JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Ah, yes that's where the club have gone wrong then...by not giving the 'fans' trophy wins to celebrate !!!

Come on, "Thats what you have to give them".....like the club/players haven't tried to do that !! you can't just 'give' them a trophy you have to win them, and win them against much better, stronger, richer clubs than ours !!!

Why is it so hard for people to grasp that our club isn't able to compete with the bigger clubs ? yes we have done well to match them on the field but until someone with enough money to buy Ken out and do it his/her way and 'give' trophies out then we will always have to do things on the cheap as we cannot afford to splash cash we don't have on world class players/world class marketing/world class coaching etc....how many of you lot demanding of the club can afford to shop at Harrods ? if people insisted you did would you do it just because they wanted you to even though it would probably finish you off financially ?.

Harsh as it may sound if its regular trophies you want then you are probably watching the wrong club, we WILL win them sometime but if you're not prepared to wait then maybe Headingley/DW stadium with their world class everything is more suited to you rather than Huddersfield.

Every single one of us be it older fans, newer fans, casual fans. staunch supporters, final day trippers wants to us to be a rich, successful club, but this is Rugby League and it cannot just be bought it has to be earned, and for a club like us it will take longer to earn than clubs who are already rich and successful.
Whether people who demand trophies like that or not it is not relevant, that's the truth of our situation.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member15309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2115.jpg
[img:1ucbtp34]http://i62.tinypic.com/2hs0qkg.jpg[/img:1ucbtp34] [color=#BF0000:1ucbtp34]the [size=100:1ucbtp34]C[/size:1ucbtp34]laret [size=100:1ucbtp34]A[/size:1ucbtp34]nd [size=100:1ucbtp34]G[/size:1ucbtp34]old [size=100:1ucbtp34]M[/size:1ucbtp34]achine is ready to roll[/color:1ucbtp34] sunday September 1st 2013, when a dream became a reality!!:2115.jpg

Quote: jools "imo it makes no difference what marketing the club do if the people of Huddersfield aren't interested. I'm sure town do tonnes of marketing- I don't see any of it because I'm not interested in the game and no amount of marketing will change that for me.

As for changes in personnel not convinced that would make any difference---- Robbie Paul was the great messiah- in the end he changed squat.....'"

im sure i read in Robbie's book that he and other members of the marketing team had some good idea's but couldn't put them in motion because of the financial restraints, but i could be wrong.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1619
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: GIANT DAZ "Ah, yes that's where the club have gone wrong then...by not giving the 'fans' trophy wins to celebrate !!!

Come on, "Thats what you have to give them".....like the club/players haven't tried to do that !! you can't just 'give' them a trophy you have to win them, and win them against much better, stronger, richer clubs than ours !!!

Why is it so hard for people to grasp that our club isn't able to compete with the bigger clubs ? yes we have done well to match them on the field but until someone with enough money to buy Ken out and do it his/her way and 'give' trophies out then we will always have to do things on the cheap as we cannot afford to splash cash we don't have on world class players/world class marketing/world class coaching etc....how many of you lot demanding of the club can afford to shop at Harrods ? if people insisted you did would you do it just because they wanted you to even though it would probably finish you off financially ?.

Harsh as it may sound if its regular trophies you want then you are probably watching the wrong club, we WILL win them sometime but if you're not prepared to wait then maybe Headingley/DW stadium with their world class everything is more suited to you rather than Huddersfield.

Every single one of us be it older fans, newer fans, casual fans. staunch supporters, final day trippers wants to us to be a rich, successful club, but this is Rugby League and it cannot just be bought it has to be earned, and for a club like us it will take longer to earn than clubs who are already rich and successful.
Whether people who demand trophies like that or not it is not relevant, that's the truth of our situation.'"

Daz there' s so much of that that I don't agree with
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come on, "Thats what you have to give them".....like the club/players haven't tried to do that !! you can't just 'give' them a trophy you have to win them, and win them against much better, stronger, richer clubs than ours !
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the old " the team are punching above their weight bit " I have never had a problem with that. The answer is to put more weight on, not keep getting knocked out. The audience get fed up with seeing you layed out.
If you don't have the money to do that, you do like the rest of the world, you borrow it. Do you pay cash every time you change your car?.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it ingrained into your thinking that we are a little club, You talk about these bigger clubs as though some God of Rugby has Decreed this club will always be Rich and Great, this club shall forever be strugglers.
We have one of he best Stadiums in the North, ( some would die for ) We have a wealthy and Generous Chairman ( deserves a Knighthood ) we have one of the Highest populated Towns in the Country (so I'm told ) So go on Daz, tell me why we are a little club, and why we can't expect to compete with these big rich clubs who are so lucky.
When was it? about 1913, Huddersfield were THE big club, and stayed that way for quite a few years, Right up to the early 60s they won more than their share of trophies, Didn't the club produce a shirt to commemorate what the team achieved a Hundred years ago , Nothing wrong with that, but it was 100 years ago They wont be commemorating playing the Roosters in 2015 will they.

