JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Budgiezilla "many apologies, just that Linda said you don't go watching Leigh anymore.'"

No need to apologise, last sat was my 1 st Leigh match in over 12 months, and I wont be there tommorrow

The reason? , I've stopped enjoying it, simple as , hopefully I will start to enjoy it again

RankPostsTeam
International Star2383
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

That's the problem.

Once a fan stops enjoying it, they find something more enjoyable to fill their Sunday's and it becomes increasingly more difficult to entice a fan back the longer they are absent. (About 100 times as a more tangible measure after a year out I reckon)

Last week I told everyone about a fan I bumped into at the Whitehaven match who also had been absent a while but like Starbug he said he won't be back either this week.

Now make of that what you will but I got slated on here big time for giving a reason as to why He said that.

I do hope we play some entertaining Rugby League on the park today icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Harold Rigby Jnr "That's the problem.

Once a fan stops enjoying it, they find something more enjoyable to fill their Sunday's and it becomes increasingly more difficult to entice a fan back the longer they are absent. (About 100 times as a more tangible measure after a year out I reckon)

Last week I told everyone about a fan I bumped into at the Whitehaven match who also had been absent a while but like Starbug he said he won't be back either this week.

Now make of that what you will but I got slated on here big time for giving a reason as to why He said that.

I do hope we play some entertaining Rugby League on the park today
The Haven game being a cup knock out game had more interest than the usual league match, which is obviously outside the clubs control

I was enjoying the away matches more than the home games for the last couple of years, as they feel more of a ' social day out ' , it is that that the club can look at improving as they do have some level of control over that

RankPostsTeam
Moderator22898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15778_1321882771.png
L.I.S.A Secretary [url=http://www.leigh-isa.org.uk:1gm9a4wz]LISA website[/url:1gm9a4wz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15778.png

The game today didn't help we sort of packed in playing when the game was won, we need to entertain for the full 80

RankPostsTeam
Moderator22898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15778_1321882771.png
L.I.S.A Secretary [url=http://www.leigh-isa.org.uk:1gm9a4wz]LISA website[/url:1gm9a4wz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15778.png

The game today didn't help we sort of packed in playing when the game was won, we need to entertain for the full 80

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15768_1384187582.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15768.jpg

Quote: Dick Jones "The game today didn't help we sort of packed in playing when the game was won, we need to entertain for the full 80'"

We lost a lot of Momentum when Riddy went off , but you cant blame PR for that I would have done the same .

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7676
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28343_1268949591.gif
" Time is but a flowing stream". Pedro. Higherfold Cockey Pond. 1973. You can shout for silence, but boots worn all day will always hum.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28343.gif

The lads played the game exactly to PRs wishes. He said in his pre match interview that he would hope that we could have the game sealed by 50 mins so that we didn't have to struggle for the full 80 and have something in the tank left for thursday. I take my hat off to the team today for achieving this and for doing exactly what the coach required of them. Ant Nicholson for me to start from now on. We look more on the pace with him there. Steve Madan has had his worst game today for a long time and hope he has got it out of the way and does'nt repeat today on thursday. We have got a fantastic pack coming on and if we didn't have to loose Sam it would be a winning team next season. Don't know what upset Michael Ostick on our line but I have never seen that side of him ever on a field. I would be looking at the young Presley for next year I thought he had a top game for York and we definitely need a lively scrumhalf like him if Pendlebury is still too young. All in all I enjoyed todays game I thought the York team never gave up and all credit to them. When they were warming up I said that they just looked like kids compared to us but they didn't play like them. Satisfied with today but I'm worried about Greg. We could do without loosing him for thursday.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach724
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2020Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43872_1369330615.jpg
Ronnie and Reggie - We don't like Norfern "Numpty" Geezers with flat caps and we HATE whippets.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43872.jpg

Quote: Alan "As a member of that Communications team, I believe it is essential that we 'get the message' out there, using any means at our disposal. I've always believed that, and now feel, at last, the members of the team have the 'official' backing and opportunity to do just that. I also believe that 'Communications' is one of the most vital channels in the organisation, for raising support and funding.

None of us on the team wants to get involved in slanging matches on fans' message boards but, at the same time, we also recognise that these boards are a vital way of communicating with Leigh supporters - past, present and future.

