JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Starbug "Better to have 5 people working 8 hours a week but with a budget and proper direction than one person who would probably spend 20 hours a week on the tinternet
There you go, negative. If you employ right person that is motivated, and who knows that persons contribution could enable 1 of those 5 PT workers you mention to help too. icon_wink.gif
The only thing you have not mentioned is that the person is employed by RFL and would be spying on the clubs activities to bring us down once and for all icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman33727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1034_1335734906.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1034.jpg

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "Most clubs use email. If you have the persons consent to begin with, then there is no problem with trust and why wouldn't people want to know about the towns RL club and "special offers" ?
Anyone can set up a internet shop nowadays. Its not a 5 mins job of course, and it can cost you loads or little depending on how you do it. The most important bit is the encripted secure payment method you use for debit/credit cards. Widnes Vikings for example I suspect didn't cost that much to do but it worked very well when I used it (for our game of course I doubt many people would be confident in sending their credit card details via e-mail (I know this as a fact from my own experiences as my Nigerian alter ego).

Don't forget that any online ticketing would have to be in conjunction with the LSV, so you can guarantee that's an E-Bay Shop out of the window.

The system that Widnes have got is actually similar to City's and various others - believe me, it doesn't come cheap.

Judging by the turnstiles on Sunday, the LSV aren't ar$ed about checking whether everyone's season tickets are valid, so I certainly doubt they'd want to get fancy in terms of match tickets.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Leyther_Matt "I doubt many people would be confident in sending their credit card details via e-mail (I know this as a fact from my own experiences as my Nigerian alter ego).

Don't forget that any online ticketing would have to be in conjunction with the LSV, so you can guarantee that's an E-Bay Shop out of the window.

The system that Widnes have got is actually similar to City's and various others - believe me, it doesn't come cheap.'"

Sorry matt, I wasn't referring to sending credit card details over email. Nobody should ever do that, no matter how convincing the email may seem. Even following links from emails that request your login details or credit card details you should stay clear of.
The Widnes set up was Paypal if I remember correctly. Its not expensive because I looked into it for LISA a while back.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Anyway, in summary of course someone dedicated to bringing money into the club would be a good thing. icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1034_1335734906.jpg

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "Sorry matt, I wasn't referring to sending credit card details over email. Nobody should ever do that, no matter how convincing the email may seem. Even following links from emails that request your login details or credit card details you should stay clear of.
The Widnes set up was Paypal if I remember correctly. Its not expensive because I looked into it for LISA a while back.'"

Still has to have a live link to a ticketing system, server etc. Fair play to Widnes in cutting the costs in some respects by using PayPal, but that's only a fraction of the costs involved.

Think the fact is that a) we have to get used to the fact that we can't cut corners financially as appeared to be the case at HP b) no amount of marketing is going to make people watch a side getting thumped every week, and more so charge them £14-16 for the privelige and c) we need to concentrate on retaining existing fans before even thinking about attracting new ones.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6047No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2205.gif
------------------------------------- NOW PLAYING: SPECIAL D - Come With Me -------------------------------------:2205.gif

Quote: imleythbenter "As there was no job description in full published with the advert I presume 24.7 applied and got a full one? 'cause the bit about old fans etc certainly wasn't in the advert I saw.
OK clever dick icon_rolleyes.gif I posted what I thought I remembered (therefore confirming that I did not apply and get a full job description). Just thought it mentioned summat about getting fans to come, old & new. Sorry if I am wrong. Anyway, if you know what wasn't in the advert maybe you can post what WAS in the ad. just to remind us all. icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "Anyway, in summary of course someone dedicated to bringing money into the club would be a good thing.
We already have somebody doing that , paid for by the club

The LSV have 2 people trying to bring advertisers,office tennants and sell a myriad other things

Not getting very far though

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "There you go, negative. If you employ right person that is motivated, and who knows that persons contribution could enable 1 of those 5 PT workers you mention to help too.
No the RFL give the money to the club , the club pay the relevant person , but the RFL want to see the results of their activities , which have to be over and above any existing activities the club already achieves and is directly aimed at ' business ' rather than ' personal '

