FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Leigh Leopards > Hock & the rumours.
240 posts in 17 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
RankPostsTeam
International Star2666No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salford Red Devils RLFC. [quote="Gotcha":y7izhg01]Salford won't win Super League in my lifetime. Even saying in jest they would sounds stupid.[/quote:y7izhg01]:

Quote: Tipster Ste "Time will tell, either way whoever the lad signs for give him a chance. He has the talent he just needs a proper coach and one that lasts more than 6 months in a job!!'"

What a load of rubbish. Gareth Hock has had his fair share of excellent coaches, particularly at Wigan. Despite once upon a time having the potential to be one of the English RL greats, he has a terrible habit of pressing the self-destruct button far to often. It’s a huge shame and a massive waste of his once fantastic talent.

Just take a look at his offences;

July 2008 – Banned for five matches for manhandling referee.
July 2009 – Banned for two-years after testing positive for cocaine.
September 2011 – Banned for five matches for gouging and punching Ben Harrison.
May 2013 – Banned for four matches for making deliberate contact with referee.
October 2013 – Thrown out of Englands World Cup squad on the eve of opening games for several breaches of discipline.
July 2014 – Banned for seven matches for deliberately colliding with referee.
February 2015 – Banned for six matches for reckless use of the knees twice.

Since 2008 his playing record is 110 games played and 102 games banned. Ridiculous stat.

Non of the above includes his recent homophobic tweets which will no doubt land him in even more hot water with the RFL and extend his current ban from Easter to beyond.

I could not see why a club like Leigh would take a huge risk by signing him. Your club doesn’t need him, although I would be happy if you did as I cant wait to see him leave Salford.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3941No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Be a top signing for you leythers.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6601No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Miss%20Piggy.gif
LIVING THE DREAM ALL THE WAY TO THE SUPER LEAGUE PLAY-OFFS! ''All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them'':Black Backgrounds/Miss%20Piggy.gif

Quote: John Gilbert Reds "What a load of rubbish. Gareth Hock has had his fair share of excellent coaches, particularly at Wigan. Despite once upon a time having the potential to be one of the English RL greats, he has a terrible habit of pressing the self-destruct button far to often. It’s a huge shame and a massive waste of his once fantastic talent.

Just take a look at his offences;

July 2008 – Banned for five matches for manhandling referee.
July 2009 – Banned for two-years after testing positive for cocaine.
September 2011 – Banned for five matches for gouging and punching Ben Harrison.
May 2013 – Banned for four matches for making deliberate contact with referee.
October 2013 – Thrown out of Englands World Cup squad on the eve of opening games for several breaches of discipline.
July 2014 – Banned for seven matches for deliberately colliding with referee.
February 2015 – Banned for six matches for reckless use of the knees twice.

Since 2008 his playing record is 110 games played and 102 games banned. Ridiculous stat.

Non of the above includes his recent homophobic tweets which will no doubt land him in even more hot water with the RFL and extend his current ban from Easter to beyond.

I could not see why a club like Leigh would take a huge risk by signing him. Your club doesn’t need him, although I would be happy if you did as I cant wait to see him leave Salford.'"

So the majority of his bans come from playing at Salford with coaches that don't last 6 months? One ban at Wigan and a drug charge... Then he left for Widnes... Then took the gold coins from Koucash. No idea whether we sign him or not but if we do I'll bet my life Paul Rowley does a better job on him tha his previous half a dozen coaches!!

RankPostsTeam
International Star386No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I fail to see firstly why we need any more forwards. If we did need one, then the thug that is hock would be the very last player i would sign. I have tweeted similar sentiments also.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2666No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Salford Red Devils RLFC. [quote="Gotcha":y7izhg01]Salford won't win Super League in my lifetime. Even saying in jest they would sounds stupid.[/quote:y7izhg01]:

Quote: Tipster Ste "So the majority of his bans come from playing at Salford with coaches that don't last 6 months? One ban at Wigan and a drug charge... Then he left for Widnes... Then took the gold coins from Koucash. No idea whether we sign him or not but if we do I'll bet my life Paul Rowley does a better job on him tha his previous half a dozen coaches!!'"

No, three separate bans at Wigan (2008, 2009 and 2011), one ban at Widnes (2013) and two at Salford (2014 and 2015). Unfortunately Paul Rowley will not be able to manage what goes on in Gareth Hock’s head, which is the catalyst for all his misdemeanours.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach885No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Leigh seem to be building something special, don't wreck it all.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2660No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32449_1329505624.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32449.gif

He's one of the best second rowers in the country on his day and I think it's a move we'd have to seriously consider if the opportunity was there.