Many contributors to this board have come up with interesting, and potentially profitable, ideas, going forward. However, there have also been misapprehensions and even untruthful (
Both you and Chairman Mao need to realise that you should not be posting comments on this MB. It really does not portray Leigh RLFC as a professionally run club, it portrays them more like an amateurish pub team. This MB is for people to have a crack at each other, surely you should realise that and stop being so unprofessional. I have had the chairperson of this club post childish comments about me and my comments about the Wiggin twinning, how on earth does that portray Leigh RLFC!!!

You have the Fan's Forum, local newspapers, the official Leigh RLFC website to inform the supporters of what is going on. By coming on here you open yourselves up to ridicule. It is fine whilst things are ticking along okay, but what if things start to go wrong. You are going to get slagged off and that can have an adverse reaction on Leigh RLFC. Please start to conduct yourselves in a professional manner befitting people entrusted with the professional conduct of a professional Rugby League Club, not like some pals down at the local pub.

Oh, by the way Andy, does your thick skin cover your thick head???

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach724
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2020Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43872_1369330615.jpg
Ronnie and Reggie - We don't like Norfern "Numpty" Geezers with flat caps and we HATE whippets.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43872.jpg

Quote: SRW1996 "It's lobby not a chip.

I'm just telling you that as a chairperson you shouldn't be posting on an MB. It doesn't give the impression, to a neutral looking at this MB, of a professionally run club. Surely that's how you want Leigh RLFC to be portrayed, a professionally run club and professionally run clubs do not have the chairperson posting poop on MB's.'"

I have two primary roles at the club one is overseeing the community aspects of the structure, the other is being communications leader of a great communications team which we are hoping to develop into the finest in the game.

As part of the communications team I will use any means I feel necessary to communicate and interact with our fan base, I've had nothing but positive feedback both from fellow BOD members and all the fans I have so far met and received messages from so please forgive me if I chose to overlook your very kind advice.

From reading and partaking in this MB I've been able to feed many of the ideas and points that are raised (good and bad) into the works we are doing to improve all aspects of the club and though its early days the majority seem pleased with progress so far.

Cheers

Andy'"
]

Quote: SRW1996 "It's lobby not a chip.

I'm just telling you that as a chairperson you shouldn't be posting on an MB. It doesn't give the impression, to a neutral looking at this MB, of a professionally run club. Surely that's how you want Leigh RLFC to be portrayed, a professionally run club and professionally run clubs do not have the chairperson posting poop on MB's.'"

I have two primary roles at the club one is overseeing the community aspects of the structure, the other is being communications leader of a great communications team which we are hoping to develop into the finest in the game.

As part of the communications team I will use any means I feel necessary to communicate and interact with our fan base, I've had nothing but positive feedback both from fellow BOD members and all the fans I have so far met and received messages from so please forgive me if I chose to overlook your very kind advice.

From reading and partaking in this MB I've been able to feed many of the ideas and points that are raised (good and bad) into the works we are doing to improve all aspects of the club and though its early days the majority seem pleased with progress so far.

Cheers

Andy'"]

You mean the majority on this MB, which is 30 agreeable people at the most, all who love the Wiggin twinning agreement, not the 1300 who turn out at the games OR the few thousand who have stopped attending games. By continuing to post on this MB you are setting yourself up for the biggest of falls if things go wrong. As a professional chairperson you should stick to the conventional communication channels NOT this MB which his meant for fans of both Leigh and the opposition, Wiggin fans included.

This MB should be used not just for positive feedback BUT also for negative feedback whether you like it or not because it is the MB of the people NOT of the management.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach724
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2020Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43872_1369330615.jpg

Quote: SRW1996 "Nobody's telling anyone what to think or how to feel Steve as far as i can see. I post on here as a fan myself and if I know someone is saying something which is factually incorrect and/or detrimental to the club I will exercise my right to correct them.

To me The Wigan Partnership was done out of nesesity by the previous BOD and down to lack of finance and resourses in our club at that time. I can't come out and say it will be scraped nor are all the inherited problems and debts are yet cleared but it will certainly be reviewed by the new BOM I will say that much.

While taking onboard all the critism constructive and non constructive Im personally not to intrested in anyone who's not attending at present I'm more focused on getting new people in that stadium going forward, once the non attendees see it really is changing and is new and exactly what we are trying to do hopefully they will come back no doubt will still critise but if they pay thier money and help us succeed in making the club the best it can be then so be it.

