JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It was a tongue in cheek post from Andy. I think there is a little sense of humor failure here!

RankPostsTeam
International Star1550No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: waterfield's finest "Pretty obvious why it was locked. It's cos the self-proclaimed official club spokesperson cannot resist having a swipe at people on the unofficial message board. Some of those people have worked pretty bloody hard over the years for the sake of the club and now get to suffer public haranguing from the clubs leadership every other time they make a post. Keep up Michael!

Personally, I thought it was wiser for AM to stay away from posting on here. But then he came back as part of what looked to be a pretty successful PR push. Unfortunately, some of the posts get pretty personal and petty in tone, especially of late.

All part of being a seven figure team I guess, this abject display of public professionalism. I do worry how long before egos tear the club to pieces. Having a swipe at rival clubs' finances....Lost crack programme editor... LISA leader next?...'"

Dave

Your comments are noted.

Thanks

Andy

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7676
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28343_1268949591.gif
" Time is but a flowing stream". Pedro. Higherfold Cockey Pond. 1973. You can shout for silence, but boots worn all day will always hum.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28343.gif

Quote: Alan "I too have always had concerns about directors posting on message boards. Indeed, Andy would be the first to confirm that I voiced those concerns in 'Communications Team' meetings. However, he would also tell you that I admitted those postings were/are excellent PR, when they were factual, and killed several rumours stone dead.

For me, the problem comes when directors start expressing personal opinions. I know they are entitled to them, just like any other passionate fan. Those opinions may be wrong, they may be right, (who's to say?) but may be better left un-written. That's just a personal opinion, of course. (may be wrong, may be right - who's to say?
My sentiments exactly Alan. The key word to all this is "professionalism". I also agree with Waterfields Finest.

RankPostsTeam
International Star428
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2016Apr 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5452-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
:icons077e_files/5452-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

It's a sad state of affairs when a tongue in check post gets this sort of reaction from a mod who has in the past posted more provocative post than this...without even a icon_wink.gif face.
The fact that this thread has been reopened again shows that the overall consensus is that Andy's post was not/is not offensive.

edit.......Maybe Andy should have 2 avatars ? 1 as a BOD and 1 just as a fan ?

RankPostsTeam
International Star96No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: waterfield's finest "Pretty obvious why it was locked. It's cos the self-proclaimed official club spokesperson cannot resist having a swipe at people on the unofficial message board. Some of those people have worked pretty bloody hard over the years for the sake of the club and now get to suffer public haranguing from the clubs leadership every other time they make a post. Keep up Michael!

Personally, I thought it was wiser for AM to stay away from posting on here. But then he came back as part of what looked to be a pretty successful PR push. Unfortunately, some of the posts get pretty personal and petty in tone, especially of late.

All part of being a seven figure team I guess, this abject display of public professionalism. I do worry how long before egos tear the club to pieces. Having a swipe at rival clubs' finances....Lost crack programme editor... LISA leader next?...'"

Waterfields having sat and read back through your old posts what is very clear and sticks out like a sore thumb is that you quite bitter for some reason and are clearly against the Rowleys and Derek Beaumont and as a consequence Andy looks now to be guilty by association.

Knowing a few of the new board on a personal level as a sponsor of the club I know that none of them are paid a penny for what they do for the club and the many hours of professional time they inject would cost the club an absolute fortune if they had to pay for it. I also know Derek and Andy are two of the major cash investors from the group and two of the key figures who are pushing the club forward at a very fast pace and indeed have transformed it's fortunes in a short space of time.

From reading on here and speaking with people at the club it's evident Andy did not have any part in Alan giving up his role as programme editor and as the forum is UNOFFICIAL i fail to see why anyone including our clubs Directors if they so wish should not have the right to an opinion on other clubs and all things RL should they so wish to have one. For me it's great we have such open, honest and passionate people running the club and willing and able to participate and interact with fans.

