Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7175.jpg
get leigh outta wigan:7175.jpg

Quote: Dick Jones "I can attend whatever day we play!
Can't see how the RFL could stop us playing Friday night if we prove to them about the function on Sunday to be honest and as theres apprently a function Saturday too ,seems Friday nights our only option.
Can't believe a stadium built for sport would hold an event on a Sunday whilst there's a chance one of its partners the key word here is partner , could be playing .
Also they have two teams that In fact could be at home and lets face we usually do make this stage .
However our players have asked or Friday so they get a weekend off as they dont get any this season due to no Thursday games, so I can in a way understand why as its an opportunity for them to spend a weekend with their families etc .
Just hope it worth it and we get a place in the quarter finals .'"

Most of our employees don’t like us having our factory shutdowns at the most expensive holiday times, but the company has to do it as it’s in line with what our customers want. They don’t like working Mondays either, but they have to.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11989
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SRW1996 "Alan

No problem what so ever with CONSTRUCTIVE criticism but neither LSV nor Leigh Centurions is doing anything wrong here are they?

While we have a great relationship with LSV we are tenants albeit with a stake and the stadium is run by a Ltd company like any other with a management team and set of directors with the immediate aim of making enough money to cover costs and overhead and in time make a profit. We are the single biggest tenant at LSV which we use as our base and home and get priority over 99% of things so I honestly don't see the issue here.

Ideally commercially we would want the Sunday and while the players would prefer Friday if the stadium was available all three days we would decide as a board which day we play to suit the club as whole and it's fans and ideally to best accommodate the away team, however in this isolated incident we are not afforded that luxury, no real drama let's be honest though we share Featherstone's pain of having to get across on a weekday night as we've done it ourselves.

If the game can only be played on a Friday then end of story move on and either come or don't but to state people should be sacked or such like or to make a big drama out of it is ridiculous quite frankly as people who run LSV report to Directors who in turn have a responsibility to generate revenue and operate the business, would I run my business's and think I won't book any work in next month on the off chance something may or may not happen??? No business doesn't work like that.

If it means we have to play a cup game on a Friday night then as a partner we accept that and while we sympathise with Fev it's not our problem and we just have to get on with it and prepare for the game.

It's not the criticism that concerns me it's the fact we are doing so well as business, club and team on and off the pitch and it's clear there are some people we will never please whatever we do and are just sat waiting to pounce if/ when god forbid we do lose a game or two or they actually have something to moan about.

Better off leaving people to it and taking the advice of people who have said all along stay off that message board I think.

We have a website and TV channel and social media accounts in the clubs name so going forward these will be the official source of news from the club I'm sure I can find something to do with the time I once spent on here

Andy,

No problem with you posting on here. Especially in this instance, as you are simply quoting facts and explaining why we will not be able to play on Sunday. All I'm saying is that, whatever you post, you won't be able to satisfy everybody.

The Friday/Sunday debate has always proved to be a lively one. I always prefer Sunday, well daylight, at any rate, but will still be there, whatever day we play. That doesn't mean I have to like it though.

I hear what you say about the other avenues that are open to publicise the club, but I would appeal to you to continue to use this one, particularly when you have facts to contribute to a debate/issue. I guess you just have to be thick skinned enough to take the (few) criticisms along with the (many) plaudits that have been flying about.

Keep up the good work.

Alan.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44700_1440358680.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44700.jpg

Quote: SRW1996 "Alan

No problem what so ever with CONSTRUCTIVE criticism but neither LSV nor Leigh Centurions is doing anything wrong here are they?

While we have a great relationship with LSV we are tenants albeit with a stake and the stadium is run by a Ltd company like any other with a management team and set of directors with the immediate aim of making enough money to cover costs and overhead and in time make a profit. We are the single biggest tenant at LSV which we use as our base and home and get priority over 99% of things so I honestly don't see the issue here.

Ideally commercially we would want the Sunday and while the players would prefer Friday if the stadium was available all three days we would decide as a board which day we play to suit the club as whole and it's fans and ideally to best accommodate the away team, however in this isolated incident we are not afforded that luxury, no real drama let's be honest though we share Featherstone's pain of having to get across on a weekday night as we've done it ourselves.

