May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15575.jpg
[img]//www.rlfans.com/images/sigs/castigers.gif[\img]:15575.jpg

Quote: GIANT DAZ "It wasn't just during the game when the team were playing badly it was from the moment i got into the stadium,there was no 'party' atmosphere, no singing before the game, no joining in with abide with me etc - nothing from our fans at all !!'"

As a neutral i wanted huddesfield to win.
When i ordered my tickets from the RFL i got ask which set of fans do i want to sit with,i said huddersfield.....i honestly thought your fans would get into the spirit of the CC and i was expecting a great atmospher

I was amazed at the empty seats around me, i was in block L section 544.
It was like a morgue, as a neutral i think i was shouting your team on more than your own fans.

Maybe the extra 12,000 fans in the hudds end were made up of neutral or huddersfield town fans who cant get up for a rugby game...i dont know.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9679No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42175_1290030542.gif
[img:2b6g88ns]http://news.google.co.uk/news/tbn/ryI1dIYrb1oJ[/img:2b6g88ns]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42175.gif

Its hard to get the noise going at Wembley its a very open stadium seating wise I shaked hands with a few of your fans after who were good sports an said best team won I wish them well for them playoffs I wouldnt be so hard on your fans you have alot of good ones.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40218.jpg

Quote: poppys mum "I was amazed at the empty seats around me, i was in block L section 544.'"

How many more would Castleford or Wakey have brought to Wembley, had they got there? Do you think Catalans brought thousands over when they made the final? Pretty much the whole of the RL world became Dragons fans for the day that year!

I don't think the point on here is about numbers; it's about the vocal enthusiasm of the fans who went. If as has been suggested some of the fans were there for the first time then they will have been inhibited by their ignorance but they will have still caught the atmosphere because it's undeniable at Wembley. It's a shame that Hudds fans who do sing couldn't have been seated together but then both teams had such a short time to get ready for the final that it was probably impossible for the work to be done. The RFL needs to sort that out for next year because having such a short gap between the semi and final will have put pressure on Hudds when a longer time spell would have given them chance to get interest going on a local basis and make proper plans.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach808
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45114.jpg
:45114.jpg

Quote: GIANT DAZ "Wadski, i understand what your saying but the point is i dont think it would have mattered how many singers were sat together as 95% of the people supporting us had no intention of making any noise yesterday ,and even 500 of us together wouldn't have made a difference as around us there were plenty of people trying to get some encouragement goingbut no one responded at all !!'"

Sorry for butting in here on your forum, guys. But, FWIW, I think that Daz is right. I was in the huddersfield end myself, cheering for you guys, and I got asked by some huddrsfield fans to sit down and try to be quiet!!! I was trying to get some support for your team!!! As was my Dad, and father in law!! All to no avail, so ended up enjoying how the Warrington supporters got behind their side, and cheering on the Giants on my own, In a Cas top!!! Doenst quiet seem right does it??
Anyway, I enjoyed my day out down there, hope all you guys did too. Unlucky on the day. The bounce of the ball never went for you I'm affraid. Hope to see you in the play offs.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3977No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15575.jpg

Quote: SaintsFan "How many more would Castleford or Wakey have brought to Wembley, had they got there? Do you think Catalans brought thousands over when they made the final? Pretty much the whole of the RL world became Dragons fans for the day that year!

'"

Whats cas and wakey or catalans got to do with it.
I know for a fact if cas got there, there would have been as much noise as the warrington fans made. Anyhow it's not about what other clubs 'would' have brought. It's about why the hudderfield fans just didnt for some reason be up for the game. As the other cas fan as said most where just happy to sit with there arms folded in nice quiet surroundings.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40218.jpg

Quote: poppys mum "I know for a fact if cas got there, there would have been as much noise as the warrington fans made. '"

Would they? How do you know?

I'm just not sure it's right for other teams' fans to be critical of Hudds' fans. No-one knows how their own fans would react to Wembley until they got there themselves.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach808
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45114.jpg
:45114.jpg

Quote: SaintsFan "Would they? How do you know?

I'm just not sure it's right for other teams' fans to be critical of Hudds' fans. No-one knows how their own fans would react to Wembley until they got there themselves.'"

