Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2014Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13999.gif
G.L.O.W:13999.gif

What if the club who lost It's license had a better application than widneseseseseses?

j.c
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6858
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Nov 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

22/03/2013 Get LEIGH outta wigan:

Quote: leythdave "What if the club who lost It's license had a better application than widneseseseseses?'"

Irrelevent because they wern't in compitition with Widnes.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman6601No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2023Dec 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Miss%20Piggy.gif
LIVING THE DREAM ALL THE WAY TO THE SUPER LEAGUE PLAY-OFFS! ''All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them'':Black Backgrounds/Miss%20Piggy.gif

Brilliant post from the author of the thread.

Can anyone give me 3 good reasons for the franchise system please??

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1429No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Jul 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Tipster Ste "Brilliant post from the author of the thread.

Can anyone give me 3 good reasons for the franchise system please??'"

i) its a "process" so no-one is responsible for the decisions.
ii) employ KPMG - so they can be blamed if a duff club gets into SL and screws up
iii) do it under strict confidentiality to alienate the fan base and undermine your own credibility.

oh, I guess that was only 2 out of 3 then. icon_sad.gif

addendum - The next time I hear someone at the RFL say "Balanced Scorecard", I will scream.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2315No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3545.jpg
:3545.jpg

Quote: Tipster Ste "Brilliant post from the author of the thread.

Can anyone give me 3 good reasons for the franchise system please??'"

1) The gap between a full time and a part time club is massive, around 500% larger. The obligations on a SL club are far higher. It's not sustainable for clubs to business plan on a rolling 1 year basis, and its not realistic to expect clus to invest in facilities if a new standoff might keep them in the division by winning a couple of matches for them.

2) The obligations on SL clubs include facilities, administrative teams, and youth development. Clubs can only commit to the longer-term investment in these fundamentals if they know they have a 3 year cycle to plan.

3) Very few of the next tier of clubs would be capable of living up to the standards of SL in terms of infrastructure or stadia. The licence criteria sets a clear benchmark for long term planning, rather than relying on throwing up some temporary stands and hiring administrators for 9 months then sacking them when you get relegated (like we did).

-

I am not saying I agree with the system, but that's why its there. It is very well thought out, very logical, and I know the peeople at the RFL who implemented it did so because they saw it as the best way to bring stability and investment into the game. Again, I'm not saying I agree with that, either... but it will amaze many forumites to hear that the RFL is run by talented people who's ONLY desire is to see the game flourish. How we do that... that's a matter of opinion. But the integrity of those in the Red Hall boardroom is nailed-on fact.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25757
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Feb 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2032_1340307831.gif
Please do not send me any PM's I dont check this board often enough to be able to answer them, use my e mail add please fjparkinson@virginmedia.com All posts on this message board by me are mine I am NOT a representative in any way shape or form of ANY Rugby League club.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2032.gif

Joe if you had seen some of the stuff I have over the last few days you would change your mind re the last statement (nailed on fact).

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7676
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28343_1268949591.gif
" Time is but a flowing stream". Pedro. Higherfold Cockey Pond. 1973. You can shout for silence, but boots worn all day will always hum.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28343.gif

The reason for the difference in the leagues is because SL and it's expansion program has been the b all and end all and stuff the rest. Thats why there is a massive difference, if the RFL had built heartland clubs up first we would not be in this ridiculous situation. No other sport has treated its lower leagues like the RFL has. It's all right Joe you keepm banging on about how they have had vision and how it is happening down the south west but it is up here where there is the biggest fan base for this game and it is clubs like ours and Haven and Barrow that should be getting more help. Why does the RFL not pay KPMG and the others to help clubs with business plans so they could keep there heads above water. No they are paying these people to weed teams out of their little clique. I don't have a clue where to start myself but watching the gap grow ever bigger is making me sick. I say stuff expansion at all costs. I say just stuff expasion untill the heartlands are in order.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8642No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Feb 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif
:Black Backgrounds/Beaker.gif

You do not need franchising to achieve anything other than the status quo.

With P & R the promoted club could be given a 2/3 season exemption from relegation and that would stop most clubs games from being treated as glorified friendlies.

Under the present system our game is on a one way spiral and I think we all know in which way that spiral is pointed. Maybe direction would be a better noun than spiral.

Featherstone now top of the Championship and their home attendances are very poor I wonder why.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1353No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

A fool shows his annoyance at once, but a prudent man overlooks an insult”:

Quote: Wembley71 "1) The gap between a full time and a part time club is massive, around 500% larger. The obligations on a SL club are far higher. It's not sustainable for clubs to business plan on a rolling 1 year basis, and its not realistic to expect clus to invest in facilities if a new standoff might keep them in the division by winning a couple of matches for them.

2) The obligations on SL clubs include facilities, administrative teams, and youth development. Clubs can only commit to the longer-term investment in these fundamentals if they know they have a 3 year cycle to plan.

3) Very few of the next tier of clubs would be capable of living up to the standards of SL in terms of infrastructure or stadia. The licence criteria sets a clear benchmark for long term planning, rather than relying on throwing up some temporary stands and hiring administrators for 9 months then sacking them when you get relegated (like we did).

-

I am not saying I agree with the system, but that's why its there. It is very well thought out, very logical, and I know the peeople at the RFL who implemented it did so because they saw it as the best way to bring stability and investment into the game. Again, I'm not saying I agree with that, either... but it will amaze many forumites to hear that the RFL is run by talented people who's ONLY desire is to see the game flourish. How we do that... that's a matter of opinion. But the integrity of those in the Red Hall boardroom is nailed-on fact.'"

1. nonsense no new grounds because of franchise,tesco are building saints a ground just to get a massive store in st helens nothing to do with rl,salford have been building there new ground since the ark was started

2were is this 3 year plan when super league clubs keep going burst,so thats another bubble burst

3 the so called lower tier clubs can compete,a third of the clubs in super league testify to that fact as they are still in

The bottom line is franchise was invented to save 3 clubs,the french one the never ending london failure project and the wonderful welsh farce and seeing as the welsh one as gone boobs up I think that proves that for 3 years they stopped barrow,halifax and featherstone from being promoted and who knows what if barrow were let up when barking mad des was on a roll who knows what players he could have bank rolled for them.

I work with pie numpties and believe it or not half who watch wigan had no idea what this franchise thing was mainly because it does not effect them and to be honest apart from 4 teams at the bottom of super league and 4 in national leagues no one cares

As someone posted feath top of table 1000 fans,why,because whats the point if you can't go up.

Please no one come on and spout lets be the the best at second best when our society is built on becoming the best there is not a tiddler splashing in a puddle

Franchise rip

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member5152No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2021Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1972.jpg
Looking forward to next season already! Leyther and Loyal:1972.jpg

Mark Bryant the Crusaders player has some interesting views on the last couple of years at that club...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3495No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2014Dec 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I have no doubt whatsoever that if we went into SL next year, franchise or otherwise we would be bust within a year. We simply do not have the structure or fanbase to support it. Yet. One day, a 3 year license would help and is the right way to go for sustainability. There, I said it.

What I cannot accept though is the constant moving of the goalposts, lack of tranparency, and blithering lies bull5hit and contradictions coming out of the mouths of Lewis and Wood. Todays example...Halifax do not have the support of a wealthy sole benefactor and rely on a group of individuals (Micheal Steels words on Sky Sports News, not mine). 3 years ago, Leigh were 'too reliant upon single investor involvement'.

If they told me the score from tonights Fev game I'd wait until reading the paper before believing them. The pair of them would make great politicians.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Wembley71 "1)

I am not saying I agree with the system, but that's why its there. It is very well thought out, very logical, and I know the peeople at the RFL who implemented it did so because they saw it as the best way to bring stability and investment into the game. Again, I'm not saying I agree with that, either... but it will amaze many forumites to hear that the RFL is run by talented people who's ONLY desire is to see the game flourish. How we do that... that's a matter of opinion. But the integrity of those in the Red Hall boardroom is nailed-on fact.'"

Well if it is a nailed on fact Joe , they do a pretty crap job of showing it

What is worrying is that I am no longer surprised how much of a mess they can make of things

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25757
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Feb 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2032_1340307831.gif
Please do not send me any PM's I dont check this board often enough to be able to answer them, use my e mail add please fjparkinson@virginmedia.com All posts on this message board by me are mine I am NOT a representative in any way shape or form of ANY Rugby League club.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2032.gif

How can anyone or any body of people allow one of it's member clubs to go on breaking the law of the country for three years knowing full well that it was, integrity? they can't spell it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2016Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

YOU CAN LEARN FROM THE PAST BUT NOT RELIVE IT.YOU CAN HOPE FOR THE FUTURE BUT CAN NEVER BE SURE THERE WILL BE ONE.:

Quote: TV BOY "The reason for the difference in the leagues is because SL and it's expansion program has been the b all and end all and stuff the rest. Thats why there is a massive difference, if the RFL had built heartland clubs up first we would not be in this ridiculous situation. No other sport has treated its lower leagues like the RFL has. It's all right Joe you keepm banging on about how they have had vision and how it is happening down the south west but it is up here where there is the biggest fan base for this game and it is clubs like ours and Haven and Barrow that should be getting more help. Why does the RFL not pay KPMG and the others to help clubs with business plans so they could keep there heads above water. No they are paying these people to weed teams out of their little clique. I don't have a clue where to start myself but watching the gap grow ever bigger is making me sick. I say stuff expansion at all costs. I say just stuff expasion untill the heartlands are in order.'"

They still need clubs like Leigh and Fax hovering about just under the radar as they need to keep giving them a bit of hope by feeding them false promises.
The reason being if they allowed such as our clubs go to the wall who the devil is going to produce all the decent players for Super League , they certainly won`t be flooding out of London will they?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2315No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3545.jpg
:3545.jpg

Quote: johnny freeman fan club "They still need clubs like Leigh and Fax hovering about just under the radar as they need to keep giving them a bit of hope by feeding them false promises.
The reason being if they allowed such as our clubs go to the wall who the devil is going to produce all the decent players for Super League , they certainly won`t be flooding out of London will they?'"

The 'conversion rate' of kids to professionals in London is very high... There just aren't enough kids playing to notice. It's changing but it's a long process. That said, moving the London club all over the place hasn't helped. That's what haopens when you let chairmen/women run clubs, instead of the RFL icon_wink.gif

29 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
29 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.837890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
RD 25 Hull FC H
leeds owl
1m
Call for funds
Listenup94
6m