FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Leigh Leopards > Burnley put RFL to shame!
84 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "By making the competition worth watching in itself. The fact we still look down on clubs like Batley and use excuse number 16 not to go.
I know it hurt to lose like we did against Barrow, but it did make a change to see Barrow top of the pile for a few days.

The Prem is not that great. The same 4 are are the top again - and no doubt will be same again.
A 2nd string Utd side beat Hull, which they celebrated like it was a victory and had won a trophy.
Newcastle got relegated to be replaced by Burnley for goodness sake - I know who I'd rather play next season.
Fulham actually achieved something on Sunday by getting into Europe yet their success was virtually ignored in a media frenzy of failures instead.
I hated being relegated - and I should know following City. No team can claim more than us in recent years. It bloody hurts. Its not a "oh well better luck next time". Getting knocked out of FA cup is better luck next time, but getting relegated knocks you back years.
I am still pro P&R but this sport is nowhere near ready for it.'"

I no longer look down on any club , my posts on the match forecasts of ' I'll settle for a bonus point ' are not jokes , Every team in our competition are more than capable of beating any other on any given day , its just a pity more people from the towns where these clubs are situated dont turn up to watch it

That is where the RFL should be concentrating their resources

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "I agree with your top 4 tbh. Maybe that is a change we need now to help the comp.'"

Without a doubt , if something is too easy to get it has little value

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "By making the competition worth watching in itself. The fact we still look down on clubs like Batley and use excuse number 16 not to go.
I know it hurt to lose like we did against Barrow, but it did make a change to see Barrow top of the pile for a few days.

The Prem is not that great. The same 4 are are the top again - and no doubt will be same again.
A 2nd string Utd side beat Hull, which they celebrated like it was a victory and had won a trophy.
Newcastle got relegated to be replaced by Burnley for goodness sake - I know who I'd rather play next season. Fulham actually achieved something on Sunday by getting into Europe yet their success was virtually ignored in a media frenzy of failures instead.
I hated being relegated - and I should know following City. No team can claim more than us in recent years. It bloody hurts. Its not a "oh well better luck next time". Getting knocked out of FA cup is better luck next time, but getting relegated knocks you back years.
I am still pro P&R but this sport is nowhere near ready for it.'"

Why should that have any bearing on the makeup of the top tier of football in this country , maybe you are too young but I remember Burnley being in the top flight of English football , along with Blackpool and Huddersfield

So yes the Geordies will be visiting Shorpe and Doncaster next season , how good will that be for those clubs

But what having Burnley in the premiership will do is give hope to all those other clubs of similar size , that one day their time might just come again

Without that hope you have nothing

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Starbug "Are those benifits set by the RFL , or are they the result of decades of work by many people from our towns

You cannot artificially ' even things up ' , it is impossible , to even try is madness

It takes time , lots of it , there is no easy fix that does not impound upon the existing clubs , but as I said earlier , the RFL have no interest in those clubs

We know we cannot replicate what we have in football , perhaps we shouldn't want to as they have their own problems

The problem is not hard to find , it is money , or the lack of it

The RFL know this and are trying to follow the RU ' model ' of building an International money making structure

Which in itself is fine , but in the meantime they are neglecting the heartland clubs outside SL , their efforts so far to build up the competitions are laughable , they have no idea's other than the ones they are trying in SL

A foreign trip and a poor relation MM weekend in Blackpool

As I have posted on other boards , it is probably now time to look at what benifits the TV deal has produced if any

Unfortunatley the RFL in their quest for ' Positivity at all times ' will say it has been a great success and sign us up again for another 3/4 years on the same deal'"

Why do some (quite a lot) Leigh fans and even our CEO claim Miners and Easts as our doing ?
If a area is playing RL like south Wales and they are doing it the "hard way" like Skolars. Do you seriously think they will get anywhere ? The salary cap for starters is against them. They don't have SL player castoffs and top Amateur clubs on their doorstep etc etc. They will never gain any interest down there - again its obvious so I assume you know this. So yes you do have to even things out if they have the money and ambition to progress then don't hinder them.
The trip to Europe and MM type event in Blackpool makes a change than the normal season we are used to. So credit IMO should be given here.
Also simple Yes/No question - Is it better to have 2 top teams in areas covering say x + y number of people, than 2 top teams covering just x number of people ? As a developing sport this has to be a aim.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Starbug "Why should that have any bearing on the makeup of the top tier of football in this country , maybe you are too young but I remember Burnley being in the top flight of English football , along with Blackpool and Huddersfield

So yes the Geordies will be visiting Shorpe and Doncaster next season , how good will that be for those clubs

But what having Burnley in the premiership will do is give hope to all those other clubs of similar size , that one day their time might just come again

Without that hope you have nothing'"

See bottom of my post. I have always been Pro P&R in a proper leagues comp.