I was there in '86 and '92!! And we made loads more noise on both occassions!! (just a shame I have to go so far back for us being there!!)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3977No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15575.jpg

I was there in 70-86-92.
The NL1 GF we took over 10,000 i think that tells it's own story.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach16170No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40218_1286737075.jpg

And back in the day, Huddersfield took thousands and thousands too and made a ton of noise! (I know from my Dad's and Granddad's reports!) I'm talking about today. How does anyone know how their fans will react [itoday[/i, until they actually get there?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach184No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Oct 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Oh dear a very sorry experience this is turning out to be - gees if other teams fans are cheering on more than our own what does that say.......thanks to all CAS, SAINTS AND WAKEY fans for trying to wake the dead amongst the Fartown fans!!

I was sat in Block 549 and I will never sit there again if I go again. I was sat in front of some Halifax fans and whilst getting quite vocal on a few occassions they were getting stuck into me for doing so - gees PASSION ANYONE.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach224No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/The Swedish Chef.gif
:White Backgrounds/The Swedish Chef.gif

Quote: cjg1mpo "We were chacing the game from the first min. What was there to shout about? Also, i bet we were so quiet before hand as we were all nervous we might throw it down the pan like we usually do in front of TV cameras, just like we did!

From the state of the game, to take nothing away from wire who were the better side on the day, they didnt win it! We lost it!!! 2 very soft trys in the first 10 mins, and very little idea when attacking. Which this season has been pretty good!

At least we didnt do the Wigan Walk!'"

what's the wigan walk got to do with anything, do other fans of other clubs never go early.you say, you concede a try inside 2 minutes so you can't find the energy to support your team,absolutely pathetic.let's face it your team has worked wonders to get where they are,trying to become a big club,alas the fact is your support doesn't deserve them.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman31082No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

You know what, I am kinda fed up of our own supporters having a go at each other, people watch the game in their own way, there wasnt much to cheer about after the first 10 minutes anyway.

So those of you that want to cheer and shout get down to see the lads tomorrow and [ireally[/i do something to help the team - lift them now, when they are down

Stop wasting energy on slagging off those fans that wont be there and wont read this forum.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2064No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18473.jpg
:18473.jpg

If (and hopefully when) I go again I will not sit on level 5 either. Will sit on the bottom tier as they seemed to have more spirit.

The kid sat next to me had a hooter. He persistently blew it from the minute he got to his seat (one of many on the row due to them swapping about half the game) but as soon as the game started he didnt bother...because his Grandpa told him to stop it!

There is still a large number of Fartown Fans who cannot grasp the singing scenario...they consider this more of a football thing. I am very vocal at games and will shout and sing wherever I am. I often get people turning round to see who is shouting...I often ask them why they are looking at me as the game is being played in front of them!

I have witnessed people who do not even clap when the team come out on to the field at the start of a game, nor clap or cheer when they score. Makes me wonder why they bother going sometimes but I suppose everyone cannot be the same.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach184No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2011Oct 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: riversideboy "what's the wigan walk got to do with anything, do other fans of other clubs never go early.you say, you concede a try inside 2 minutes so you can't find the energy to support your team,absolutely pathetic.let's face it your team has worked wonders to get where they are,trying to become a big club,alas the fact is your support doesn't deserve them.'"

I agree however you are preaching to converted on here pal - do us a favour and write to the Examiner so that the glory hunters and absentee's can read it!! icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach425No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2011Mar 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30266.jpg
[url=http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=438945:3u64yde5][img:3u64yde5]http://www.rlfans.com/images/sig.gif[/img:3u64yde5][/url:3u64yde5]:30266.jpg

People were looking disgusted at me and my wife because we wanted to get behind the lads, going behind made no difference. I didn't go to the game because we were going to win, I went because I wanted to support my side and make a racket! Infact, I'm not feeling too down about losing because we lost to a better side on the day and that's the way it should be...the best side getting the glory.

There is clearly a divide of opinion and I can accept to an extent fans being more reservd during a normal Super League game, but for the sake of a Challenge Cup final I think we could have made a bit of an effort. Regardless of the score you need to spur your side on, give them that lift when they need it. Anyone who say's it doesn't make a difference is talking tosh. If you look at Stoke City in the Premiership, they were proven to have the noisest home fans in the league...compare their home form with their away form and you will see what I mean...and they had just been promoted, so hardly a team of world beaters!!!!

Come on Hudds fans!!!!

180 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant
180 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.853515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
mwindass
9m
Staying or Not
Les Norton
17m