JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15778_1321882771.png
L.I.S.A Secretary [url=http://www.leigh-isa.org.uk:1gm9a4wz]LISA website[/url:1gm9a4wz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15778.png

ROTFL

RankPostsTeam
International Star1550No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Nostradamus's lad "I disagree its a garbage post, with a town full of that attitude I would encourage the board to walk away now and enjoy their summers.

Its not a financial call, I have just got the family tickets to every game next year for £8 a week 2A + 2C!!!!!

If somebody claims they cant afford that then in 95% of cases they are lying, they simply give priority to Fags, Take away shet, Booze, Broadband, Sky etc

I see loads of work dodgers claiming poverty with a fag in one hand, a can in the other and about to get a kebab - dont tell me they cant afford it, they choose not to

Leigh has a population approaching 50000 10% take up is 5000, add in Bent, Bongs, Golborne, etc and if 3000 is not our average prior to play offs then lets go PT and become Wigans feeder club, they can pay the bills because we as a club would be dead

My advice to the board is carry on targeting the families, the women especially and dont waste your time with the deadwood who have a list as long as the cut of excuses not to do - we have great positivity and community within our fan base now, luvv the whingers off for their pathetic existence and laugh at them rather than listen to them

Can we have a Boxing day friendly, please, please ...........'"

Your advice for the board? you not on it anymore Neil? icon_wink.gif

I agree with some of your points but a bit strong IMO and I supose it's easy to have your view point when earning a six figure salery, some are not so fortunate.

Wigans population is over 310k so despite being the biggest club in the country and current double winners they are operating well under 5% on your logic. Leeds is a City with nearly 1m people in It but it just doesn't work that way mate.

Instead of critising people who don't share your point of view, try to understand what they are saying. I don't believe dramatically increasing attendances is impossible and a competitive Leigh side in SL will pull big gates for the big games if marketed right but it's a long game and will require year on year marketing imporvements and far greater levels of resource and advertising than the club has currently got or has ever had before.

Let's keep doing what we've been doing an slowly building and most of all appreciate the people that do go, fund the club and try and make sure they keep coming back and growing steadily like they have been doing this last 18 months.

Andy

RankPostsTeam
International Star21595
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
62021_1514912988.png
[img:12j4q57k]https://i.imgur.com/ayH2ksC.jpg[/img:12j4q57k]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_62021.png

Quote: SRW1996 "Your advice for the board? you not on it anymore Neil?
Excellent post.

RankPostsTeam
International Star15No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Excellent post Andy!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15768_1384187582.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15768.jpg

Quote: SRW1996 "Your advice for the board? you not on it anymore Neil? Very well put Andy , and a very enlightening post , as for Neil , Maurice , or even Nozzy , or whatever he wants to call himself icon_eek.gif a very strong view on the Leigh Fans , you sound like the Prime Minister or Health Minister reffering to Booze , Cigs , and Broadband icon_eek.gif , folk to choose to spend their cash how they want , whether it be at the LSV or a Pub , is up to them .

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1392.gif
Mines a pint... 'Hi-Ho Silver Lining' Headingley 05th October 2014.:1392.gif

We should carry on the work we have just started but ramp it up with the extra money we get each season - a budget for properly marketing our club to its populace should be set aside each season as a must.
The target MUST be families and youngsters and the aim of the club short term should be to ensure every youngster aged 6 to 11 years old who goes to school within 8 miles of the LSV will have seen Leigh Centurions represented at school or in the area (be it players or others from the club) and as a bare minimum know the club exists and they are currently champions and doing exceptionally well.
Along with the brilliant work started (but by no means even remotely completed)in the community of Leigh and with the partner local and junior sports clubs lets continue to build on that.

As harsh as it sounds I don't believe RL is the sport people choose to watch on spec as its profile is virtually non existent and in effect the door was slammed shut by many people by poor governance and leadership effectively making the results of many games of no value or consequence.
Just going back to being a competition may start to get a few back but the majority lost are long gone as they have found other things to spend there leisure money on, equally the fans who follow Saints & the Pies et al will only come back to glory so spend no time enticing them as results only work to that fickle bunch so if we do well they will return in anyhow (especially
if the club they currently follow have poor results).