Andy'"

necessity
resources
scrapped
criticism
too interested
criticise

Must do better :O)

See me after skool hahaha :O)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach724
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2020Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43872_1369330615.jpg

Quote: WYSIWYG "]

Cheers

is NOT his

]

Cheers

Andy'"
]

You mean the majority on this MB, which is 30 agreeable people at the most, all who love the Wiggin twinning agreement, not the 1300 who turn out at the games OR the few thousand who have stopped attending games. By continuing to post on this MB you are setting yourself up for the biggest of falls if things go wrong. As a professional chairperson you should stick to the conventional communication channels NOT this MB which his meant for fans of both Leigh and the opposition, Wiggin fans included.

This MB should be used not just for positive feedback BUT also for negative feedback whether you like it or not because it is the MB of the people NOT of the management.'"
]

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2448No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Sep 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3390_1304612784.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3390.gif

WYSIWYG - Put a sock in it "mate".

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9426
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42169_1366443727.jpg
Chorlton RL wrote- "Jonny, for me you hold the mantle of most sensible poster on the VT" ............................................................................................................................................... Yed wrote: "He's like a Kevin Penny on steroids except he's good too" ............................................................................................................................................... "What? What have I said now?" - Starbug 2013 ...............................................................................................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42169.jpg

Most fans don't even know what the people who run their clubs look like, don't know their names and never get the chance to speak to them ever,

The fact that he communicates with us on here is a privilage and i'm sure he would'nt do it if he didn't want to hear what the fans have to say and hear their ideas and issues.

I think it takes some guts to do it and reassures me that he has the clubs best interest at heart.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3994
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17580.jpg
First game was in 1967, and have been hooked since day 1. Now live in Vancouver, Canada but follow our team any way I can. “Up The Comics !”:17580.jpg

Quote: mapleyther "WYSIWYG - Put a sock in it "mate".'"

Sums up the Canadian Leythers opinion. This has gone beyond constructive criticism.
I have found the posts by the people now involved in the club nothing but informative and professional. So many threads on here in the past have suffered from a lack of information or correctly informed comment, and have spun out of control because of that, sometimes leading to damaging rumours evolving.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11989
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: WYSIWYG "Both you and Chairman Mao need to realise that you should not be posting comments on this MB. It really does not portray Leigh RLFC as a professionally run club, it portrays them more like an amateurish pub team. This MB is for people to have a crack at each other, surely you should realise that and stop being so unprofessional. I have had the chairperson of this club post childish comments about me and my comments about the Wiggin twinning, how on earth does that portray Leigh RLFC!!!

You have the Fan's Forum, local newspapers, the official Leigh RLFC website to inform the supporters of what is going on. By coming on here you open yourselves up to ridicule. It is fine whilst things are ticking along okay, but what if things start to go wrong. You are going to get slagged off and that can have an adverse reaction on Leigh RLFC. Please start to conduct yourselves in a professional manner befitting people entrusted with the professional conduct of a professional Rugby League Club, not like some pals down at the local pub.

Oh, by the way Andy, does your thick skin cover your thick head???'"

First off, I'm not Andy - my name on the post is a clue there.

Secondly, why should I not post on here, please? Have I been banned? I post MY opinions and FACTS, which hopefully COMMUNICATE messages to supporters, (and non-supporters, of course.)

I will repeat, the idea is to COMMUNICATE, using whatever channel available,to try and get supporters and sponsors down to the club. Personally, I don't think that's a bad aim. For instance, when I've done the programme, I give a taster of what's in it, on this message board, and our opponents' message board - the idea being, to ADVERTISE the programme to potential buyers.

Should I not be doing that? Should we in fact be producing a programme? It's contents are open to ridicule.
Should we be communicating with the press? To do so, leaves us open to ridicule.
Should we have Fans' Forums? They leave the presenters open to ridicule.
Should we have LCTV? It runs the risk of the players/commentary team being open to ridicule.
Should we broadcast games? That leaves us open to ridicule.
Should we be boosting the club on Twitter and Facebook? That surely leaves us open to ridicule?

I accept, and have posted on here, (exposing myself to ridicule) that you are perfectly entitled to express your opinion. Strangely enough, I believe that I also am entitled to my opinion, and should be allowed to post facts on here, to help folks get an understanding of what goes on at the club.

Oh, and by the way, I don't know whether your final sentence was aimed at 'Andy' or me, but if it was me, I would be insulted by it and would humbly suggest that it infringes the rules of this forum. However 'ridiculed' I feel, I would not lower myself to issuing petty insults - that really would expose me to ridicule, not to mention being banned!

157 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
157 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 27 HKR Away
ArthurClues
3m
Rumours and signings v9
Fantastic Mr
4m