OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18473.jpg
:18473.jpg

Quote: Fozzibear "
Quote: Fozzibear "I figured they werent bothered why should I be?

a team doesnt go into a game not been bothered, they get outplayed. face it salford outplayed us in every aspect of the game, but you stick with your team no matter what the score becuase its about loyalty and commitment. im not saying it makes you less of a fan that me or anyone else, but uve spent good money to watch a game, so stick it out for the players who are trying, but this time just didnt click with each other. dont slag the team off otherwise they will think that the fans dont care and will get slaughered each and every week.'"
'"

I didnt say they did go into a game not being bothered. I agree Salford outplayed us in every single aspect of the game. What I was saying was I went earlier because I felt I could utilise my time better. The team were not interested from the minute the game kicked off. They were waiting for the "other guy" to make the tackle, make the break etc. etc. I have stuck with this team for the past 16 years and will continue to do so. I dont slag the team off, I simply put forward my opinion on their performance in a polite manner as is my right. They know the fans care, the reason why they get grief from the fans is because they care, if we didnt care we wouldnt turn up and we wouldnt give a damn how we played or if we won would we?? The team getting criticism is hardly the reason why they lost today or any other time...it was because they didnt perform like they can for whatever reason. I have witnessed many slaughterings by the likes of Leeds - I was there in that first season stood in the stands at Leeds singing "We only came for the cricket" because the score was that big. I didnt "slag" them off then and dont now.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member15309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2115.jpg
[img:1ucbtp34]http://i62.tinypic.com/2hs0qkg.jpg[/img:1ucbtp34] [color=#BF0000:1ucbtp34]the [size=100:1ucbtp34]C[/size:1ucbtp34]laret [size=100:1ucbtp34]A[/size:1ucbtp34]nd [size=100:1ucbtp34]G[/size:1ucbtp34]old [size=100:1ucbtp34]M[/size:1ucbtp34]achine is ready to roll[/color:1ucbtp34] sunday September 1st 2013, when a dream became a reality!!:2115.jpg

Quote: The Caged Beast "I think our "kids" such as Myler, Ratchford, Goulding anfd Turner ran the show.

We now have a good blend of youth and exprience.

Just goes to show that Robinson is an average scrum half and will never be in the same league as Myler'"

whilst im impressed by the salford kids ( not including wigan's goulding!) im sure robinson was once a good promising talent? im sure when he was a good promising kid at salford he was more than just an average player?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1305No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Somewhere in the dust of time rest the bones of the Galilean He who was spat upon. He whose face was marred beyond all human likeness Somewhere buried among the lies of the past rests the tomb of Yeshua Of he who was made God in a world without Hope. And when this son of Joseph is found. What then will the Church of Rome say? Prepare yourself for the day is coming. And men will say "Blessed are the wasted lives who perished in the flames of the holy war":

No passion.
No commitment.
No ambition.
No effin clue.

That sums up our performance today. Low points. Not finding touch with the first penalty. Not being able to defend our line. Passing to a player stood in front of you (twice). Inside ball, inside ball, inside ball. What are we going to do on this tackle, oh I might have guessed inside freaking ball. Kicking on the last tackle near the Salford line EVERY SINGLE SODDING TIME. At one point we had at least a four to one overlap and Robinson ran along the line and then kicked sideways FFS. Kicks that where either too hard along the floor or just lobbed throught the air into the in-goal area, every single one resulting in a Salford tap on the twenty. Getting a scrum near the Salford line with maybe time for one or two tackles and what do we do? Give the ball to Faiumu who runs in and gets tackled, excellent way to waste a tackle.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach28No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

yeh i appreciate that n by the sound of what your saying yo've been watching the giants a lot longer than me n you sound like a much more experienced spectator than me. it just really gets me frustrated when people leave early even if you do think you could be spending your time more wisely. i mean 10 minutes is nothing you might as well sit it out just to see the end of it seen as though uve sat through the first 70 minutes.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member235No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2012Jul 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3328.jpg
:3328.jpg

Quote: Mad_Jack_Mcmad "No passion.
No commitment.
No ambition.
No effin clue.

That sums up our performance today. Low points. Not finding touch with the first penalty. Not being able to defend our line. Passing to a player stood in front of you (twice). Inside ball, inside ball, inside ball. What are we going to do on this tackle, oh I might have guessed inside freaking ball. Kicking on the last tackle near the Salford line EVERY SINGLE SODDING TIME. At one point we had at least a four to one overlap and Robinson ran along the line and then kicked sideways FFS. Kicks that where either too hard along the floor or just lobbed throught the air into the in-goal area, every single one resulting in a Salford tap on the twenty. Getting a scrum near the Salford line with maybe time for one or two tackles and what do we do? Give the ball to Faiumu who runs in and gets tackled, excellent way to waste a tackle.'"

Couldn't sum it up much better than that.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach403No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38873.gif
[img:u9gaw73o]http://i64.servimg.com/u/f64/12/34/74/45/ad210.gif[/img:u9gaw73o]:38873.gif

Quote: goodie "totally agree with all the above points, though i thought the main difference was salford stuck to a game plan and executed it perfectly, we had enough chances in the first half to win the game but couldnt execute, why have we suddenly wanted to kick into the in goal all the time especially when they had been shortened today.
who the hell picked mom because both half backs were shocking in my opinion, cant see how any of the backs could have won it, again i have said it before the cas fans were right about moore hes not upto the job, his passing is awful. also think nathan brown should shoulder some of the flak his team selection today and tactics seemed clueless, lunt great impact player coming on as hooker but not starting as back rower, the farce with korkidas unless he was injured, ithink he was outcoached today as well as the team outplayed
rant over well played salford, lets get back on track at wakey next week'"
good rant icon_biggrin.gif agree icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach467No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2010May 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: brearley84 "since when was goulding your kid?? thought he was wigans!'"

