JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Think the meet the players night will be worth attending as I am expecting to hear some very good news.

Just to close a Fax mate of mine told me Mr Jagger fell off a diving board in Guernsey. He will be pleased he did not take Tipster Steve's bet. icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15768_1384187582.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15768.jpg

Quote: DemonUK "Well I have seen a tweet suggesting 'huge news for Leigh Centurions' which will be in DBs column in the Leigh Observer tomorrow, so who knows Charlie. I must add however I am sure we can all remember promises of 'huge' or 'exciting' news in some previous administrations that were anything but Derek I have read somewhere today that Pala is joining Tolouse in France,and it seems Salford are after Sarsfield and Armstrong,and Beswick interesting Bradford,it does seem we are clearing the decks for a Big announcement ,I don't go on Twitter but I have heard about the Leigh Observer announcement,I must admit in recent times these BIG announcements have been a bit of a let down,but I can see Rangi being a Leigh player very soon,what Tipster Ste or his mate Mr Jagger say.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15768_1384187582.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15768.jpg

Quote: Iggy79 "Ste, the point I was making was that you go on the offensive against anyone who criticises a club decision (such as charging 20 quid for a friendly). This isn't far off Derek throwing his toys out the pram on Facebook at fans who said that the new home kit is crap

Everyone's entitled to his or her opinion. Just because we support a club doesn't mean that we have to agree with every decision the owner makes.

Derek is passionate about Leigh and saved us from going under. Unfortunately his rants sometimes cross the line and become embarrassing. The same can be said of some fans on here.

FWIW, I agree that Jagger is a tool. Keep biting and he'll keep coming back!'"

Iggy we are all entitled to have our say and have an opinion even though we don't always agree,I love a bit of banter and a wind up,Mr Jagger can be a bit over the top at times but that's how some fans are,I don't think he is a tool as you put it just a fervent Fax fan,let's all have a laugh. group-hug.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6601No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Miss%20Piggy.gif
LIVING THE DREAM ALL THE WAY TO THE SUPER LEAGUE PLAY-OFFS! ''All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them'':Black Backgrounds/Miss%20Piggy.gif

Quote: Ste100Centurions "Good mornin' Ste.

First, a little insight.

I feel as though I sit somewhere in the middle ground here in that I recognise some failures/shortcomings by the Club & also what they are doing well.
For example, I don't like the new jersey & so I will buy the Help for Heroes jersey & the R.A.F RU 7's jersey instead.

I can also see the massive strides made towards professionalism by the Club, yet some areas are still very much amateurish, such as marketing *especially the apparent lack of proactive promotion of the Club's fixtures & chasing of major sponsorship deals*

On the other hand, very much like yourself, I want the very best for the Club, the best Coach, Players & Directorship.
In order to achieve the goals & dreams of Derek, Paul, the players & our fantastic supporters I also recognise that it takes money, investment not just by DB but also by the fans who hope to see Leigh Centurions competing at the highest level & to do this we, as supporters need to dig deep, both financially & in effort.

I agree with you Ste that £20 (£18 in my favoured North Stand) is not a huge price to pay in order to finance the quality of playing & coaching staff we aim to attract or retain. To put real quality out on the field takes £££ & plenty of it, therefore I will happily pay for me & Mrs Centurions North Stand tickets.

I will also happily be buying a season ticket, even though I don't have a Cat in Hells chance of being at all the home games.'"

A nice civilised response with different opinions, be careful mate if you speak to me you might be tagged as Derek's left/right hand man

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
LIVING THE DREAM ALL THE WAY TO THE SUPER LEAGUE PLAY-OFFS! ''All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them'':Black Backgrounds/Miss%20Piggy.gif

Quote: mish "I haven't been on this forum for yonks - and seriously Tipster - you need to take a chill pill, I'm sure Derek will still like you when you crawl back down from his rear end.

We all know what a superstar Derek is, and we're all grateful to him for saving the club and putting it where it is now but your sycophantic posts are bloody tedious (and quite sickening). It's OK not to like/agree with every single thing the club does you know. I'm sure Derek won't banish you - he's a good guy.'"

Last one Mish, I've re read the entire thread of this and I have to say I have no idea were your little miny rant has come from?

I haven't even mentioned Derek, but you and a couple of others do??

Don't get confused with rl fans and the banter page won't you?

Ps - which one do you not like the Wigan friendly price or relinquish of the approx 70% of our gate entitlement for wire friendly?

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

"Tipster Ste wrote

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: terrykelly ""Tipster Ste wrotehttp://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-love-db.png" >'"

Made me chuckle Terry..