If the game can only be played on a Friday then end of story move on and either come or don't but to state people should be sacked or such like or to make a big drama out of it is ridiculous quite frankly as people who run LSV report to Directors who in turn have a responsibility to generate revenue and operate the business, would I run my business's and think I won't book any work in next month on the off chance something may or may not happen??? No business doesn't work like that.

If it means we have to play a cup game on a Friday night then as a partner we accept that and while we sympathise with Fev it's not our problem and we just have to get on with it and prepare for the game.

It's not the criticism that concerns me it's the fact we are doing so well as business, club and team on and off the pitch and it's clear there are some people we will never please whatever we do and are just sat waiting to pounce if/ when god forbid we do lose a game or two or they actually have something to moan about.

Better off leaving people to it and taking the advice of people who have said all along stay off that message board I think.

We have a website and TV channel and social media accounts in the clubs name so going forward these will be the official source of news from the club I'm sure I can find something to do with the time I once spent on here

The criticism that you see as less than constructive is in the main aimed at the LSV management. Senior partner we may be but saying we get priority 99% of the time is ridiculous, Swinton are looked after better then Leigh. The biggest home match of the season so far is compromised because someone employed by LSV allowed the facility to be used for a 'small' function on a Challenge Cup day. We are talking about a significant loss of income by playing on Friday, my only criticism of the BOD is for not demanding as senior partner to play on Sunday.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1077No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Alan "I'm told we have a coach who is 'paranoid' about doing anything to motivate our opponents. '"

Hmm. Does he not realise that his quotes to the press about Halifax being the best team in the Championship will be read with interest by people in places like Sheffield and Featherstone?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach724
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2020Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43872_1369330615.jpg
Ronnie and Reggie - We don't like Norfern "Numpty" Geezers with flat caps and we HATE whippets.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43872.jpg

As much as most of us would prefer it wasn't on Friday evening, we are never going to win the CC. It is the league position that matters financially. Friday night gives us and Fev 10 days to recover for the away game at Fev. That's the one we need to win.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman69No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

IF it is Friday night and you all need something to do on the Sunday join in the St Georges day parade in the centre of the town celebrating various local groups. Thats where i will be even if the game is Sunday, more things in the town than just the rugby club and we are a community icon_smile.gif
oh and WYSIWYG is right if we picked one to win this season it would be the league game.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7518No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7175.jpg

Quote: SRW1996 " LSV report to Directors who in turn have a responsibility to generate revenue and operate the business, would I run my business's and think I won't book any work in next month on the off chance something may or may not happen??? No business doesn't work like that.

'"

I can understand if the business operates on individual different customers all the time, but when you have a business that does work for a customer(s) on a regular basis, then I/they expect to be given priority, over some casual.

I am the biggest customer to my transport agent he will not take on any other work, without checking if I think I may need is vehicles first, likewise if I know I’m definitely not going to need them I ring him and he then try’s to find himself other work.

Very occasionally sometimes things go wrong, he’s turned down other work and then I don’t have anything for him and its too late for him to find something, but that’s the risk he takes, I put around 150k worth of business his way he could one day let me down and take on a one off £350 trip down the M6 instead of doing something for me. I could then of course decide to put our business elsewhere.

We operate in exactly the same manner, we will make for anyone, but our major customers are always going to take priority, I guess LSV know we have no where else to go. Tail wagging dog?

RankPostsTeam
International Star137No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: glow "I can understand if the business operates on individual different customers all the time, but when you have a business that does work for a customer(s) on a regular basis, then I/they expect to be given priority, over some casual.

I am the biggest customer to my transport agent he will not take on any other work, without checking if I think I may need is vehicles first, likewise if I know I’m definitely not going to need them I ring him and he then try’s to find himself other work.

Very occasionally sometimes things go wrong, he’s turned down other work and then I don’t have anything for him and its too late for him to find something, but that’s the risk he takes, I put around 150k worth of business his way he could one day let me down and take on a one off £350 trip down the M6 instead of doing something for me. I could then of course decide to put our business elsewhere.

We operate in exactly the same manner, we will make for anyone, but our major customers are always going to take priority, I guess LSV know we have no where else to go. Tail wagging dog?'"

Nobody has been given priority over anyone by the looks of things here. LSV/ LC and Swinton have seemingly addressed a situation and made it work for all three parties, LC will play Friday night (what the fuss about that is from our fans I just don't know) Swinton play Sunday and LSV can also hold functions and make money Saturday and Sunday what's the issue am I missing something??