But P&R has its flaws. If you don't see that then fair enough. Newcastle staying up would have been a complete overhaul and they would most likely be chasing top 10 at least - with financial clout they have.
Burnley on the other hand will struggle big time. Thats the point I am making. A massive club goes down and a West Brom/Boro type club replaces them.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "Why do some (quite a lot) Leigh fans and even our CEO claim Miners and Easts as our doing ?
If a area is playing RL like south Wales and they are doing it the "hard way" like Skolars. Do you seriously think they will get anywhere ? The salary cap for starters is against them. They don't have SL player castoffs and top Amateur clubs on their doorstep etc etc. They will never gain any interest down there - again its obvious so I assume you know this. So yes you do have to even things out if they have the money and ambition to progress then don't hinder them.
The trip to Europe and MM type event in Blackpool makes a change than the normal season we are used to. So credit IMO should be given here.
Also simple Yes/No question - Is it better to have 2 top teams in areas covering say x + y number of people, than 2 top teams covering just x number of people ? As a developing sport this has to be a aim.'"

I was not claiming the hard work done at East's or Miners as anything other than what it is , the people of this town wanting to play the sport and see the youngsters of the town also play the sport

As long as you attempt to ' Even things out ' it will never work , as I said previously it is impossible , at what stage is even ? , more money ? How much ? , more overseas players ? , how many ? , having one team excempt from relegation ?

It is like having one team playing with more players than another from the start , it cannot work

I would have no ,problem if the RFL want to tip millions into junior development in new area's , fine , as long as they declare what they are doing and the long term benifits it will bring

As an answer to your question , X and Y

Answer me this , is it better to have a league full of clubs that can support themselves than a bigger league full of clubs on the verge of banckruptcy ?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "See bottom of my post. I have always been Pro P&R in a proper leagues comp.

But P&R has its flaws. If you don't see that then fair enough. Newcastle staying up would have been a complete overhaul and they would most likely be chasing top 10 at least - with financial clout they have.
Burnley on the other hand will struggle big time. Thats the point I am making. A massive club goes down and a West Brom/Boro type club replaces them.'"

Will their fans care , you seem to be forgetting we are proffessional sport , now if all you want is a glorified computer game watched on TV then fine , but we are a sport , a proffessional sport built on the emotions of the people that attend the matches

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1392.gif
Mines a pint... 'Hi-Ho Silver Lining' Headingley 05th October 2014.:1392.gif

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "I am still puzzled tho how comparison to football keeps being made for keeping P&R, but the comparison in lack of interest is not mentioned in play off games etc.'"

Perhaps its because the RFL and the loons running it decided to call it "The Championship" icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Starbug "I was not claiming the hard work done at East's or Miners as anything other than what it is , the people of this town wanting to play the sport and see the youngsters of the town also play the sport

As long as you attempt to ' Even things out ' it will never work , as I said previously it is impossible , at what stage is even ? , more money ? How much ? , more overseas players ? , how many ? , having one team excempt from relegation ?

It is like having one team playing with more players than another from the start , it cannot work

I would have no ,problem if the RFL want to tip millions into junior development in new area's , fine , as long as they declare what they are doing and the long term benifits it will bring

As an answer to your question , X and Y

Answer me this , is it better to have a league full of clubs that can support themselves than a bigger league full of clubs on the verge of banckruptcy ?'"

You don't have any clubs put in SL on the verge of being bankrupt.

OK Celtic are not allowed Aussies, and have to abide by Salary cap. I have asked this question a long time ago and nobody could answer it then either.
How can a chairman with loads of money get his club in SL as quickly as possible? He doesn't want to hang around, because he has the clout. Football chairmen can spend and buy success etc.
He wants to create interest in the area, and has big plans. If its not fair to even things out, how do RFL help them to compete against rules that are against this new club?.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman33727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1034_1335734906.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1034.jpg

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "You don't have any clubs put in SL on the verge of being bankrupt.

OK Celtic are not allowed Aussies, and have to abide by Salary cap. I have asked this question a long time ago and nobody could answer it then either.
How can a chairman with loads of money get his club in SL as quickly as possible? He doesn't want to hang around, because he has the clout. Football chairmen can spend and buy success etc.
He wants to create interest in the area, and has big plans. If its not fair to even things out, how do RFL help them to compete against rules that are against this new club?.'"