Our club has lots of work to do if we want to get a good average next season and in all fairness last year that work was started, but its just that - a start and lets not forget all our competitors (be it RL clubs, Football clubs or pubs & bars) want them just as much as we do and have already made a start on getting people in, we are going in the right direction but the next 5 years will see a lot of work needed off the field if all our hopes are to become reality.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4636
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

My view is we have easily been the best Championship team and next season our squad will be full time and even stronger.

We must take this chance next season with both hands if we want to get in the top league' with the extra funding that will bring.

Re the Leigh and District public it is up to them to respond. I am hopefull that they will.

We will soon find out.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1550No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: JENKY "We should carry on the work we have just started but ramp it up with the extra money we get each season - a budget for properly marketing our club to its populace should be set aside each season as a must.
The target MUST be families and youngsters and the aim of the club short term should be to ensure every youngster aged 6 to 11 years old who goes to school within 8 miles of the LSV will have seen Leigh Centurions represented at school or in the area (be it players or others from the club) and as a bare minimum know the club exists and they are currently champions and doing exceptionally well.
Along with the brilliant work started (but by no means even remotely completed)in the community of Leigh and with the partner local and junior sports clubs lets continue to build on that.

As harsh as it sounds I don't believe RL is the sport people choose to watch on spec as its profile is virtually non existent and in effect the door was slammed shut by many people by poor governance and leadership effectively making the results of many games of no value or consequence.
Just going back to being a competition may start to get a few back but the majority lost are long gone as they have found other things to spend there leisure money on, equally the fans who follow Saints & the Pies et al will only come back to glory so spend no time enticing them as results only work to that fickle bunch so if we do well they will return in anyhow (especially

Our club has lots of work to do if we want to get a good average next season and in all fairness last year that work was started, but its just that - a start and lets not forget all our competitors (be it RL clubs, Football clubs or pubs & bars) want them just as much as we do and have already made a start on getting people in, we are going in the right direction but the next 5 years will see a lot of work needed off the field if all our hopes are to become reality.'"

Great post Jenky.

RankPostsTeam
International Star21595
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
62021_1514912988.png
[img:12j4q57k]https://i.imgur.com/ayH2ksC.jpg[/img:12j4q57k]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_62021.png

Quote: JENKY "We should carry on the work we have just started but ramp it up with the extra money we get each season - a budget for properly marketing our club to its populace should be set aside each season as a must.

Our club has lots of work to do if we want to get a good average next season and in all fairness last year that work was started, but its just that - a start and lets not forget all our competitors (be it RL clubs, Football clubs or pubs & bars) want them just as much as we do and have already made a start on getting people in, we are going in the right direction but the next 5 years will see a lot of work needed off the field if all our hopes are to become reality.'"

Excellent post eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach724
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2020Jan 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43872_1369330615.jpg
Ronnie and Reggie - We don't like Norfern "Numpty" Geezers with flat caps and we HATE whippets.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_43872.jpg

Like you say it is the youngsters who must be targeted. That's how most of us started watching Leigh via the free tickets in school. What you also have to realise is that not all children want to attend the games with their parents. They want to attend with their mates but if the games are on Sunday afternoons and they have nobody to give them a lift then they can't get to the game if they aren't in walking distance. Saturday afternoons or teatime KO's should be reconsidered so kids can get to the game on public transport because Sunday's are a complete waste of time.

RankPostsTeam
International Star714
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
52806_1304604881.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_52806.jpeg

Quote: soldiers field "happy hooker- now the licence system has gone they hopefully may give it another try.

