Aug 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Nov 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB181.gif
:cartoons/WB181.gif

May I just thank all our wonderful fans for the support they have given the team not just last night but all season - you really are the 18th man and are playing such a huge role in our success to date.

Last night was a fantastic experience for me personally, a sea of red n white for all to see.

On the field our team showed they can mix it with the best, but more importantly they want to mix it with the best. MoM - all 17 plus coaches plus squad for me

Off the field our fans showed how much this team and club means to them, we are not just in it together but we are truly one unit, bleeding for one another to reach our goals.

The praise from the Leeds players, sponsors, fans and Directors was humbling for me, they are the club of the past decade on and off the pitch, to have them singing the praises of our club and what they had just witnessed was unbelievable

We have come a long way in a year, but have achieved nothing yet - our goal is top 2 and then SL by 2017 and to do that we need to continue growing our clubs fan base, sponsorships and profile.

We have two crucial games coming up, and we will need the fans to raise the roof again to lift the lads beyond the bumps, bruises and fatigue after last nights heroic efforts. We have had unprecedented media exposure these past few days, our product was there for all to see live on Sky last night and the viewing public must have liked what they saw

Its great to be a Leyther at present, lets pack the stands with a sea of red n white not just for the next two crucial games but for the rest of the season and beyond.

Together we will be unstoppable, our Passion is infectious and the future is what we make of it, lets put Leigh back on the map

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15768_1384187582.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15768.jpg

Quote: maurice "May I just thank all our wonderful fans for the support they have given the team not just last night but all season - you really are the 18th man and are playing such a huge role in our success to date.

Last night was a fantastic experience for me personally, a sea of red n white for all to see.

On the field our team showed they can mix it with the best, but more importantly they want to mix it with the best. MoM - all 17 plus coaches plus squad for me

Off the field our fans showed how much this team and club means to them, we are not just in it together but we are truly one unit, bleeding for one another to reach our goals.

The praise from the Leeds players, sponsors, fans and Directors was humbling for me, they are the club of the past decade on and off the pitch, to have them singing the praises of our club and what they had just witnessed was unbelievable

We have come a long way in a year, but have achieved nothing yet - our goal is top 2 and then SL by 2017 and to do that we need to continue growing our clubs fan base, sponsorships and profile.

We have two crucial games coming up, and we will need the fans to raise the roof again to lift the lads beyond the bumps, bruises and fatigue after last nights heroic efforts. We have had unprecedented media exposure these past few days, our product was there for all to see live on Sky last night and the viewing public must have liked what they saw

Its great to be a Leyther at present, lets pack the stands with a sea of red n white not just for the next two crucial games but for the rest of the season and beyond.

Together we will be unstoppable, our Passion is infectious and the future is what we make of it, lets put Leigh back on the map'"

Maurice for Prime Minister icon_thumb.gif icon_wink.gif .

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman9547
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
975_1347830146.gif
My posts do not reflect the opinion of rlfans.com, my employer, the Prime Minister, Lassie, NRL fans or the privately educated. The opinions posted here are solely intended to influence the intellectually destitute. Money back guarantee applies.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_975.gif

Neil, it's wonderful to be part of it all. We're loving coming along for the ride and I think lasts nights performance would have been seen in the homes and pubs of Leigh and surrounding areas, and people can't fail to take notice.

I am proud and excited by what our great club is building, and I thank each and every board member, investor, employee & volunteer for helping to build this great team we see on the field. Each one has played a vital role in making this happen.

The coaching staff and players are working so hard to achieve our dreams, they deserve so much credit.

Our passionate, vocal and growing fan base have been immense for the team and continue to lift them every week.

This club is going all the way to the top.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman16250
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2020Feb 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
953.jpg
2015 - major missed opportunity, 2016 - stronger teams = harder task (no problem there then), 2017 - OMG What now!!!:953.jpg

We might not be able to get there at the moment, but we still feel part of this evolving machine. I watched on TV last night with my wife, son and his girlfriend, although I am not sure how much they watched as they seemed to be watching me, mostly to make sure I didn't have another heart attack. icon_lol.gif

See you all in a few weeks hopefully

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3837No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5524-1400vdias-msnicons.jpg
Put a glide in yer stride a dip in your hip and follow me to LEYTH SPORTS VILLAGE and take a Rugby League trip with the Mighty CENTURIONS We train on beans man Human beans"..........:icons42da_files/5524-1400vdias-msnicons.jpg

If I was a RL Player I would want to play for Leigh Centurions .....

RankPostsTeam
Moderator22898No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2023Mar 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15778_1321882771.png
L.I.S.A Secretary [url=http://www.leigh-isa.org.uk:1gm9a4wz]LISA website[/url:1gm9a4wz]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15778.png

Also I wouldn't want to leave Leigh Centurions either !!!

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6047No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2205.gif
------------------------------------- NOW PLAYING: SPECIAL D - Come With Me -------------------------------------:2205.gif

Quote: Michael_Ward "Neil, it's wonderful to be part of it all. We're loving coming along for the ride and I think lasts nights performance would have been seen in the homes and pubs of Leigh and surrounding areas, and people can't fail to take notice.

I am proud and excited by what our great club is building, and I thank each and every board member, investor, employee & volunteer for helping to build this great team we see on the field. Each one has played a vital role in making this happen.