All the talk seems to be about his disruption off the field - I think his problem is more on it than off it. When was the last time he did something 'disruptive' off the field apart from his drug ban, which he seems to have learned from, and the ill-discipline for England in which he was't the only one.

We seem to have the culture at the minute were we can take these types of players in and make them want to play for us, it could be argued his last two clubs have been somewhat disjointed which probably didn't help him. I have my doubts as to whether financially we'd be able to afford him/fit him under the cap as he must be one of the highest paid players at Salford.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3837No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5524-1400vdias-msnicons.jpg
Put a glide in yer stride a dip in your hip and follow me to LEYTH SPORTS VILLAGE and take a Rugby League trip with the Mighty CENTURIONS We train on beans man Human beans"..........:icons42da_files/5524-1400vdias-msnicons.jpg

Like I posted earlier on his day G Hock is one of the best second rowers in the World still ..Leigh Centurions have some of the best back.up staff and best coaching staff in UK RL if they did sign him on a free from Salford he would have to prove that he is good enough both on and off the field he wouldn't just walk into a winning team we have other top class players like Dixon waiting for their chance of making the starting 17 experienced players like Dixon in my opinion would be hard to shift once he gets the chance also we have the outstanding Sarsfield to come back into the team another forward seems something we don't seem to need at the moment esp with the great Tom Spencer on his way back to match fitness .....But the bottom line is if the price is right and we are building for a great few years would it not be a great coup to take a chance on a World Class Forward hoping that our family at the Centurions could help Gareth out with his Demons....

RankPostsTeam
International Star1308
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59517_1304608097.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59517.jpg

I'd imagine Rowley & the coaching staff has better things to do than constantly try to calm a man who goes through last chances like no one's business. While we've certainly done a good job helping some players focus on their rugby if Hock wouldn't calm down for his hometown club at w!g@n and so easily threw away his chance to represent his country with England I really doubt he'd do it after all this time for Leigh.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11580
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Tipster Ste "So the majority of his bans come from playing at Salford with coaches that don't last 6 months? One ban at Wigan and a drug charge... Then he left for Widnes... Then took the gold coins from Koucash. No idea whether we sign him or not but if we do I'll bet my life Paul Rowley does a better job on him tha his previous half a dozen coaches!!'"

You must have a death wish then icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6601No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Miss%20Piggy.gif
LIVING THE DREAM ALL THE WAY TO THE SUPER LEAGUE PLAY-OFFS! ''All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them'':Black Backgrounds/Miss%20Piggy.gif

Amazing how many Leigh fans have short memories... We adore Timmy Street, have a look at Tims off field activities and disciplinary record on it. Did he learn yes he did under the right coach. Gaz Hock will be no different he will learn from the best coach in the country.

If true welcome to Leigh Gareth...

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3837No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5524-1400vdias-msnicons.jpg
Put a glide in yer stride a dip in your hip and follow me to LEYTH SPORTS VILLAGE and take a Rugby League trip with the Mighty CENTURIONS We train on beans man Human beans"..........:icons42da_files/5524-1400vdias-msnicons.jpg

South Sydney proved last night to be the best you have to be bigger ,stronger & faster than than your oppo
with the best coachin team..Centurions proved last year that in the Championship we where the best by far it's getting into a different ball game over the next two years we have to move up a level or two we have some fantastic playing staff and the Best Coaching Team but if a player comes available who can bring something extra to this fantastic squad and we can find the funding it would be madness not to go with it..Derek B & Paul Rowley are no fools they know what's needed and will act accordingly when the time comes to move Leigh Centurions up a notch I honestly believe that over the next five years the Centurions will become one of the country's leading RL Clubs

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7518No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7175.jpg
get leigh outta wigan:7175.jpg

Worth a punt on 'Pay as you play'

RankPostsTeam
International Star323
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Would not touch with the longest barge pole in the world. IMO the poor bloke will NEVER change all of his habits.

RankPostsTeam
International Star557No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Hardware/PDT_40.gif
Leigh Centurions TV by the fans for the fans. Join us now at only £3.50/month or £32/year. All profit goes direct to The Leigh Centurions.:Hardware/PDT_40.gif

The habit I wouldnt want him to change is that of being the best second row forward in this country, Rowls would change him, he could turn a pit bull into a poodle temperament wise icon_wink.gif

240 posts in 17 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
240 posts in 17 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1240234375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
2m
Film game
karetaker
2m