JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45295_1698513085.jpg
once a black and white always a black and white COYH:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45295.jpg

so sacking your coach isn't bad timing? think using this poor lad as a tool to have a pop at hull fc and connor is really really low,

RankPostsTeam
International Star10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60098_1402496159.jpg
the future's bright the future's [color=#800000:1p3f9jf7]claret [/color:1p3f9jf7] and [color=#FFFF40:1p3f9jf7]gold [/color:1p3f9jf7]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60098.jpg

Quote: hull2524 "so sacking your coach isn't bad timing? think using this poor lad as a tool to have a pop at hull fc and connor is really really low,'"

Yes sacking our coach was really bad timing. IMO it shouldn't have been done when it was. One poor decision doesn't justify another.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner736No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6243.gif
This will be our year......................................................Hopefully! But maybe not with child running amock.:6243.gif

Back on subject:
He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer is Conner! He needed the signing on fee to get himself a new Merc!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2752No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4785-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
:icons39ad_files/4785-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

If I read the statement correctly it said when questioned Connor admitted he had already signed a deal which basically means he has dropped Hull in a right mess and presumably the Giants receive suitable compensation.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2752No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4785-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
:icons39ad_files/4785-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Code13 "Murphy is absolutely not a centre'"

Not sure of your issue here. I think he has had some good games at centre.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7363
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45295_1698513085.jpg
once a black and white always a black and white COYH:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45295.jpg

if you go on our board about his signing, its all explained, pre contract agreement signed, all done and dusted

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4913
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"[color=#800000]Huddersfield[/color] -[color=#FF8000]The Birthplace of Rugby League[/color]" [color=#FF8000]They couldnt beat us[/color] -[color=#800000]so they joined[/color] !:

Quote: brearley84 "wondered how long some fans would give brierley at full back before saying hes no good in that position yer didnt wait long for me if you look back on topic BREARLEY
I said initially it was another experiment waiting to explode
Sign a class halfback with pace when we were struggling in that quarter and hey -you play him at full back
Its the Chris Thorman cock up all over again and the evidence is on file Just like Chris an half back with loads of talent and you pop him at the back and let the bigguns push him back and walk over him and then get pilloried
yes both had pace for linking up into the line yes both could field kicks and run it back but I was under the impression that a fullback was your last line of defence and thats where they arent comfortable

Hopefully whoever finishes up in charge lets him settle in with his team mates in a position hes comfortable in and where he learned his trade and lets see hisfull potential Chris was on the verge of international honours and we crucified his chances As the plumber said its all ball-cocks Lets not do it again!! Let sanity prevaiL!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4913
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"[color=#800000]Huddersfield[/color] -[color=#FF8000]The Birthplace of Rugby League[/color]" [color=#FF8000]They couldnt beat us[/color] -[color=#800000]so they joined[/color] !:

[

RankPostsTeam
International Star1331No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It seems to me that by the rules neither Hull or Jake Connor have done anything wrong.

To reject our offer and accept a better one from what the 'Hull' fans call a bigger club is disappointing but that's life and Jake and his agent have done what Jake apparently wanted and secured a move away from Huddersfield.

The 'heads of agreement' (deal in principle) is used in commerce all the time and of course you can understand Hull not wanting to pay a fee for a player 'club trained' by Huddersfield a major benefit in a sport with an oversea player quota. As our academy improves as it is doing it will no doubt occur again but is a sign that we are moving forward in producing home grown players.

The sad thing for me is that by announcing this now Hull have in effect destabilised the rest of Connors time at our club as the fans and club will see him as disloyal for the manner 'he' not Hull appears to have gone about engineering this move.

The heads of agreement is a statement of 'hands off our player' their announcement of he's signed is deliberately misleading to avoid late competition for his signature or someone driving up the price. You can't blame them for trying.

For a club that has been tight lipped about rumours of a 'rift' between some of its players and coach Thewlis's outburst goes very much against the clubs character which gives one the impression that they thought Jake would stay and this outburst by Thewlis's is one of either disappointment/petulance or the clubs way of saying that we didn't want to let him go which lays this firmly on Jake's doorstep.

For me it's not the time to 'throw our toys out of the pram' but use Jake if we need him due to injuries or form loss as we are paying his wages but I wouldn't play him if other players were to be fit.

It really leaves two schools of thought either Jake is mercenary or the rumours of unrest in the camp have an element of truth in them or an element of both is true but if it is the latter some of the comments about the sacking of Anderson being unfair and too soon would appear wide of the mark and unfair on the club.

If I were to speculate it's probably Jake feeling he's been held back and clashing with Anderson and deciding his long term future lies elsewhere.

Unfortunately for him 'the cats been let out of the bag' and he's got an uncomfortable couple of months ahead.

For the club it probably feels let down hence the reaction by Thewlis but I'm afraid that's probably about been 'done up like a kipper' by a smart piece of business by Hull who if Jake and his agent approached them as is likely how can you blame them ??

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman31082No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well if he hasn't signed - he may now stay, but I doubt it

If he has signed, hull owe money

I'm sure the agreement in principle is fine in business, RL rules may put a different slant on it...

