JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????:disney/00004.gif

Quote: Jo Jumbuck "Meast snip.'"

You are wasting your time.

Too many of our fans are so used to watching crap from 20 years ago that they will accept pretty much anything that is better than a 30 points to nil drubbing. They are the ones who talk about being "loyal supporters" or the , "singers" etc. Who have a go at anyone who critcises the players or the club.

Others like me are so sick of watching Rubbish from 30 years ago that we cannot stand the frustration of watching us plod on waiting for it all to collapse like a house of cards.

Unfortunately the club seem to have the same attitude as Meast

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2752No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons39ad_files/4785-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg
:icons39ad_files/4785-1859san_c-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Durham Giant "This is the recruitment so far for Wire Catalans and Hull. They all look better than they did IMHO.

The only thing that helps is that both Hull and Catalans have poor coaches.

Hull. Scott Taylor (Salford Red Devils), Frank Pritchard (Canterbury Bulldogs), Carlos Tuimavave (Newcastle Knights), Mahe Fonua (Melbourne Storm), Sika Manu (Penrith Panthers), Danny Washbrook (Wakefield Wildcats)

Pritchard is class IMHO.

Wire Kurt Gidley (Newcastle Knights), Tom Lineham (Hull FC), , Jack Hughes (Huddersfield Giants), Mitchell Dodds (Brisbane Broncos).

Catalan Pat Richards (West Tigers), Richie Myler (Warrington Wolves), Dave Taylor (Gold Coast Titans), Paul Aiton (Leeds Rhinos), Justin Horo (Manly Sea Eagles), Jodie Broughton (Huddersfield Giants), Glenn Stewart (South Sydney Rabbitohs).

The pace that Catalan have all over the field is frightening.

I think SL will be more competitive this year than last.

Wigan will be better as they have a lot of young players who will be more experienced.

We on the other hand will be a bit older and slower. Brough, Grix and Robbo have lost some pace which wont be coming back.'"

Catalans have lost Whitehead, Taii, Dureau, Henderson, Garcia and Oldfield.

Richards is well past his best and Myler is average at best. So still not convinced they will be any more effective next season.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6816
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5794_1405666715.jpg
[url=http://www.photolens.co.uk:70rsvnly][img:70rsvnly]http://galleries.photolens.co.uk/Photo%20Library/G@PLTitle2a.jpg[/img:70rsvnly][/url:70rsvnly]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5794.jpg

Sameold, same old.

People moaning because we finish in the top 3 for the 3rd year running.

People mention other clubs who are bringing through younger players - yet fail to mention ours.

people mention other clubs' quality signings - yet fail to mention ours.

Our players are mentioned because they are getting older - yet fail to mention that every other club has at least 75% of their players getting older.

Yes, it would heve been good to win a trophy, but there are 9 Super League clubs who would love to be where we are. There are 2 bitterly disappointed Championship clubs who would love to be in our shoes. There are ...

I also am bitterly disappointed that we didn't win anything. But to be constantly moaning and spouting negatives, well!

[i[gives up in exasperation][/i

RankPostsTeam
International Star723
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Ivor C&G Scarf "Sameold, same old.

People mention other clubs who are bringing through younger players - yet fail to mention ours.

Our players are mentioned because they are getting older - yet fail to mention that every other club has at least 75% of their players getting older.

Yes, it would heve been good to win a trophy, but there are 9 Super League clubs who would love to be where we are. There are 2 bitterly disappointed Championship clubs who would love to be in our shoes. There are ...

I also am bitterly disappointed that we didn't win anything. But to be constantly moaning and spouting negatives, well!

[i[gives up in exasperation][/i'"
Spot on Ivor.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????:disney/00004.gif

SNIP

So apart from the loyal supporters and the singers,

The others to watch out for are the ones who accuse anyone of being challenging of the current team, club, mangement, etc
as being

Moaners.

If this had been 16 th century England . They would be running around with pitchforks and torches burning moaners and ducking them in ponds until we confess our sins.

Yet they never answer the really pertinent points that some of us raise.

Are we getting better a or are we standing still whilst others around us fluctuate.

Are the crowds improving despite our relative success.

Is the future of the club looking secure.

Who awards contract extensions to players who are not good enough.

What are we doing to move deadwood along.

Name me ONE Youngster who is ready to step up to first team action regularly next season. Simpson and Leeming are not ready.
Connor needs to learn how to move laterally and defend properly.

None of the forwards are ready except for the odd game here and there.

So there we have it None of our youngsters are ready. Maybe in 12, 18 24 months but not now.