The coaching staff and players are working so hard to achieve our dreams, they deserve so much credit.

Our passionate, vocal and growing fan base have been immense for the team and continue to lift them every week.

This club is going all the way to the top.'"

Couldn't put it better myself eusa_clap.gif PROUD LEYTHER !!!!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach220No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2018Jan 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
49913_1326477949.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_49913.png

It really is hard to sum up exactly what happened on Friday night. Having grown up on stories of 71 and 81/82 I have had to dream of what it would be like for Leigh to be a top team. The performance on Friday as Sky have rightly said, had Leigh gone on to win would have been possibly the biggest shock in the history of the sport. So proud to be associated with this club.

The season so far has been immense and it's going to be tough to pick themselves up after that titanic effort for the challenge of Halifax. Hopefully the strength in depth and the tactics that Rowley clearly brings to the side can see us through. Our ultimate aim is obviously the top 2 and we all have every confidence in is side to deliver. For me though, if that is secured we have to finally put our playoff jinx to bed and get ourselves to a grand final. Hopefully we have learned some lessons on calm decisions in a tight game at the end and that can only stand us in good stead.

Onwards and upwards. It's never been more exciting to be a Leigh fan!

RankPostsTeam
International Star7No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Fantastic display on Friday night still in awe of how those lads played, played with a lot of those lads over the years and they are a great bunch. That night will forever be a talking point in Challenge Cup history and for Leigh RL.

Congratulations Leigh RL on yet another hint that the sleeping giant has been awakened. The club is finally being run the right way and now its time for all the town to get behind the cause - me included.

What a feeling Friday night!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13012No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2021Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15768_1384187582.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_15768.jpg

Quote: Radders1981 "Fantastic display on Friday night still in awe of how those lads played, played with a lot of those lads over the years and they are a great bunch. That night will forever be a talking point in Challenge Cup history and for Leigh RL.

Congratulations Leigh RL on yet another hint that the sleeping giant has been awakened. The club is finally being run the right way and now its time for all the town to get behind the cause - me included.

What a feeling Friday night!!'"

Glad you feel this way Radders , and hope you start to come along to the LSV as often as possible .It will be very interesting to see what the Attendances are for our next 2 home games , the Fax game should be a cracker as it will define Faxs season , they HAVE to win to stand any chance of finishing 2nd ,Karl H will have them fired up , maybe the North Stand will wave to Ryan Fieldhouse .

Then its on to Sundays game , again will be good to see Bobbie turn out , on Fathers Day , hopefully a few Fans will bring their Dads , I know of 3 who are bringing theirs Dads for the first time this season , I only wish I could bring my Dad .I KNOW how proud he would have been on Friday .

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7518No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7175.jpg
get leigh outta wigan:7175.jpg

I was out round Leigh Saturday and several people spoke to me about how much pride, passion and commitment the lads showed, these are people who watched it in the pubs, one of them told me that after watching the game in Hogan’s most at the end of the game stood up and gave them a standing ovation.

I told them all it was no fluke and they’ve been playing like that all year, a couple said they are now going to take some games in, starting on Wednesday.

Fantastic effort, but as battered and bruised as the team may be we now need to ensure we follow it up with another sterling performance on Wednesday as hopefully we may get some newbie’s. .

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman33727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2022May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
1034_1335734906.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_1034.jpg

Quote: glow "I was out round Leigh Saturday and several people spoke to me about how much pride, passion and commitment the lads showed, these are people who watched it in the pubs, one of them told me that after watching the game in Hogan’s most at the end of the game stood up and gave them a standing ovation.

I told them all it was no fluke and they’ve been playing like that all year, a couple said they are now going to take some games in, starting on Wednesday.

Fantastic effort, but as battered and bruised as the team may be we now need to ensure we follow it up with another sterling performance on Wednesday as hopefully we may get some newbie’s. .'"

Similarly I lost count of the number of people who said likewise to me when out for tea on Saturday evening in my Leigh top. Went to the Crusaders-Swinton game yesterday and there were no end of positive comments about our performance on Friday.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4636
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Jan 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

At quiz night in my local this evening I had a few very complimentary comments from folk who watched our game on Friday about how good our team were and deserved to win. Some of em are footie fans. Course I told em we had an off day. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star327
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2015Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Leyther_Matt "Similarly I lost count of the number of people who said likewise to me when out for tea on Saturday evening in my Leigh top. Went to the Crusaders-Swinton game yesterday and there were no end of positive comments about our performance on Friday.'"

Agree with Matt, the groundswell of goodwill from Crusaders fans for Leigh rugby has been overwhelming. I sell programmes at Cru matches and everyone there knows I'm a big Leigh fan too. Almost without exception people stopped to say how fantastic Leigh were on Friday, I've also had congrats messages and pms on Facebook - as though I had anything to do with the performance - ha ha!

With TV coverage and so much media attention the magnificent performance has been brilliant PR for the club.

RankPostsTeam
International Star230
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I work with some Wiganers and we have good banter as to who supports the best team,but have to say they were full of praise for Leigh even said they were screaming at the telly for them to drop a goal and how unlucky we were not to win it. I'm so proud to be a Leyther cant stop smiling icon_biggrin.gif

15 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish
15 posts in 2 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Dick Jones , jonny the leyther , mish

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0966796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford H
DSJ1983
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
Recent