FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Leigh Leopards > Has anything changed these past 48 hours ?
152 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25757
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2021Feb 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2032_1340307831.gif
Please do not send me any PM's I dont check this board often enough to be able to answer them, use my e mail add please fjparkinson@virginmedia.com All posts on this message board by me are mine I am NOT a representative in any way shape or form of ANY Rugby League club.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2032.gif

Thing is ML I know how hard it is for Lynda to get assistance in anything she does behind the scenes for LISA and most things get shoved on her plate because she has no one to delegate these things to and she works tirelessly long hours doing it all so naturally she is sensitive re all things LISA and long may she remain so as for the last few years she has been LISA mostly on her own.
I once went to a LISA meeting and asked one member 'so if Leigh were really struggling and wanted £5K to pay a bill or else the person owed to would issue a winding up order, you would let that happen even if LISA could pay that bill?' the reply 'YES THE LISA MONEY IS FOR PLAYERS ONLY' unbelievable but true.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: waterfield's finest "
Quote: waterfield's finest "LOL all you like (and there you go again with the implications of a lack of thoroughness that you really oughtn’t do as my leader).

I have seen this before but that simply says the purpose is simply…."to raise money for LRLFC”.

Sorry but that doesn’t do much for me (which is perhaps why I haven’t signed up until D-day).

An example taken from the Warrington site which I might have fallen for a lot earlier….. (not saying we copy, but think about the aims, the interface with the club, the visibility of funding and decisions etc)'"

What a load of crud , the Warrington organisation is totally different to the Leigh one , their's was and is specifically set up to support junior players , ours wasn't and isn't

Is that simple enough for you

The aim of ###### is to support the development, coaching and promotion of young local players at all levels. This includes aiding local junior sides, as well as Service Area Teams, right through to fully professional Wolves’ players.
Each year, after discussions with the club and coaching staff, ###### will choose a number of young players to be sponsored. ######## members will have full sight and control of the form this sponsorship is to take.
We also help provide kit, equipment, training and bursaries for youth teams and players ranging from the u12s all the way up to u21s. We want to see a production line of top young talent – preferably mostly from Warrington – to help strengthen the first team.
The scheme is not a short-term fix by members, but a long-term investment in the youth of the club and the town.
'"

If you want to support junior players at Leigh , please set up an organisation specifically to do so

RankPostsTeam
Moderator22898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15778_1321882771.png
L.I.S.A Secretary [url=http://www.leigh-isa.org.uk:1gm9a4wz]LISA website[/url:1gm9a4wz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15778.png

That is true that Fred.
However whilst weRe trying to get new members for such an important reason, all suggestions and changes need to take a back seat imafraid.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: waterfield's finest "It should never be set in stone for me Fred. The constitution should allow for a changeable mandate and provide a set of operating rules as to how that would be achieved.

At the moment, it's cash injection that's required. In future, LISA might want to refocus its cash into community and youth based projects. To change the focus would be a business decision that would need to be approved according to the operating rules.

If LISA gets its 1000 members that's 60k per year administered exactly how, by who? Needs absolute transparency.'"

Where you a member from the start ? , did you help in its setting up ? , have you ever been to a meeting and suggested it change ? , LISA is what its members currently want it to be , an organisation that raises money to give to the club to pay 1 st team players contracts , that is it , its members wanted it that way , if at some stage the membership wants to vote to change its purpose then fine , until then it stays the same as it currently is , all comparisons with other organisations be they supporters assocciations or trusts is irrelivant

Not having a dig , just telling it like it is

RankPostsTeam
Moderator22898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15778_1321882771.png
L.I.S.A Secretary [url=http://www.leigh-isa.org.uk:1gm9a4wz]LISA website[/url:1gm9a4wz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15778.png

Re junior team scholarships academies there goods news re funding on the way, so they will have funding, so let's give the club money for first team players. Some people will get a big shock when they see our budget next season!
So more money. LISA makes, the quality of team we have improves.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator22898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15778_1321882771.png

Quote: frankb "There is a very good reason why this membership push is vital.

Our gates are not good enough to pay for our tenancy of the LSV and to have a decent team on the park a fantastic coach and a reserve side.

Warrington's equivalent of LISA cannot be compared because the club its' members support has average gates of over 10000 per game and are in receipt of quite a wod of cash from Sky.

When Leigh are in the same situation as Warrington then we could conceivably alter what our fundraising is for.

Until then if you want to watch a pro RL club in the town you need to join LISA if you can afford it.'"

Thanks Frank you sum it up correctly, I did speak to the people at warrington a couple of year back.
I would think the only way of doing something similar is having two Lisa accounts one for first team players one for youth teams, upon joining you nominate wrong you want your money going too. That would be easy to set up and run I would think.

Lynda

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7518No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7175.jpg
get leigh outta wigan:7175.jpg

I've made my views/opinions on Lisa on here before, and thats why I have previously never joined as there's lots of things which it coud do rather than what appears 'just giving' to the club, youth development, possibly employ a marketing person to promote the club and lisa, but as I said the other day, at this moment in time (probably at least the next 2 years) its best to just get on with it, and join.

