Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Over 50 years of pain,pleasure,frustration,joy,heartache and ecstasy that supporting Leigh has given me but I would not swop it.:

If you include all the people who are not included in the unemplyment role now who would of been in the 80s I think we are on a par if not higher.

Massive increase in people on invalidity and 100s of thousands of young people on schemes or at college who in the 80s would of been classed as unemployed.Add to this the large number of people working part time and still claiming benefits and you can see why I think we are living in a country that is in a lot worse situation than stats show when comparing now with the past.

Leigh is a prime example the dole numbers have probably not changed much but how many factories have closed in the last 10 years.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1532No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Statler.gif
only the heartaches are waiting for us:Black Backgrounds/Statler.gif

there is no such thing as invalidity benefit

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25757
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Feb 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2032_1340307831.gif
Please do not send me any PM's I dont check this board often enough to be able to answer them, use my e mail add please fjparkinson@virginmedia.com All posts on this message board by me are mine I am NOT a representative in any way shape or form of ANY Rugby League club.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2032.gif

Not as many as closed in the 80's and 90's
David Browns, BICC drastically reduced in size, three pits, two factories, LUT, the carbon place in Guest Street, The Cycle maufacturer, all major employers replaced by? not one large employer. The amount of places of employment may have increased but relatively speaking the numbers have not as they were small chsnged compared to the list as above.
The size of the town has also virtually doubled since the lat 70's early 80's.
No government local or national has assisted this town they have all been a waste of time.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach541No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons1949_files/4596-27sowhat-msnicons.gif
Big Al kicking shortmatkings butt at bowls:icons1949_files/4596-27sowhat-msnicons.gif

Quote: FredParky "Not as many as closed in the 80's and 90's
David Browns, BICC drastically reduced in size, three pits, two factories, LUT, the carbon place in Guest Street, The Cycle maufacturer, all major employers replaced by? not one large employer. The amount of places of employment may have increased but relatively speaking the numbers have not as they were small chsnged compared to the list as above.
No government local or national has assisted this town they have all been a waste of time.'"

not forgetting U C P cafe k020.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1675No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Over 50 years of pain,pleasure,frustration,joy,heartache and ecstasy that supporting Leigh has given me but I would not swop it.:

Quote: FredParky "Not as many as closed in the 80's and 90's
No government local or national has assisted this town they have all been a waste of time.'"

Fred I was responding to your quote that jobless figures are not as high as the 80s,I agree with all you say above and could of quoted all those firms.

What I tried to say is I don't think their are more "real" jobs now which pay for a full weeks work and don't need govt subsidies than the 80s or 90s.

Re the town doubling I would say the people working out of Leigh but living here has quadrupled.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3107No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Mar 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1030.gif
[quote="littlerich":1czuya0c]Widnes will be glad to get away from Leigh. They've been regularly pumped, roasted and left in the alley-way by the lobbygobblers. Talk about being bitched - what a torrid time they've had. They'll be looking for some A&E rest time for the next three years at least.[/quote:1czuya0c]:1030.gif

Quote: peawapp "there is no such thing as invalidity benefit'"

Excuse me for being pedantic but...

The HMRC course I was on last week disagrees with you. Anyone that was claiming invalidity benefit back in the day, still claims invalidity benefit.. However, there have been 2 new guises since.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member15284No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.myspace.com/muttly12 [quote="Reg":5s5j2vh0]I'll tell you what pressure is. "Grand final, only seconds to go, and a field goal attempt with a split testicle and your shoes on the wrong feet."[/quote:5s5j2vh0] He's neck scars proves he's lost his head Tevez, Tevez He'll never have a sexy bird Tevez, Tevez The argy twat, the ugly ****, they sewn his head on back to front Carlos Tevez, herman munster head.:

Quote: maurice "So recently we had a society in which employment was full and we needed immigrant labour as those not working had no intention of ever doing so, the employment market changes and we have people wanting to work seeing potential jobs still owned by those immigrant workers.
My first act as PM would be to stop dole money to anyone out of work for 3 months or over, I would provide food, shelter, heat, clothes etc but not cash. That stops the fags, takeaways and beer.
I would then incentivise employers to take on these people and deal with those not willing to work by having the cleanest streets in the world.
Get out of the Human Rights garbage, change the legal aid system, get rid of the claims culture, empower the police to sort out the scum element and take out the red tape in prosecutions, reform schools and health administration - focus on teachers and doctors/nurses, reduce top rate tax, promote entrepreneurism, encourage business to locate to the uk, slap massive taxes on Chinese/Indian etc imports and introduce a citizenship test as in the USA.
We need a BIG BUY BRITISH campaign but we need to manufacture goods to have the choice.

Simple aint it.'"

You'd have my vote Mo icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25757
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Feb 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2032_1340307831.gif
Please do not send me any PM's I dont check this board often enough to be able to answer them, use my e mail add please fjparkinson@virginmedia.com All posts on this message board by me are mine I am NOT a representative in any way shape or form of ANY Rugby League club.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2032.gif

problem being twitch is that if your working part-time (above a certain no of hours) your classified as being in work, the rules have changed a few times since the 80's and yes always to manipulate figures every government has and will still do it its a farce.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1144No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

EU is a communist organisation....... it makes the rich countrys poorer, and the poor countrys rich (level playing feild)..... It drains wealth from our country and spreads it across the rest of Europe.......... Thats why I want out!

We are turning into the third world, no manufacturing, hardly no farming, no gold because Gordon Brown sold it off when it was at its lowest value, causing terrorism by going to an ILLEGAL WAR for American oil companies, we are getting COLONILIZED, politicians are robbing us left right and centre, heroin epidemic............

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach473No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2012May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12681.jpg
The poster formally known as Leigh Casual:12681.jpg

Quote: Mookachaka "EU is a communist organisation....... it makes the rich countrys poorer, and the poor countrys rich (level playing feild)..... It drains wealth from our country and spreads it across the rest of Europe.......... Thats why I want out!

We are turning into the third world, no manufacturing, hardly no farming, no gold because Gordon Brown sold it off when it was at its lowest value, causing terrorism by going to an ILLEGAL WAR for American oil companies, we are getting COLONILIZED, politicians are robbing us left right and centre, heroin epidemic............'"

You need a lift to the airport?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16601No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB181.gif
:cartoons/WB181.gif

Quote: peawapp "just a guess but do you take the Daily Mail and the Daily Express'"

Wouldnt wipe my ar$e with em mate, not bought a paper for 20 years - RL Express excluded.

Have also never voted Tory, after what they did to my town.

There is a big gap for a party with common sense and the balls to carry it through, thats why people are moving to BNP, DESPERATION!!! Now anyone moving to a party led by that fool must be DESPERATE, but they do know how to play on peoples fears and offer simple solutions/alternatives (or what people believe are solutions)

We employ 2000 people, sometimes you wonder if the government actually want you in business employing these people. Take the LSV mentality and put it into parliament, hey presto - welcome to the UK 2010.
A government run by administrators for administrators.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1773No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2013Apr 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8037.jpg
If at first you dont succeed ......... Cheat:8037.jpg

Quote: reffy "An underwear entrepreneur is to take on Health Minister Andy Burnham for the Leigh seat.
Shazia Awan, a 28-year-old
Ms Awan, from Caerphilly, South Wales,
The former public relations consultant runs Peachy Pink, the range of slimming and cellulite combating underwear,

I'm origanaly from just outside Caerphilly and have a good concept that helps slimming and cellulite icon_eek.gif It also involves underwear and a bit of sweat icon_biggrin.gif

I like the sound of the Independent bloke for the local election ( He helped the East out ) and none of the above for the General one icon_cool.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5216No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44700_1440358680.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44700.jpg

Quote: Mookachaka " we are getting COLONILIZED'"

A bit of the old irrigation would solve your problem.........a brain transplant would help as well.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1144No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2019Jan 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Maurice I agree we need a common sense Government and thats why more people are turning to the BNP........ I have more faith in them that any of the other parties..........

Common sense allways prevails in my eyes.......

We are being colonilized........ Have you ever been to Bolton our Blackburn, or Bradford???? Its not England anymore, they're the third world, with third world cultures, third world religions, third world language.............

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach473No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2012May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12681.jpg
The poster formally known as Leigh Casual:12681.jpg

I am more interested in these Westleigh race riots. Can you direct me towards a story please? Also, any chance to a list of the demographic statistics you have to back up your claims re Bolton, Blackburn and Bradford.
By the way, that offer of a lift to the airport still stands though I must warn you, my car is black.

129 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
129 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.083984375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Dave K.
Recent
Wolves again
Deadcowboys1
FORUM