Question for you is what is buying you the right it have a pop at a guy is throwing many tens of thousands of pounds at the club and is part of a group that has transformed our clubs fortunes??? Exactly what are you doing for the club??? Keyboard Warrior I suspect who has been sat waiting for an opening and wouldn't dare say anything to these lads faces.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5215No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44700_1440358680.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44700.jpg

I look forward to Andy's contributions to the forum because they are informative, passionate, from the heart and occasionally funny icon_smile.gif . It would be a sad day if he felt he had to pack in because of bruised egos.
There are simple rules for posting on forums like this one, if you don't agree with an opinion then argue it but don't abuse the poster. If you don't particularly like someone then ignore them. If you have nothing to add to a debate then butt out and leave it to those who do.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11989
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Milehighclub "Waterfields having sat and read back through your old posts what is very clear and sticks out like a sore thumb is that you quite bitter for some reason and are clearly against the Rowleys and Derek Beaumont and as a consequence Andy looks now to be guilty by association.

Knowing a few of the new board on a personal level as a sponsor of the club I know that none of them are paid a penny for what they do for the club and the many hours of professional time they inject would cost the club an absolute fortune if they had to pay for it. I also know Derek and Andy are two of the major cash investors from the group and two of the key figures who are pushing the club forward at a very fast pace and indeed have transformed it's fortunes in a short space of time.

From reading on here and speaking with people at the club it's evident Andy did not have any part in Alan giving up his role as programme editor and as the forum is UNOFFICIAL i fail to see why anyone including our clubs Directors if they so wish should not have the right to an opinion on other clubs and all things RL should they so wish to have one. For me it's great we have such open, honest and passionate people running the club and willing and able to participate and interact with fans.

Question for you is what is buying you the right it have a pop at a guy is throwing many tens of thousands of pounds at the club and is part of a group that has transformed our clubs fortunes??? Exactly what are you doing for the club??? Keyboard Warrior I suspect who has been sat waiting for an opening and wouldn't dare say anything to these lads faces.'"

That is absolutely correct - Andy played no part in my decision to resign, and indeed has always been highly supportive of me, in my role as 'volunteer'.

As for directors throwing loads of their 'hard-earned' into the club, they have had, and always will have, my respect for doing that, for MY club. (and every other supporters' club) Of course, it could be argued that 'volunteers', are indirectly contributing big sums of cash as well, in saving the club a small fortune in employing staff to fill those roles. (it has amazed me, to discover just how much cash the likes of Leeds, Bradford or Wigan chuck at their programmes, for instance)

As for directors posting on here, my opinion was changed by Andy's excellent factual posts - but hey, why let facts get in the way of a good rumour. icon_wink.gif For me, the problem comes if they get involved in slanging matches, or start to abuse other people. That's just not on, be they directors, fans, or anyone else. Just an opinion, of course! icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16601No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB181.gif
:cartoons/WB181.gif

Quote: Alan "That is absolutely correct - Andy played no part in my decision to resign, and indeed has always been highly supportive of me, in my role as 'volunteer'.

As for directors throwing loads of their 'hard-earned' into the club, they have had, and always will have, my respect for doing that, for MY club. (and every other supporters' club) Of course, it could be argued that 'volunteers', are indirectly contributing big sums of cash as well, in saving the club a small fortune in employing staff to fill those roles. (it has amazed me, to discover just how much cash the likes of Leeds, Bradford or Wigan chuck at their programmes, for instance)

As for directors posting on here, my opinion was changed by Andy's excellent factual posts - but hey, why let facts get in the way of a good rumour.
Alan I was under the impression it was the abuse that first attracted you to the role, from your own lips as well icon_wink.gif I know its one of my primary drivers icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman33727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1034_1335734906.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1034.jpg

Quote: Alan "That is absolutely correct - Andy played no part in my decision to resign, and indeed has always been highly supportive of me, in my role as 'volunteer'.

As for directors posting on here, my opinion was changed by Andy's excellent factual posts - but hey, why let facts get in the way of a good rumour. Facts have no place here Alan! icon_wink.gif

On the bright side it made a nice change to have more than one page of new posts on here after the game yesterday, been a long while since that happened. This forum has been a great tool in the past of people clubbing together for the greater good and most of all having a laugh, would hate to see it return to darker days of the more recent past where threads were being ruined by petty squabbles and whatnot. If people are posting on a personal account then they're more than entitled to do so, but I would suggest a bit of a "the above post is the personal view of..." type disclaimer.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1072No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Aug 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Milehighclub "Waterfields having sat and read back through your old posts what is very clear and sticks out like a sore thumb is that you quite bitter for some reason and are clearly against the Rowleys and Derek Beaumont and as a consequence Andy looks now to be guilty by association.