I can understand Featherstone being ed off but what better way to start a weekend than with a barnstorming Challenge cup tie between the two biggest and best club sides outside of SL under floodlights with a pint in hand and no work in the morning???

I saw someone refer to Catalans a few years ago as the best game in recent years, id agree and Fax home and Batley NRC semi were both Thursday night under floodlight and great spectacle also, lets leave Featherstone to moan and whinge, get them over here on a Friday night against there wishes and without the vibrant following they would normally bring on a Sunday which gives them a boost and kick there s back over the hill as we progress in cup with a big chance of a another big night in the Quarters, the couple of hundred lost species on the Friday will be far outweighed by a massive crowd and game in the next round hopefully.

If the gate is down by 100/150 Fev fans who cares we would be splitting the profit with them anyway.

Lets worry about us and sod them.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach465No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

There is also the issue that if the crowd is poor Fev lose money as well The one thing that is clear is that Leigh don't have the final say by the looks of it so just officially announce Friday and lets have done with it
What would of been interesting is if Leigh had of drawn a S/L club and they wanted it on TV on the Sunday

Whatever the outcome lets hope its a good game we all enjoy it and obviously I hope Fev win but it will be hard at your place to do that with the team you have now

RankPostsTeam
International Star415No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67299_1413506184.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67299.gif

I hope its Friday. I was hoping for a lower champ club as I knew I couldn't get to the game Saturday or Sunday. Gutted when we drew you lot as I would like to go to the game.

So selfishly I want the game Friday icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star2383
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Oct 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Waldorf.gif

Quote: reffy "You aren't bothered about loss of revenue then?

The debate has changed from what is the best day to what is LSV's attitude to its allegedly main tenant.'"

Yes I am concerned, but reading between the lines I would not be surprised if Friday night was the club's preferred date if the LSV had been fully available all weekend long.

Priority is to get the date nailed down as the topic suggests, then we can all debate how appallingly LSV Co services it's top customer ( Valid as it is)

RankPostsTeam
International Star110No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

So it's ok for us to travel to Fev countless times on a Thursday night when everyone had work the next morning, yet they aren't able to return the favour and come here on a Friday night? Which in my opinion would generate the best atmosphere if everyone had an open mind to it! Pathetic from the fev lot, as I've been their place numerous times on a Thursday!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4240No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24148_1315916334.jpg
[quote="OFFTHECUFF":1xb0p6sn] Wish i could watch a team like Leigh. :CLAP: [/quote:1xb0p6sn] [quote="Steve":1xb0p6sn] Dislike Leigh with a passion, but they are a million miles ahead of any other club in this league, a sad fact. [/quote:1xb0p6sn]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_24148.jpg

Don't get the fuss about us playing at home on a Friday night. Will be a brilliant match, great atmosphere and a good way to start the weekend. Just wish I could make it! icon_sad.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star1169No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: glow "I can understand if the business operates on individual different customers all the time, but when you have a business that does work for a customer(s) on a regular basis, then I/they expect to be given priority, over some casual.

We operate in exactly the same manner, we will make for anyone, but our major customers are always going to take priority, I guess LSV know we have no where else to go. Tail wagging dog?'"

Your supplier is off his rocker if that is 100% correct, unless your £150k is guaranteed to him at £3k per week every week.
I am sure the LSV will give us 24/7/365 if we guaranteed to pay whatever income they generate now via all functions, but somehow I dont think the club are in that position

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7518No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7175.jpg

Quote: Nostradamus's lad "Your supplier is off his rocker if that is 100% correct, unless your £150k is guaranteed to him at £3k per week every week.
I am sure the LSV will give us 24/7/365 if we guaranteed to pay whatever income they generate now via all functions, but somehow I dont think the club are in that position'"

It is more or less is every week but we cannot guarantee him work (neither me nor him know what I have for him on Monday next week yet), some of the products we make our customers request delivered to their European suppliers, and he can’t do into Europe for the same costs as I can get from elsewhere.

If you think he’s off his rocker, he at least gives me a price, we are told by our customers how much they’re willing pay for our products, when they want them, and eventually where we must deliver them, we have a choice we either agree and supply or they take their business elsewhere. Welcome to the world of the automotive industry.

254 posts in 18 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
254 posts in 18 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.25927734375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC