JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Don’t remember bailey being onside once yesterday was just strutting about doing nothing he was not the only one either

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2479No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Harold Rigby Jnr "I think we have to. Bailey Crooks Evans and Bergal. Until Pete is back.

But we won't.

Question is are we all busting a gut to make top 4 just to make the middle 8 numbers up or do we want to get top 4 and have a serious crack at unlocking SL teams.'"

That back line with Owens at full back would be very vulnerable imo. Hall is the best full back out of players available, and Owens has done well on the wing. Would go Hall, Bailey, Crooks, Evans, Owens as the back line.

If Mortimer and Higham are both fit to play, then would put Mortimer at 7.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach246No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Jun 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Harold Rigby Jnr "I have said it all season VL, Reynolds and Hutchison are two very similar halves, both in stature and style, both their games rely heavilly on runners. Very easy for the opposition to nullify IMHO.

We are badly lacking creativity in that department to unlock defences. In answer to your question, yes I would move Hall into 6 now to at least to try and ignite a spark.

I take your work ethic point,but who signs defensive half backs first and foremost ?'"

It felt too much like we had gone back to our old bad ways yesterday, especially at 6 and 7. I have been saying for a while now how predictable Leigh are to play against because out half backs always want to pass and not take on the defensive line enough, and this goes back to the days of Riddy. A few weeks ago Reynolds and Hutchison started to go at the line more and it was working. Defenses were getting unlocked and tries came. Yesterday that hardly ever happened, so even when Fax went a man down for ten minutes they still read all our plays and gobbled us up when we tried to attack. It is possibly a confidence thing but our halves need to become unpredictable to the opposition by taking the line on more.
Now Fax are a good side and worked hard, but they didn't half show some of the frailties in our game. We got hammered around the ruck time after time by Johnston and Moore. They were a at least a yard quicker than us at times.
Also they respected possession better than us. We put down too much ball and make life hard for ourselves. Jamie is a repeat offender and needs to hold that ball for dear life.
I too would also like to see more leadership, a clear and obvious organiser. Yesterday, the wheels fell off a few times and we almost imploded. Credit to the boys for hanging in there but any more rugby of that standard over the next two weeks may prove fatal to our top 4 chances.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1095No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Been told that if we make it into Top 4 there will be some new signings to come in

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach2479No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Montyburns "Been told that if we make it into Top 4 there will be some new signings to come in'"

Shame. I think with one or two new signings we would make the 4. But will struggle without. Would've hoped for at least a loan signing till the end of the season.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach9502
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13050.gif
[b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein[/size:112mouem] [/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein[/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem] [b:112mouem][color=#0000FF:112mouem][size=100:112mouem] "Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln [/size:112mouem][/color:112mouem][/b:112mouem]:13050.gif

Quote: THECherry&Whites "Look mate, my comments are not made to be disrespectful to Halifax or try to get a rise from the Fax fans. I have watched every game these lads have played and I can honestly say that this is the best group of players we have put together for years. It could comfortably compete in Super League but we have had a lot of crap going on off the field that has disrupted what has been going on on the field. That team today were not at the races based on what they can do. You have seen the worst of Leigh on two occasions this season, they are a lot better than that.'"

Make no bones, this is the worst Leigh team we have seen for at least 3 or 4 seasons. Reminds me a bit of the team Fax put together after our relegation full of players who had done decent at SL but in no way could handle how tough it actually is at this level. Theres a massive soft underbelly in your pack and until that is sorted you will always struggle against a decent team.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain73No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I don’t understand all this negativity after yesterday’s game. Especially towards Ben and drew, they have improve so dramatically as a half back pairing since the tripe the whole team was showing at the start of the season. I can recall a few key kicks from Ben yesterday that were crucial and great under pressure and how many times in recent weeks have we seen drew take on the line and play a key pass into a forward to break through and score, not to mention they never fail in defence. I also can’t understand the hype around summat (controversial on here I know....) I’ve seen him play twice now and he’s been no more than average on either occasion, I wouldn’t swap drew or Ben for anyone (within reason). As for us supposedly having a poor attack.... we scored 36 points yesterday with some great tries. And great play from drew for at least two of those tries that I can recall. We can all agree we where well below par yesterday but we got the job done and scored a more than healthy number of points in the process. When our attack clicks and we complete high we seem to be able to score at will and have done for more than a number of weeks!
The defence has taken a slight wobble but I’m confident that will be resolved.

