JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif
you cant say that,charlie! HUDDERSFIELD The Birthplace of the Greatest Game.:Black Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

I think that some posters on here are reading a bit too much into this `meeting` with htsa, how many on here are ACTUALLY memebers of hgsa?, i`ll be `trailing`down to turnbridge and seeing dave etc myself to pay for my membership, the hgsa is trying to grow and will need ALL giants supporters to get behind them, the htsa are just trying to make it look like they represent all huddersfield fans but are way out of touch with giants fans, lets just give hgsa a chance and every one join up then you can influence the way they go forward NOT by back biting on here.
Rant over icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach280No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

You can dissect my post as much as you want Dave fact is HGSA have miss read Giants fans opinions towards this subject big time, you read these forums and post as much as i do and had you put a post up about a proposed meeting with HTSA before it happened would have gaged opinion on this subject. Leave these people involved with HTSA to their own slanderous devises or if not stick an I in the middle of HGSA and rename yourselves independent because at the moment you ain't representing the best interests of Giants fans on this subject and are doing your organisation a lot more harm than good

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14986
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cripesginger "I think the suggestion is that you have been dumb rather than malign.

Why do you think HTSA have publicised your meeting in the Examiner? (why not a joint leter if such a thing were needed?)

Why do you think the letter focussed on the stadium and not the many other things you must have discussed? (Despite the stadium issue only arising at the end of your meeting)

Why do you think the letter emphasises not being anti Giants or anti giants supporter but does not have the maturity to say HTSA are not anti Ken? (It is a pernicious attempt to isolate Ken. It is a politics for dummies ploy and you appear to have been stitched up like a kipper)

Do you think HTSA are pleased to they could write a letter to the paper with all this baloney about the stadium shares going 'where they belong' while cuddling up with Giants supporters? (Another politics for dummies ploy - using infered support)

I assume the Giants supporters association have already written to the Examiner making it clear that

Im not suggesting for one minute that Dave, Mick or any other members of HGSA are doing anything whatsoever to encourage this mob and think they are doing a great job for the supporters in general and have myself been meaning to join too.

But i do agree with Cripes that some form of letter setting the record and the minds of the giants fans straight as well as letting the hate mob know in no uncertain terms that we ARE NOT and NEVER WILL take part in any anti-Ken rubbish is needed.
Let us not turn this into a fan divide subject as i'm sure everyone knows Dave and the rest of the Supporters group are some of the most staunch Fartown fans i know and will only do things to try and benefit our fans and our club but do need to distance themselves with the 'other' lot.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43854_1545310668.jpg
HUDDERSFIELD - THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43854.jpg

a meeting with them after all this bile they have thrown about ken davy eusa_naughty.gif

this meeting was kept very quiet from us...yet you seem to highlight every other meeting on here

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00004.gif
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????:disney/00004.gif

Quote: GIANT DAZ "Im not suggesting for one minute that Dave, Mick or any other members of HGSA are doing anything whatsoever to encourage this mob and think they are doing a great job for the supporters in general and have myself been meaning to join too.

But i do agree with Cripes that some form of letter setting the record and the minds of the giants fans straight as well as letting the hate mob know in no uncertain terms that we ARE NOT and NEVER WILL take part in any anti-Ken rubbish is needed.
Let us not turn this into a fan divide subject as i'm sure everyone knows Dave and the rest of the Supporters group are some of the most staunch Fartown fans i know and will only do things to try and benefit our fans and our club but do need to distance themselves with the 'other' lot.'"

I would echo what Daz says here.

The people who set up the HGSA did so for all the right reasons and are dedicated Giants and RL fans.

It was set up with a lot of people doing a lot of hard work and in very difficult circumstances with some associated it with the club etc being unsupportive and unfortunately potentially hoping it would fail.

Despite some attempts to use this incident as an attempt to undermine Ivor and the HGSA it is important that this is not allowed to happen. The Giants need a pro active supporters association and it can only benefit the fans and the club.

I have no problem in accepting that this was a error of judgement or an attempt to try to do the right thing. As far as i am concerned it was nothing more than an innocent mistake and not a hanging offence.

I will speak to Dave tomorrow and give him my take on it as i think it is best dealt with in a low key way.

What should not hapen is ato llow a small error of judgement to undermine in anyway the HGSA and those wo have helped to build it. They need our support not carping from the sidelines.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1300No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: GIANT DAZ "Im not suggesting for one minute that Dave, Mick or any other members of HGSA are doing anything whatsoever to encourage this mob and think they are doing a great job for the supporters in general and have myself been meaning to join too.
Let us not turn this into a fan divide subject as i'm sure everyone knows Dave and the rest of the Supporters group are some of the most staunch Fartown fans i know and will only do things to try and benefit our fans and our club but do need to distance themselves with the 'other' lot.'"

The creation of a new HGSA, the numbers involved and the evnts that are arranged are all to be commended. Doing this type of thing is exactly what a supporters association is about.