But that's exactly the short-term planning that will cause them big problems should Mr Samuel ride off in to the sunset, as they simply didn't have enough time away from the pressures of Super League to build up their both their playing base and supporter base. In my mind, the only time they'd have been truly ready for promotion would be when they could compete on a level pegging with the Championship clubs, as otherwise it's nothing more than an artificial rise.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Starbug "Will their fans care , you seem to be forgetting we are proffessional sport , now if all you want is a glorified computer game watched on TV then fine , but we are a sport , a proffessional sport built on the emotions of the people that attend the matches'"

Its a professional sport alright. But in owden days a team could be relegated, then promoted, then champions in 3 seasons. It was possible. Because of money involved now its all different and sets clubs back years.
City would be relegated and in serious finacial trouble had it not been for us winning the biggest lottery in the world.
Being a Man U fan you would never understand what the feeling is like being 2-0 down in Div 2 playoff with a couple of mins to go. Believe you me, as a loyal fan it was heartbreaking knowing another season playing against clubs that in reality we shouldn't be.
But its sport as you say and you accept it in a proper tiered league system in football.
But P&R in football is flawed.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1392.gif

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "We was the best team in 2006 on paper IMO. We had some dodgy results and performances, therefor adding to the games uncertainty against Batley. It was a massive game, and had the fans turned up and got behind the team like the couple of hundred Batley fans did then we would have won easy.
We had won a cup on live tele in a great game which we all remember. Week after we would have a big crowd on against our recent great rival Haven - nope they didn't turn up.

'"

In 2006 we had a strong team on paper - on field a half decent coach would be able to get his team to rip us apart, Thornton showed it icon_cry.gif
The win v Hull KR was a massive "shock result" no doubting that, did we play them off the part or did they think all they had to do was turn up & win icon_confused.gif:

Never been a fan of the palyoffs, belittles the week in week out league competition.
Leigh will largely make the championship playoffs as the championship will never have that many strong teams - just like SL will never be a strong competition in terms of playing strength.

The RFL made the disgusting decision scrap P & R (and ambition and to award failure.....), time will tell if it works, so far IMO its gain 10 fans in Bridgend, lose 10 fans in Whitehaven - its not expanding the game like you or I really want to see, its shipping figures around with towns and areas losing interest in RL whilst others gain it, true expansion is building up your league/ fanbase across the area's of the sport.

Whatever you may or may not think the Franchise system on field is currently not doing very well with 3 of the franchise clubs all sitting in a very lowly league position despite having had more of a head start than all promoted clubs.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Leyther_Matt "But that's exactly the short-term planning that will cause them big problems should Mr Samuel ride off in to the sunset, as they simply didn't have enough time away from the pressures of Super League to build up their both their playing base and supporter base. In my mind, the only time they'd have been truly ready for promotion would be when they could compete on a level pegging with the Championship clubs, as otherwise it's nothing more than an artificial rise.'"

They can't compete tho. Its impossible for them to, or would take decades. The very rules Leigh have to abide by are there for reasons that don't apply to a new club not in the heartlands.
In ideal world what you say should go, but if you was running the game would you have done this any different in same situation ?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "You don't have any clubs put in SL on the verge of being bankrupt.

He wants to create interest in the area, and has big plans. If its not fair to even things out, how do RFL help them to compete against rules that are against this new club?.'"

Ask the same question of Mr Thomas at Leigh , how does he guarantee he gets Leigh into SL as quickly as possible , ie 2012 ?

I win the Euro Lottery next week , 50 Million , Can I guarantee that my money buys a SL spot in 2012 ?

I cannot , why ? because of the location of my club

Mr Samuels on the other hand asks the RFL what he needed to do to guarantee a SL place in 2009 , they told him exactly what he had to achieve , and they gave him the tools to achieve it

Not a problem with that

If they had stated that from the start

If we had had Mr Lewis make a statement back in 2006 " We intend to expand the SL competition into Wales , Mr Samuels has committed to finance this expansion and the Celtic Crusaders will take a 3 year Licence to play in SL in 2009 "

" We understand that some clubs will be unhappy with this but we feel that for the long term benefit of the sport we cannot miss this opportunity "

" The franchise system will cause upset to many fans and officials of clubs excluded , but we will make it our priority to help these clubs prosper in the competitions they are in and to genuinley make a success of these competitions "

I'd have lived with that , and personally I think so would many others

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1392.gif

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "See bottom of my post. I have always been Pro P&R in a proper leagues comp.

Burnley on the other hand will struggle big time. Thats the point I am making. A massive club goes down and a West Brom/Boro type club replaces them.'"

And how long do you stifle ambition of progressive clubs s whilst awaiting/hoping Newcastle to get upto speed or realise there potential ?

A drop down will bring them a chance to regroup, win a few games, build relationships up with lost/disgruntled fans and come back stronger - if unable,Tough.

The interest in Hull this season has been more than the interest in many other established clubs, I don't think its all bad , Wigan Athletic proved what can be done as did Fulham, if the door had been kept shut on Fulham to allow a sliding Leeds Utd to stay in we might not be looking forward to seeing a different British team in Europe next season.

