Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43540.jpg
:43540.jpg

Id guess it is outside catering so not really benefical to the Giants whatever price is charged.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach425No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/g7.gif
[color=#80BF00:34dpfp43]//www.pitchero.com/clubs/moldgreenarlfc/[/color:34dpfp43]:Others/g7.gif

The people around us all take snacks and a flask and im sure that the old lass in front aint on lemonade! she's normal at the start and smashed by the end of the game!

for those who may have misread the thread its not about if we should or shouldnt have half time entertainment its about the quality of the product on show the last 2 games HT have been embarrassing long periods of young lass's freezing and nothing at all happening, if nowt is planned then play a bit of music and let people crack on moaning about the ref!

personally i like to see what the club are doing away from the 1st team as well as the BIG G chalenges idea.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach359No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13072.gif
DON'T DIE WITH THE MUSIC IN YOU:13072.gif

SIMPLES - get kids teams playing at HT. Great experience for them, pretty entertaining and they get to drag mum/dad/siblings etc... along to bolster the crowd. I would offer the kids playing and say up to 3 guests free entry to that game, and the next home game after. If they were to attend both there would be a very good chance of them wanting to come again, pay and hopefully become regular supporters. Plus whilst there the kids will no doubt want to visit the club shop for some memoribilia or whatever to recognise that day they got to play at the JSS.

I am a ST holder - but would not be bothered if the club wanted to offer something like a reduced ticket offer in the first season of any new supporter to get them hooked. Rather that than we continue to build attendance slowly.

Back to HT entertainment - Fartown legend interviews would be good - get RHP to host and perhaps keep upbeat and comical like the Soccer AM style questions of best player played with/against, best/worst trainer, favourite away ground etc...

Finally I am not normally in my seat at HT - but do we use the big screen enough? I know they put up some quiz questions but these are a bit lame. This could be used for player interviews, footage of training, or previous game footage?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach351No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11943.jpg
***************************************** Grand Children are great. We should have had them first.:11943.jpg

Quote: Code13 "Meh, Im not interested in any entertainment that isn't the game

Spend less on half time entertainment and sell food and drink a bit cheaper might solve the problem by getting people queueing for concessions.'"

Spend enough time queuing for a drink, more concessions open might help along with them staying open longer into or even through the second half.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2570
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2853.gif
[img]//www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/giantscorpio.gif[/img]:2853.gif

The kids/schools teams playing at half time seems the best idea. You would get extra parents in. With the possibility they could become future supporters.
And at the end of the main game the kids and parents could possibly be treated to a light snack to promote the friendly atmosphere of the club, in the grand scheme of things it would not cost a lot to put a few sandwiches and soft drinks on for the kids and parents, who then would look forward to playing again at the stadium.
And possibly 1 or 2 of the senior players could bob in and chat to the kids at the same time.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner959
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6532.jpg
[color=darkred:78pnm6qa]The[/color:78pnm6qa] [color=orange:78pnm6qa]future's[/color:78pnm6qa] [color=darkred:78pnm6qa]bright [/color:78pnm6qa] [color=orange:78pnm6qa]the[/color:78pnm6qa] [color=darkred:78pnm6qa]future[/color:78pnm6qa] [color=orange:78pnm6qa]is[/color:78pnm6qa] [color=darkred:78pnm6qa]claret[/color:78pnm6qa] [color=darkblue:78pnm6qa]n[/color:78pnm6qa] [color=orange:78pnm6qa]gold[/color:78pnm6qa] @sd_barracudas:6532.jpg

Quote: devoniangiant "SIMPLES - get kids teams playing at HT. Great experience for them, pretty entertaining and they get to drag mum/dad/siblings etc... along to bolster the crowd. I would offer the kids playing and say up to 3 guests free entry to that game, and the next home game after. If they were to attend both there would be a very good chance of them wanting to come again, pay and hopefully become regular supporters. Plus whilst there the kids will no doubt want to visit the club shop for some memoribilia or whatever to recognise that day they got to play at the JSS.

I am a ST holder - but would not be bothered if the club wanted to offer something like a reduced ticket offer in the first season of any new supporter to get them hooked. Rather that than we continue to build attendance slowly.

Back to HT entertainment - Fartown legend interviews would be good - get RHP to host and perhaps keep upbeat and comical like the Soccer AM style questions of best player played with/against, best/worst trainer, favourite away ground etc...

Finally I am not normally in my seat at HT - but do we use the big screen enough? I know they put up some quiz questions but these are a bit lame. This could be used for player interviews, footage of training, or previous game footage?'"

Some nice ideas, get them passed on to the club! It's all good us coming up with fantastic ideas on here and wondering whether the club are thinking of them, we need to pass on our ideas and I'm sure the club will look into them.

I think the idea suggested before of getting local school sides along, and offering that school's whole class/year group/family free tickets is a real good one. They can come and cheer on their friends/kids, and then make our end stand a filled up area every week.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach406No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2013Apr 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
25961.jpg
:25961.jpg

TBH in the Britannia stand I/we can't hear clearly what anyone says over the system anyway so it matters little whether it is singing, interviews, announcements, cheerleaders etc - I am usually under the stand anyway at half time but when in my seat my preference is to keep half time rugby orientated ie kids mini games (love watching the intensity and the march past)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43854_1545310668.jpg
HUDDERSFIELD - THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43854.jpg

Quote: devoniangiant "SIMPLES - get kids teams playing at HT. Great experience for them, pretty entertaining and they get to drag mum/dad/siblings etc... along to bolster the crowd. I would offer the kids playing and say up to 3 guests free entry to that game, and the next home game after. If they were to attend both there would be a very good chance of them wanting to come again, pay and hopefully become regular supporters. Plus whilst there the kids will no doubt want to visit the club shop for some memoribilia or whatever to recognise that day they got to play at the JSS.