What is being done to make it better.

Hinccliffe i rate, He could be a new Brad Drew. Rapira i rate as long as he stays out of the sick bay ala faalogo.

Do i think this will take us on to the next level.

NO.

Am i moaning yes.

In the last few years i have had meetings with Ken, Thewlis and the guy who looks like a walrus.

I said nothing i have not said on here.

If pointing out shortcomings is moaning.

I AM A MOANER

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member15309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2115.jpg
[img:1ucbtp34]http://i62.tinypic.com/2hs0qkg.jpg[/img:1ucbtp34] [color=#BF0000:1ucbtp34]the [size=100:1ucbtp34]C[/size:1ucbtp34]laret [size=100:1ucbtp34]A[/size:1ucbtp34]nd [size=100:1ucbtp34]G[/size:1ucbtp34]old [size=100:1ucbtp34]M[/size:1ucbtp34]achine is ready to roll[/color:1ucbtp34] sunday September 1st 2013, when a dream became a reality!!:2115.jpg

Quote: Durham Giant "You are wasting your time.

Too many of our fans are so used to watching crap from 20 years ago that they will accept pretty much anything that is better than a 30 points to nil drubbing. They are the ones who talk about being "loyal supporters" or the , "singers" etc. Who have a go at anyone who critcises the players or the club.

Others like me are so sick of watching Rubbish from 30 years ago that we cannot stand the frustration of watching us plod on waiting for it all to collapse like a house of cards.

Unfortunately the club seem to have the same attitude as Meast'"

welcome to reality and apologies if i'm not stamping my feet and sulking like a good glory hunter that i should be.
i have no problem with anyone criticising the players or the club, i do it myself if i think it needs to said, i don't accept scapegoating players or finding fault with individuals which seems to be the done thing. the club deserve criticism from time to time, it also deserves praise, i have no problem with that.
but to criticise just about everything just because the club have failed to win silverware is pretty crass too.
yes, we have failed to win a trophy again for the 52nd year in a row but the positive is, we have built the club up from virtually nothing to become challengers, we are finally in a position to be challenging, unlike most of the other clubs who just scrap around mid table, despite being wealthier than we are, having bigger crowds than us and being established in the top flight a lot longer than we have.
without the "loyal supporters" there wouldn't be a fan base to build on, there wouldn't be a club for the bandwagoners to join,there is always a place for new fans but you must never forget the loyal fans who have stuck with it.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member15309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2115.jpg
[img:1ucbtp34]http://i62.tinypic.com/2hs0qkg.jpg[/img:1ucbtp34] [color=#BF0000:1ucbtp34]the [size=100:1ucbtp34]C[/size:1ucbtp34]laret [size=100:1ucbtp34]A[/size:1ucbtp34]nd [size=100:1ucbtp34]G[/size:1ucbtp34]old [size=100:1ucbtp34]M[/size:1ucbtp34]achine is ready to roll[/color:1ucbtp34] sunday September 1st 2013, when a dream became a reality!!:2115.jpg

spot on!
it just seems no matter what we do some people only see winning silverware as the be all and end all of everything. i guess we are the wrong club for them?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach308No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2022Sep 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Durham i think you are spot on. many on here keep saying lack of cash for signings then forget the club brought the old police ground last year.giving has beens new contracts means less money for new blood.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1624
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I don't know you Ivor and I don't know how long you have watched Huddersfield for , Myself I watched them many times from the early sixties up to about 1990 when I started to watch them on a regular basis. Now I have never seen a class side playing for Fartown, Yes iv'e seen one or two class players from time to time surrounded by many mediocre ones, I was at Wembley in 1962 and at Odsal the week after ( I used to go to all finals when I was a kid ) whoever was playing, and I'm here to tell you that Fartown deserved to win at Odsal despite Wakefield being a far far better side. It happens occasionally and I suspect half the people on this board are dreaming of something like that happening again,

So unless you watched them in the Fifties ( which is quite possible you haven't seen a class side play for Fartown either, I grant you that the side now are as good as we have had and infinitely better than the absolute dross that was served up for so many years, But does that mean we have to accept we can't get better , can't get up with the serial winners.
Does it make us moaners because we want someone on the non playing side to do something other than just keep dipping their bread in the gravy, Rather than the dreamers on here who live in hope that something miraculous will suddenly happen one day and mediocre players ( for one reason or another ) will become great and we shall have the start of our days in the Sun.