The irony regarding licensing is that [iLeigh would have probably been a shoe in [/inow whenever it was due'"

Stupid question, how do you work that out given that the license for 2015-2017 (inclusive) would have been announced in May 2014 based on the previous 3 years performance and the financial situation at each club (plus bits). BTW what a big mistake that would have been to give to Fev looking in hindsight now and the mess we are have been in the last six months? I could be cynical and suggest that they changed the league format to keep Fev out of SL, but would have to put that big chip back on my shoulder before I did. icon_lol.gif

PS in terms of attendance at the GF last weekend, how many do you think were Leigh fans out of the 9000-ish gate. And this is not a question about our fan base is bigger than yours, etc. it is a genuine question. The reason I ask is that if you assume that a 3rd of the gate was Leigh fans (3000) at a final when you had swept all before you how do you think you can average 3000 next year when you will not win as well as you have this, you only need to look at Fev gates this year (down on last because we started to lose some games).

IMO Fax/Leigh/Fev gates will be up next year because of Bradford, but I doubt will be much different in the initial 12s to the gates this year, teams making the middle 8 will be up in the 3/4 games they have at home, which makes finishing in the top 4 really important along with the money for finishing in the top 4.

Enjoy the off season, will be a long few months before the start of next season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach929No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

----Following Leigh Centurions in the Championship until the day I die. I don't beLEIGHve.----:

Quote: Nostradamus's lad "I disagree its a garbage post, with a town full of that attitude I would encourage the board to walk away now and enjoy their summers.

Its not a financial call, I have just got the family tickets to every game next year for £8 a week 2A + 2C!!!!!

If somebody claims they cant afford that then in 95% of cases they are lying, they simply give priority to Fags, Take away shet, Booze, Broadband, Sky etc

I see loads of work dodgers claiming poverty with a fag in one hand, a can in the other and about to get a kebab - dont tell me they cant afford it, they choose not to

Leigh has a population approaching 50000 10% take up is 5000, add in Bent, Bongs, Golborne, etc and if 3000 is not our average prior to play offs then lets go PT and become Wigans feeder club, they can pay the bills because we as a club would be dead

My advice to the board is carry on targeting the families, the women especially and dont waste your time with the deadwood who have a list as long as the cut of excuses not to do - we have great positivity and community within our fan base now, luvv the whingers off for their pathetic existence and laugh at them rather than listen to them

ps Can we have a Boxing day friendly, please, please ...........'"

Nailed it.

If you're claiming that you cant afford £14 a week for the entertainment Leigh are offering at the moment, you either don't want to be there in the first place OR if you do want to be there, it's time to enroll in college and get a better job.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15768_1384187582.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15768.jpg

Quote: Jimmy85 "Nailed it.

If you're claiming that you cant afford £14 a week for the entertainment Leigh are offering at the moment, you either don't want to be there in the first place OR if you do want to be there, it's time to enroll in college and get a better job.'"

Cmon Jim , your last statement really surprises me , its not that simple to just enrol at College , and then qualify for a better job , some families cannot support their Children to do this , my 2 eldest went to College , Danni went to UNI , Charlie Jnr went to College , my youngest Kell is now at College and has 2 jobs , my point being not everyone can do this , to some families £14 a week is a lot of money .

RankPostsTeam
International Star21595
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
62021_1514912988.png

Quote: Jimmy85 "Nailed it.

If you're claiming that you cant afford £14 a week for the entertainment Leigh are offering at the moment, you either don't want to be there in the first place OR if you do want to be there, it's time to enroll in college and get a better job.'"

You obviously don't live in the real world either.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1169No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SRW1996 "Your advice for the board? you not on it anymore Neil?
Close but no Goldfish Andy - not the first either

I would suggest getting your ducks in line before quoting facts may help, Wigan has a population of 98000 Wigan Borough has 320000. So Wigan get 14% !

I stand by my comments also, and suggest you read again to understand them, the clubs strategy of targeting families and making ST's affordable is first class, decisions not to attend are in 95% of cases not financial but choice - the 5% should be helped.

53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
53 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.81298828125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
just_browny
9m
Salford H
Dave K.
12m