Nov 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Show me where Rick Stone said he has "been saddled with players he doesnt want"
It seems to me you are determined to have your spin on events to be taken as fact.

RankPostsTeam
International Star10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60098_1402496159.jpg
the future's bright the future's [color=#800000:1p3f9jf7]claret [/color:1p3f9jf7] and [color=#FFFF40:1p3f9jf7]gold [/color:1p3f9jf7]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60098.jpg

Quote: jumper "Show me where Rick Stone said he has "been saddled with players he doesnt want"
It seems to me you are determined to have your spin on events to be taken as fact.'"

He hasn't said those things exactly but he has said he is unhappy with recruitment- read between the lines in this piece and it could be construed by some www.totalrl.com/giants-coach-unh ... cruitment/
Quote: jumper "Show me where Rick Stone said he has "been saddled with players he doesnt want"
It seems to me you are determined to have your spin on events to be taken as fact.'"

He hasn't said those things exactly but he has said he is unhappy with recruitment- read between the lines in this piece and it could be construed by some www.totalrl.com/giants-coach-unh ... cruitment/

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain206No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Which part of the 7th paragraph do you not understand?

RankPostsTeam
International Star110No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

"HE hasnt said that exactly" He has also said he is comfortable with recruitment so far,
I repeat you seem determined to have to have your spin on events taken as fact!
Well Im afraid they are not facts, just your spin!!
I personally spoke to Rick Stone on Wednesday and he was very happy how things are progressing, sorry if that disappoints you, it would seem you would prefer doom and gloom.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach308No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Sep 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

he was also saying we have problems with the cap . if we are up to the full super league cap then there must have been some major panic buying the end of last year .it would be nice to know what our cap is then we can judge how well or not we are doing when it comes to recrutment

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain27No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Stone has been saddled with recruitment and deals he would not have made and seems he is being honest and making the best of it. Interesting to see he has said he does not see it as the end for Ellis at the club. Wants him to get fit and change attitude and in meantime spares some salary cap. Have to say it is all really frustrating at the moment. Gaskell could be good, Clough is squad at best. If we are to climb we need 3 decent signings I think. If we fail to recruit further then I think we will struggle yet again

RankPostsTeam
International Star1078
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Let's be rite about this! We are where we are! We have tried and get players in still are trying! Stone has pointed out all the issues we bemoaned about last season, fitness, aggression, small squad and is trying to rectify!
With all that's happened early doors, with injuries, retirements and the ferres saga we had a squad that was massively unsettled.

With all that 8 games we lost by 8 points or fewer! For me whole sale changes are not required! A new strength and conditioning team, a change of tactic and a fresh start for the boys...let's back them!

If we need them new faces will come I am sure but only those that stone wants and he doesn't seem to be singing just anyone!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain27No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Nov 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: adamhuddsgiant "Let's be rite about this! We are where we are! We have tried and get players in still are trying! Stone has pointed out all the issues we bemoaned about last season, fitness, aggression, small squad and is trying to rectify!
With all that's happened early doors, with injuries, retirements and the ferres saga we had a squad that was massively unsettled.

With all that 8 games we lost by 8 points or fewer! For me whole sale changes are not required! A new strength and conditioning team, a change of tactic and a fresh start for the boys...let's back them!

If we need them new faces will come I am sure but only those that stone wants and he doesn't seem to be singing just anyone!'"

Of course we will back them, always do. I am just not as confident as you we are as close to turning the corner from last season. Hope I am wrong.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain206No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Like Rick Stone I am not doom and gloom just reality he knows recruitment not good enough if we had won the final last year let alone finished bottom it would not be good enough the major problems lie elsewhere at the club and are not his making I am totally behind him and wish him all the best but I am realistic about what he can do with what he's got sorry if that disappoints people on here

RankPostsTeam
International Star1078
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2018Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: hxgiant "Like Rick Stone I am not doom and gloom just reality he knows recruitment not good enough if we had won the final last year let alone finished bottom it would not be good enough the major problems lie elsewhere at the club and are not his making I am totally behind him and wish him all the best but I am realistic about what he can do with what he's got sorry if that disappoints people on here'"

I get that totally! I am not expecting us to sky rocket up the league, just think the 1st team is certainly a competitive one, if fit, settled and well drilled! Stone isn't happy about recruitment but has said this and the fact he is voicing his opinions and making the changes, eorl not at his best and suffering with injury, Ellis carrying the weight, attempting to freshen up full back...he is a breath of fresh air, and can imagine he will build his team although it will take maybe 2 seasons to get it rite

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1624
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: jumper ""HE hasnt said that exactly" He has also said he is comfortable with recruitment so far,
I repeat you seem determined to have to have your spin on events taken as fact!
Well Im afraid they are not facts, just your spin!!
I personally spoke to Rick Stone on Wednesday and he was very happy how things are progressing, sorry if that disappoints you, it would seem you would prefer doom and gloom.'"

It has resulted in a section of Huddersfield’s supporters voicing their frustrations and, although Stone insists he is “comfortable” with his squad as it stands, the Australian has expressed a level of dissatisfaction with how recruitment has gone.

“We haven’t brought anyone in of note yet, which is disappointing,” he said.
__________________________________________________________________________________

So where does he say he is comfortable with recruitment, It says he is comfortable with his squad "as it stands".

It says, The Australian has expressed a level of "Dissatisfaction" with how recruitment has gone. We haven't brought anyone in of note yet.

Just who is doing the spinning here.

End of the day it doesn't really matter what he says, It's what he does that will count, and whoever he has in the squad he is with us and deserves the chance to take us forward, He is safe in the knowledge that he would struggle to take us backward from last season. Everyone on here whatever their opinions will be behind them on match day, Don't know why people get so upset

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain206No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The reason I get upset is because the club is run so badly off the field. It's my club I want us to do well but it won't happen under current regime Ken Davy must be happy at the end of the day it's his money i wish Rick all the best he's working with 1 hand behind his back !

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach33No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I agree hxgiant.
We're kept in the dark and told very little.
I see other clubs have appointed new CEO's whilst we're still saddled with Richard Cluelis.
How he's still in situ, heaven only knows..
Maybe he's got the negatives??

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain206No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 20168 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2021Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Nail on the head!

RankPostsTeam
International Star10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60098_1402496159.jpg
the future's bright the future's [color=#800000:1p3f9jf7]claret [/color:1p3f9jf7] and [color=#FFFF40:1p3f9jf7]gold [/color:1p3f9jf7]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60098.jpg

Quote: hxgiant "The reason I get upset is because the club is run so badly off the field. It's my club I want us to do well but it won't happen under current regime Ken Davy must be happy at the end of the day it's his money i wish Rick all the best he's working with 1 hand behind his back !'"

But it's not your club is it.....

123 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant
123 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.642578125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
ComeOnYouUll
1m
Film game
Boss Hog
10m