FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Leigh Leopards > Crunch Time!!!!!
68 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8642No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif

Quote: Starbug "Not a ' dig ' here but as I've posted elsewhere , Of this £ 1,000 or thereabouts , how much of it has actually gone into the bank account at Leigh Centurions ?

70 K spent this weekend but not a single penny to Leigh

Championship Fans will contribute over one and a half a million pounds to Ryanair/BMI baby , Toulouse Olympic RL club and the bars and hotels of Toulouse for the next 3 seasons

Toulouse Olympic and their fans will contribute how much to the other Championship clubs and our towns over the next 3 seasons ?

One last thing as well , in France and Spain the local councils tend to be the biggest contributors to their local sports teams finances

The Toulouse local government pour several million pounds per season into the local RU team , if they do get the nod for SL they will no doubt support Olympic in there financially as well

Can you seriously see W1g4n Council tipping up 500 K a season to help us get into and stay in SL ?'"
The way things are at present I agree the fans of Toulouse will not be seen in any numbers ever at any RL ground in the UK.

I am still not sure franchising will be around for the length of this experiment. I won,t go into the arguments for or against but I fear quite a few Nonrelegation league clubs will suffer significant drops in their home attendances as the season goes on.

One final thing. Never say never. I never thought I,d be watching Leigh RLFC win a challenge cup final at Wembley and before AJM arrived I doubt any Leigh supporter did.

The never say never only aplies to English fans of course.The basically Australian sides in France and Wales are hardly likely to take fans to away games in the M62 corridor.

Course it all depends on what Sky want at the end of the day but it might kill the game in the medium term.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach148No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43488_1341778801.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43488.gif

Quote: frankb "The way things are at present I agree the fans of Toulouse will not be seen in any numbers ever at any RL ground in the UK.

I am still not sure franchising will be around for the length of this experiment. I won,t go into the arguments for or against but I fear quite a few Nonrelegation league clubs will suffer significant drops in their home attendances as the season goes on.

One final thing. Never say never. I never thought I,d be watching Leigh RLFC win a challenge cup final at Wembley and before AJM arrived I doubt any Leigh supporter did.

The never say never only aplies to English fans of course.The basically Australian sides in France and Wales are hardly likely to take fans to away games in the M62 corridor.

Course it all depends on what Sky want at the end of the day but it might kill the game in the medium term.'"

True, but realistically how many fans do Batley, Gateshead, Doncaster and Sheffield bring these days?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

YOU CAN LEARN FROM THE PAST BUT NOT RELIVE IT.YOU CAN HOPE FOR THE FUTURE BUT CAN NEVER BE SURE THERE WILL BE ONE.:

Quote: frankb "The way things are at present I agree the fans of Toulouse will not be seen in any numbers ever at any RL ground in the UK.

Course it all depends on what Sky want at the end of the day but it might kill the game in the medium term.'"

No the French and the Welsh are never going to put back in what they take off their M62 counterparts and just think how the average numbers are going to look in Sooper Dooper League this year.They have Quins ,Celts,French all fetching no crowds I cannot understand what they get out of it.If I was Bradford for instance where they are already strugling with numbers then have a significent percentage of games where you have no show fans.I think I would have prefered to see some club who fetched a crowd.Lets see if any of them complain at the end of the year.I know once I realised we would not manage promotion this time I was glad the Celts got promoted ,let the Soooper Doopers subsidise them I`m quite happy to see Widnes`coaches of supporters turn up to my ground than the 6 carloads of Celts.It may be a selfish way to look at it as they say expansion is the way forward but I have yet to see what benifit NL1 and under get out of this expansion dream there is certainly no extra money from the RFL so unless I see otherwise I will not be buying into it thank you.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7339No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Second home the gym:

Quote: johnny freeman fan club "No the French and the Welsh are never going to put back in what they take off their M62 counterparts and just think how the average numbers are going to look in Sooper Dooper League this year.They have Quins ,Celts,French all fetching no crowds I cannot understand what they get out of it.If I was Bradford for instance where they are already strugling with numbers then have a significent percentage of games where you have no show fans.I think I would have prefered to see some club who fetched a crowd.Lets see if any of them complain at the end of the year.I know once I realised we would not manage promotion this time I was glad the Celts got promoted ,let the Soooper Doopers subsidise them I`m quite happy to see Widnes`coaches of supporters turn up to my ground than the 6 carloads of Celts.It may be a selfish way to look at it as they say expansion is the way forward but I have yet to see what benifit NL1 and under get out of this expansion dream there is certainly no extra money from the RFL so unless I see otherwise I will not be buying into it thank you.'"
Cracking post that matey.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8795No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2021Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

its already happening, look at bradford

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29511.gif
On a crusade to return Leigh Centurions to their traditional colours of Cherry & White.:29511.gif

Quote: mr. chairman "you might get in super league , got told changes in coaching will be in place soon

kelly out

rowly head coach

simon knox assistant

neil jukes reserve team coach'"

Well, that's us struggling to sign any decent players then. I know of two players who we could of signed at the begining of the season who wouldn't sign for us because Rowley was part of the coaching setup. Not a popular guy in RL.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach175No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2011Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: RealCherry&Whites "Well, that's us struggling to sign any decent players then. I know of two players who we could of signed at the begining of the season who wouldn't sign for us because Rowley was part of the coaching setup. Not a popular guy in RL.'"