Finally I am not normally in my seat at HT - but do we use the big screen enough? I know they put up some quiz questions but these are a bit lame. This could be used for player interviews, footage of training, or previous game footage?'"

agree about the big screem could be used better, the quiz questions are lame.

as for kids on the pitch playing at half time, wont be happening anytime soon with the state of the pitch.

i remember when we used to do some kind of race around the outside of the pitch??? that was fun and also got down to a final between the two fastest teams

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5032No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43540.jpg

Quote: brearley84 "agree about the big screem could be used better, the quiz questions are lame.

as for kids on the pitch playing at half time, wont be happening anytime soon with the state of the pitch.

i remember when we used to do some kind of race around the outside of the pitch??? that was fun and also got down to a final between the two fastest teams'"

Well if Big G can be driven round in a car that could be one option in bad weather if a kids match needs to be cancelled.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach425No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/g7.gif
[color=#80BF00:34dpfp43]//www.pitchero.com/clubs/moldgreenarlfc/[/color:34dpfp43]:Others/g7.gif

I know the team performance was not the best this week but at least we got a bit of entertainment, the club through this forum IMO has listened to the fans, junior matches prior to the game, Big G & Bullman game at HT, Legend Paul Reiley doing the draw and the cheerleaders doing a bit even though they gave the CD to the only person in Huddersfield who could not work out the disc needed a wipe!

im never to proud to congratulate a tryer so well done RHP and team on trying. as for the team performance Baloo said he made mistakes in selection and there were to many child like errors so again lessons learnt and we move on.

just a quick one for the Bulls fans thought your chant of Kop out and Koppy whats the score were in poor taste please note the lad gave you 4 months of service for no pay and when he left he was up front and honest with the former manager.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5032No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43540.jpg

Quote: yully "I know the team performance was not the best this week but at least we got a bit of entertainment, the club through this forum IMO has listened to the fans, junior matches prior to the game, Big G & Bullman game at HT, Legend Paul Reiley doing the draw and the cheerleaders doing a bit even though they gave the CD to the only person in Huddersfield who could not work out the disc needed a wipe!

im never to proud to congratulate a tryer so well done RHP and team on trying. as for the team performance Baloo said he made mistakes in selection and there were to many child like errors so again lessons learnt and we move on.

just a quick one for the Bulls fans thought your chant of Kop out and Koppy whats the score were in poor taste please note the lad gave you 4 months of service for no pay and when he left he was up front and honest with the former manager.'"

I noticed that too seems someone is keeping an eye on this place and whilst that may not always be a good thing considering some of the stuff posted its still good to know that they take on board comments through many sources.

And as for the Koppy comment he has to be fair game for what he did and the way he did it and to be honest it worked as he did not have his usual solid game and how much of it was down to the abuse and how much of him trying too hard is debatable but he was poor and if Bradford fans feel they made him play like that good for them thats all part of supporting your team.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7094
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36131_1571835935.jpg
nosorożce biorą to w dupę:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_36131.jpg

Quote: Durham Giant "d040.gif

That random entertainment and everything that went with it is what built the Bulls up as a well supported club.

I would swap being criticised for being a gimmicky club to have their levels of support

TBH that was coupled with a side winning things and was very much the right time for it.

Things have changed to a certain extent although Bullmans parade etc continues our crowds aren't what they once were.

You really need silverware TBH.

Also and without wanting to wade into anything or kick off an argument that should be on another thread the current bad blood due to the share issues isn't helping. Who ever is at fault for that or not it's in the interests of both Town and the Giants that the situation is resolved and the two clubs work together. Looking at Town too as their attendances are way below where they need to be even more so than the Giants.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43854_1545310668.jpg
HUDDERSFIELD - THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43854.jpg

well done the giants for listening to the fans

we even had cheerleaders on the kilner bank side this time!! the CD went crazy though icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member15309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2115.jpg
[img:1ucbtp34]http://i62.tinypic.com/2hs0qkg.jpg[/img:1ucbtp34] [color=#BF0000:1ucbtp34]the [size=100:1ucbtp34]C[/size:1ucbtp34]laret [size=100:1ucbtp34]A[/size:1ucbtp34]nd [size=100:1ucbtp34]G[/size:1ucbtp34]old [size=100:1ucbtp34]M[/size:1ucbtp34]achine is ready to roll[/color:1ucbtp34] sunday September 1st 2013, when a dream became a reality!!:2115.jpg

not sure what went on at half time as im under the stand.
one thing i will say though that i think it's time we did away with that awful "tom hark" tune we play when we score.the crowd have always like to chant and sing after a try but it's just totally drowned out by the music plyed over the tannoy until the conversion is taken.it might work for some clubs but i dont see anyone joining in and dancing along to this.
might just be me but i find it irritating.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman31779
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1014_1377173247.jpg
[url=http://johnpdobson.com:lyk3t81x]johnpdobson.com[/url:lyk3t81x] [url=http://www.twitter.com/johnnydobbo:lyk3t81x]Twitter[/url:lyk3t81x]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1014.jpg

Quote: brearley84 "well done the giants for listening to the fans

we even had cheerleaders on the kilner bank side this time!! the CD went crazy though Fartown obviously getting on board with my Stop Cheerleaders campaign by hooking them off early on the staged pretext of a buggered CD.

50 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant
50 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.50830078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
2m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
3m