They are clueless , but it sounds good in the press

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Starbug "We already have somebody doing that , paid for by the club

The LSV have 2 people trying to bring advertisers,office tennants and sell a myriad other things

Not getting very far though'"

And? Surely then, that person could assist, or be directed to do something else. Are we understaffed or do we have enough paid people already ?.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3495No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2014Dec 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Starbug "We already have somebody doing that , paid for by the club

Not getting very far though'"

At £350 for a dozen blokes on a wet Monday morning in a box with a couple of butties and a brew thrown it, I'm not suprised.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7523No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Leyther_Matt "Still has to have a live link to a ticketing system, server etc. Fair play to Widnes in cutting the costs in some respects by using PayPal, but that's only a fraction of the costs involved.

Think the fact is that a) we have to get used to the fact that we can't cut corners financially as appeared to be the case at HP b) no amount of marketing is going to make people watch a side getting thumped every week, and more so charge them £14-16 for the privelige and c) we need to concentrate on retaining existing fans before even thinking about attracting new ones.'"

Initially you don't really need that because we fall way short of selling out 2 stands never mind the stadium. You can sit where you want, and of course stand where you want in the 2 stands. So all you do is allocate a set number to internet sales.
What takes up costs nowadays for most people is software. You can get software free, which is just as good as the ones that cost £100's or even £1000's. Indeed its a pity our tax money is going down a bottomless pit with schools, colleges and local authorites prefering to make Billy Gates & co even richer rather than looking for free and better alternatives - but thats for another discussion icon_smile.gif

Anyway lets pretend we can sort internet ticketing out - like other progressive clubs seem to be able to do. Do you agree a Marketing or whatever the title may be will benefit ? The only question mark is how much, and will we get value which only time will tell.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1034_1335734906.jpg

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "Initially you don't really need that because we fall way short of selling out 2 stands never mind the stadium. You can sit where you want, and of course stand where you want in the 2 stands. So all you do is allocate a set number to internet sales.
What takes up costs nowadays for most people is software. You can get software free, which is just as good as the ones that cost £100's or even £1000's. Indeed its a pity our tax money is going down a bottomless pit with schools, colleges and local authorites prefering to make Billy Gates & co even richer rather than looking for free and better alternatives - but thats for another discussion Without it being linked to the ticketing system, all kinds of bugs come in to play, not to mention the H&S aspect. Without being linked to the actual software in the Ticket Office, it's a non-starter (and as the LSV don't appear to be ar$ed about checking people's season tickets, I can't see it being likely).

As for marketing - well, it all depends on what the aims of the position are, rather than their title. And as the RFL like to remind clubs, the money is in the corporate side of things.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "And? Surely then, that person could assist, or be directed to do something else. Are we understaffed or do we have enough paid people already ?.'"

As I posted earlier

Quote: Leeeigh Leeeigh "No the RFL give the money to the club , the club pay the relevant person , but the RFL want to see the results of their activities , which have to be over and above any existing activities the club already achieves and is directly aimed at ' business ' rather than ' personal ' '"

I an not trying to be clever or be my usual critic of all things RFL but this is what they stipulate to all clubs not just ours

I have spoken to others about it icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman13026
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/4864-863FALH-msnicons.jpg
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?:icons077e_files/4864-863FALH-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Leyther_Matt "and as the LSV don't appear to be ar$ed about checking people's season tickets, I can't see it being likely'"

It does make me chuckle being directed to the ST card only entrance in the North Stand.... Just to be instructed to go through the turnstyles after showing my ST card........I might show another card in another 30+ days and see what the outcome is .... icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1034_1335734906.jpg

Quote: Bartholemew Smythe "It does make me chuckle being directed to the ST card only entrance in the North Stand.... Just to be instructed to go through the turnstyles after showing my ST card........I might show another card in another 30+ days and see what the outcome is .... Good job us Leythers are all honest folks and don't skim them over the fence for somebody else to use again.

56 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
56 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.02587890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
morleys_deck
3m
Sam Burgess
morleys_deck
3m