Ideally HGSA should have told fans that they planned to meet HTSA and had an open meeting for all HG fans asking them for their opinions. I think there would have been a very clear message re KD, the stadium and the Town rent a mob.

Failing this when HTSA tried raising the stadium HGSA should have refused to discuss it / stated unequivocal support for KD.

I think a letter should spell out the HGSA position. Ken deserves that support ffs.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member13805No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Jul 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3676.jpg
If London is Athens, Yorkshire is Sparta, a tougher community and proud of it.:3676.jpg

I would also agree that there is, in principle, nothing wrong with HGSA and HTSA meeting up but at the same time I do feel that HTSA are using that meeting as a way of inferring that Huddersfield Giants supporters share the views of a minority of HTFC fans and that is completely out of order.

I would not even say this was an error of judgment on the part of Dave or anyone else in the HGSA involved in organising this meeting. ATEOTD this request was apparently made before all this hoohar cropped up. I do however think that HTSA have crossed a line in the way they are trying to manipulate the fact that the meeting took place at all.

RankPostsTeam
International Star540No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2014Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I don't know Ivor & am therefore not going to say he's deliberately gone out of his way to align Giants fans with the thuggish mob at HTSA. But it does seem that however fair his intentions were, he has, as someone has put it, "been done up like a kipper". After all the hate-filled bile that HTSA has spewed at Ken there is absolutely no way in the world that I would have even attended that meeting in the first place. Why build bridges with a group which has consistently maligned & just plain LIED about someone that we hold in high esteem?

It's not on. HTSA doesn't even represent alot of genuine Town fans, let alone Giants fans.

A full clarification letter must appear in the Examiner asap. Then all Giants fans & the real Town fans can unite against the true problem, which is HTSA.

What time will Ken take his seat on Sunday? I want to be sure I'm there in time to give him my full support.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14986
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

another angle is what will Ken and his family think when they see the letter from the mob?
the fact that it is making out that the giants supporters association are taking sides and supporting this lot in their campaign ......this is why its imperative that the HGSA issue a counter letter removing themselves from anything that suggests they support HTSA'a campaign of hatred against Ken/Huddersfield Giants/Giants fans so Ken can see its them twisting things. By remaining silent on this It's almost as if the HGSA are agreeing to support HTSA's case.

Come on guys .......lets get this letter done , for Giants fans and more importantly Ken's sake !!!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2266No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12807.jpg
:12807.jpg

I believe a meeting of this kind should take place but at this moment of time where the HTSA or more importantly Marcus Middleton, Stephen King and Robert Pepper are on their self centred drive to vilify Ken Davy it could've waited, as knowing them it would've been used in their own agenda mis informing what had actually been said!! I name these three even though Mr King has done a lot of good regards HTSA and Mr Pepper has stood down only to come back into the frame, as they are the public face of The HTSA. I think the main protagonist is Marcus Middleton, and it's his main ambition to bring Ken Davy down at all costs!!

I do believe a letter of opposition should be drawn up with not alienation of the HTSA but with support on the real basis of this meeting. And a note saying that the one thing they don't share opinion on is the stadium issue and the Ken Davy hate campaign!

I think Dave is doing a great job, as in Stephen King can do great stuff for the HTSA when not driven in the campaign of vilifying Ken Davy.

BTW where's the flag that was mentioned??? Anyone doing one over a certain size needs permission!

RankPostsTeam
International Star10464
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
60098_1402496159.jpg
the future's bright the future's [color=#800000:1p3f9jf7]claret [/color:1p3f9jf7] and [color=#FFFF40:1p3f9jf7]gold [/color:1p3f9jf7]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_60098.jpg

The HGSA is a fantastic group and are trying hard to bring something together for the good of the fans of the club and RL in general. I think it's a good idea to meet with HTSA because it shows the people of this town that giants fans are not vindictive or petty like a section of the football fans. I do believe however that HTSA have used this meeting to their advantage to infer support for their cause which is not there. I agree that a letter should be written as suggested explaining the HGSA position- but I don't believe it should come directly from HGSA. Representatives from HGSA need to contact HTSA and request that THEY clarify the matter in a further examiner piece apologising for any misrepresentation that they have caused. For me that looks better on the HGSA as if HTSA refuse to do so then HGSA can come out and say as much.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1331No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021May 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Why would anyone in their right mind who are fartown/giants supporters meet with the HTSA whilst the give the stadium back for £2 is on.

Dean Hoyle is allowing the HTSA to fire his bullets for him and IVOR and the HGSA have a meeting with them? Surely any organisation that purports to represent a bunch of people (Giants Supporters) whether members or not should surely be guided by member/supporter opinion which is clearly supportive of KD anti HTSA and neutral to HTAFC generally wishing HTAFC success in their footballing matters.

On principle any giants supporters should not join this organisation until it has publicly clarified its stance to the stadium issue and HTSA. In fact it should have the clubs written backing or as another poster says add the word 'indepedent' to its title.