84 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
84 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.6025390625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Cuddleclub
23m
Rumours and signings v9
CobraCraig
45m
Barrow
Start@1873
48m
Film game
Boss Hog
50m
bulls on Sunday
faxcar
53m
Off Contract 2025
ArthurClues
Recent
Round 27 HKR Away
Seth
Recent
Rumours thread
jonh
Recent
TV games not Wire
Big lads mat
Recent
Planning for next season
Jack Gaskell
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
Or thane
22s
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
RockNRolla
25s
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Sir Gregory
29s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
35s
Salford H Moved to Thursday
MadDogg
39s
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
NickyKiss
40s
Planning for next season
Jack Gaskell
42s
York City Knights home
Dr Dreadnoug
51s
New Players
BigTime
1m
Shopping list for 2025
ComeOnYouUll
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trophy By Thrashing Salford
RLFANS News
TODAY
Barrow
Start@1873
TODAY
Holly Spurr Interview
JamieRobinso
TODAY
Wolves again
BigTime
TODAY
Academy Players Promoted to First Team Squad
Simba16
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Saints
Deeeekos
TODAY
Round 27 HKR Away
Seth
TODAY
Squad for London
karetaker
TODAY
Hull FC preview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Halifax A
Wigan Bull
TODAY
East stand
PopTart
TODAY
Locations of League
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Matt Parcell to leave at seasons end
Huddersfield
TODAY
Huddersfiels to get new stadium
RobRiches
TODAY
IMG
Crosswire
TODAY
Leaving players
Murphy
TODAY
bulls on Sunday
faxcar
TODAY
Concerts at Stadiums
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
Finn out Murrell in
faxcar
TODAY
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
TODAY
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Bullseye
TODAY
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
TODAY
James Clark
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Le Cats at home - Los Alomos Custers Last Stand
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Realistic targets for 2025
the cal trai
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Week 27
ducknumber1
TODAY
Club Statement
UllFC
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,648 80,12114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R27
 FT 
Huddersfield
34-10
Castleford
 FT 
Wigan
64-0
Salford
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Cronulla
v
NQL Cowboys
       Championship 2024-R27
19:30
Sheffield
v
York
20:00
Hull KR
v
Leeds
Leigh
v
St.Helens
Warrington
v
LondonB
 Sat 21st Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R29
10:50
Sydney
v
Manly
15:00
Hull FC
v
Catalans
       Championship 2024-R27
18:00
Featherstone
v
Dewsbury
18:00
Widnes
v
Toulouse
19:30
Wakefield
v
Barrow
 Sun 22nd Sep
       Championship 2024-R27
Batley
v
Swinton
Halifax
v
Bradford
Swinton
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R24
Hunslet
v
Midlands
Keighley
v
Rochdale
 Sat 28th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
17:00
Toulouse
v
Batley
 Sun 29th Sep
       Championship 2024-R28
Barrow
v
Widnes
Bradford
v
Swinton
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Thu 19th Sep
SL
Huddersfield34-10Castleford
SL
Wigan64-0Salford
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
Sat 21st Sep
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Thu 19th Sep
SL
LIVE
Huddersfield34-10Castleford
SL
LIVE
Wigan64-0Salford
Sun 15th Sep
WSL2024 14 FeatherstoneW6-32York V
WSL2024 14 Hudds W36-0Wire W
CH 26 Barrow34-14Whitehaven
CH 26 Bradford16-14Batley
CH 26 Dewsbury16-28Swinton
CH 26 Doncaster30-14Widnes
CH 26 Featherstone6-20Sheffield
CH 26 Wakefield20-4York
NRL 28 Canterbury22-24Manly
L1 23 Midlands24-22Workington
L1 23 Rochdale30-18Hunslet
Sat 14th Sep
SL 26 Hull FC4-58Salford
SL 26 Catalans12-8LondonB
SL 26 Huddersfield0-66Warrington
CH 26 Toulouse38-18Halifax
NRL 28 Melbourne37-10Cronulla
NRL 28 NQL Cowboys28-16Newcastle
Fri 13th Sep
SL 26 Leigh0-24Hull KR
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Hull KR 26 693 311 382 40
Warrington 26 684 319 365 38
Salford 27 550 547 3 32
St.Helens 26 584 370 214 30
Leigh 26 548 386 162 29

Leeds 26 514 462 52 28
Catalans 26 451 423 28 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
LondonB 26 317 862 -545 6
Hull FC 26 324 870 -546 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 24 892 256 636 46
Bradford 24 618 373 245 32
Toulouse 23 662 340 322 31
Sheffield 24 594 472 122 28
Widnes 24 513 433 80 27
York 25 613 439 174 26

Featherstone 24 566 472 94 26
Doncaster 24 470 527 -57 23
Batley 24 378 513 -135 20
Halifax 24 475 617 -142 20