HUDDERSFIELD - THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43854.jpg

think its not really the giants fault...wonder how much say they have in the designs...think kooga have more to do with it than we think

other teams have shirts made by kooga and they are all similar with the lines up the sides ..(bradford,salford..)

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14986
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: brearley84 "think its not really the giants fault...wonder how much say they have in the designs...think kooga have more to do with it than we think

other teams have shirts made by kooga and they are all similar with the lines up the sides ..(bradford,salford..)'"

The club will have to agree to a design as its their uniform for the season .....i'm sure someone at the club has a say in what kind of kits the team plays in and is ultimately reproduced for the fans to buy........but the last few years has seen a shift towards what can only be described (my opinion) as garbage, awful eyesores that appeal to our younger fans ........i dont like them, i wont buy them, someone offered me the chance to purchase a proper traditional Fartown shirt and 10 times better quality than what the club offers for a cheaper price !!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1050
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB120.gif
2013 FARTOWN LLS Winners Danny Brough Man of Steel Paul Anderson Coach of the Year Dream Team selections Leroy Cudjoe Danny Brough Shaun Lunt Big Eorl Brett Ferres All in all not a bad year:cartoons/WB120.gif

Picked ours up today, and I think they're great, really think the club/Kooga have missed a trick here, a good quality traditional Fartown shirt at a reasonable price. I still buy things from the shop but some of the merchandise is IMO very poor in quality, highly priced and in my experience doesn't wear very well.

Thanks again Rod.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member15309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2115.jpg
[img:1ucbtp34]http://i62.tinypic.com/2hs0qkg.jpg[/img:1ucbtp34] [color=#BF0000:1ucbtp34]the [size=100:1ucbtp34]C[/size:1ucbtp34]laret [size=100:1ucbtp34]A[/size:1ucbtp34]nd [size=100:1ucbtp34]G[/size:1ucbtp34]old [size=100:1ucbtp34]M[/size:1ucbtp34]achine is ready to roll[/color:1ucbtp34] sunday September 1st 2013, when a dream became a reality!!:2115.jpg

Quote: ShelleyGiant "Picked ours up today, and I think they're great, really think the club/Kooga have missed a trick here, a good quality traditional Fartown shirt at a reasonable price. I still buy things from the shop but some of the merchandise is IMO very poor in quality, highly priced and in my experience doesn't wear very well.

Thanks again Rod.'"

i've been saying for years now to you and anyone who will listen that the club could be onto a real money spinner if they did some retro shirts,sadly it never materialised, so crackers/the ex players cracked on with them and bingo!

agree with daz though that most of the recent replica shirts are trying to be modern and cool and appealing to a small section of our support.
i still cant beleive more than 20 of the apalling away shirts have been sold icon_mrgreen.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1050
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB120.gif
2013 FARTOWN LLS Winners Danny Brough Man of Steel Paul Anderson Coach of the Year Dream Team selections Leroy Cudjoe Danny Brough Shaun Lunt Big Eorl Brett Ferres All in all not a bad year:cartoons/WB120.gif

Quote: meast "i've been saying for years now to you and anyone who will listen that the club could be onto a real money spinner if they did some retro shirts,sadly it never materialised, so crackers/the ex players cracked on with them and bingo!

agree with daz though that most of the recent replica shirts are trying to be modern and cool and appealing to a small section of our support.
i still cant beleive more than 20 of the apalling away shirts have been sold
I think our Joe will like his, no doubt it'll be showing in all the pubs around Stirling, it's the first time he's not bought a replica shirt for years. He can't make this weeks match but I think he's down for next weeks match at Wakey and the Town match on Saturday.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4913
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"[color=#800000]Huddersfield[/color] -[color=#FF8000]The Birthplace of Rugby League[/color]" [color=#FF8000]They couldnt beat us[/color] -[color=#800000]so they joined[/color] !:

I think a lot has already been said but I will try fill in the gaps

Many of the ex-players have been asked to sell their traditional shirts for fans who have been asking for this hooped design for quite a while
Some have a few - some are down to one "threadbare" one - some have none !!
But many of these players have fond memories of their playing days and treasure their old kit
Some were "one club" players -and proud of the fact ............so .........
it was decided to commission a shirt matching the traditional hooped design and material as closely as possible to offer solely to the Association members