I believe that HTAFC should get its shares back at a fair and current market value agreed by both parties and the whole matter should be put to 'bed' not dragged by HTSA across as much National media as it can as that does no one any good and it wouldn't surprise me if thats all KD wants!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1050
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Feb 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB120.gif
2013 FARTOWN LLS Winners Danny Brough Man of Steel Paul Anderson Coach of the Year Dream Team selections Leroy Cudjoe Danny Brough Shaun Lunt Big Eorl Brett Ferres All in all not a bad year:cartoons/WB120.gif

Whilst not denying these people from HGSA are doing a good worthwhile job for the supporters, I just can't believe they were naive enough to believe that the HTSA wouldn't use this meeting, however well meaning and use it for their own cause. What are the HGSA doing to put the record straight ???
The silence from HGSA is deafening, if you agree with the statement in the examiner let us know, if not are you going to do something to rectify the situation.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6816
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5794_1405666715.jpg
[url=http://www.photolens.co.uk:70rsvnly][img:70rsvnly]http://galleries.photolens.co.uk/Photo%20Library/G@PLTitle2a.jpg[/img:70rsvnly][/url:70rsvnly]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5794.jpg

Without reading the intervening articles since my last post, I have sent the following e-mail to Steve King, chairman HTSA. A similar statement is being sent to the Examiner.

I’ve just had pointed out to me your comments in ‘Down At The Mac’ where you state “the silence is not enhancing Mr Davy’s reputation and fans of both the Giants & Town & the public of Kirklees are beginning to question why there have been no replies or acknowledgements.”.

I know of no Giants fans who are questioning Ken Davy’s reputation. I have not come across the ‘public of Kirklees’ who are questioning Ken Davy’s reputation.

There is a feeling afoot that you are aligning the Giants Supporters Association with your shares protest. It has started to turn Giants fan against Giants fan, even though none of us support your campaign.

At our recent joint committee meeting I requested that, in the interest of cordiality, the share issue should not be raised. Unfortunately this did not materialise when one of your representatives brought the matter up. At no time during that meeting did our committee agree to support your campaign. We did think that Ken’s idea of a trust for the shares was good.

I feel that I must reiterate that the Huddersfield Giants Supporters Association does not support your campaign and totally disagrees with the manner which you are hounding the man who saved Huddersfield Town.

HGSA takes the view that the shares issue is a private matter between the owners of the Giants and Town and as such should be left to them and KDSL to sort out in the appropriate manner.

In conclusion, the Huddersfield Giants Supporters Association completely disassociates itself from any personal and public campaign against Mr Davy and will encourage all Giants fans to support Mr Davy and thank him for his efforts to preserve professional sport in Huddersfield and for helping make the Giants the successful club they are today.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman11032No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
939.gif
[color=#800000:2lx59zd0]FARTOWN FOREVER[/color:2lx59zd0] [color=#800000:2lx59zd0]FARTOWN LEGENDS - Danny, Eorl, Reilly, Stan and Wally[/color:2lx59zd0]:939.gif

Quote: Ivor C&G Scarf "Without reading the intervening articles since my last post, I have sent the following e-mail to Steve King, chairman HTSA. A similar statement is being sent to the Examiner.

I’ve just had pointed out to me your comments in ‘Down At The Mac’ where you state “the silence is not enhancing Mr Davy’s reputation and fans of both the Giants & Town & the public of Kirklees are beginning to question why there have been no replies or acknowledgements.”.

I know of no Giants fans who are questioning Ken Davy’s reputation. I have not come across the ‘public of Kirklees’ who are questioning Ken Davy’s reputation.

There is a feeling afoot that you are aligning the Giants Supporters Association with your shares protest. It has started to turn Giants fan against Giants fan, even though none of us support your campaign.

At our recent joint committee meeting I requested that, in the interest of cordiality, the share issue should not be raised. Unfortunately this did not materialise when one of your representatives brought the matter up. At no time during that meeting did our committee agree to support your campaign. We did think that Ken’s idea of a trust for the shares was good.

I feel that I must reiterate that the Huddersfield Giants Supporters Association does not support your campaign and totally disagrees with the manner which you are hounding the man who saved Huddersfield Town.

HGSA takes the view that the shares issue is a private matter between the owners of the Giants and Town and as such should be left to them and KDSL to sort out in the appropriate manner.

In conclusion, the Huddersfield Giants Supporters Association completely disassociates itself from any personal and public campaign against Mr Davy and will encourage all Giants fans to support Mr Davy and thank him for his efforts to preserve professional sport in Huddersfield and for helping make the Giants the successful club they are today.

***'"

Fartown eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

Well said that man.

123 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant
123 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.90966796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Leigh it is
WWste
8m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
9m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
10m
Film game
Wanderer
17m
Recruitment rumours and links
Smiffy27
Recent
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
Recent
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
Vancouver Le
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Betting 2024
karetaker
38s
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
39s
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
leedsbarmyar
39s
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
43s
Play-off semi-final
Prince Buste
47s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
54s
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
58s
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
1m
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
1m
RLFANS News
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
NickyKiss
TODAY
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Or thane
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
Victor
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Ilkley Fax
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,025 80,13214,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22