Question for you is what is buying you the right it have a pop at a guy is throwing many tens of thousands of pounds at the club and is part of a group that has transformed our clubs fortunes??? Exactly what are you doing for the club??? Keyboard Warrior I suspect who has been sat waiting for an opening and wouldn't dare say anything to these lads faces.'"

To milehigh. You’re right, I did once troll these boards but haven’t for many years now. I had a conversation with Allan R which made me realise the damage you could do with posts on a very public forum in a small community (no matter how tongue in cheek they were intended) so I quit it. In fact, I don’t think the stored posts go back that far as they were all wiped in 2009 so maybe it’s your own memory that serves you well. I could, of course, choose to post under a new name.

On this occasion, I’m not trolling. Just pointing out that the leaders of any organisation have a responsibility and that engaging in very public spats could be damaging in the long run and definitely won’t do any good. The advice stands for anyone, think several times before you post. I give that advice to people I work with and would give same advice to anyone. Andy knows who i am, who i work for etc.

Hubris rarely leads to sustainable success. And there seems to be some creeping in….

Dave

RankPostsTeam
International Star96No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: waterfield's finest "To milehigh. You’re right, I did once troll these boards but haven’t for many years now. I had a conversation with Allan R which made me realise the damage you could do with posts on a very public forum in a small community (no matter how tongue in cheek they were intended) so I quit it. In fact, I don’t think the stored posts go back that far as they were all wiped in 2009 so maybe it’s your own memory that serves you well. I could, of course, choose to post under a new name.

On this occasion, I’m not trolling. Just pointing out that the leaders of any organisation have a responsibility and that engaging in very public spats could be damaging in the long run and definitely won’t do any good. The advice stands for anyone, think several times before you post. I give that advice to people I work with and would give same advice to anyone. Andy knows who i am, who i work for etc.

Hubris rarely leads to sustainable success. And there seems to be some creeping in….

Dave'"

David thanks for the reply.

The specific post I refer to is not even twelve months old and I found it on just the second page back of your most recent posts as follows

I think the new guys seem to be firmly keeping a lid on some of the more boisterous old brigade nicely and achievement is measured by success and you gauge success on results. In all areas of the business weather it be on the pitch in the bars, out in the town and community or upstairs in the corporate areas or indeed increasing numbers on the terraces we are achieving.

Were would we be if these guys had not stepped up to the plate last year???

Best Wishes

Ste

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5010No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2022Dec 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1392.gif
Mines a pint... 'Hi-Ho Silver Lining' Headingley 05th October 2014.:1392.gif

I say this kindly but can the BOM not just go about the business of running the club and be above any tittle tattle or childish quips.
It doesn't show the business in a good light no matter what name is used when posting comments.
Yesterday was a very good day for the Centurions on and off the field, a lot of work done by the new BOM and a lot of foundation work put in place by the many volunteers that have kept the club going that have enabled the new start to begin - everyone should be very excited about the times ahead but the constant back biting and infighting does no-one any good.

If we are all in this together isn't it time we started to show it ?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7676
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28343_1268949591.gif
" Time is but a flowing stream". Pedro. Higherfold Cockey Pond. 1973. You can shout for silence, but boots worn all day will always hum.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28343.gif

Quote: JENKY "I say this kindly but can the BOM not just go about the business of running the club and be above any tittle tattle or childish quips.
It doesn't show the business in a good light no matter what name is used when posting comments.
Yesterday was a very good day for the Centurions on and off the field, a lot of work done by the new BOM and a lot of foundation work put in place by the many volunteers that have kept the club going that have enabled the new start to begin - everyone should be very excited about the times ahead but the constant back biting and infighting does no-one any good.

If we are all in this together isn't it time we started to show it ?'"

Well said Jenky. eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member11989
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: maurice "Alan I was under the impression it was the abuse that first attracted you to the role, from your own lips as well
'Maurice' - may I call you 'Maurice'?

You will have been aware, from our recent conversation, how disillusioned and despondent I feel. icon_cry.gif You now begin to see why - all the 'perks' were gradually being taken away! icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16601No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB181.gif
:cartoons/WB181.gif

Quote: Alan "'Maurice' - may I call you 'Maurice'?

You will have been aware, from our recent conversation, how disillusioned and despondent I feel.
Alan you can call me what you wish, we have known each other long enough now - in fact you generally do icon_wink.gif

34 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
34 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.537109375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
7m
Call for funds
Listenup94
10m