Bradford shot down your big club theory . And despite the obvious joy it gives some people to see them where they are now, I would a site sooner have been one of those 20,000 GLORY fans , watching a great game against Leeds, than one of the famous 300 watching Fartown grind out a draw against Keighley.
Leeds, Wigan Warrington " getting there" and others, aren't where they are because somebody said they should be, They have worked hard at giving their Fans what they want to see, instead of blaming them for all their troubles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the people of Huddersfield have waited 53 years since the last meaningful trophy, and if they are not prepared to keep on doing that indefinitely, they should maybe go and watch Leeds or Wigan, Just like all the ones who used to go and watch the team of NZ internationals that the Bulls had BOUGHT. Great strategy !. No wonder they got down to 300. Incidentally I used to really enjoy watching that Bradford side, even though it was on TV,( And they will be back.)
I am a comer in to Huddersfield of some 30 years, I pay to watch them because I regard them as my home team, But unlike many I also like to watch the other side. I also watch all the other teams on TV, because I love the game, I grew up with it.
It won't be the end of my world if the Giants wink up tomorrow, I would much prefer they didn't, but I can watch as much as I like on TV.
So my alternative strategy is do like everyone else spend money you have, or haven't got, Get some class players, Lets be one of these Mythical big rich clubs, and live with the Best for as long as it lasts, Who knows how long that might be. And for those who shiver at the thought, just remember how many times Fartown were on the brink, playing the waiting game.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14986
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

So you won't be bothered if this club goes to the wall as you can take it or leave it or go watch someone else but you want it to spend spend spend and probably do exactly that so you can see it win a trophy or 2 ??

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????:disney/00004.gif

Quote: GIANT DAZ "So you won't be bothered if this club goes to the wall as you can take it or leave it or go watch someone else but you want it to spend spend spend and probably do exactly that so you can see it win a trophy or 2 ??'"

Which bit of the club is going to the wall do NOW do you not get.

It is just that its is happenning slower than in the 80s.

When Davy goes what have the club got.

The time to build something that can last post Davy is NOW.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1619
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: GIANT DAZ "So you won't be bothered if this club goes to the wall as you can take it or leave it or go watch someone else but you want it to spend spend spend and probably do exactly that so you can see it win a trophy or 2 ??'"

Did I say I wouldn't be bothered Daz, I thought I said it wouldn't be the end of my world, but I would prefer it didn't happen.

Durham is absolutely right, What is the master plan for when Mr Davy calls it a day. Oh yes that's right , another 60 years of the same, trying to convince a deserting fan base that we will win some day.

Anyway I won't say anymore , we are getting knowwhere. Lets just leave it ,There will always be those who think we have as much chance as any other club, ( The Moaners , or realistic ones ) and those who can come up with unlimited excuses for Failure ( the Dreamers, or We are just a little club, ones ) .

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The reason i joined the HGSA and put myself up for the Committee there was because i wanted to try and do something to help as i know without Ken's money we are gonna be struggling, that's why people like myself, Meast, Ivor etc keep repeating ourselves regarding getting crowds in...we know we can't compete in the long term without being self-sufficient, but we are also wise enough to realise we can't just 'spend money' and 'win trophies' with our limited resources, because whether we like or accept it that is what we as a club have !!!.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1619
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: GIANT DAZ "The reason i joined the HGSA and put myself up for the Committee there was because i wanted to try and do something to help as i know without Ken's money we are gonna be struggling, that's why people like myself, Meast, Ivor etc keep repeating ourselves regarding getting crowds in...we know we can't compete in the long term without being self-sufficient, but we are also wise enough to realise we can't just 'spend money' and 'win trophies' with our limited resources, because whether we like or accept it that is what we as a club have !!!.'"