We have adopted him icon_lol.gif

He has played really well since he came on loan and has really improved the defence on that side of the field. He has scored a few tries too. Hopefully we can keep him for the rest of the season and who knows after that icon_razz.gifRAY:

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1055No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2012Mar 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33469.jpg
IF WIDNES DESERVE A PLACE IN SUPER LEAGUE.......THEN THE POPE IS JEWISH!:33469.jpg

Robinson was a good prospect at onetime with us,im glad we did get relegated and he fooked off to you's as we would not have the most promising number 7 in super league amongst our ranks icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif
His kicking game at salford was always poop(infact i remember twice at your place 3 years ago he twice failed to find touch on a pen kick for touch!!)and it certainly looks like it hasn't improved much on todays performance!!
OH RITCHIE MYLER!!THE ONLY MAN FROM WIDNES WITH A FULL TIME JOB!! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6292No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7891.jpg
Salford RLFC Folly ARLFC Good john wilky last looked out on the pitch at salford. when the snow lay round about deep and crisp and even brightly played the lads that night though the frost was cruelllll when poor swinton scored a try we had 94urrrrrrrrrr:7891.jpg

Quote: meast "whilst im impressed by the salford kids ( not including wigan's goulding!) im sure robinson was once a good promising talent? im sure when he was a good promising kid at salford he was more than just an average player?'"

Can't disagree, i still think robbo has a lot to offer and looks dangerous every time he gets the ball Made a couple of great half breaks today and offloaded twice to set hudds free!! Thank fook the little nugget head didn't have the last word though!!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3356
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif
The fans, the members, the people there.. from the day I stepped foot onto that field at the AJ Bell Stadium,I knew I would love that club for the rest of my life. "Jackson Hastings".. Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything. Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986) The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget The Naive Forgive And Forget The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget "I am not young enough to know everything" Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900) One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph. virginia woolf (1882-1941):icons1949_files/4193-180guyguyme2003-msnicons.gif

Quote: Mad_Jack_Mcmad "That sums up our performance today. Low points. Not finding touch with the first penalty. Not being able to defend our line. Passing to a player stood in front of you (twice). Inside ball, inside ball, inside ball. What are we going to do on this tackle, oh I might have guessed inside freaking ball. Kicking on the last tackle near the Salford line EVERY SINGLE SODDING TIME. At one point we had at least a four to one overlap and Robinson ran along the line and then kicked sideways FFS. Kicks that where either too hard along the floor or just lobbed throught the air into the in-goal area, every single one resulting in a Salford tap on the twenty. Getting a scrum near the Salford line with maybe time for one or two tackles and what do we do? Give the ball to Faiumu who runs in and gets tackled, excellent way to waste a tackle.'"

All the above sounds like the Radar Robinson we once knew.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member14986
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Feb 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Terrible is an understatement i think - that was one of the worst performances i have ever seen by a Giants side in SL and i've been there all the time and i have seen a few !.

what annoys me even more is even when the game was slipping away from them, Eorl apart, not one of our players looked interested in getting it back, not one player decided to try something different to spark us into life and thats the annoying thing, this season we've gone to wigan and hull kr, gone behind then come back and blown them away - yesterday i dont think they even cared if they won or lost

no urgency
no passion
no will to win
absolutely no creativity from any of our so called 'flair' players.

must say though well done to Salford, they played us of the park at times just by playing basic Rugby and their fans who ,for only a small amount made a decent noise

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1775No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2014Jul 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32383.gif
:32383.gif

Quote: Fozzibear "yeh i appreciate that n by the sound of what your saying yo've been watching the giants a lot longer than me n you sound like a much more experienced spectator than me. it just really gets me frustrated when people leave early even if you do think you could be spending your time more wisely. i mean 10 minutes is nothing you might as well sit it out just to see the end of it seen as though uve sat through the first 70 minutes.'"

In fairness I'd rather get home 30mins-an hour earlier than watch a final 10 minutes of tripe.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach15511
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2020Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43854_1545310668.jpg
HUDDERSFIELD - THE BIRTHPLACE OF RUGBY LEAGUE:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43854.jpg

Quote: wardleyred "Robinson was a good prospect at onetime with us,im glad we did get relegated and he fooked off to you's as we would not have the most promising number 7 in super league amongst our ranks
his kicking game at salford was always poop?? think in his final season for you he had the most 40/20 kicks in super league..hardly poop

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

rlhttp://www.superleague.co.uk/statistics_player.php?season

Not quite he was 2nd on 4. Malcolm Alker is currently on 1 less than that this season, and we're only half way through.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach467No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2010May 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: brearley84 "his kicking game at salford was always poop?? think in his final season for you he had the most 40/20 kicks in super league..hardly poop'"

There is a lot more to a kicking game than just kicking the odd 20/20.

36 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant
36 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Code13 , Durham Giant

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.68212890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Cuddleclub
18m
Rumours and signings v9
CobraCraig
40m