Either way if Connor is going I'd rather see the likes of Sam Wood play instead

And now Anderson has gone we can stop this ridiculous plan of an international centre in the back row and play Wardle in his best position - no room for Connor now anyway

Oh and Murphy has had some good games at centre, but also more when he's been outplayed and out muscled

RankPostsTeam
International Star10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60098_1402496159.jpg
the future's bright the future's [color=#800000:1p3f9jf7]claret [/color:1p3f9jf7] and [color=#FFFF40:1p3f9jf7]gold [/color:1p3f9jf7]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60098.jpg

This is what the RFL say about compensation.
C1:3:9 The Compensation Expiry Date shall mean the 1st of December immediately after a Player has reached the age of 22 but if on or before 30 November in any year a Player's contract has expired and he has already turned 21 years of age, then his Compensation Expiry Date shall be the date of his 22nd birthday and not 1st December next following.

So it depends what date Connors current deal is signed until. If it's before 1st December then it ends on his birthday which is 18th October. If his deal ends after then we can get compensation.

However there is also this paragraph
ThePlayermustnotifytheClubholdinghisregistrationinwritingwhetherornotheaccepts their offer of re-engagement by 31st May or 31st September respectively. If the Player has not replied in writing to the Club's offer of re-engagement by 31st May or 31st September then the offer shall automatically lapse save that, where relevant, the Club's compensation rights shall not be affected (i.e. the Club shall be entitled to receive a compensation fee in respect of the loss of the Player's registration should he sign for another Club).

So Connor should have responded to the club by 31st may (as he's a full time player and 31st September is for part time players) to say he wasn't going to accept their offer.
If he has already signed an offer with hull we are entitled to compensation. If hull are delaying his signature in order to avoid compensation then I imagine the RFL will intervene in the way they did with the kopczak signing where we had to pay Bradford £20,000
If he hasn't already signed then he could potentially stay or still go elsewhere. Or hull may find someone else to spend the money on. It's a risk for both sides.
The 6 figure sum thewlis is on about is just daft though.

RankPostsTeam
International Star90No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jools "This is what the RFL say about compensation.
C1
Thewlis is clutching at straws. Hull have said that Connor has not signed forms different than a verbal agreement and open to both sides to withdraw ! Giants will have been notified by his Agent that the offer has been rejected. As far as the Leagues rules are concerned it would not be legally binging in a civil court
2016. Hull will have done their homework and will pay nothing.
Thewlis is just covering his back as usual.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7735No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5978-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif
Nil......Zip.....Nothing....ZERO....0:icons42da_files/5978-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif

Quote: fartown since 1961 "It seems to me that by the rules neither Hull or Jake Connor have done anything wrong.

To reject our offer and accept a better one from what the 'Hull' fans call a bigger club is disappointing but that's life and Jake and his agent have done what Jake apparently wanted and secured a move away from Huddersfield.

The 'heads of agreement' (deal in principle) is used in commerce all the time and of course you can understand Hull not wanting to pay a fee for a player 'club trained' by Huddersfield a major benefit in a sport with an oversea player quota. As our academy improves as it is doing it will no doubt occur again but is a sign that we are moving forward in producing home grown players.

The sad thing for me is that by announcing this now Hull have in effect destabilised the rest of Connors time at our club as the fans and club will see him as disloyal for the manner 'he' not Hull appears to have gone about engineering this move.

The heads of agreement is a statement of 'hands off our player' their announcement of he's signed is deliberately misleading to avoid late competition for his signature or someone driving up the price. You can't blame them for trying.

For a club that has been tight lipped about rumours of a 'rift' between some of its players and coach Thewlis's outburst goes very much against the clubs character which gives one the impression that they thought Jake would stay and this outburst by Thewlis's is one of either disappointment/petulance or the clubs way of saying that we didn't want to let him go which lays this firmly on Jake's doorstep.

For me it's not the time to 'throw our toys out of the pram' but use Jake if we need him due to injuries or form loss as we are paying his wages but I wouldn't play him if other players were to be fit.

It really leaves two schools of thought either Jake is mercenary or the rumours of unrest in the camp have an element of truth in them or an element of both is true but if it is the latter some of the comments about the sacking of Anderson being unfair and too soon would appear wide of the mark and unfair on the club.

If I were to speculate it's probably Jake feeling he's been held back and clashing with Anderson and deciding his long term future lies elsewhere.

Unfortunately for him 'the cats been let out of the bag' and he's got an uncomfortable couple of months ahead.

For the club it probably feels let down hence the reaction by Thewlis but I'm afraid that's probably about been 'done up like a kipper' by a smart piece of business by Hull who if Jake and his agent approached them as is likely how can you blame them ??'"

most signings get announced well in advance now, that nothing new and no reason why it should rock the boat.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1331No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mild mannered Janitor "most signings get announced well in advance now, that nothing new and no reason why it should rock the boat.'"

I agree normally as an offer has been rejected and terms agreed and both clubs are aware what is happening.

It appears that Hull announced it before the Giants knew anything about this one if you believe Thewlis which means instead of being straight and saying I've rejected your terms and am looking in the open market Jake kept stum.

Just isn't a proper way to do things in my book.

Mind'st if Murphys fit I'd have him back for Connor anyway on Thursday with Wardle at centre.

85 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant
85 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.38330078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Questions for Ste Mills
Spookisback
Recent
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
Recent