Yeah completely agree great player might be a good coach but aint a popular guy amongst his peers... nor his his dad,,,,,dont do it Leigh!!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner8633No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Jun 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5374_1389225814.jpeg
[color=#FF4040:a05vbmvj][b:a05vbmvj]God is nothing more than an imaginary friend for grown ups.[/b:a05vbmvj][/color:a05vbmvj]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_5374.jpeg

Quote: mr. chairman "you might get in super league , got told changes in coaching will be in place soon

kelly out

rowly head coach

simon knox assistant

neil jukes reserve team coach'"

So NK has lost the dressing room and Rowley is involved.
Now thats a new one, isn't it? When is someone going to spot the pattern and, boardroom politics aside, get shut?
A great player for us, but it seems that he has always been a problem away from that.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29511.gif
On a crusade to return Leigh Centurions to their traditional colours of Cherry & White.:29511.gif

Quote: Scooter Nik "So NK has lost the dressing room and Rowley is involved.
Now thats a new one, isn't it? When is someone going to spot the pattern and, boardroom politics aside, get shut?
A great player for us, but it seems that he has always been a problem away from that.'"

The problem Arthur has, is if one Rowley goes the other will have to follow. I don't think Arthur likes to rock the boat, which is silly really as it's his money they are playing with. For some reason he can not see that we will never be taken seriously by the RFL with Allan Rowley fronting the business. He has made too many enemies in the game. So has Paul, but Nepotism is allowed to rule at Leigh RLFC.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

YOU CAN LEARN FROM THE PAST BUT NOT RELIVE IT.YOU CAN HOPE FOR THE FUTURE BUT CAN NEVER BE SURE THERE WILL BE ONE.:

Quote: ian c "Cracking post that matey.'"

Thank you and just imagine the scenario when it`s franchise time again if they put Tolouse in as well then it`s another team in with no show crowds .What concerns me then is if the Sooper Dooper boys demand compensation for the crowd drop which they may well do,as every other home game will be a no show crowd will there be even less money for NL1 and below?
What made me laugh when it was mooted at the begining of the season there was talk of puting buses on by the RFL to take fans down to Celts.I don`t know wether they do or not but why wasn`t the sugestion made for it to happen the other way round as well .Why can`t the RFL put buses on to bring them up here so our clubs get something back.
Well I have never been down to Wales to watch my team and I do not intend to go to Tolouse although as I have never been to that part of France I wouldn`t have minded going.Instead I will take in a couple of games elsewhere at non-super league sides like your ground for instance or at Keighly who got shafted big time by the RFL and Bradford at the start of Super League. I will of course be praying my team will be stuffing them.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2794No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Nov 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Well said the more supporters of Hearland clubs support the expansion sides another nail in our coffin is firmly hammered in! I
I appreciate its a good trip etc but long term it huts us icon_cry.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2010Jun 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41908.jpg
:41908.jpg

Quote: thudder "Yeah completely agree great player might be a good coach but aint a popular guy amongst his peers... nor his his dad,,,,,dont do it Leigh!!!'"

I nume yu as der Georgeand Mildred an clam mi 20 deutchmarks

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: johnny freeman fan club "Thank you and just imagine the scenario when it`s franchise time again if they put Tolouse in as well then it`s another team in with no show crowds .What concerns me then is if the Sooper Dooper boys demand compensation for the crowd drop which they may well do,as every other home game will be a no show crowd will there be even less money for NL1 and below?
What made me laugh when it was mooted at the begining of the season there was talk of puting buses on by the RFL to take fans down to Celts.I don`t know wether they do or not but why wasn`t the sugestion made for it to happen the other way round as well .Why can`t the RFL put buses on to bring them up here so our clubs get something back.
Well I have never been down to Wales to watch my team and I do not intend to go to Tolouse although as I have never been to that part of France I wouldn`t have minded going.Instead I will take in a couple of games elsewhere at non-super league sides like your ground for instance or at Keighly who got shafted big time by the RFL and Bradford at the start of Super League. I will of course be praying my team will be stuffing them.'"

TBH matey I had similar view to yourself a few years ago. It was actually visiting these clubs, and our experience in SL2005, and the fallout from it (nearly going under) that convinced me otherwise. You should have gone to Broncos, Celtic, and TO and maybe you would appreciate the bigger world of what clubs are trying to do.
The sport going forward should not be dictated by how many clubs will lose due to not having 5 to 6 derbies. Its upto the home clubs to sort our fan numbers not getting subsidised by others. I'd rather have 3500 Leythers at LSV with a couple of hundred away fans, than say 1500 Leythers and 2000 away fans as an extreme example.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "TBH matey I had similar view to yourself a few years ago. It was actually visiting these clubs, and our experience in SL2005, and the fallout from it (nearly going under) that convinced me otherwise. You should have gone to Broncos, Celtic, and TO and maybe you would appreciate the bigger world of what clubs are trying to do.
The sport going forward should not be dictated by how many clubs will lose due to not having 5 to 6 derbies. Its upto the home clubs to sort our fan numbers not getting subsidised by others. I'd rather have 3500 Leythers at LSV with a couple of hundred away fans, than say 1500 Leythers and 2000 away fans as an extreme example.'"

Well you may have a point as I too would want a couple of more thousand fans of our own so we don`t have to rely on away fans .But these clubs have been given franchise ` and the RFL are encouraging our clubs to go and visit .I did visit London once years ago when we were in Super League you know what ?I did not meet one single Londoner at that match .There must have been some down there but I didn`t find one.Their fan base consisted of Aussie /kiwi bank/bar workers who were in the country for a few months and northern folk who were down their working and our substantial away support. So wheres the crowd of Londoners ? watching football still.I have no doubt at all that the French will do well as Rugby League has been played in that area for a long time but they should have to fight their way up through the leagues like everyone else it gives the teams left behind like Widnes a sense of not being done right by.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1500No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Bring on the clowns - them were the days.:

SL 2005 stopped us going belly up mate. You should have seen 2003/4 losses

68 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
68 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.2109375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
30m
TV Games - Not Hull
bonaire
31m