Tell that to the Bradford fans, who used to watch New Zealand at Odsal. Or the Fantastic Wigan side who won everything for 10 years.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

but they had the fanbase, sponsorship, etc to make it work in the 1st place !!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1619
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: GIANT DAZ "but they had the fanbase, sponsorship, etc to make it work in the 1st place !!'"

So the rugby Gods gave them that did they, In 1964 I think it was, Bradford ceased to exist all together.
They are now paying for all that success they had in the first 10 years of Super league ( so what ) They had a great 10 years, and IMO they will be back. They may not have a Stadium like ours, or Mr Davy's money, but they have ambition, they have tasted the good life and despite playing in a Money pit, I believe they will succeed, and what's more , I really hope they do.

There are sponsors out there Daz, you just need to employ the right people, who know how to get them on board, and those people are out there as well. How many times were the Giants on TV last year, 10, 12 more ? How much selling does that take.

Have you never wondered why Rugby Union is so successful, at selling an inferior game than League.

I've heard all the Excuses,

Oh well they are world wide !, They are World wide because they made it World wide. In league they can't even get a first class side going in Wales ( a land where they are born playing Rugby ) despite several attempts.

They get great treatment in the Media ! , That's because they know the right palms to grease, and the right people to help get the right jobs, to make sure they get great treatment. Most people in the Country don't even know the New Zealand League team even exist, They hear NZ they just think all blacks.

They get so much more money from TV than we do ! Who's fault is that, It's the little thinking men at the RFL with the "we are doing alright attitude . I'm getting paid , for Gods sake don't risk anything.

Well we only play in York's / Lancs ! I'm told league is a fast growing amateur sport in the south ! what's the typical RL fans attitude, Who Cares about the south, or France if it comes to that, Why should we put money into France , when there's clubs here going bust.

And on and on it goes Daz, Any of this ring any bells mate , on a club level maybe ?

I'm not saying this applies to every League fan, but I have heard this kind of tosh so many times.

To be honest mate I just can't be **sed any more. I shall go watch the Giants if there looks like being a decent game, I don't hold out too much hope for the coming season, if they don't get a couple of class players in important positions, I hope I'm wrong , I'm sure they will keep punching above their weight. but as I have said there's plenty of good sides on TV to watch.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2618No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9140_1461788770.jpg
Fornicate my fortune:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_9140.jpg

I see the team being a bit better this year than last. Hinchliffe is a beauty signing. If Rapira can bring some mongrel he might be a real catalyst for the front row. Re: weakness. Not convinced the half backs are right and, despite being a 100%er, I don't feel Grix is the required standard.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1619
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Baron Greenback "I see the team being a bit better this year than last. Hinchliffe is a beauty signing. If Rapira can bring some mongrel he might be a real catalyst for the front row. Re

I would agree with all that on balance, especially about the half backs and Grix.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6816
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5794_1405666715.jpg
[url=http://www.photolens.co.uk:70rsvnly][img:70rsvnly]http://galleries.photolens.co.uk/Photo%20Library/G@PLTitle2a.jpg[/img:70rsvnly][/url:70rsvnly]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5794.jpg

Quote: GIANT DAZ "but they had the fanbase, sponsorship, etc to make it work in the 1st place !!'"

As chairmen with no regard for finances and honesty.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6816
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5794_1405666715.jpg
[url=http://www.photolens.co.uk:70rsvnly][img:70rsvnly]http://galleries.photolens.co.uk/Photo%20Library/G@PLTitle2a.jpg[/img:70rsvnly][/url:70rsvnly]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5794.jpg

Allegedly!!!

RankPostsTeam
International Star518
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67930_1405527002.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67930.jpg

2 Season Tickets purchased today and already can't wait for the first game.

We reached the Play Offs this year and in my opinion we look to already have a stronger squad for next season. Bring it on, I say.

