JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28343_1268949591.gif
" Time is but a flowing stream". Pedro. Higherfold Cockey Pond. 1973. You can shout for silence, but boots worn all day will always hum.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28343.gif

Quote: waterfield's finest "Poor standard of rugby.

Watson's positional kicking was great, but his tackling awful - he was targeted. Morrison, 3 bad mistakes in first ten minutes then scores a try after terrible Fev defence .Nanyn, our only attacking threat.

After two weeks off we can only play one-up rugby for first 60 mins - why? Thought Rowley was going to get us playing adventurous? Unfortunately, our ball skill levels are low - lower than I've seen for a long time.

At 24-24 we have five tackles to drive into the posts for a drop and then throw a stupid pass. Schoolboy error or what.

We wanted it more, but lack of brains, skill and firepower cost us a game that we could have nicked.'"

Fair Comment.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman13026
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/4864-863FALH-msnicons.jpg
How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?:icons077e_files/4864-863FALH-msnicons.jpg

Quote: MC "i'd rather just concentrate on how we played - that's what bothers me and that is what will affect our final league position.

'"

IMO you can`t highlight two occasions in which you named it as "shameless" by ourselves to concede penalties but then dismiss Fevs antics as being irrelevant.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach175No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2011Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

fev were poor and should have been beaten end of..
Watson cant tackle and is a target all the time ...BUT there are plenty alongside him sticking your arm out doesnt constitute an attempted tackle!!!!! it looks and is awful...at 24 all we allow a player to release the ball while there are 3 players round him!!! put him on the floor for gods sake!!!Ian Mort a great great tryer but fullback am sorry but no his posistioning is absolutley shocking and thats week in week out..we have the best full back in the league bar none and insist on playing him everywhere bar that posistion!!!
And lastly.....we cant keep carrying hobson 20 mins max he played today after 10 mins at batley and so on and so on we were down a change today because of alstead and couldnt afford to carry anyone..

One last note was trying to get a devout footy fan to watch tonight his comment when seeing hobson "jesus you have to be fit to play this game" i rest my case....

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1534No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5301.gif
Proud to be NL1:5301.gif

Quote: Honest Joe "Mick Nanyn, a player we were laughing at and calling past it 3 years ago. Sums up our team and our ambition that now he looks like our best player'"

his defence cost you 2 tries watch the replays

same old mick great at the barge over but shocking at times in defence

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman33727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1034_1335734906.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1034.jpg

Quote: Alexs Dad "My glass is half full. A 6 and Donlan playing where he needs to be playing, with Nanyn in the centres and we will finish in the top 5.

We were never going to beat their pack with ours but thought we held our own.

Collectively I didnt think we were too bad. Individual errors and at least 2 50/50 decisions going against us at key times cost us that tonight.'"

What he said. Close game where we effectively lost by the toss of the coin.

If anyone can identify who split my pint then I'll send the invoice their way icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner599No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2011Oct 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7041_1309733401.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7041.jpg

Quote: spener "fair do's it wasnt convincing from either side........dont be so hard on ya selves.......as for 'if we cant beat teams like fev'?....whats all that about?'"

just going off the last 10 years, no offence.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25757
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Feb 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2032_1340307831.gif
Please do not send me any PM's I dont check this board often enough to be able to answer them, use my e mail add please fjparkinson@virginmedia.com All posts on this message board by me are mine I am NOT a representative in any way shape or form of ANY Rugby League club.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2032.gif

Quote: Honest Joe "Mick Nanyn, a player we were laughing at and calling past it 3 years ago. Sums up our team and our ambition that now he looks like our best player'"

some were laughing those that could see a points machine were not

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach398No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2010May 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noirs/Garfield.gif
:fonds noirs/Garfield.gif

Quote: haven4ever "his defence cost you 2 tries watch the replays

same old mick great at the barge over but shocking at times in defence'"
I have done and disagree - Mick wasn't to blame for those on his own - he was trying to cover for other players poor positioning. Nevertheless, I agree his defence has never been his strong suit, but if he can score more than anyone on the pitch, why should that be an issue?

The first 60 minutes were appalling - as bad as the Good Friday game at our place, but as in that one, at least you showed some character. But Donlan at 6 is ridiculous and much though I rate my namesake, he had a poor game at FB last night. The galling thing for you leythers is that Rovers were also very poor.

And please - lay off the ref....he could have blown at every play the ball but at least he had enough common sense to TRY to keep the game moving. Only the knock-on decision against Watson I thought was baffling. Most of the others he got right (and in that particular instance, I thought he was just fed up with Watto's antics earlier).