This team for me has the potential to be better than last years for me, just needs a few tweaks and maybe a bit more grunt in the forwards for me acton seems to have lost a little go forward and bailey I don’t think is up to standard, out standout performers are mason and J Thompson, very consistent, and based on yesterday’s performance gregson deserves another shot. But our back line for me when fully available is quality and there’s no denying that.

Massive game next week against tolouse with little rest. Win that and I believe we’ll get the top 4..... loose and we need to beat tonroto in the garden shed!! Keep the faith, we know the lads can match SL sides if we make the 8s!!!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman7019No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Onwards and upwards - LTID:

Quote: Greg Florimos Boots "Make no bones, this is the worst Leigh team we have seen for at least 3 or 4 seasons. Reminds me a bit of the team Fax put together after our relegation full of players who had done decent at SL but in no way could handle how tough it actually is at this level. Theres a massive soft underbelly in your pack and until that is sorted you will always struggle against a decent team.'"

Like Salford you mean, we legitimately bullied them off the park.

We certainly haven't been at our best against you guys, and possibly you need respect for that. But if we complete our sets and cut out the niggly penalties I reckon we have the individuals and structures to match the lower level SL teams

Of course we have to get there first, and we only have ourselves to blame if we don't - should be pushing top spot and we aren't.

RankPostsTeam
International Star6904
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73643_1666630451.jpeg
[img:v6cgff03]http://s26.postimg.org/9xie34xyh/leigh1.png[/img:v6cgff03]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73643.jpeg

Quote: Bigtimeleigh "I don’t understand all this negativity after yesterday’s game. Especially towards Ben and drew, they have improve so dramatically as a half back pairing since the tripe the whole team was showing at the start of the season. I can recall a few key kicks from Ben yesterday that were crucial and great under pressure and how many times in recent weeks have we seen drew take on the line and play a key pass into a forward to break through and score, not to mention they never fail in defence. I also can’t understand the hype around summat (controversial on here I know....) I’ve seen him play twice now and he’s been no more than average on either occasion, I wouldn’t swap drew or Ben for anyone (within reason). As for us supposedly having a poor attack.... we scored 36 points yesterday with some great tries. And great play from drew for at least two of those tries that I can recall. We can all agree we where well below par yesterday but we got the job done and scored a more than healthy number of points in the process. When our attack clicks and we complete high we seem to be able to score at will and have done for more than a number of weeks!

This team for me has the potential to be better than last years for me, just needs a few tweaks and maybe a bit more grunt in the forwards for me acton seems to have lost a little go forward and bailey I don’t think is up to standard, out standout performers are mason and J Thompson, very consistent, and based on yesterday’s performance gregson deserves another shot. But our back line for me when fully available is quality and there’s no denying that.

Massive game next week against tolouse with little rest. Win that and I believe we’ll get the top 4..... loose and we need to beat tonroto in the garden shed!! Keep the faith, we know the lads can match SL sides if we make the 8s!!!'"

I don't think anybody would disagree with your opinion on Reynolds and Hutchison's improvement. But for every pro you saw, there was more cons.

They lack a leader at 6 and 7. That one player who can dictate a game. The one that marshall's them all over the park. Its not just a case of taking the line on, it's knowing the reason for taking the line on, they fail at.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5216No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44700_1440358680.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44700.jpg

Quote: Bigtimeleigh "I don’t understand all this negativity after yesterday’s game. Especially towards Ben and drew, they have improve so dramatically as a half back pairing since the tripe the whole team was showing at the start of the season. I can recall a few key kicks from Ben yesterday that were crucial and great under pressure and how many times in recent weeks have we seen drew take on the line and play a key pass into a forward to break through and score, not to mention they never fail in defence. I also can’t understand the hype around summat (controversial on here I know....) I’ve seen him play twice now and he’s been no more than average on either occasion, I wouldn’t swap drew or Ben for anyone (within reason). As for us supposedly having a poor attack.... we scored 36 points yesterday with some great tries. And great play from drew for at least two of those tries that I can recall. We can all agree we where well below par yesterday but we got the job done and scored a more than healthy number of points in the process. When our attack clicks and we complete high we seem to be able to score at will and have done for more than a number of weeks!

Massive game next week against tolouse with little rest. Win that and I believe we’ll get the top 4..... loose and we need to beat tonroto in the garden shed!! Keep the faith, we know the lads can match SL sides if we make the 8s!!!'"

That is a massive rose tinted specs post, I would take issue with’ never fail in defence’ , the defence didn’t have a slight wobble, it is a mess. I agree with your assessments of Acton and Bailey, neither are currently up to what is required of them. I would have Sammut in a flash.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8679
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14002_1637716780.jpg
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14002.jpg

Quote: Greg Florimos Boots "Make no bones, this is the worst Leigh team we have seen for at least 3 or 4 seasons. Reminds me a bit of the team Fax put together after our relegation full of players who had done decent at SL but in no way could handle how tough it actually is at this level. Theres a massive soft underbelly in your pack and until that is sorted you will always struggle against a decent team.'"

Agreed, we were awful when we beat London Broncos 40-0 in April. Haven't been to a game since. icon_lol.gif
I agree with your comment about our forwards though, overall, too lightweight in my opinion.

RankPostsTeam
International Star21664
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
62021_1514912988.png
[img:12j4q57k]https://i.imgur.com/ayH2ksC.jpg[/img:12j4q57k]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_62021.png

To be fair,Acton's not used to playing so many games. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain73No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: reffy "That is a massive rose tinted specs post, I would take issue with’ never fail in defence’ , the defence didn’t have a slight wobble, it is a mess. I agree with your assessments of Acton and Bailey, neither are currently up to what is required of them. I would have Sammut in a flash.'"

Apologies, to clarify I mean Ben and drew never let us down in defence. Not that I think so anyway. They always both seem solid to me. You feel as though summat is more of a leader than either? Is that that this big hype around him?

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain73No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: atomic "I don't think anybody would disagree with your opinion on Reynolds and Hutchison's improvement. But for every pro you saw, there was more cons.

They lack a leader at 6 and 7. That one player who can dictate a game. The one that marshall's them all over the park. Its not just a case of taking the line on, it's knowing the reason for taking the line on, they fail at.'"

I agree there is still cons but I don’t we could replace either with better ATM, and do you not think in time they can be what we need? Despite for me doing a good job now?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3294No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19316.jpg
Englands Ashes :):19316.jpg

I’m with big time on this, Sammut is very maverick, yeah he does some very good things in attack but there all for he’s self, he is a good player at this level but gets found out against the SL teams, stick with these too for now. Daley cherry Evans is looking for a way out of Manley.. he said he wants back too the Gold Coast I’m sure he wouldn’t mind a few months on the golden sands of Pennington flash

122 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
122 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.32470703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Seth Nikotemo
Trojan Horse
35m
Rumours thread
Trojan Horse
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Leyther in n
Recent
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
moxi1
Recent
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
moxi1
3m
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
5m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
5m
Season 2024
tomtom84
6m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
7m
Seth Nikotemo
Trojan Horse
7m
Squad 2024
faxcar
8m
Shopping list for 2025
UllFC
9m
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
9m
Leyther in n
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Best Semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Leyther in n
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
tad rhino
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Armavinit
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
moxi1
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,706 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22