It became apparent that there was also within the fan base a small group of fans ( many from the Spaines Road era) that had been asking the club for such a shirt for quite a number of seasons but had been told that it was not, in the modern game, commercially viable

It is a major factor that merchandise brings a fair amount of revenue into the club and is paramount to their profitability but from the posts above it can be seen that many were not keen on the alternatives and if offered a "take THIS or leave it" they made their own decision

When yet again ex players were approached it was suggested that the design commissioned could be offered on request to such supporters (but without the ex-players emblem - see Faraway`s post)
We are not stockpiling 1000`s in a warehouse and the small numbers involved are purely to specific order

These fans knew EXACTLY what design they required and we were a possible source
Despite not being keen on the alternatives - they still wanted an identity and to make their presence felt supporting the claret and gold -and be proud of that fact as I am !!!

Many of the younger ones who prefer the more modern designs and "turn their noses up " at this historical design will subsequently take their places - and that is great
It guarantees the clubs longevity

But many of those who have ordered are longstanding supporters, a small group who weren`t keen on the alternatives, and this was what they chose

Back in the 50`s merchandise was virtually unheard of and my scarf and wooly hat were hand-knitted by my mother

In the end, by whatever route, I am sure if we could see the stadium stands FULL of Claret and Gold - everyone would be happy!

HTH

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Sep 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5417-2890lipst1ck_d0rk-msnicons.jpg
If i was to marry, i dont know if i ought to, if i would, if i should , i'd marry a Prop's daughter, she'd go down, i'd go down, we'd all go down together, we'd be alright in the middle of the night going down together!!:icons42da_files/5417-2890lipst1ck_d0rk-msnicons.jpg

Quote: brearley84 "is buying these shirts taking money away from the club? surely buying a replica from the shop helps out the club?'"

I'm afraid in the current climate people wont just buy any old garbage cos it helps the club out, they simply cannot afford to do so.

Fans have been asking for years for a Retro Claret and Gold shirt and the club has decided not to listen so unfortunately they have missed a trick, the shirts from Rod are top quality, for a great price and are giving fans something the club were unwilling/unable? to do.

I don't agree with your argument that its taking the money away from the club cos alot of these die-hard fans who have bought these shirts will have bought something else from the shop instead, I for instance bought one of the Ellis Jackets at £50 so the club still got out of me what I would have spent on a replica shirt.

Time to forget the them and us mentality, new and old, we are all Huddersfield thru and thru and all want to see the Giants at the top of the tree, if you like the replica shirt get one, if you like the retro shirt get one.

Main thing is get down to the stadium, support the lads win or lose, buy a programme, buy a couple of halftime golden gamble tickets. You can also put money into the club with the giants cash bonanza, easy on direct debit.

So as you can see many ways to support the club without buying something you don't like/ don't want, at the end of the day we are all C&G!!!!!

Thanks again Rod and you don't need to explain owt fella, Top man k020.gif a014.gif

2012 The year of the Giant, COYG's

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

What's odds on now seeing these shirts dotted about that suddenly retro shirts become available in the shop icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????:disney/00004.gif

Quote: Crackerjack "I think a lot has already been said but I will try fill in the gaps

Many of the ex-players have been asked to sell their traditional shirts for fans who have been asking for this hooped design for quite a while
But many of these players have fond memories of their playing days and treasure their old kit
it was decided to commission a shirt matching the traditional hooped design and material as closely as possible to offer solely to the Association members

It became apparent that there was also within the fan base a small group of fans ( many from the Spaines Road era) that had been asking the club for such a shirt for quite a number of seasons but had been told that it was not, in the modern game, commercially viable

It is a major factor that merchandise brings a fair amount of revenue into the club and is paramount to their profitability but from the posts above it can be seen that many were not keen on the alternatives and if offered a "take THIS or leave it" they made their own decision

When yet again ex players were approached it was suggested that the design commissioned could be offered on request to such supporters (but without the ex-players emblem - see Faraway`s post)
We are not stockpiling 1000`s in a warehouse and the small numbers involved are purely to specific order

Despite not being keen on the alternatives - they still wanted an identity and to make their presence felt supporting the claret and gold -and be proud of that fact as I am !!!

Many of the younger ones who prefer the more modern designs and "turn their noses up " at this historical design will subsequently take their places - and that is great

But many of those who have ordered are longstanding supporters, a small group who weren`t keen on the alternatives, and this was what they chose

Back in the 50`s merchandise was virtually unheard of and my scarf and wooly hat were hand-knitted by my mother

In the end, by whatever route, I am sure if we could see the stadium stands FULL of Claret and Gold - everyone would be happy!

HTH'"

icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif

Rod's most lucid post in the last 5 years icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star540No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2014Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Agree with FP....the club knew there was a demand for a traditional shirt & didn't act on it. Tough. The last few replica shirts have been awful in both design & quality imo.

I already had a great retro shirt but it was way too warm for summertime so I got the short sleeve version off Rod this week. Great buy, cheap in comparison to the replica kit from the shop & far superior in quality. Plus it's the proper C&G hoop design.

I still buy other stuff from the club shop, just not the replica shirt.

Rod's done a great job. Good lad.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4913
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"[color=#800000]Huddersfield[/color] -[color=#FF8000]The Birthplace of Rugby League[/color]" [color=#FF8000]They couldnt beat us[/color] -[color=#800000]so they joined[/color] !:

Quote: Durham Giant "icon_eek.gif
Cmon DG -credit where its due!!
(its gotta be longer than that, surely??) icon_wink.gif

(joined Tues OCT 29th 2002!!) icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach406No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2013Apr 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25961.jpg
:25961.jpg

Quote: Crackerjack "I think a lot has already been said but I will try fill in the gaps

HTH'"

eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach660No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2016Jun 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47611_1281036142.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_47611.jpg

I have been watching Fartown for 25 years. I have had every Fartown shirt from 1997 that is until last year. I bought the mauri type the year before and what a waste of money that was, apart from looking nothing like it should the quality was crap.
I think its a common traite in KOOGA (who went bankrupt 2 years ago, but immediately started up again) that they dish out poor shirts e.g. Wigan, Bradford us and Salford.
Personally I like puma the best (Saints and Cas, both traditional designs)

Anyway, as it stands we have KOOGA, therefore I am more than happy to hand my hard earned cash over to Rod and the ex-players association for a good quality traditional shirt which will last years.

Thanks Rod for putting in the time and effort to please us die hard Fartowners, especially at no financial gain for yourself.

Top man.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: FARTOWNFORLIFE "I have been watching Fartown for 25 years. I have had every Fartown shirt from 1997 that is until last year. I bought the mauri type the year before and what a waste of money that was, apart from looking nothing like it should the quality was crap.
I think its a common traite in KOOGA (who went bankrupt 2 years ago, but immediately started up again) that they dish out poor shirts e.g. Wigan, Bradford us and Salford.
Personally I like puma the best (Saints and Cas, both traditional designs)

Anyway, as it stands we have KOOGA, therefore I am more than happy to hand my hard earned cash over to Rod and the ex-players association for a good quality traditional shirt which will last years.

Thanks Rod for putting in the time and effort to please us die hard Fartowners, especially at no financial gain for yourself.

Top man.'"

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

I agree............because of this there will be a lot of us happy 'Ex-Spaines roaders '( using Rod's words!! ) walking about on match days now !!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member13105No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3721_1304738205.png
[img:pcpxo9fb]http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/12/34/74/45/moanin13.gif[/img:pcpxo9fb]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3721.png

In Rod We Trust! icon_biggrin.gif

Still waiting for my dad to post/bring mine down for me, I have a sneaky feeling he may have 'Lost' it....and might turn up in his wardrobe icon_razz.gif icon_sad.gif

200 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant
200 posts in 14 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.99169921875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
Cokey
23m
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
57m
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
Recent
TV Games - Not Hull
bishops fing
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
micktheleyth
Recent
Wigan win academy final
Simba16
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
Tonights match v HKR
RobRiches
Recent
Betting 2024
karetaker
Recent
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
leedsbarmyar
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
3m
Betting 2024
karetaker
3m
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
3m
Tonights match v HKR
RobRiches
4m
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
4m
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
4m
Rumours thread
PopTart
4m
RLFANS News
4m
TV games not Wire
Cherry_Warri
4m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
TODAY
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
PopTart
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
RobRiches
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
micktheleyth
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,433 80,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22