If enough people join and have other ideas on the future direction, in three years time there could be enough members with similar views to vote for a change. or even dare I say enough members to do several things.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator22898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15778_1321882771.png

Quote: glow "I've made my views/opinions on Lisa on here before, and thats why I have previously never joined as there's lots of things which it coud do rather than what appears 'just giving' to the club, youth development, possibly employ a marketing person to promote the club and lisa, but as I said the other day, at this moment in time (probably at least the next 2 years) its best to just get on with it, and join.

If enough people join and have other ideas on the future direction, in three years time there could be enough members with similar views to vote for a change. or even dare I say enough members to do several things.'"

See Steves post on page 5 posted yesterday at 4.44 pm , it sets out all we need at the moment , as for the future , let's make sure we have one , then decide how we want it to be funded and how we contribute

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3302No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2014Sep 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/Sid.gif
:fonds blancs/Sid.gif

The reason I have just joined is because the club are in trouble and need as much help as possible and if that means using my subscription for the purpose of keeping a Leigh rugby team then so be it ,like as been said ,lets get over this huge hurdle before trying to change what LISA does as there is plenty of time for that in the future oh and Linda you are doing a fantastic job icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1553No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10619.jpg
-------------------------- IRN-BRU - THE NEW TASTE OF RUGBY LEAGUE !!:10619.jpg

When Leigh entered SL in 2005, with all the SL revenue streams available to the club (including SKY money), LISA members voted to change it's mandate to provide funding for junior development - This was the obvious course of action as first team players were no longer a priority (ie they wold have been brought in anyway, The money was there regardless if LISA existed or not)

The the following season LISA members voted, and again the members decided to continue with a youth development strategy in an attempt to see this investment come to fruition. I remember Kirk Haggerty being one player that was sponsored, along similar lines to Warrington's current ISA.

Then we all know what happened at the end of 2006 the club imploded (again), first team players left in droves and there was a string of other resignations one 'Black Thursday' in October that year.

Suddenly youth development was very much on the 'back burner' and another first team squad was required. LISA funding has been required for the first team ever since. Remember we were very nearly 'relegated' to champ1 in 2009.

So LISA members are pretty much receptive to the 'needs must' of the club rather than resisting change (They have already changed the mandate twice) albeit admittedly in the format they believe is best for the club.

The off field situation at Leigh right now, simply can not be compared to another clubs aims and goals

Also as Frank suggests, If Warrington are unlucky enough to find themselves not only outside SL but in our predicament as well, does anyone really truly believe their ISA will continue to be funding youth development? I do not.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member16601No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB181.gif
:cartoons/WB181.gif

as has been stated this is a battle for survival at present and that should be the one focus, do not get distracted. Agree with every good idea and remind them about the present suggesting I am sure we could do that if the members wanted to when this mess is sorted.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1072No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2017Aug 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Starbug "Where you a member from the start ? , did you help in its setting up ? , have you ever been to a meeting and suggested it change ? , LISA is what its members currently want it to be , an organisation that raises money to give to the club to pay 1 st team players contracts , that is it , its members wanted it that way , if at some stage the membership wants to vote to change its purpose then fine , until then it stays the same as it currently is , all comparisons with other organisations be they supporters assocciations or trusts is irrelivant

Not having a dig , just telling it like it is'"

I simply said that the mandate, or constitution, as it is written, does little to attract the 'floating voter'. It's good to know that the purpose can change - but I still think that having that stated more clearly would be a positive move and help attract new members.

And I only put the Wolves one up as an example of a statement with the terms of reference more clearly stated.

You shouldn't need to ask whether I was there from the start because you know I have only just signed up. However if LISA is a club and not a clique, the fact that I'm a new boy should not devalue my opinion in any way.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2448No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Sep 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3390_1304612784.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3390.gif

Waterfields Finest - I do agree that a clear mandate will help in the longer term, and some people, like us, like to focus on stuff like that. The simple truth is that the mandate is currently very simple, we need money or Leigh will go bust. If people withhold their funds because they don't like the sound of it, then I am afraid I think the chances of getting their money for any other purpose would be quite slim!

I can now see the logic of not clouding the clear and urgent message about the need for funds just at the moment. But don't lose the thought, we should definitely revisit it...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8679
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14002_1637716780.jpg
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14002.jpg

we have 4 problems don't we:
1) we pay to play at the 'concrete morgue'.
2) our ONLY backer has quit, our directors are skint also.
3) L.I.S.A. can help, but not save our club.
4) ??????????

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg

Quote: waterfield's finest "I simply said that the mandate, or constitution, as it is written, does little to attract the 'floating voter'. It's good to know that the purpose can change - but I still think that having that stated more clearly would be a positive move and help attract new members.

And I only put the Wolves one up as an example of a statement with the terms of reference more clearly stated.

You shouldn't need to ask whether I was there from the start because you know I have only just signed up. However if LISA is a club and not a clique, the fact that I'm a new boy should not devalue my opinion in any way.'"

Once you have signed up your opinion is as valuable as anybody elses , and you are welcome to put whatever changes you want forward at the AGM , however as you haven't been to a meeting before and you are obviously unaware of previous voting on the very issue you are suggesting , better to go to the meeting and try to convince members there than on here

The only concern right now is securing the short term future of the club , any technical details will have to wait

152 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
152 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.35009765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC