JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42169_1366443727.jpg
Chorlton RL wrote- "Jonny, for me you hold the mantle of most sensible poster on the VT" ............................................................................................................................................... Yed wrote: "He's like a Kevin Penny on steroids except he's good too" ............................................................................................................................................... "What? What have I said now?" - Starbug 2013 ...............................................................................................................................................:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42169.jpg

I've been saying the same thing all week mate. South stand should be named 'away supporters stand' It should be the same price as the North Stand though. I was talking to a Fax fan who said he and his mates had been seperated and couldn't meet up. A lot of aggro for what is such a simple solution.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18789No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2690.jpg
:2690.jpg

Well, we were sat amongst a group of Leigh fans and they were great. We had great banter and there was a great mutual understanding. We had good conversations about the folly of franchising and discussed the sleep walking currently being carried out at Widnes. We mulled over some decisions of the referee and laughed together at the incredulous events surrounding Nanyn's kick offs. Apart from the strange accents (what's in yer par lad?) (Trans i thought they were a great bunch and it would be a shame if separation came into play. I'd still like to think that we're not soccer.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7518No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7175.jpg
get leigh outta wigan:7175.jpg

I was in the North stood next to a family from Fax, we chatted frequently about the game, applauded good tries from both teams and had a laugh together at half time.

I saw a young lad from fax go to the stewards, and then the steward went up into the stand behind us, couldn't really see who he went to, nor did I hear or see anything, but obviously something had gone on.

I'm all for home fans only in the north but only because I think it improves the atmosphere, when away fans are grouped together, even home fans don't want their afternoon spoiled by idiots, I hope whoever saw what went on report it and the club/lsv take the action of banning them, we don't need them.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8642No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif

I absolutely detest anyone who disagrees with me and refuse to talk to them. Away fans as far away as possible in my view.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25757
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Feb 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2032_1340307831.gif
Please do not send me any PM's I dont check this board often enough to be able to answer them, use my e mail add please fjparkinson@virginmedia.com All posts on this message board by me are mine I am NOT a representative in any way shape or form of ANY Rugby League club.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2032.gif

thats Frank in the East stand by himself then icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman13026
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/4864-863FALH-msnicons.jpg
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?:icons077e_files/4864-863FALH-msnicons.jpg

Quote: FredParky "thats Frank in the East stand by himself then You`ll fall out with him Fred.........

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

This my take on the events of yesterday and thoughts on segregation

Just a guess as I said , I was stood behind the sticks so canot be 100 % , Usually harmless , although still stuck in the 80 ,s to a degree

Racism isn't something we have had to any great degree no matter what VM says , hopefully just a one off due to the bank holiday

As for fans not being segregated , I'm ok with it although I would prefer them to be grouped together as they tend to support their clubs better , and that makes for a better atmosphere , the problem comes from 2 things though

1 When the whistle goes as far as I am concerned all hostilities end , just as it does on the pitch , some unfortunatley cannot switch off [ this applies to some fans of all clubs ]

2 There are 2 types of vocal support , positive , ie trying to inspire your team , [Come on Leythers/Fax /Rovers , we love you leythers /Fax /Rovers ], and negative , where you are insulting the opposition support , [ Sheep sh******, wan** Lancashire ]

When you get large numbers of both fans in one stand the negative stuff can inflame the atmosphere , especially if the match is a little tasty as well , separate the fans by 100 yards of grass and you have less chance of people getting upset by the negative stuff

Either way there is no place for racism , and hopefully the point will be made , but once again there are difficulties in playing in a stadium you dont own/run , at HP the club were in charge of the stewarding and could be a bit more shall we say flexible/forceful in dealing with this type of stuff , as you yourselves know , getting a council to do any sort of difficult job is pretty much impossible

I do hope those that have said they will never return to the LSV think again , it would be a shame if these few people were to spoil your enjoyment of sport you follow and your team who really do deserve all the support [ and more ] they get for playing some excellent RL

Hopefully see you all again at some time during the season

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Very well put Mr Starbug.

Just want to add that terracing in stadiums do tend to add to the atmosphere in a positive way, but the negative side is people are less inhibitive than when in a seated area, and sometimes fueled by a bit of drink.
Starts off harmless and then......

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?:icons077e_files/4864-863FALH-msnicons.jpg

Don`t know whether being in a seated position is a condition of less inhibitive actions...........Folks in cars seem to disprove that theory...

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bartholemew Smythe "Don`t know whether being in a seated position is a condition of less inhibitive actions...........Folks in cars seem to disprove that theory...'"

True - but the idiots in the cars are usually on their own. Question - I saw a bloke who had got out of his car at the lights in Atherton to tell the driver in front of him that "He was a effing @rsehole" - which one is the @rsehole there really ? icon_lol.gif Made me laugh at the time anyway.
The point is (normal people anyway) people are more self conscious when sat down, than when stood up.

RankPostsTeam
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "True - but the idiots in the cars are usually on their own.
'"

Not necessarily so( was n`t that a line from a communards song )
Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh " Question - I saw a bloke who had got out of his car at the lights in Atherton to tell the driver in front of him that "He was a effing @rsehole" - which one is the @rsehole there really ? icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1392.gif
Mines a pint... 'Hi-Ho Silver Lining' Headingley 05th October 2014.:1392.gif

Quote: wbk666 "but they HAVEN'T got that bad. from the other end of the pitch i could see a great mix of blue n white and red n white each taking their turn to cheer their team as they scored.
fax and leigh fans stood shoulder to shoulder
Don't get me wrong, I like the vast majority didn't witness anything wrong on sunday (with the exception of the result).
The fact someone in the ground experienced a problem says we(fans/club/stadium managment) act on it.

The obvious is a ban, the next obvious is to reduce the risk.

Unfortunatly in 2010 a lot of UK people cannot keep a check on there emotions for very long, throw in the mixture of alchohol and I can honestly say despite it being honurable and something thats gone on in History is it really worth the risks these days , especially when one of the advantages give us a much more balanced atmosphere enhancing the matchday experience not detracting from it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

if you find yourself in with the opposition fans in football, and you shout for your team you will most probably get turfed out even tho you have paid top dollar to get in. Do we really want to get like that?
How do you stop away fans mixing anyway - membership cards like football? Does the tribal element come into it when the scummy 3 becomes more, and wearing your colours suddenly becomes I better not today while X team is in town.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4240No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24148_1315916334.jpg
[quote="OFFTHECUFF":1xb0p6sn] Wish i could watch a team like Leigh. :CLAP: [/quote:1xb0p6sn] [quote="Steve":1xb0p6sn] Dislike Leigh with a passion, but they are a million miles ahead of any other club in this league, a sad fact. [/quote:1xb0p6sn]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_24148.jpg

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "if you find yourself in with the opposition fans in football, and you shout for your team you will most probably get turfed out even tho you have paid top dollar to get in. Do we really want to get like that?
How do you stop away fans mixing anyway - membership cards like football? Does the tribal element come into it when the scummy 3 becomes more, and wearing your colours suddenly becomes I better not today while X team is in town.'"

Brilliant point, my brother is a bolton fan and when he goes to away games he has to wear a big jacket even when it is hot to cover up his bolton shirt until he's in the actual ground. He's learned from past experience that just wearing his shirt outside some grounds is enough to start trouble from other fans.

The friendly banter between fans is one of the greatest things about our sport and we need to do everything we can to stop these sorts of problems from creeping into RL!

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman33727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1034_1335734906.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1034.jpg

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "if you find yourself in with the opposition fans in football, and you shout for your team you will most probably get turfed out even tho you have paid top dollar to get in. Do we really want to get like that?
How do you stop away fans mixing anyway - membership cards like football? Does the tribal element come into it when the scummy 3 becomes more, and wearing your colours suddenly becomes I better not today while X team is in town.'"

It doesn't have to be '200 stewards stood between you' segregation, but 'advised segregation' where there is a recognised spot for away fans - we already have this at Widnes where the majority go behind the sticks but plenty go along the side, while there is effectively self-segregation at the grounds where you can switch ends.

61 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
61 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 27
Broadacres
4m
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
6m