Thing is tho as stated to Mish.. Only other posters seem to go on about Derek and comments on FB, certainly not me!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain754No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Feb 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Tipster Ste "agreed mate, good luck with the £100 with Mick he wont even take a fiver now off me. I sense we may not see him for a while real soon.. Im a Celebrity,Get me Out of Here. icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator3533
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42910_1337432023.jpg
[i:5a56um9q]Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.[/i:5a56um9q] [b:5a56um9q]George Orwell [/b:5a56um9q] [i:5a56um9q]There are none so blind as those who will not see. [/i:5a56um9q]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42910.jpg

Quote: Tipster Ste "Last one Mish, I've re read the entire thread of this and I have to say I have no idea were your little miny rant has come from?

I haven't even mentioned Derek, but you and a couple of others do??

Don't get confused with rl fans and the banter page won't you?

Ps - which one do you not like the Wigan friendly price or relinquish of the approx 70% of our gate entitlement for wire friendly?'"

It just reminded me of why I stopped coming on here in the first place because it's guaranteed that every single person who has an opinion on the club (and as we all know, Derek is 'the club') and you either jump down their throat, write reams and reams of tripe about why they simply can't be right or, when all else fails, offer them out with a bet. It's too much - just give it a rest for a bit. We all know you love the club, and so do we, but we won't all agree on all things, but that doesn't mean we have turned against anyone - it just means WE DON'T AGREE. And even then, it matters not that we don't agree with certain things because we aren't the ones putting the money into the club or picking the players, or getting them fit, or doing the books or simply turning up every day because it's our place of work. See - IT DOESN'T MATTER.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: mish "It just reminded me of why I stopped coming on here in the first place because it's guaranteed that every single person who has an opinion on the club (and as we all know, Derek is 'the club') and you either jump down their throat, write reams and reams of tripe about why they simply can't be right or, when all else fails, offer them out with a bet. It's too much - just give it a rest for a bit. We all know you love the club, and so do we, but we won't all agree on all things, but that doesn't mean we have turned against anyone - it just means WE DON'T AGREE. And even then, it matters not that we don't agree with certain things because we aren't the ones putting the money into the club or picking the players, or getting them fit, or doing the books or simply turning up every day because it's our place of work. See - IT DOESN'T MATTER.'"

2nd rant in a day my love.. You seem to be getting confused with old sparring partners...

There's none of the above any where on the 3 threads I've posted on in 3 months?

Seems to me your the obsessed one and again unless you row with the tide of disagreement you are made to be the awkward one. Just maybe I think £20 is ok to face the pies and I actually feel only keeping our sold tickets for the Grix testimonial is a fine gesture..

Shoot me now ....

Wonder what you'd say if I said make it a fiver vs the pies and what a set of tight ba5tards our board is for keeping our ticket money..

Grow up this is a forum to post opinions only you are saying we have to AGREE, it's why the board exists because we don't all agree.

As for your bet comment the fella in question was shouting the odds for a bet and one was given..

You see the beauty of online forums and social media Mish is that you choose to read what somebody writes...

That's why I usually skip past peoples post I don't want to read their opinion on ...

RankPostsTeam
Moderator3533
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42910_1337432023.jpg
[i:5a56um9q]Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.[/i:5a56um9q] [b:5a56um9q]George Orwell [/b:5a56um9q] [i:5a56um9q]There are none so blind as those who will not see. [/i:5a56um9q]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42910.jpg

Quote: Tipster Ste "2nd rant in a day my love.. You seem to be getting confused with old sparring partners...

There's none of the above any where on the 3 threads I've posted on in 3 months?

Seems to me your the obsessed one and again unless you row with the tide of disagreement you are made to be the awkward one. Just maybe I think £20 is ok to face the pies and I actually feel only keeping our sold tickets for the Grix testimonial is a fine gesture..

Shoot me now ....

Wonder what you'd say if I said make it a fiver vs the pies and what a set of tight ba5tards our board is for keeping our ticket money..

Grow up this is a forum to post opinions only you are saying we have to AGREE, it's why the board exists because we don't all agree.

As for your bet comment the fella in question was shouting the odds for a bet and one was given..

You see the beauty of online forums and social media Mish is that you choose to read what somebody writes...

That's why I usually skip past peoples post I don't want to read their opinion on ...'"

What are you even talking about? I'll bet you £50,000 that you are talking rubbish.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: mish "What are you even talking about? I'll bet you £50,000 that you are talking rubbish.'"

So you make 2 posts and can't back any of your little rants up love....

Before you rant in future try looking at what people have posted rather than been told have posted...

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Mr Jagger "Im a Celebrity,Get me Out of Here.
Adios Mick see you in Feb

RankPostsTeam
Moderator3533
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42910_1337432023.jpg

Quote: Tipster Ste "So you make 2 posts and can't back any of your little rants up love....

Before you rant in future try looking at what people have posted rather been told have posted...'"

Because you can't argue with stupid...love.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: mish "Because you can't argue with stupid...love.'"

Sweet Mish

Discussion over...Night love.

102 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
102 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.80029296875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Accounts
the fax in a
33m
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
35m