It can't possibly have escaped your notice that our crowds are going down, 2,000 down on a couple of years ago, not sure if we didn't get up to over 8,000 at one point, I wonder why when we have been finishing top 4 and actually 1st.
Could it be the stay away fans are fed up with the utter dross that gets printed in the Examiner, telling us all about how we can be better next year for our experience this year, bla bla bla, heard it so many time I could recite it in my sleep, Or maybe they can't be bothered to watch the tripe that is played for 75% of our games, LIKE THIS SEASON .

Whatever the reasons they are not coming, and it seems to me just about everything has been tried other than paying them to turn up, We could of course get some quality players where they are needed, players who can take us up a level, and know how to create good Football, Our season doesn't have to be just about having the best defence.
Still on second thoughts why spend a lot of money on a couple of good players when we can have half a team who can do a job, or won't let us down, for the same money.

So there are the Moaners who want us to get serious from the top man to the lowest cleaners, The ones who think we don't have to be perpetually the nearly team.

There are also the Dreamers who think we are doing ok, the wait and see what happens brigade, who seem to be happy to accept the Jam tomorrow spiel that comes endlessly via the Examiner in the hope that it will be our turn some day.

RankPostsTeam
International Star723
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Durham Giant "So apart from the loyal supporters and the singers,

The others to watch out for are the ones who accuse anyone of being challenging of the current team, club, mangement, etc
as being

Moaners.

If this had been 16 th century England . They would be running around with pitchforks and torches burning moaners and ducking them in ponds until we confess our sins.

Yet they never answer the really pertinent points that some of us raise.

Are we getting better a or are we standing still whilst others around us fluctuate.

Are the crowds improving despite our relative success.

Is the future of the club looking secure.

Who awards contract extensions to players who are not good enough.

What are we doing to move deadwood along.

Name me ONE Youngster who is ready to step up to first team action regularly next season. Simpson and Leeming are not ready.
Connor needs to learn how to move laterally and defend properly.

None of the forwards are ready except for the odd game here and there.

So there we have it None of our youngsters are ready. Maybe in 12, 18 24 months but not now.

What is being done to make it better.

Hinccliffe i rate, He could be a new Brad Drew. Rapira i rate as long as he stays out of the sick bay ala faalogo.

Do i think this will take us on to the next level.

NO.

Am i moaning yes.

In the last few years i have had meetings with Ken, Thewlis and the guy who looks like a walrus.

I said nothing i have not said on here.

If pointing out shortcomings is moaning.

I AM A MOANER'"
One thing you are forgetting DG is that the majority of our academy have a quality in abundance, that is confidence.No one will achieve anything in RL without a great belief in oneself.I believe this is the one thing that we as a club fall behind the Wigans,Saints and Leeds,these clubs will play 2,3 or 4 players maybe more if required.To quote Alex Murphy 'If they are good enough they are big enough'.Think back a few years when we played a majority of academy players against a Saints side and almost pulled off an unlikely victory.You ask to name any player in the academy who is good enough I say any one of them.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1624
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: meast "spot on!
it just seems no matter what we do some people only see winning silverware as the be all and end all of everything. i guess we are the wrong club for them?'"

Is this the same man who was saying he would rather win than be entertained.

RankPostsTeam
International Star10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60098_1402496159.jpg
the future's bright the future's [color=#800000:1p3f9jf7]claret [/color:1p3f9jf7] and [color=#FFFF40:1p3f9jf7]gold [/color:1p3f9jf7]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60098.jpg

Why has a thread about Kyle wood descended into a moan fest?????

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain89No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018Jun 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bilko1941 "One thing you are forgetting DG is that the majority of our academy have a quality in abundance, that is confidence.No one will achieve anything in RL without a great belief in oneself.I believe this is the one thing that we as a club fall behind the Wigans,Saints and Leeds,these clubs will play 2,3 or 4 players maybe more if required.To quote Alex Murphy 'If they are good enough they are big enough'.Think back a few years when we played a majority of academy players against a Saints side and almost pulled off an unlikely victory.You ask to name any player in the academy who is good enough I say any one of them.'"