Hard luck Leythers but keep the faith.

GSF
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach997No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2012Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32929.jpg
:32929.jpg

Don't come here with sensible and balanced view's like that Manx.As a fellow Widnes fan you should be posting 'wind up' material and rubbing Leigh fans' noses in the defeat complete with immature smiley faces.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach398No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2010May 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noirs/Garfield.gif
:fonds noirs/Garfield.gif

Quote: GSF "Don't come here with sensible and balanced view's like that Manx.As a fellow Widnes fan you should be posting 'wind up' material and rubbing Leigh fans' noses in the defeat complete with immature smiley faces.'"
I am ashamed icon_surprised.gifops:

icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1923No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1963.jpg
:1963.jpg

Quote: haven4ever "his defence cost you 2 tries watch the replays

same old mick great at the barge over but shocking at times in defence'"

Agree completely.

Having criticised us signing Nanyn I thought he looked fitter than I expected, gave a good ball for Maden to go over in the corner, took his own try well barging over like we know he can, and helped us win a few short kickoffs, without which we'd have been dead and buried much earlier.

However, like Haven4ever I also thought he gifted Fev 2 tries down that side, looked a bit lazy in defence and slipped off some pretty ordinary but important tackles, and as we were on show for the whole RL world to see I wouldn't be surprised to see more teams targetting our right hand side now.

I really hope he comes good but I do still worry that we've signed another frustrating & inconsistent player that could lose us one game just as easily as winning us another. He seems certain to divide opinions amongst the fans, but I guess at least if people are arguing about Nanyn, Watto might get a bit more of a break.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/Sid.gif
:fonds blancs/Sid.gif

Both Nanyn and Maden were at fault for those 2 tries but in defence of Nanyn he did score 2 and gave Maden a great offload, as for Watson that was clearly a penalty the player was all over him,plus did anyone else notice the ref was allowing a hell of alot of time for tacklers to release for both teams which slowed the game down,he actually shouted 2 at one tackle after what seemed an age then the ball was passed out {fev had the ball}and he let it go .

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11989
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: leyther1 "Agree completely.

Having criticised us signing Nanyn I thought he looked fitter than I expected, gave a good ball for Maden to go over in the corner, took his own try well barging over like we know he can, and helped us win a few short kickoffs, without which we'd have been dead and buried much earlier.

However, like Haven4ever I also thought he gifted Fev 2 tries down that side, looked a bit lazy in defence and slipped off some pretty ordinary but important tackles, and as we were on show for the whole RL world to see I wouldn't be surprised to see more teams targetting our right hand side now.
I really hope he comes good but I do still worry that we've signed another frustrating & inconsistent player that could lose us one game just as easily as winning us another. He seems certain to divide opinions amongst the fans, but I guess at least if people are arguing about Nanyn, Watto might get a bit more of a break.'"

As well as kicking high to the left side and scooting past us in the middle, when our backs are turned! My betting is that Nanyn was quite high up in the tackle count, despite our weakness on that side - where we always seem to be out-numbered. Who is supposed to be helping the centre/wing out there?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach6190No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13058.jpg
:13058.jpg

I don't think it's as bad as people are making out although there is lots to look at and improve.

In defence we aren't too bad, Fev made too many breaks and we weren't alert enough (Fev's last try) and we just made bad calls (Morty). We aren't giving away as many penalties which is good to see.

We started the game well, applying lots of pressure but couldn't make anything of it which is disappointing - we need people offering options and people running angles just like Nanyn did for the 2nd of his try. I think we need a 6 playing at 6 - even if it is Ridyard because it's clear to see Donlan isn't suited to the role and would be more effective on the wing or centre.

Our forwards were quiet Hobson and Taylor in particular in attack and we need them laying a stronger platform for our backs. We need to get Stanton involved more, he's a great little player but doesn't see enough of the ball in enough space. Tony Stewart should be replaced by Donlan.

Nanyn will prove to be a good signing, I'll admit I wasn't a fan of his and wasn't pleased with the signing but he gives us what we lack near the line he scored two tries last night and created one with good centre play, I think he will be a great asset if we used him enough near the line.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach492No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Fozzie%20Bear.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Fozzie%20Bear.gif

Donlan to fullback,rudd to blackpool...and pray joe williams arrives soon.

41 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
41 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.03515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Cuddleclub
23m
Rumours and signings v9
CobraCraig
45m