66 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant
66 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.640625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Batley Bulldogs H
Willzay
26m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
27m
Round 16 London Home
Emagdnim13
27m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
47m
TV Games - Not Hull
WIZEB
Recent
Other Championship Clubs
REDWHITEANDB
Recent
Planning for next season
LeythIg
Recent
Salford - Away
The games af
Recent
Leeds
the-bearded-
Recent
WHO IS NEXT
ArthurClues
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
41s
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
DSJ1983
49s
WHO IS NEXT
ArthurClues
53s
Other Championship Clubs
REDWHITEANDB
1m
Leigh h
apollosghost
2m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
2m
Murphy on his way then
PopTart
2m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
KaeruJim
2m
Vegas Baby
Jason65
2m
Accountability
Gazzagiant2
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
email
orangeman
TODAY
This site is crap
tad rhino
TODAY
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win Over the Broncos
RLFANS News
TODAY
Prettys Girls in your city for night
jackmac452
TODAY
Vegas Baby
Jason65
TODAY
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thriller
RLFANS News
TODAY
Reserves
BigTime
TODAY
Tonights game v Giants
karetaker
TODAY
Free parking
Philth
TODAY
Salford Away Travel Information
LancashireRe
TODAY
Batley next
Start@1873
TODAY
Round 16 London Home
Emagdnim13
TODAY
Leeds
the-bearded-
TODAY
Injuries and available cover
walter wall
TODAY
Problems with this Site continued
karetaker
TODAY
3 clubs apply to join League 1
Huddersfield
TODAY
Sadly one less Bronco
nkpom
TODAY
Fan Village
[Gareth]
TODAY
The Seagulls v The Panthers
terry silver
TODAY
Las Vegas 2025 English ladies involved
Huddersfield
TODAY
New halfback signing
Pyrah123
TODAY
Batley Bulldogs H
Willzay
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
Hull KR Drop Goal Secures Win ..
St Helens Break Fifty As They ..
Leigh Leopards Resurgence Clai..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 3,042 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
 FT
Hover 
Canterbury
13-12
NZ Warriors
 FT
Hover 
Wests
28-40
Melbourne
 FT
Hover 
NQL Cowboys
20-22
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
 FT 
LeedsW
6-16
St.HelensW
 FT 
FeatherstoneW
0-50
WiganW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R16
 FT 
Leeds
17-16
LondonB
       Championship 2024-R14
17:00
Toulouse
v
Bradford
17:30
Hull KR
v
Catalans
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R18
05:00
Sydney
v
St.George
07:05
Canberra
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R7
12:00
Wire W
v
Hudds W
12:00
York V
v
BarrowW
       League One 2024-R14
14:00
Newcastle
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Midlands
15:00
Salford
v
Hull FC
       Championship 2024-R14
Dewsbury
v
Doncaster
Featherstone
v
Whitehaven
Swinton
v
Widnes
Wakefield
v
Batley
York
v
Barrow
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 6th Jul
SL
Hull KR-Catalans
SL
Leeds17-16LondonB
Sun 7th Jul
SL
Salford-Hull FC
Fri 12th Jul
SL
20:00
LondonB-Castleford
SL
Warrington-Leeds
SL
Warrington-St.Helens
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC-Hull KR
SL
00:00
Leigh-Huddersfield
SL
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 6th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Canterbury13-12NZ Warriors
NRL
LIVE
Wests28-40Melbourne
NRL
LIVE
NQL Cowboys20-22Manly
SL
LIVE
Leeds17-16LondonB
WSL2024
LIVE
LeedsW6-16St.HelensW
WSL2024
LIVE
FeatherstoneW0-50WiganW
Fri 5th Jul
NRL 18 Cronulla16-20Gold Coast
NRL 18 Brisbane6-14Penrith
SL 16 St.Helens6-8Castleford
SL 16 Warrington48-0Huddersfield
SL 16 Wigan24-6Leigh
CH 14 Sheffield28-0Halifax
Thu 4th Jul
NRL 18 Parramatta16-32Souths
Sun 30th Jun
CH 13 Barrow0-36Wakefield
CH 13 Dewsbury12-38Bradford
CH 13 Halifax38-18Whitehaven
CH 13 Widnes16-24Batley
CH 13 York10-18Sheffield
L1 13 Cornwall10-16Crusaders
L1 13 Newcastle10-44Midlands
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 15 427 170 257 26
St.Helens 16 429 170 259 22
Warrington 16 406 213 193 22
Hull KR 15 383 201 182 22
Salford 15 295 288 7 20
Catalans 15 288 220 68 18

Leeds 16 291 286 5 18
Huddersfield 16 298 365 -67 12
Leigh 15 270 250 20 11
Castleford 16 246 435 -189 9
Hull FC 15 198 474 -276 4
LondonB 16 156 615 -459 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 13 486 142 344 26
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 13 341 218 123 18
Toulouse 12 332 174 158 16
Widnes 13 315 245 70 15
Featherstone 13 330 283 47 12

Batley 13 205 286 -81 12
Doncaster 13 237 325 -88 11
York 14 285 293 -8 10
Whitehaven 13 266 358 -92 10