Big problem regarding playing young players Bilko, We are stuck with old players on contracts so Anderson must play them. How will we find out if they are ever going to be good enough? Sign more overseas players!!!!!!,

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4913
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"[color=#800000]Huddersfield[/color] -[color=#FF8000]The Birthplace of Rugby League[/color]" [color=#FF8000]They couldnt beat us[/color] -[color=#800000]so they joined[/color] !:

Quote: meast "welcome to reality and apologies if i'm not stamping my feet and sulking like a good glory hunter that i should be.
i have no problem with anyone criticising the players or the club, i do it myself if i think it needs to said, i don't accept scapegoating players or finding fault with individuals which seems to be the done thing. the club deserve criticism from time to time, it also deserves praise, i have no problem with that.
but to criticise just about everything just because the club have failed to win silverware is pretty crass too.
yes, we have failed to win a trophy again for the 52nd year in a row but the positive is, we have built the club up from virtually nothing to become challengers, we are finally in a position to be challenging, unlike most of the other clubs who just scrap around mid table, despite being wealthier than we are, having bigger crowds than us and being established in the top flight a lot longer than we have.
without the "loyal supporters" there wouldn't be a fan base to build on, there wouldn't be a club for the bandwagoners to join,there is always a place for new fans but you must never forget the loyal fans who have stuck with it.'"

That is exactly the point thats getting used wrongly in some respects Martin
Many on here have had me down as a moaner for quoting facts for years so one more season will be like water off a ducks back ! icon_wink.gif

Without being disrespectful some of the current regulars are (relative) newcomers so the improvement theyve witnessed is from a "standing start " that even then wasnt the depths " you" and "our kid" witnessed prior to the almost disappearance of the club PRIOR to when Ken rode into the frame. You and many dont want knighthoods for "hanging on in" from way back and that includes Ivor, Cag, et al who I have great respect for . Many including the senior Giants have witnessed a real roller coaster going back as you say to the 50 odd years since we had a trophy. Up at the top competing for the double -down to the depths of more on the field than on the terraces But yeah - thats history / the game has changed / the structure of the game has changed

But many whove been once again classed as moaners are not that at all
Those who have stayed the pace are in the loyal fans grouping you say we shouldnt forget
Its just that as supporters we all FEEL this loyalty to the club in different ways and the so called moaning stems I believe from the lomg term frustration that some feel

Lets be fair some posters who have contributed to the seasons review have been on the scene a fair while and will show their beliefs and faith in different ways.
The thing that bothers me (and I think some of them) is this

Numbers HAVE dropped even during this consolidation period you mention despite winning the LLS that would in football be lauded to the heights
.......despite Kens cost cutting / price freeze initiatives

In 58- 66 period approx 30odd of us went together to away games on a Hanson bus

I know 3 who still do --- and yes they moan ! icon_lol.gif
But dammit theyre still HERE

Its a Yorks thing I believe that we are poor losers me included
But Im not for "its the taking part "
Sod that -if you take part in a game/contest go and damn well try and win
At the moment we`re not - at least a cup!

yes to me the LLS took more than 1 off games to win and rightly should be applauded but it was achieved on a gradual basis - not at a one off show piece occasion that hangers on would attend (and they did Twickenham and Wembley ) but THEY DIDN`t stay because we didnt win
That sadly is what we`re up against IMO, and is why when such as DG / and other long stay so called moaners start getting doubts, it gets me a little worried about future attendances increasing without the so called silverware that others seem happy to dismiss as irrelevant through rose coloured specs
Without these attendance figure increases - its gonna be a long hard slog in my view whatever happens on the field

RankPostsTeam
International Star178No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Durham Giant "Is our attack based 90% on five runs and then kicks by Brough ? ( or when defensively 3 runs and a long kick to get out of our area) sometimes yes, however we do shift it around. Sometimes too early. We don't just plough it up the middle though.

With Brough out who will kick ? Ellis primarily. Very good kicker, both positionally and goal kicking. Is he a world class kicker, no. Who else in super league is?

Without a kicking game what have we got ? Decent pack, one of the top three wingers in the league, a decent back line.

Do you see Ellis as the main replacement ( His kicking is average he is a support kicker) ? Yes I do. Pretty much every other half in super league would play support to brough, aside from say Sinfield & Walsh.

What pace have we got in the backs and halves ? Jerry and grix aren't slouches. Simpson is lightening further down the track.

How good is our passing to be able to play a different type of game ? We're not the most fluid passing team. We have our moments, but agree this needs to improve.

Now tell me where we would be without Brough. ? Honestly, without brough for an entire season, with the current squad and likely additions etc, I think we'd be in the 8. Probably not troubling the top 4, but certainly nowhere near the million pound game. Brough is huge for us undoubtedly, but we do have other good players.

We will be strong defensively but i do not see us scoring many points. I'd still see points in us.

How many fans would be turning up week in week out watching us . Probably about 4,500.

I think there is a strong case to say that Brough ATM is as important to us as Ken.'"

88 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant
88 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.31689453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Fev H Play Off
Marvin Goola
9m
NRL
Benny Profan
11m